Jump to content

DYOM IX (old topic)


darkmorgan

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, M316 said:

 


The mods unpinned it cos it wasnt supposed to be pinned in the first place (one of them just got too excited like us so he pinned it), but regardless it most likely will be repinned cos of the awards (bit of a prediction) and as far as IX goes, its updates are on a hiatus till Morgan comes back in a better mental state, all power to him

 

those bastards, am i right

  • excuseme 2
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, leoncj said:

 

those bastards, am i right

Andrej

But hey, it will be back like nothing have happened 

  • excuseme 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, aboy_trappedinabox said:

This Mod is incompatible With GTA Mixed Mod

Hello!

 

Yeah, I also tried it, and with GTA Brasil, but they use a different Limit Adjuster (I think it's Open Limit Adjuster?) so it is totally incompatible. Maybe someday the dev makes it work for different conversions of gta sa, but I doubt it is a thing in the development roadmap at this moment.

Edited by Toriality
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

aboy_trappedinabox

i actually Managed to get it to work on GTA Mixed Mod By Writing The New Numbers On Fastman Limit Adjuster But i Tried That On Clean Game With No Other mod Installed

+ I Removed Open Limit Adjuster 

Edited by aboy_trappedinabox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

aboy_trappedinabox

i think i found an alterantive way to use turrets in mission There's a mod named "Turret in any vehicle" i think it Will do but i didnt try it my self Due The Lack Of Time so i can't Confirm Anything
if some one tries give us the result

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, aboy_trappedinabox said:

i think i found an alterantive way to use turrets in mission There's a mod named "Turret in any vehicle" i think it Will do but i didnt try it my self Due The Lack Of Time so i can't Confirm Anything
if some one tries give us the result

 

Yes, but 90% of DYOM community that don't use mods will not use it. We would want it in modification already. These mods can be also bugged. And we saw this mod, and we would want the first person view, instead of "OG sitting in the FBI truck shooting from the machine gun", we want something from Reuniting The Families :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 3:00 PM, darkmorgan said:

 dyomixnewall.png

 

"Hello everyone! Back then in 2018, I realized that DYOM can be edited, but it was a big problem. And the problem was the limit of scm file (DYOM 8.1 has 197000/200000). It's a very big number. Even just a few added functions can destroy everything. Now it's 2021. I just opened my previous file of edited DYOM. Some of the guys wrote, that maybe limit adjuster can solve this problem. I've tried this, and it's worked! I fast posted first two versions of DYOM IX. But then I realized that I was stupid, and did a huge mistake. Then I fast repaired it and in v2.0 limit of the code was officially broken. I want to say a big, big thanks to the original creators of DYOM - Dutchy3010 and PatrickW. You've done a lot of work! I read a DYOM code and very was impressed how they could make this mode works. This is very incredible! There was hard work through their years of coding DYOM. There are no doubt that all of the authorship is belongs to them and it's just a modification. However, I've made serious progress in understanding how the DYOM works."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original authors: Dutchy3010, PatrickW

Modification from: Axoez, darkmorgan

Testers: Arkian, M316, Robert17

Limit Adjuster: fastman92

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download 3.1 (updated)

Due to the fact that the developers stopped releasing updates for a long time (7 years), I decided to do this modification. From this point on, the versions begin that come out under my changes, that is, the IX versions will add new functions and additions to the editor as far as possible. You can keep the original version and this version because they are in different MPACKs. Compatible with 8.1

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What's new stuff?

- 216 New Animations

- 73 New Pickups

- 65536 Weathers are now available

- 215 New Objects

- 18 New Skins

- Nitro, hydraulics, opening components of the car(hood, doors, trunk)

- 7 New Groups of Actors with new behaviors to other groups

- Characteristics, Fight Style, and Weapon Skill for Player

- 31 New Interiors in Tools

- Two Guns, Spook-o-meter, Invisibility and Weapon Droppable function for Actors

- Zoom In/Out, Focus and Fast Motion for Cutscenes

- More settings for Cars/Actors health

- A lot of bug fixes

___________________________________________________________________________________

F.A.Q.

  Reveal hidden contents
  • What is DYOM IX?

- This is a modification of DYOM 8.1 that has been approved by the original creators. Many different features and improvements have already been added to it.

 

  • How do I install DYOM IX?

1. Open the archive with DYOM IX with any archiver (for example WinRar)
2. Extract DYOM folder to My Documents / Documents
3. Extract the GTA San Andreas folder to the game folder with a replacement
4. Recommended, but not required to download gtasa.exe v1.0

 

  • How do I start DYOM IX?

- Enter the game, select "new game", select "Design Your Own Mission IX"

 

  • Is DYOM IX compatible with DYOM 8.1?

