4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

New Patch, same bugs

Justanotheruser

Justanotheruser

They focused solely on saying they got a patch out, not actually focusing on what was broken and what to fix. I've been stuck on the Gun Runner mission for a week now due to the crates not being breakable (no, I'm not resorting to mods, this shouldn't be my problem to fix) and OF COURSE no fix for it; oh but they fixed the (new, and already broken) GPS, don't worry about that, as if in this small map we need a GPS to tell us where to go. Okay, that's just one bug, sure I can't pass the mission, do anything else or even finish the game, but that's just one bug, right? Nope.. They said they fixed the Hit Rate UI in the mission too, wrong. It still has its bugs according to videos I've seen and friends' explanations. 

This SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE. Rockstar is treading on thin ice at this point. I wanted to jokingly hold onto the game and not refund just to see how long it'll take to fix this bug, but in reality I wasn't expecting it to be a surviving issue AFTER 2 PATCHES. THIS IS A GAMEBREAKING BUG, NOT A RADIO ISSUE, A UI ISSUE, A PED ISSUE, A GAMEBREAKING BUG THAT WON'T LET YOU PROGRESS FURTHER IN THE STORY. 

Then you have dozens, if not, hundreds, of other bugs still in the game. But don't worry, they take the game off the market and practically steal our money for 2 days as they get rid of music THEY COULDN'T BOTHER TO LICENSE.

Justanotheruser

Oh and a little tip for everyone. Since I’ve seen people look here for new cheats and money workarounds, do the Cone Crazy side mission, BUT LOOK UP HOW TO DO IT FIRST, DONT THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN THE PROS. You can do them at any point in the game, including the very beginning before anything else. I just didn’t think a whole post was worth that,

and rip my old account that I forgot my password to lol

ThePlake0815

Have you tried the two tips from the gta wikia?

• For some reason, if the Walton explodes with the crate, it still falls off and breaks normally.
  • It's possible for Tommy to snipe through the glass and not hit the driver but instead the crate, which breaks it and drops the weapon.

Justanotheruser

I have not in fact tried the second method until you said anything. The Walton exploding with the crates is still buggy and will have them float in the air (at least it does half the time for me)

The sniping method I am going to keep trying but i've gotten run over twice now and the driver drove away frantically once. 

But thats probably me just being bad at games, like usual lol. 

Thank you!

Hopefully they'll fix the mission so everyone can enjoy it normally, but thanks for the tips!!!

• Like 1

Streifenkarl

In the amount of time you've invested into these postings you could've copied the fix for that mission into your game folder a hundered times and you would be good to go. Not that i don't understand your point of view. I get it. Why should you fix things that are not yours to fix? That's correct, but in that case: iirc this is the only mission in the DE of VC that has a game breaking bug and you could just fix that for yourself in 15 seconds.

Other than that: The games should never have been released in this state in the first place.

• Like 2

Justanotheruser
On 11/25/2021 at 5:53 PM, Streifenkarl said:

In the amount of time you've invested into these postings you could've copied the fix for that mission into your game folder a hundered times and you would be good to go. Not that i don't understand your point of view. I get it. Why should you fix things that are not yours to fix?

Yea thats my point. Its like being on strike, obviously not to scale, but the same concept. I could go back in, make money and work in bad conditions and maybe if i fixed things up for myself it'd be better, but the overall experience mixed with the terrible moments make it hell, why not go and get another job or something? 

I think if a random modder can go out and fix something within 2 days of buggy game releases, and the buyers of the game can go out and download the mod and fix it in 15 seconds, why does a multi-billion dollar company take literal weeks, still waiting at this point, to fix it themselves. 

Yea I could go and fix it, but thats not our job, our job is to enjoy the game