1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

A first trailer question. Would you rather...

esbe

So, IF GTA VI were to have two major cities in it, how would you prefer that news to be broken? 

Trailer 1 having equal amount of time given to each city?

Trailer 1 focusing on one city until right near the end where the bomb is dropped by maybe a character saying something or we get a slight glimpse and it builds the anticipation for trailer 2?

Trailer 1 makes no mention of a second city and then trailer 2 focuses primarily on a second city that we weren't expecting and suddenly we start viewing things in a very different way in terms of the scope of the game?

Or, indeed, any other option you care to mention :)

[ With the report about a smaller map at first to reduce crunch I suspect it's a moot point to be discussing this at all, but, hey, we can dream! ] 

The_Ghost

I want the RDR2 treatment where New Austin wasn't mentioned or shown at all until very late into the marketing cycle, it created a big surprise back then.

With that said, I do hope they don't treat it the same way from a design standpoint lol New Austin is a little empty compared to the rest of the game.

• Like 2

MrBreak16

I hope they do something similar to RDR2 where the first trailer mostly showed the game world and the environments and then the other trailers showed more about the characters and the story.

Edited by MrBreak16
  • Like 2

Things are always a lot more loved and appreciated, when they turn out to be much, much better than you initially thought it would be. So having as many surprises as possible is a very good thing.

Middle Class Roadman

A 10 minute gameplay trailer is the only thing I'll accept at this point. 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

60017 Silver Fox

Option two would be my pick. Having city 1 be the main focus and ending with city 2 briefly being shown either via clever camera positioning, a flypast or the main character driving past a "Welcome to B city" sign. It could possibly pull off one of those WWII/Dads Army intro where you see the main map top-down with something moving (showing off the scale of the next generation game) but that sounds more like a GTAO II sort of trailer.

That or they could keep it hush hush so when we buy the game and eventually play it, we get greeted with a big surprise.

15 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

Things are always a lot more loved and appreciated, when they turn out to be much, much better than you initially thought it would be. So having as many surprises as possible is a very good thing.

14 hours ago, 60017 Silver Fox said:

Option two would be my pick. Having city 1 be the main focus and ending with city 2 briefly being shown either via clever camera positioning, a flypast or the main character driving past a "Welcome to B city" sign. It could possibly pull off one of those WWII/Dads Army intro where you see the main map top-down with something moving (showing off the scale of the next generation game) but that sounds more like a GTAO II sort of trailer.

That or they could keep it hush hush so when we buy the game and eventually play it, we get greeted with a big surprise.

I think this is where I'm at too. I wouldn't want to know everything at the start or from the first trailer. Something that hints towards more and then builds the anticipation for when/what/how we'll learn more about that is part of the fun. There'd be potential to be very clever with it. 

DexMacLeod

I'd like a character driven teaser as an announcement trailer, a more story driven trailer to announce the delay, and some gameplay videos leading up to release. If a second city has some sort of effect on character, story, or gameplay, than it's existence should be brought up in those trailers. If not, I don't really think it needs to be brought up in trailers at all.

An open world games map size isn't the selling point it used to be.

i think with the first trailer just show one big city. and maybe one small city like sandy shores. i remember when they showed the liquor store in gta 5s first trailer. i saw some people speculate that it was near las venturas. so showing off a small country town could be neat. then trailer 2 could reveal a second city. but then keep the details of the city at a minimum. so people can guess and speculate about what it will be like.