- Yes. You can run missions and storylines from 8.1 in DYOM IX, but the other way around is not possible.

 

  • Will my present missions in IX be launched in the future?

- Yes. Starting with version 3.0, support for all future ones begins. Therefore, you can safely do missions on 3.0+ versions. You will be able to run them and everything will be fine.

 

  • I have crashes, how to fix it?

- If DYOM crashes at startup, then most likely you do not have the CLEO library installed, or it is too old. Or, in addition to Limit Adjuster, you also have some Adjuster plugin installed. Unfortunately, the presence of other Adjuster plugins will cause crashes, therefore, please install only Limit Adjuster from the archive.

 

  • If crashes still occur?

- Try to install everything from scratch except the GTA San Andreas User Files folder, for this, download CLEO 4.4.0, then install Limit Adjuster. In "ini" file in the limit adjuster file, necessarily write down these numbers indicated in the pictures, while removing the # at the beginning.

 

222.png

 

3333.png

 

44.png

 

Screenshots

  Reveal hidden contents

754635.png

 

3454.png

 

2.png

 

1.jpg

 

4.png

 

 

3.png

 

 

1.png

 

 

01.png

 

 

4323.png

 

v1.0 improvements:

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Added new health settings for the actor, now you can make him immortal, as well as set such values as: 1, 25, 50, 5000, 10000, 25000 ♥️
  • Added new health settings for transport, now you can make it immortal, as well as set such values as: 5000, 10000, 25000 🥰
  • Added 10 new pickups 🫕
  • When choosing pickups, the number is now shown
  • Added 170 new animations 🎥
  • When choosing an animation, you can now inspect it (freezing is disabled)
  • When choosing the color of the vehicle, the number is now shown
  • When choosing a weather, a number is now shown
  • Now you can select all available weather in the game, which is now 65536 🌌
  • When choosing a weather, you can now inspect it (disabled freezing)

 

v1.2 improvements:

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Now you can simultaneously save and load up to 12 missions (Previously, you could only have 8. Now there can be dyom9.dat, dyom10.dat, dyom11.dat, dyom12.dat)
  • Fixed a critical bug: when choosing effects, the game immediately crashed

 

v2.0 improvements:

  Reveal hidden contents
  • As it turned out in previous versions, the limit on the project code was not removed. Now it's removed and everything should work better.
  • Now for the mission Cars you can open one of its parts (hood, trunk, doors). 🚘
  • Now the peds don't talk to the player
  • Disabled notifications about player statistics
  • Now Cars can be equipped with hydraulics 🏎️
  • Music is turned off in interiors
  • Removed music on crash (that's from limit adjuster)
  • Added 46 new animations 📼
  • Now, upon successful completion of the mission, the following will not be displayed: "Respect +"
  • Added 63 new pickups 🎽
  • Cars can now be supplied with nitro ⚡
  • Added 5 new groups for Actors. Each of them differs in its attitude towards certain groups, or behavior in general (less evil, attack only when triggered, etc) 🎭
  • Removed height limit
  • Added +31 new interiors and view locations in tools 🌠

 

 

 

v2.1 improvements:

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Fixed a bug when the audio code moved out and an extra CDE prefix appeared. Now the audio codes work fine, although only sounds so far
  • Actors can now be given two guns 🔫
  • Fixed a bug with incorrect display of the mission author
  • Actors can now be made invisible ✨
  • Replaced some animations with more appropriate ones 

 

v3.0 improvements:

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Starting with version 3.0, support for all future ones begins. That is, you can run missions made on 3.0 in a hypothetical 4.0 or 5.0
  • It is no longer possible to create storylines using IX missions due to their large size
  • Now the Actors can be equipped with a Spook-o-meter. Too close to the Actor, the Mission will Fail. 🚸
  • Now the Player can be given such characteristics as muscle, fat, stamina, driving level, lung capacity, etc.  👨‍💼
  • Added a new group of Enemies - Cowardly Enemy. 👀
  • Now in the settings, you can immediately hide peds or vehicles without resorting to using the Objectives 👻
  • Actors can now have Weapon Droppable function 🔪
  • Now the Camera can be set to the Zoom function. You can zoom in and out 📷
  • Disabled cheats in missions
  • The Tools now have a Mission Statistics function. You can see the number of pickups, actors, goals, etc.
  • Added 215 new models for objects 🧱
  • Now the Player can be given a certain fight styles (If you have DYOM #, then this may cause problems) 🥋
  • Removed firefighters and medics during the mission
  • Now the Player can be given the skill of a certain weapon (for example, for two weapons, walking while shooting, etc.) ⚔️
  • In the settings, you can now change the Gravity for the Mission. You can make it heavy (everything will be heavy), or easy (the player jumps high, vehicles levitate) 🛸
  • Now, when killing an Actor who should have survived, in addition to "Mission Failed", an additional inscription will appear below, explaining the reason for the failure
  • The player now has endless running
  • Now, when destroying a Vehicle that was supposed to survive, in addition to "Mission Failed", an additional inscription will appear below, explaining the reason for the failure
  • Now the Camera can be equipped with the Fast Motion function. ⏱️
  • Now, during the creation of missions, the Player jumps high, this feature will help you quickly get to any places
  • Added a new universal group - Police. The actor will behave like a cop (he holds a pistol with both hands, can arrest, attacks in front of the stars). ⭐

