Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. Bugs*

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Panther statue only per time?


risefox
 Share

Recommended Posts

Interesting if you get only one time this rarely items, and after that you'll get random worse.... Or is it R* greedly which one puts in once?

Could be better all week only getting panther:kekw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that your characterization of Rockstar being greedy is a little off. Cayo heists are literally the best legitimate money making method that exists in this game, without fail. And forget about pink diamonds even...though we all love them! But even if you were to get Tequila every time, you're still making money hand over fist. Honestly, with the Panther statue, I think it's great that it is very rare. I also wouldn't mind much if, like when the Cayo update was first launched last year, you could only get it once every time it comes out.

 

Makes it really special!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed the cayo heist is the best money grind in the game you make huge money faster, I did like the ceo crates missions I did them for a very long time but with the new heist you can get a huge payout faster plus combined the heist with your other businesses like bunker, nightclub, and some of your biker businesses (if people still do them) you will get a bigger pay off well that my opinion anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

I think that your characterization of Rockstar being greedy is a little off. Cayo heists are literally the best legitimate money making method that exists in this game, without fail. And forget about pink diamonds even...though we all love them! But even if you were to get Tequila every time, you're still making money hand over fist. Honestly, with the Panther statue, I think it's great that it is very rare. I also wouldn't mind much if, like when the Cayo update was first launched last year, you could only get it once every time it comes out.

 

Makes it really special!

You dont get point? I said it could be better for just week long with this rare items... But meh, who cares about that, cause R* refers indifferent

15 hours ago, adam4landry said:

Agreed the cayo heist is the best money grind in the game you make huge money faster, I did like the ceo crates missions I did them for a very long time but with the new heist you can get a huge payout faster plus combined the heist with your other businesses like bunker, nightclub, and some of your biker businesses (if people still do them) you will get a bigger pay off well that my opinion anyway.

What was that? This is not relevant to the question... Title was about Panther 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, risefox said:

You dont get point? I said it could be better for just week long with this rare items... But meh, who cares about that, cause R* refers indifferent

 

 

I completely get your point. I just disagree with you. I can do both at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently returned to GTAO after a about a year away. Doing Cayo Perico for the first time, solo, and this event is well-timed for me. I've done all the preps and I'm ready to tackle the finale. Forgive my noobicity, but I didn't see the Panther Statue when I cased the joint. I saw some posts saying you set it to primary target, but I didn't see that option on the planning board.

 

Is there something I need to do when I launch the finale to ensure or increase my chances that the statue is there? Where will it be? In the safe or elsewhere? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

I recently returned to GTAO after a about a year away. Doing Cayo Perico for the first time, solo, and this event is well-timed for me. I've done all the preps and I'm ready to tackle the finale. Forgive my noobicity, but I didn't see the Panther Statue when I cased the joint. I saw some posts saying you set it to primary target, but I didn't see that option on the planning board.

 

Is there something I need to do when I launch the finale to ensure or increase my chances that the statue is there? Where will it be? In the safe or elsewhere? Thanks.

 

 

No, it doesn't work that way. Not unlike the Casino Heist, in the initial scope mission, you find out what your primary loot is. If you want to know what your primary loot is, just go into your sub and pull up the heist screen, and on the upper right hand corner, it will tell you what loot you scoped. If you didn't get the Panther, it's probably because you scoped the primary loot before your game changed over to the new event week in GTAO. My suggestion is you just go ahead and do this heist now, as it's too late to get the Panther Statue. Once you do, then make sure that you immediately start the intro to the heist by paying I think it's $25K. Note that if you don't start a new heist within I think it's 45 minutes (real time) while you are signed into GTAO, you will not activate "Hard Mode" and will be paid substantially less for your heist because it will be easier.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

I recently returned to GTAO after a about a year away. Doing Cayo Perico for the first time, solo, and this event is well-timed for me. I've done all the preps and I'm ready to tackle the finale. Forgive my noobicity, but I didn't see the Panther Statue when I cased the joint. I saw some posts saying you set it to primary target, but I didn't see that option on the planning board.

 

Is there something I need to do when I launch the finale to ensure or increase my chances that the statue is there? Where will it be? In the safe or elsewhere? Thanks.


