The John David

MOTW #197 - Voting Time  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Vote who's the best mission

• BobBobowski - "Forgotten Evidence"
    • kennkielz007 - "Code Of The Triad"
    • Toriality - "Explosive Situation"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2021 at 10:00 AM

The John David

MOTW #197

GBlYHlm.png

For rules and guidelines, click here.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:

Posting reviews/feedback before the participation deadline is strictly NOT allowed. You may post reviews/feedback once voting starts.

Theme:

GWIVZrf.png

Description of the Theme:

Create a mission which involves stealth or performing sneak kill without attracting unwanted attention.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Blatant troll behavior will NOT be tolerated.

Entries:

@BobBobowski

Forgotten Evidence

@kennkielz007

Code of the Triad

@Toriality

Explosive Situation

Deadlines:

Participation: 01, December, 2021 - 18:00PM (GMT +8 Timezone)

Voting: 03, December, 2021 - 18:00PM (GMT +8 Timezone)

Voting Countdown Timer

Credits

AnDReJ98 - Founder & Co-Leader

RithRake24 - Co-Leader (2019-present)

Target13 - Co-Leader (2014, 2018-2019)

Chips237 - Co-Leader (2013)

The Odyssey - Founder of the first MOTW Discussion Thread

@The John David - Winner of MOTW #196 and host

Edited by The John David
Voting Commence - [12/01/2021]
  • Like 5

@The John David I'm pretty sure Galeb was just referencing an old entry of his. The mission he linked was part of a MOTW that took place two years ago and not meant to be a submission for this MOTW. Please remove it

• Like 2

The John David

Reports from @RithRake24 & @shinka

• @Galeb entry is no longer qualified in the current MOTW due to the violation of the rule!
    • No previously published missions.
Edited by The John David
Added Color Text
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The John David said:

Reports from @RithRake24 & @shinka

• @Galeb entry is no longer qualified in the current MOTW due to the violation of the rule!
    • No previously published missions.

Correction: it is not a disqualified entry since it's not even an entry at all. The member was simply just referencing an old MOTW. He wasn't even trying to enter. Though I would invite @Galeb to confirm this himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennkielz007 said:

Just a question, If a player won a MOTW. is there an option whether he will host the next MOTW or not?.

Imagine participating just to not host the next MOTW, kinda feels like a wasted effort tbh.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

Correction: it is not a disqualified entry since it's not even an entry at all. The member was simply just referencing an old MOTW. He wasn't even trying to enter. Though I would invite @Galeb to confirm this himself.

Yup, just referencing an old motw smh

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robert17 said:

Imagine participating just to not host the next MOTW, kinda feels like a wasted effort tbh.

I mean, Sean didnt host his, he gave rith his theme and he hosted it instead. It is not unusual that much to not host after u won if u have a valid reason that is, still odd tho

• Like 1

I see, very well. i will participate here :). all i really want is for you guys to enjoy my mission.

• Like 2

The John David
16 hours ago, kennkielz007 said:

Just a question, If a player won a MOTW. is there an option whether he will host the next MOTW or not?.

That's entirely up to the winner whether they'll host the next one or not? It's indicated on the rule: "The winner decides to host the next MOTW & you have (2) days to create a thread.". As a winner! I take time for brainstorming ideas for the next MOTW than rushing. This is a pretty simple task.

10 hours ago, Galeb said:

Yup, just referencing an old motw smh

Hate to be rude at you? But next time, try NOT to post entry that are made years ago if the theme is in exact phase!

• KEKW 3

17 hours ago, The John David said:

That's entirely up to the winner whether they'll host the next one or not? It's indicated on the rule: "The winner decides to host the next MOTW & you have (2) days to create a thread.". As a winner! I take time for brainstorming ideas for the next MOTW than rushing. This is a pretty simple task.

Hate to be rude at you? But next time, try NOT to post entry that are made years ago if the theme is in exact phase!