 

Bugofixes -

  • Restored compatibility with version 8.1, now missions are launched
  • Restored storyline compatibility from 8.1. Now they can be run on IX
  • Improved work of all processes
  • Restored am.mp3 system, now Audiocode works as it was before.
  • Fixed a bug when the game crashed when exporting the text to dyomtemp.txt.
  • Fixed a bug when a group of Enemy4 was saved as an Enemy5.
  • Fixed a bug when the first color of the vehicle was selected, the number was not displayed
  • Fixed incorrect display of case of letters.
  • Fixed a bug when teleporting the Player to the Car, when Driveby was placed incorrectly

 

v3.1 improvements (latest):

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Added 18 new skins 🕺
  • Fixed crashes when selecting objects
  • Fixed a bug when it was impossible to make the Vehicle undying
  • Fixed a bug when it was impossible to select interiors coming after 153
  • Added new settings for Zoom: stay in focus, Zoom up to 25%, etc. 📽️
  • Keyboard cheats returned
  • Added the ability to disable or enable SuperJump in Tools 🤾‍♂️

 

Yo, for the smoking animation, is it possible to make the actor hold a blunt and actually smoke it? just like how the gang members in the real game do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Megaknight_3 said:

Yo, for the smoking animation, is it possible to make the actor hold a blunt and actually smoke it? just like how the gang members in the real game do it. 

 

No I don't think so. This would involve putting another object into somebody's hand, and it would like "wrap" to his hand, and there's no feature for that (im not 100% sure). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please fix crash with new peds. Ca you tell mi how to find new character models in img file to replace for fix crash pls? 1049 id ped.

Edited by milosdoni
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ay guys, Robert17 here. Most of you should've noticed by now Morgan ain't dropping any more updates suddenly almost without a single word. What I mean is he did mention in short that he has real life issues then just dipped without responding to our DMs anymore, also not properly addressing this announcement to the community. So in short, we (the IX testers) are just as confused as you about the sudden hiatus. Because he's inactive, I think this mod will be on hold for now. Hope he's coming back as soon as possible.

Also, the publish mission feature is broken for the latest version as tested by me and other designers so for now if you want to publish a DYOM IX mission you will have to publish it without it being a read only file. I know, pretty dissapointing bug that should be fixed asap, but there's nothing that can be done about it until Morgan comes back.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robert17 said:

Ay guys, Robert17 here. Most of you should've noticed by now Morgan ain't dropping any more updates suddenly almost without a single word. What I mean is he did mention in short that he has real life issues then just dipped without responding to our DMs anymore, also not properly addressing this announcement to the community. So in short, we (the IX testers) are just as confused as you about the sudden hiatus. Because he's inactive, I think this mod will be on hold for now. Hope he's coming back as soon as possible.

Also, the publish mission feature is broken for the latest version as tested by me and other designers so for now if you want to publish a DYOM IX mission you will have to publish it without it being a read only file. I know, pretty dissapointing bug that should be fixed asap, but there's nothing that can be done about it until Morgan comes back.

 

We think that it's somehow releated to the current world events that are happening right now, sadly. But yeah I wish he'll comeback safe! :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Horus Publishing said:

 

We think that it's somehow releated to the current world events that are happening right now, sadly. But yeah I wish he'll comeback safe! :) 


It is not, it happened a month ago. He went on a hiatus stating he has some personal problems that he will take care off but doesnt know when will he be back. Shame he didnt address other stuff properly. Hope he comes back soon

Edited by M316
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, Horus Publishing said:

 

No I don't think so. This would involve putting another object into somebody's hand, and it would like "wrap" to his hand, and there's no feature for that (im not 100% sure). 

I feel like if he manages to find the ingame files of how they made NPCS hold objects, then it would be possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Megaknight_3 said:

I feel like if he manages to find the ingame files of how they made NPCS hold objects, then it would be possible.

