3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Missions that are not actually that hard

MrBreak16

What are some GTA missions that are widely considered to be difficult and frustrating that you find not that hard.

For example, I find the mission "Bomb Da Base: Act II" to not be hard at all. I killed all of the targets with the sniper rifle in less than 25 seconds (I did it on controller though, so maybe it is harder on mouse and keyboard). The only thing that I would consider hard for this mission is getting the $100,000 required to start it. But even then, by this point in the game, you should have enough cash to start it (that is considering that you didn't lose a lot of money from getting wasted, busted or spending it all on weapons)

• Like 2

Wrong Side Of The Tracks is actually very easy once you realize that all you have to do was follow the damn train is simply position the bike perpendicular (with some distance so the fatman's view isn't blocked) to the train and Smoke would kill everyone. Heck few times, I manage to kill all of them before we even entered the first tunnel. 

Boomshine Blowout(?) is difficult in the context of an early mission, but Vice City Stories gets a lot harder. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hellion said:

Demolition Man

That's actually pretty easy

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hellion said:

Demolition Man

Agreed. I beat this in one try yesterday. It’s especially easy if you go through once without the bombs and kill all the enemies. 

Jezus Holy Christ

I think players found missions like Wrong Side Of The Tracks or Demolition Man hard because there was no preparation for them in previous missions, so you had to kinda try learning the mechanics or ways to beat the missions while you were at it. I personally prefer that to having a story mode that feels like a big super-smooth training mode at times (looking at you GTA V).

• Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
14 hours ago, Hellion said:

Demolition Man

I'm always astonished it's considered one of the hardest. I find it easier than probably 80% of missions in Vice City. I agree it's in the same category as Wrong Side of the Tracks where it's only difficult when you first play it and don't know what to do yet.

5 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

people find three leaf clover hard? I had more issues with A Long Way To Fall

I've realised that almost any mission in IV becomes much easier if you just don't rush it. I used to find some of the big shoot out ones (especially the final one) very difficult but as soon as I started going very slow and careful to take cover and not take risks they became a piece of cake for me. Only time it can be challenging now is if there's more urgency involved (eg cops are on you or when you have to babysit Phil). I guess you have to make your health last a long time in both TLC and ALWTF but if you take things slow and make good use of the health packs it's alright.

3D era has a lot more time and/or cops after you pressure, I think that's the main thing that makes it more difficult. 

• Like 2

I never saw Wrong Side of the Tracks as that much of a hard mission to be honest. Not because I'm a good player, I'm quite mediocre actually, but because I quickly realized what I had to do in order to complete it. I think that's the hard part, finding the right position, but once you're able to do it there's not much challenge.

Edited by Wolfman_
  • Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
8 minutes ago, Wolfman_ said:

I never saw Wrong Side of the Tracks as that much of a hard mission to be honest. Not because I'm good player, I'm quite mediocre actually, but because I quickly realized what I had to do in order to complete it. I think that's the hard part, finding the right position, but once you're able to do it there's not much challenge.

Yeah it's this. I think it's not even really thought of as a hard mission, it's more just that failing it is very memorable because of Big Smoke's classic line and having to drive all the way back to try again (and a large majority of people experienced this when first playing and figuring out what to do unlike a lot of missions where you might succeed first time). Demolition Man does seem to be thought of as genuinely hard though and I don't really get that. It's no Supply Lines!

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8