1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

It's time to do something about MK2s, let's collectively participate in what I call 'oppwessor season'

GrmReapersCreed

GrmReapersCreed

I have a plan to get rid of them. I think it would be helpful if we all adopt and spread a philosophy where we make the game indiscriminately toxic for ANY and ALL players that use a mk2.

Here are some strats:

1) 'fully loaded' - the ruiner 2000 is effectively explosive proof and it has a super homing launcher. Just target all the MK2s in the session for 15 minutes of pure satisfaction

2) avenger - just bait them, fly up, enter the turret, wait for them, shoot them, then kill them a few dozen times

3) pyro - I don't have one, but Ive heard good things

4) mk2 (obviously) - but griefing them without using this will hurt more I think

5) MOC cab- equip a mk2 revolver, and just try to shoot them while they line up the bike, and also drive at them so they may accidentally explode themselves. They should at least use up all their rockets, try to get them when they get a new bike. Use this at long range with a revolver once they're on foot as it's a good griefing strategy.

Once they're out of the mk2, kill them and don't stop. Be as cheap as possible, they don't get to complain--- they literally point a bike at you and press LB, it's god mode with an instakill button, who cares what they think. I love PvP, they're not PvPers, they're trolls. Let oppwessor season begin. Hopefully this will make a difference, I think it will, I like to think there's a reason you don't find jet griefers anymore.

More anti-oppressor strats are appreciated

Oh, if you disagree and enjoy using your oppressor MK2, then enjoy the good, honest PvP

• KEKW 3

lnterloper

Jesus another Opressor MK II topic, Yes that thing is annoying, way too convenient but this have been talked to exhaustion, It could get some Nerfs? Yes. It will make harder for newbie PvP players to get cheap kills? Yes. Remember that anything in the hands of a competent player can get annoying.

So you are suggesting "griefing" the potential "griefers" (that can be simple Oppressor users/grinders) to punish them for their potential crimes, well that sounds a lot like "griefing".

The "strats" that in reality is just a bunch of common sense:

1) Fully loaded is inherently unbalanced and cheaper than an Oppressor since you are mindlessly Mouse2 click people to death, that can't even have the same stuff you have, people on foot will obliterate you with bst miniguns, and Hydras will eat you for breakfast, off course, all of this if you are fighting competent people, if the competent people want to cheap out, they can get far enough from where the collisions don't load proper, they can snipe you from your fortress with thermal.

2) Avenger can be taken down easily when stationary, all it takes is an off-the-radar well placed Chernobog 1500M away where you can't get him, or some Kosatska guided rockets, smart people will always find a safe way to get around the most common abused vehicle types.

3) Pyros will be shut down by Explosive Sniper shots, or competent pilots in other planes, bonus points for using a B-11 to be extra safe, if you are planning to run forever, the Pyro specialty, people will get fed up and straight Orbital Shot you.

4) Rule of balance of anything, is that almost everything counters itself, Hydras dogfighting Lasers, Snipers sniping Snipers and MK II's into bait Chaff and Hide minigames.

5) Moc Cab will be destroyed by jets, baited into traps with off-the-radar tanks waiting for them, bonus points if you have a Hauler Custom that have no way of throwing out sticky bombs and is HARD COUNTERED by the Flak Cannon anti-air or the Weaponized Tampa or the Speedo Custom, with the later two being able to easily shoot you out of your cabin.

Talking about there is no more Jet players because of Oppressors is also a fallacy, since the match Oppressor vs Jet is basically hours of flying in circles with both having a hard time to hit each other, just like Thrusters vs Oppressors.

You don't see a lot of Jet players because of the time needed to mature skills that go against any flight simulator logic like 90 degree divebombings, to explore people on foot inability to Aim 90 degrees upwards to counter them; the real Jet killer is the explosive ammo on the Heavy Sniper, but even that can be dealt with new approaches like divebombing with Starling Rockets to explore the smaller profile, or using the B-11 barrages and extra tankiness.

