3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

R.I.P HalfOfAKebab (Lewis) 1998-2021

Rhoda

It has come to our attention that @HalfOfAKebab (Lewis) unfortunately passed away in his sleep between the evening of November 11th and the morning of November 12th. The name will no doubt ring bells amongst the GTA Online community, as Lewis was seen to be consistently helpful, patient and receptive. Despite his absence as of late, the name is still a familiar sight for those that browsed GTAForums during the release of many updates, most notably The Doomsday Heist, offering support, answering questions and generally contributing in a way that makes us proud to have had such a member for a relatively short time. We learned of this news via an update from a project he was involved in, the Minecraft Omniarchive, which was dedicated to preserving all updates of the game. The news of his passing is as sad as it is unexpected.

He will be sorely missed and our thoughts here at GTANet are with his friends and family.

This is so sad to hear, for someone so young as well. From reading his bio, he loved helping people in the gaming space. My condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Lewis.

• Like 6

fib_ufo_small.png

RedDagger

Dude was active in quite a few communities, I personally saw him a bit in our little CoD speedrunning community - was a WaW runner and mod on speedrun.com, and he kicked around GTA speedrunning a fair bit as well; was chill as all hell and it was awful hearing this. RIP.

• Like 8

gwZr6Zc.png

Honestly, my initial post didn't do it justice. He was involved in so much, so proactive in such a short space of time. 23 is far too young regardless of the circumstance.

• Like 3

Spider-Vice

It's absolutely heart wrenching especially when you think how old he was, younger than most of us here including me, and how much he still probably had ahead of him. His contributions around the gaming space were enormous and noticed, he was involved in speedrunning communities, game preservation communities (Omniarchive), ran one of the massive livestream-related subreddits (/r/livestreamfails), was a big name in the Runescape community, and of course he was also remembered for his contributions in the GTA Online community, both in and outside GTAForums.

Rest in peace, Lewis.

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

13 minutes ago, RedDagger said:

Dude was active in quite a few communities, I personally saw him a bit in our little CoD speedrunning community - was a WaW runner and mod on speedrun.com, and he kicked around GTA speedrunning a fair bit as well; was chill as all hell and it was awful hearing this. RIP.

OH NO! I knew it, I knew I knew this guy. The name was so familiar. God damn, I'm so sorry to hear this!

Rest in Peace. He was such a nice guy. At the time I was a moderator for CoD WaW and he asked me to help him with timing his runs and such

Damn, the dude always helped spread the message back in the day and was another who spoke up about the positives of software preservation. It's a shame to hear but also makes me wonder about who else over the years has passed on but the communities never found out. :(

TheGodDamnMaster

He was so young. Incredibly tragic. May he have a peaceful rest.

• Like 4

gFNsyFepSNK2dgwT5xpc_nintendo-games-gif_

Intel Core i9-9900k | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
MSI GeForce RTX2070 | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower | MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Name rings a bell, despite the fact I avoid the GTA Online section. It sucks to see people so young and so dedicated dying. He was two years younger than my little brother, ffs.

RIP

• Like 1
And no one sings me lullabies, and no one makes me close my eyes.

CslLPae.png

So I throw the windows wide, and call to you across the sky.

Hi, I just made an account for this post. I hope that's okay.

I am (was) Lewis' friend and housemate, this post was linked onto the OmniArchive discord server that I am in. I knew of his involvement in gaming communities but he was very humble about the importance he had to so many people online. After his passing, I've seen an outpour of love and support from the people who knew him IRL or on Minecraft communities, Reddit, Twitch and now the GTA forums. Thank you for making this post in remembrance of my best friend, he was one of the smartest and kindest people I ever got the chance to meet. I am happy to know that he will be remembered far and wide.

Of course. Thanks for your words, he seemed to be a great and dedicated person indeed. I'm very sorry for your loss.

• Like 3

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

5 hours ago, HappyHap said:

Hi, I just made an account for this post. I hope that's okay.

I am (was) Lewis' friend and housemate, this post was linked onto the OmniArchive discord server that I am in. I knew of his involvement in gaming communities but he was very humble about the importance he had to so many people online. After his passing, I've seen an outpour of love and support from the people who knew him IRL or on Minecraft communities, Reddit, Twitch and now the GTA forums. Thank you for making this post in remembrance of my best friend, he was one of the smartest and kindest people I ever got the chance to meet. I am happy to know that he will be remembered far and wide.

Thanks for joining to post this. Our best wishes go to you and everyone who knew him personally, he sounded like a great lad, you must have a lot of great memories of him and you can feel the impact his presence must have had in each community he was part of.

fib_ufo_small.png

My condolences to his family, friends and everyone else that knew him. It's sad and tragic to die so young, when your life didn't even start properly, and here we are now without one of the most decent and helpful members of the forum, it's a big loss for all.

• Like 2

dont-stop-the-count-2021-yardies-gfx.png