If you doing it for the first time you will get the madrazo file but once your done with that one any treasure can appear when you do the heist mission again but be warned the panther statue appears once this week if you try to get it multiple times well you will have a problem this item appears on unique events by rockstar plus it also a super very rare item try getting it twice is super slim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks gentlemen. Yes, I may have started it too early? I bought the sub and Sparrow on discount so I figured my timing was OK, but I did not spot the statue in intel phase. I'm sure I'll do it again, it's not bad solo, and I gotta make my money back for the sub and other incidentals of course. Appreciate the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, adam4landry said:


If you doing it for the first time you will get the madrazo file but once your done with that one any treasure can appear when you do the heist mission again but be warned the panther statue appears once this week if you try to get it multiple times well you will have a problem this item appears on unique events by rockstar plus it also a super very rare item try getting it twice is super slim.

 

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think the Panther Statue is random. I think that whenever event week it's offered in the game, you get it the first time you start the heist from scratch in that event. That's how it was with me. The one or two times it was offered before this, as well as yesterday, I got it first try. But I never got it again during those event weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

Thanks gentlemen. Yes, I may have started it too early? I bought the sub and Sparrow on discount so I figured my timing was OK, but I did not spot the statue in intel phase. I'm sure I'll do it again, it's not bad solo, and I gotta make my money back for the sub and other incidentals of course. Appreciate the info.


No problem, Also playing it solo is a little tricky at first but after a while you will get use to it that what happen to me anyway, so have fun 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, adam4landry said:


No problem, Also playing it solo is a little tricky at first but after a while you will get use to it that what happen to me anyway, so have fun 😉

 

I didn't go in blind, I read some posts here about it first. For a first go I must say that '15-minute preps' has not been my experience haha, but that will get much faster with subsequent runs of course. I got 'captured' climbing the ladder to the CCTV tower, and I ran out of time searching the Merryweather sub, so had to re-do both of those sections. Not bad. I got the follow-the-chopper mission that everyone seems to hate, and that took a bit of time. But it's all good.

 

I hang out at another forum where we have a GTA thread, and for a few years I've tried to get people to form a heist crew. I'm not in to doing heists with randoms, but thought if I could put together a crew we could make it rain, but that proved futile. Managed one Fleeca heist since it's just two players.  When the Cayo update dropped I was just burning out on GTA so I took time away. But I've come back and it's great that there is a lucrative heist I can do solo in Invite.

 

Entry's not too bad. I bought the sub, the Sparrow and the weapons workshop, all on discount so the entry fee was 2.8m. At the casino it told me I'd need a penthouse to access the nightclub to talk to Madrazzo Jr, but I found a side entrance and got in for $150 which saved plenty of cash.  I'll make much of that back in the first go, and there's a 500k log-in bonus too, so it won't take long to make all that back and then it's all profit. Plus I now have a submarine, and you can't put a price on that haha. Plus another helo, and I love flying helicopters in Los Santos. So far this has been just the kick I needed. Thanks for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

 

I didn't go in blind, I read some posts here about it first. For a first go I must say that '15-minute preps' has not been my experience haha, but that will get much faster with subsequent runs of course. I got 'captured' climbing the ladder to the CCTV tower, and I ran out of time searching the Merryweather sub, so had to re-do both of those sections. Not bad. I got the follow-the-chopper mission that everyone seems to hate, and that took a bit of time. But it's all good.

 

I hang out at another forum where we have a GTA thread, and for a few years I've tried to get people to form a heist crew. I'm not in to doing heists with randoms, but thought if I could put together a crew we could make it rain, but that proved futile. Managed one Fleeca heist since it's just two players.  When the Cayo update dropped I was just burning out on GTA so I took time away. But I've come back and it's great that there is a lucrative heist I can do solo in Invite.

 

Entry's not too bad. I bought the sub, the Sparrow and the weapons workshop, all on discount so the entry fee was 2.8m. At the casino it told me I'd need a penthouse to access the nightclub to talk to Madrazzo Jr, but I found a side entrance and got in for $150 which saved plenty of cash.  I'll make much of that back in the first go, and there's a 500k log-in bonus too, so it won't take long to make all that back and then it's all profit. Plus I now have a submarine, and you can't put a price on that haha. Plus another helo, and I love flying helicopters in Los Santos. So far this has been just the kick I needed. Thanks for the help.


Hmmmm… Sound like you had a few little no no but other than that It work out in the end, if you like smokeless6 i have some videos of my cayo heist on how to do the heist silently I can post them on YouTube plus it might give some little tips on how be very sneaky would you like that ??????