Little "basic understanding school":

On 11/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, Galeb said:

my time has come...

entry from 2 years ago: https://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/62208

"Entry from 2 years ago", by any logical sense would mean this Entry was made (and used) 2 years ago. Not a problem on my side, but rather on yours.

• KEKW 1

Good luck everyone! im not sure if ill be able to make my entry in 2 days but ill try my best, already have a plot in mind but didnt have time to create it yet

The John David

Only (7) hours left to post/distribute entries? For those designers willing to participate, please make it quick!

Voting will commence soon.

I'm finishing my entry right now, didn't sleep today :v I hope y'all like it, I had to rush on a lot of details so it might contain some bugs

Its the first mission i publish ^^ gonna update this post in a few minutes with the mission link

-----

done

https://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/71191

yeah i didn't remember there is a mission in the original game with the same name

Edited by Toriality
  • Like 3

The John David

Voting has now commence! Be sure to play all the entries before you vote! Goodluck for the participants! 👍

This is my review for this one.

my vote will depends on:

-Story

-Execution

-Mechanics (type of gameplay on how to finish a task)

-Scenario

-Objective Cutscene

Explosive Situation  by @Toriality.

I like the mechanics on your Entry @Toriality. my only problem when i play your mission is the hidden objectives. fortunately, your mission is in Edit mode.

therefore, I review the edit mode first to move on to the next objective. but overall it`s 3/5. it seems you rush to finish the mission. but i think if you got some time to polish it and make the objectives easy to follow. i think its 4/5.

Objective Scenario:

1.Using camera to capture the image of the enemy`s location.

2.Planting Bomb while stealth killing some Guards. (I like the positioning of the Guards here)

3.Detonation. (I like the mechanics of this part)

4.Escape from the Cops. (maybe you should add some scene on what happen next after he escape from the Cops)

Forgotten Evidence by @BobBobowski

The mission is straight forward. i like how easy to follow the objectives. but i think its lacked something. i think you need to add some interesting scenario in the story. 

for example: after killing the Guards in the airport, you can add some scenario where someone will discover that dead body of the guards and you`ll get 3 star wanted level. in that case, you can add some intense scenario. something like that. but yeah, i think you need to deepen your imagination regarding on the scenario and story. but overall, I like your execution on how to design the mission. its 3/5 for me.. 

Objective Scenario:

1. go to Airport and kill the guards

2. get to the house and stealth kill the guard to get the package.

My vote goes to Explosive Situation  by @Toriality.

even though both of them got a same grade 3/5 for me. I think the Explosive Situation have more potential. if the author got some time to polish the entire mission. that will be better.

I don`t need to review my own sh*t Entry "Code of the Triad" 🤣. I know my mission is straight forward. If I`m not the one who made this. I`ll giving it a grade of 2/5. 

Edited by kennkielz007
for update

I didn't play MOTW missions for several months and I was thinking to participate again (just for fun lol) 

Miles Edgeworth

Here's gameplay of all three missions:

For every mission, I state if you have to be stealthy during the mission. Positive answer means either the mission fails when you're detected or you're severely punished for detection.

Forgotten Evidence

Stealth required? No

It's definitely an improvement compared to the previous entry. The enemy placement was unclear for me (but you can clearly see why they were placed once you finish it once) and the last objective only extended the play time (especially since I fell from interior height to LS and I had to take a Shamal to what turned out to be simply a Burger Shot). Not perfect, but the author has definitely learned something during this week.

Code of the Triad

Stealth required? Yes, enemies have lots of HP and you're killed with one Desert Eagle shot.

7 minutes ago, kennkielz007 said:

I don`t need to review my own sh*t Entry "Code of the Triad" 🤣. I know my mission is straight forward. If I`m not the one who made this. I`ll giving it a grade of 2/5.

C'mon, no need to be so harsh 😛 Somehow it's the only mission that was actually published, weird. I enjoyed the music even after playing this mission for an hour. This mission is mostly about memorizing the enemy paths, which sounds fine to me. I eventually gave up the moment after I killed the target. I find it unfair that cops still have Desert Eagles and it takes only 3 shots to kill you. You aren't really prepared for that and there's little room for error. Overall though, it's a nicely made mission, I would just replace cop weapons with simple pistols.