To answer this, I go back to what I said before the Oppressor is way too convenient and you will see it way more because of that.

Edited by lnterloper
  • Like 2

Black-Dragon96
27 minutes ago, GrmReapersCreed said:

indiscriminately toxic for ANY and ALL players that use a mk2.

Nah, that would make the hunters just as toxic as the hunted.

They will come after me or somebody else sooner or later so no need to rush and making myself look like an a$$hole.

For tactics:

1. Get Stromberged: Drive towards them head on at max speed. Fire 2 missiles as soon as you hear a lock. They will also fire on you but if do it correctly you will be to fast for the missile to hit you head on. It will need to turn and due to the space required to turn hit the ground behind you. Your own missile will fly upwards with plenty of space to turn and hit the broomstick.

2. Special delivery: Stand somewhere nice and open to draw them in. Since you are on foot they cant lock on, so they need to dive down. Once they are close throw a sticky bomb towards them and blow them up mid air.

3. Peace through supperior firepower:

Grab a Lazer or Hydra and blow them out of the sky. You can circle them until they run out of missiles but I prefer to hit them quick and hard from below, above or behind.

4. 20.000 miles under the sea:

Do as Comrade Pawel says. Blow them out of the sky with the kosatka missiles. If you are on PC they will surely call you a modder. But hey thats just a nice juicy hatemail bonus.

Bella Odessa

Please don't blow my MK2 ass out of the sky; I'm a friendly lol

3 minutes ago, Bella Odessa said:

Please don't blow my MK2 ass out of the sky; I'm a friendly lol

I will hunt you down.   😅

• KEKW 3

Lupo-Akane

Killing them all won't do a dang thing, cause R* will end up nerfing everything but them in the end.

Them flying dildos are shark card sellers so they won't touch them but they sure as hell will nerf half the sh*t you listed when them dickweeds that fly them start crying. 

Shiloh Comes

I love my Mk2. I's my flying taxi and has made me many hundreds of millions of dollars way faster than I could without it. It's never shot a missile at another player.

Why would you take that away from me?

Have you considered using it in Invite Only as the best business accessory you could ever own, rather than pretending GTA is Battlefield in Public?

Big Molio

They aren't that hard to counter. I don't know why people get in such a twist about them.

secrecy274
2 hours ago, Big Molio said:

They aren't that hard to counter. I don't know why people get in such a twist about them.

Compared to anything else (except for thermal-jets from above), yes they are, nothing even comes close.

Yes, we have all taken down noobs flying them easily enough, but a decently skilled player is so far above them in difficutly it's not even funny. I'm just happy 99% of Oppressor users don't have the brains to use chaff.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Big Molio said:

Its just that you can fight against a "skilled" player and win even if you are a bad player. Means there is just a huge "power" that can be used without having to learn anything. (if you would take a jet (without thermal) you first have to learn how to use the map need orentation or dogfighting etc. and only if you master all the things it needs the jets gets op. The mk2 is op from its nature)

It also outclasses a catagorie (heli), only thing that rly can counter an mk2 is an duo hunter. An that's just not a good game desing.

And the bad part is that its still possible to spam them. Had ppl use the terrobite mk2 after that they got one out of the moc after that they ported to the apartment and got one from there. 

And just a littel thing give a low level an mk2 they will see that they can lock on to evreyone. Most of the time it will not take long untill they just shoot at everyone in vehicles. Just look at what level range most of the mk2 griefers are (mostly between 100-160) 

My point is,it gets used so often bc you can get a lot out of it without having to put any effort in it. Would have been nice if it would just be a transport vehicel so you can get around the map easy, but its just a warmachiene now. 

• Like 3

lnterloper
29 minutes ago, Moewe755 said:

And just a little thing give a low level an mk2 they will see that they can lock on to everyone. Most of the time it will not take long until they just shoot at everyone in vehicles. Just look at what level range most of the mk2 griefers are (mostly between 100-160) 

And that's why I am all in for Rockstar to give us a car part like: Rocket Lock-on Jammer, for 50K any: non-weaponized, non-armored vehicle gets protection from being locked on, and if you want to kill someone in a regular car just free aim rockets at him like he have to free aim his weapons at you back, you give them a fighting back chance, waste some rockets in the process depending on your skill level, and this lowers the overall brain dead player productivity at killing random people with a click.