Could be a possibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kailojado haddines

Hello, i have a problem. when  i press DYOM IX, it crashes

Edited by Kailojado haddines
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, M316 said:


It is not, it happened a month ago. He went on a hiatus stating he has some personal problems that he will take care off but doesnt know when will he be back. Shame he didnt address other stuff properly. Hope he comes back soon

 

But things now could make that alot worse than it possibly was..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Kailojado haddines said:

Hello, i have a problem. when  i press DYOM IX, it crashes

You probably have conflicting limit adjusters, try removing the open limit adjuster.asi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kailojado haddines
Quote
10 hours ago, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

You probably have conflicting limit adjusters, try removing the open limit adjuster.asi

 

Ok

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ForgeGMP said:

Hello

How are you, is good see me bumping a chat right?

 

 

Of course, but mod is still abandoned and we are all waiting for answers ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Megaknight_3

I cant add anymore actors even though I have hidden all the ones I dont need. Is this a glitch? anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can only add up to 100 actors, 50 vehicles, 100 objects, 100 pickups and 100 objectives in a mission

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 10:00 PM, darkmorgan said:

It is no longer possible to create storylines using IX missions due to their large size

Can't the storyline mode get updated and have higher limits with the limit adjuster somehow?!

I don't understand the code, just suggesting here.. because a mod like this really needs to have the storyline mode included..

I tried making 2 simple missions with 5 objectives at most, put the mission triggers and went to the first mission marker to begin the first mission, it started without any problems.

But after I passed the first mission, The storyline just ended. And every time I try, It just lets you play only one mission!

So if there's any possibility to update the storyline system, it'll be awesome! If so, you can add new features too. Like: phonecalls between missions, mission marker appears always but the mission only starts at a specific time, both the mission marker and the mission itself doesn't appear or start except in a specific time, the ability to put save pickups, more advanced save system...etc. 

I have a lot of suggestions in my mind but I don't know the possibility of actually adding it into the mod..

Anyway it's a great achievement for DYOM community.. and keep the great work ❤️💪🏻

 

Edit: Oh. I just noticed that the mod is on hold rn.. I hope @darkmorgan is okay and able to continue his awesome work asap ❤️

Edited by BobAyman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobAyman said:

Can't the storyline mode get updated and have higher limits with the limit adjuster somehow?!

I don't understand the code, just suggesting here.. because a mod like this really needs to have the storyline mode included..

I tried making 2 simple missions with 5 objectives at most, put the mission triggers and went to the first mission marker to begin the first mission, it started without any problems.

But after I passed the first mission, The storyline just ended. And every time I try, It just lets you play only one mission!

So if there's any possibility to update the storyline system, it'll be awesome! If so, you can add new features too. Like: phonecalls between missions, mission marker appears always but the mission only starts at a specific time, both the mission marker and the mission itself doesn't appear or start except in a specific time, the ability to put save pickups, more advanced save system...etc. 

I have a lot of suggestions in my mind but I don't know the possibility of actually adding it into the mod..

Anyway it's a great achievement for DYOM community.. and keep the great work ❤️💪🏻

 

Edit: Oh. I just noticed that the mod is on hold rn.. I hope @darkmorgan is okay and able to continue his awesome work asap ❤️

Hello, Bob. These are nice suggestions. Most designers doesn't do storylines because it lacks many features, but it would be great if morgan implement these things into DYOM IX someday and somehow revive the use of storylines.

 

I also hope he is doing good, guess we all are, he is a tremendous talented contributor to this community.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BobAyman said:

Can't the storyline mode get updated and have higher limits with the limit adjuster somehow?!

I don't understand the code, just suggesting here.. because a mod like this really needs to have the storyline mode included..

I tried making 2 simple missions with 5 objectives at most, put the mission triggers and went to the first mission marker to begin the first mission, it started without any problems.

But after I passed the first mission, The storyline just ended. And every time I try, It just lets you play only one mission!

So if there's any possibility to update the storyline system, it'll be awesome! If so, you can add new features too. Like: phonecalls between missions, mission marker appears always but the mission only starts at a specific time, both the mission marker and the mission itself doesn't appear or start except in a specific time, the ability to put save pickups, more advanced save system...etc. 

I have a lot of suggestions in my mind but I don't know the possibility of actually adding it into the mod..

Anyway it's a great achievement for DYOM community.. and keep the great work ❤️💪🏻

 

Edit: Oh. I just noticed that the mod is on hold rn.. I hope @darkmorgan is okay and able to continue his awesome work asap ❤️

 

Also, storyline can have only up to 20-something missions to play on maximum. So it's very, very limited

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stepanko101

Great job you deed, already started using this instead of old DYOM. But I've found a bug, that crashes the game. When I try to select a skin for an actor or player it crashes pretty often. Had no idea where to post this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.