Edited by adam4landry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's kind of you to offer, but don't go to any trouble. I'll tackle this heist tonight and if I run in to difficulty some videos would be helpful, but maybe I'll sail right through it. One question I do have is how do I suppress my weapons? I went with Conspirator. Is this an option to pay for when I launch the finale?  I know you've all done it many times, this is my first attempt. Sorry to derail the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

It's kind of you to offer, but don't go to any trouble. I'll tackle this heist tonight and if I run in to difficulty some videos would be helpful, but maybe I'll sail right through it. One question I do have is how do I suppress my weapons? I went with Conspirator. Is this an option to pay for when I launch the finale?  I know you've all done it many times, this is my first attempt. Sorry to derail the thread.


Oh that easy it in the weapon section when you choose the weapons you need to get it at the bottom you have to pay about $5000 I believe to get them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, smokeless6 said:

Thanks gentlemen. Yes, I may have started it too early? I bought the sub and Sparrow on discount so I figured my timing was OK, but I did not spot the statue in intel phase. I'm sure I'll do it again, it's not bad solo, and I gotta make my money back for the sub and other incidentals of course. Appreciate the info.

 

You're off to a good start. After a few heists it just gets easier and Elite runs get common. Watch some videos of elite runs too, you can get a lot of tips from them even if you don't run through it the same way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your very first CP Heist won't be the Panther, iirc, it's fairly scripted as far as item locations go (so you can do the walkthrough where it shows you boltcutters and so on) and will always be the Super Secret Documents in the safe. You will need to setup a new CPH during this week to get the panther locked in.

 

PS I've never paid for suppressors, you can just equip them in the heist setup screen for free unless this has changed.

Edited by Gridl0k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are correct, the first time it's as A4L said, it's the files (was that Trevor?!).

 

I pulled the heist off solo, but I did not, in fact, sail through it. The first dozen tries all failed at some stage, usually by triggering the alarm because I was spotted or more likely failed to kill the target, who dropped still alive, and sirens blaring. Restart from checkpoint.

 

But each time I learned the patrol patterns a little better, worked out a good route through the compound. There was a painting in the office. In the successful run of course things went off-plan. Instead of restarting from a checkpoint I had to start over as real life intervened. But this time instead of exiting the sub close to the drain pipe, I was far up the coast, close to North Dock. That's a very long swim, so I came ashore next to the docks, and grabbed some cash there, which was a mistake, because it filled my duffle so much I couldn't fit the painting later.

 

After clearing the area around the docks I stole a boat and did the drainage tunnel entry as planned.  Raided the office safe and the vault safe and despite having my loot bag 2/3 full I looked to get out of dodge, hoping to finally finish after so many tries. Exited through the gate, and killed the guards along the road, stole a dirt bike and took off through the hills looking for a route to the sea. But I went flying off a hill and crashed in to a tree with the bike up in the branches. Gunned down by Rubio's helo. Checkpoint, and this time I headed straight to the sea. Made it to the water under fire and tried to get deep enough that I was safe, but the helo was overhead and firing the entire time. Took some hits which lowered my take, but with very little health left I made it out.

 

In all I made 1.9m. 1.4m for loot and I guess some first-time bonuses? Transaction log showed two 200k 'refunds' and one 100k refund, or 500k in all, which I guess are the bonuses for doing this the first time? Not sure what that was, but I'll take it. I did start a new heist within the 48 minutes, but left it at the planning stage. Obviously I could have done quite a bit better, but at least the first one is out of the way, and I've made back 3/4 of what I spent to get in to the Cayo game. Thanks for the help and advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

You are correct, the first time it's as A4L said, it's the files (was that Trevor?!).

 

I pulled the heist off solo, but I did not, in fact, sail through it. The first dozen tries all failed at some stage, usually by triggering the alarm because I was spotted or more likely failed to kill the target, who dropped still alive, and sirens blaring. Restart from checkpoint.

 

But each time I learned the patrol patterns a little better, worked out a good route through the compound. There was a painting in the office. In the successful run of course things went off-plan. Instead of restarting from a checkpoint I had to start over as real life intervened. But this time instead of exiting the sub close to the drain pipe, I was far up the coast, close to North Dock. That's a very long swim, so I came ashore next to the docks, and grabbed some cash there, which was a mistake, because it filled my duffle so much I couldn't fit the painting later.

 

After clearing the area around the docks I stole a boat and did the drainage tunnel entry as planned.  Raided the office safe and the vault safe and despite having my loot bag 2/3 full I looked to get out of dodge, hoping to finally finish after so many tries. Exited through the gate, and killed the guards along the road, stole a dirt bike and took off through the hills looking for a route to the sea. But I went flying off a hill and crashed in to a tree with the bike up in the branches. Gunned down by Rubio's helo. Checkpoint, and this time I headed straight to the sea. Made it to the water under fire and tried to get deep enough that I was safe, but the helo was overhead and firing the entire time. Took some hits which lowered my take, but with very little health left I made it out.