• Like 3

Lonely-Martin

For those that use their's in peace to grind, I don't mean you guys.

But why give attention seekers the attention they want? They don't care how, the just want to waste your time. I don't get it.

I'll stick to my invite lobbies and just play my game, thank you. :D

Thomas The Dank Engine

I give you 3 tips to avoid the Mk2:

Tip 1. Buy the Toreador.

Tip 2. Buy the Toreador.

Tip 3. Buy the Toreador.

ChiroVette
5 hours ago, Shiloh Comes said:

I love my Mk2. I's my flying taxi and has made me many hundreds of millions of dollars way faster than I could without it. It's never shot a missile at another player.

Why would you take that away from me?

Have you considered using it in Invite Only as the best business accessory you could ever own, rather than pretending GTA is Battlefield in Public?

I'm with you, I LOVE the MK2. Then again, I am not a griefer or tryhard. I leave people alone, and if anything, I try to help anyone who needs it whenever I can. The problem with the Oppressor, in my opinion, is not the vehicle but many of the toxic players that use it.

• Like 2

Take away their food source. Invite Only sessions people. Work smarter not harder.

Fish_head

I actually find the lazer straffers more annoying than the mk2s of late

I feel for those that have to grind buisnesses these days. 

• Like 2

Nutduster

The thing never should have been added in the first place and I'd be delighted if they just removed it and made people fight and grind with cars, helicopters, and planes again. But they're not going to remove it or nerf it, so either get with the program or stop playing this game. It's about that simple. As far as this proposal is concerned... meh. You're never going to mobilize enough of the player base to make any kind of impression on Mk II griefers. It's pointless to try, and you'll irritate a lot of people who are just going about their business. I don't know why you'd want to be part of the problem without even a sliver of a chance of fixing it.

I will say though that if there are Mk II buttholes in my session, I have go-to counter strategies that piss them off no end. First I start in a Toreador, which they never seem to expect (no designated radar blip for it helps a lot), and nets me usually a few kills unless they really know what they are doing. If they figure that out, I start Fully Loaded which will absolutely force them to change tactics, or just get mowed down again and again. And against the truly elite buttholes who are smart enough to stay high, avoid lock-on, and can free aim missiles, I will sometimes set up under a bridge, wait for them to try to free aim a shot at me, and use the explosive sniper to pick them out of the sky. A true delight.

Bottom line: if you see someone being an ass, make them regret it. Otherwise, you're wasting your energy.

9 hours ago, lnterloper said:

1) Fully loaded is inherently unbalanced and cheaper than an Oppressor since you are mindlessly Mouse2 click people to death, that can't even have the same stuff you have, people on foot will obliterate you with bst miniguns, and Hydras will eat you for breakfast, off course, all of this if you are fighting competent people, if the competent people want to cheap out, they can get far enough from where the collisions don't load proper, they can snipe you from your fortress with thermal.

The Oppressor is worse than Fully Loaded. It flies, for one thing, where the Ruiner is just a slow muscle car. And the Mk II can be summoned at will at any time; Fully Loaded has a finite duration and a long cooldown.

As for the rest, if you're getting killed by any of that, you're not very good at Fully Loaded.

• Like 4

Gunbladelad

I find the best way to handle the oppressors is to simply do a Haulage run with an MOC cab (make sure you go for the normal phantom as this looks like a normal truck cab) - this will attract every idiotic Mk2 griefer in the lobby - especially if you don't drive at full speed (they'll think they're hitting the trailer and not what looks like a normal truck) - allowing you plenty of chances to eliminate them.   If they're smarter than the average griefer, they'll switch to a jet - or land ahead of you and try to shoot you out of the cab.  If they do the latter, just detach the trailer, turn around and reverse up to them to kill them and destroy their oppressor, then go collect the trailer and continue on.  If they grab a jet - then you're up the creek without a paddle unless you find a tunnel to hide in.