Explosive Situation

Stealth required? No

This mission contains some music, but unfortunately it was too quiet, so I can't really judge this aspect.

First of all, I don't really know if the time of day wasn't set or it's author's fault, but I started this mission at night. Why the hell do some random citizens watch a bridge at night? xD I don't get the part with planting dynamite (which is the main part actually). When I saw this objective, I was actually confused how to even approach my goal, you're supposed to plant 6 bombs under the road, which sounds reasonable, then two at the edges, which I guess is possible when you're stealthy, but then there's this bomb at the middle of the road, guarded by an FBI agent. If you don't kill him, then you'd have to be blind not to see something on your path. If you do kill him, then how don't two patrols realize that? How don't they even see someone on the bridge to begin with? I know they face the opposite of the bridge, but there are some limits. I like the idea, but I don't really like the execution.

kennkielz007 mentioned unclear objectives and I guess it's true for the photographing objective, but I understood the intentions pretty quickly.

My vote goes to Code of the Triad, it felt the most like a stealthy game. It lacks some polish and my endless attempts made me a bit frustrated, but it's on the right track.

• Like 1

This mission contains some music, but unfortunately it was too quiet, so I can't really judge this aspect.

Yeah, I could just notice it when my friend recorded he playing the mission, in my computer all the mp3 sound of dyom are higher so i manually turned down the volume of the files, ill try to fix it next time.

First of all, I don't really know if the time of day wasn't set or it's author's fault, but I started this mission at night. Why the hell do some random citizens watch a bridge at night? xD

oops 👀

I like the mechanics on your Entry @Toriality. my only problem when i play your mission is the hidden objectives. fortunately, your mission is in Edit mode.

therefore, I review the edit mode first to move on to the next objective. but overall it`s 3/5. it seems you rush to finish the mission. but i think if you got some time to polish it and make the objectives easy to follow. i think its 4/5.

In fact I was on rush so those camera objectives should've got more polished and, if I had time to test it more, I'd probably put some markers on it and a better help text.

Thanks for all the feedbacks 😛 i certainly learned with this and ill try to improve next mission

Horus Publishing

@BobBobowski You see? Don't need to be skeptical about your missions (previously you said it was sh*t entry) you're leading the votes bro - big ups. Again i voted on Ken, unfourtanetely i couldn't record the missions because of PC problems once again (explained in my theard)

Edited by Horus Publishing

The John David

My feedback for the entries:

Forgotten Evidence

Spoiler

The plot feels a bit void to me! It's too difficult to comprehend what's going on next through the mission but it's fine? There are some small spelling / grammar mistakes which is good enough? Gameplay is great as well performs with stealth kills in optional manner or either use silencer in safest way. Length is fair. My feedback for this is 3.76/5

Code of the Triad

Spoiler

The plot feels sophisticated up to the end of the mission! Some spelling / grammar mistakes I noticed which needs some little improvements but good! Gameplay is pretty tough & challenging, it took me more than minutes to finish the whole thing before going to the ending due of observing all enemies! And the soundtrack fits well to the mission which is great! Length is medium-long enough. My feedback for this is 3.94/5

Explosive Situation

Spoiler

Very neat mission as I could say, the plot is amazing up to the end, no spelling & grammars mistakes, gameplay is pretty tough & challenging like the "Code of the Triad" did! Length is also long enough depends how the player finishes it! My feedback for this is 4.22/5

My vote goes to:

Spoiler

🥇@Toriality --> 🗳️

🥈 - @kennkielz007

🥉 - @BobBobowski

Congrats on both designer. this will be my last entry for MOTW.

I`m going to focus now to finish the Apocalypse Series :D 

competing on MOTW 196 & 197 is fun. goodluck on both of you

• Like 2