 

In all I made 1.9m. 1.4m for loot and I guess some first-time bonuses? Transaction log showed two 200k 'refunds' and one 100k refund, or 500k in all, which I guess are the bonuses for doing this the first time? Not sure what that was, but I'll take it. I did start a new heist within the 48 minutes, but left it at the planning stage. Obviously I could have done quite a bit better, but at least the first one is out of the way, and I've made back 3/4 of what I spent to get in to the Cayo game. Thanks for the help and advice.


Well sound like you are happy with the outcome and don’t worry after you done the heist a couple of times it will get easier trust me if you ever need more advice don’t be afraid to ask me and the other members would be happy to help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am, what's not to like? This is a ticket to mad stacks, innit?  No need to form a crew or depend on randoms, no starting over because someone else screwed up (got that covered myself). Having done it once it will all be streamlined for subsequent attempts. And I should be able to do better filling my lootsack. I guess cash is the lowest priority eh? I should have a shot at the panther now too, back on topic. And I guess I can sticky bomb the chopper on my way out? That would be nice.

 

That was the only part I didn't like. Having successfully stealthed my way through, to then have it all go crazy as Rubio gets wise and launches the helo is such a Rockstar move. But yeah, I will work this heist in to the regular rotation and my bank account will be grateful. Plus I get a new helicopter out of the deal and I used some of the take to mount missiles on it. One more go of it and everything's paid for and then some. Cayo Perico is heaven-sent for solo players.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

Having successfully stealthed my way through, to then have it all go crazy as Rubio gets wise and launches the helo is such a Rockstar move.

 

I'm in the ocean and halfway to the exit before he starts flying (in the wrong direction). Take the bike, go west, swim for deep water.

 

PS yeah cash is weak, coke is best payout for solo (half a bag per stash). So you can do one painting and one coke.

Edited by Gridl0k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gridl0k said:

 

I'm in the ocean and halfway to the exit before he starts flying (in the wrong direction).

 

Is this how it went the first time you did the heist?

 

I suspect that I can execute a better plan, having done it. And each time I should sharpen it up even more. Is west to the right or left after leaving by the gate? I went right toward the Kosatka. What do you guys think is the optimal route after taking the dirt bike at the guardhouse? Can you lose the helo without damaging it? Like if I wanted to head to the airport to fill my duffle bag does the helicopter stick with you or can you shake it loose?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There a lot of ways to do the heist like how to enter the island and exit the island, plus there are a lot of goodies that can help you in the heist like some guard uniform you can move around more freely without getting caught (well almost never get caught) well that is just a exemple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, smokeless6 said:

And I guess I can sticky bomb the chopper on my way out? That would be nice.

 

Yes. The chopper cant be blown up, but you can put bombs on it and then blow them up once El Rubio is in the air.

 

2 hours ago, smokeless6 said:

Like if I wanted to head to the airport to fill my duffle bag does the helicopter stick with you or can you shake it loose?

 

As long as you are undetected it will just fly around the island searching for you. I dont know if blowing up the sticky bombs sounds the alarm, 99% of the time I just go left with the dirtbike after exiting the compound and swim away having filled my loot bags before the main target.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, adam4landry said:

There a lot of ways to do the heist like how to enter the island and exit the island, plus there are a lot of goodies that can help you in the heist like some guard uniform you can move around more freely without getting caught (well almost never get caught) well that is just a exemple.

 

Yes to this. Grab a guard outfit and grappling hook if you can. The hook gives you other (easier) options to get out of the compound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Taterman said:

 

Yes to this. Grab a guard outfit and grappling hook if you can. The hook gives you other (easier) options to get out of the compound.


There also the guard truck and the sides doors that also helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to put a bookend on it, my second heist run did indeed have the panther statue. So if there's anyone left like me who had not done the Cayo heist, the first go will be Madrazzo's files, but after that the usual loot options are all in play. I did the hard mode version for the second run because why not. Cleared about 2.5 million, so that's 4.4m over the two runs which paid for the Kosatka, the Sparrow, the Avisa, the weapons workshop and all the incidentals with money left over.  Now I'm going to do it again to cover an auto shop. Good stuff!

Edited by smokeless6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.