MOC / Haulage runs are something I do most days.  They actually only started out as a way for me to see if a lobby was safe to sell in - then I found that I enjoy making would=be griefers suffer by doing what I can to stack the odds in my favour.  (Griefers will tend to win if they get to pick where they attack you - but if you force them into fighting on your terms, they'll be at a disadvantage - just remember though, odds are they've killed far more players than you, so will be familiar with most common tricks.)

Marciliojunior01
1 hour ago, Fish_head said:

100% this, unless you have explosive sniper there is no way to kill people in jets. im not protokille i cant shoot them out godammit. 

an upgraded nightshark can tank a full load of oppressor mk2 missiles (unless you have more then one going after you then your doomed).

and i also hate oppressor mk2's.

r* should remove them or remove their offensive abilities.

God-eater

Well, this is cetainly this first time anyone has suggested anything like this. 😒

Just kidding. But here's why it won't work:

1. The forum community is a tiny fraction of the playerbase. There are maybe a couple thousand of us, including guests and lurkers. There are millions of Op Mk II owners. Even if every last one of us mobilized behind this cause, we'd never make a dent. 

2. Most, if not all, Skillbike griefers will simply change sessions as soon as they face any opposition. While it could be argued that this achieves the goal of getting them out of your session, it won't change the behavior of the Skillbike griefers at all; they literally just go terrorize someone else.

3. Skillbikes are not the only cheap, sh*tty griefing method in the game; are we to declare war on all of them?

4. There is already a 100% foolproof defence against Skillbikes - Invite Only (also Solo Public for those it's still available to). 

It's a nice idea, but there simply isn't enough of us. The list of counters is useful for the unaware, tho. 

Edited by God-eater

There is no reason to be in anything but an Invite Only session after Cayo Perico and Tuners. I get it, Cayo Perico and Auto Shop jobs get boring and people like the change but doing Free Roam businesses like the Nightclub is a choice now and people have no excuse to complain.

f*ck MkII and Jet griefers, leave them to their Public Lobbies and let them feed off each other.

dragosani00

Akula is great for blowing the little gnats out of the sky. Just come in from a distance so you build up to max speed, come out of stealth and launch missiles & keep flying straight in case you don't get the kill. The Akula can outpace the MK2 and its missiles so this is a pretty safe tactic that works well for me.

Bonus points if you don't get the kill, the stoopid Mk2 jockey will then try and ineffectually chase you all around the map while you pull away. Then head for a hill, go down the other side out of sight so they don't see you banking to the side so as to loop around behind them for another fly past. 😂😂

Mk2 griefers are generally not the brightest stars in the sky when faced with anything other than a no skill kill.

Ghoffman9

Aw sh*t here we go again. I know where this thread is going.

Volatollotalov

I'm sure this has been said hundreds of times before: it's worth giving an honorable mention to the trusty Half Track. It can withstand a full load of MKII rockets, and for the gunner on the back it's only a matter of time before the broomstick brats lose their incredibly limited patience and fly close enough to guarantee their demise.

The HT does seem to have a habit of spontaneously exploding after about 10 minutes of use, but I guess that's just the price you pay to change the power dynamics on the map. Especially if you win the goodwill of other players who see the decent deeds you're trying to do with it. I'm kind of puzzled as to why it isn't more popular.

3 hours ago, Fish_head said:

Honestly, I have to agree with this, jets are more annoying and harder to deal with than MKII's,  while I am pretty good at taking jets down with the boom boom sniper ammo, its not the absolute counter to them like a lot like players make it out to be, its very hit or miss, more so if the player is very good at flying.

Valiant ENT CEO

You cant grief people just because they're flying on a broomstick shooting missiles from their vagina... Just blow the mk2 up and move on. It's a shame how dull the mk2 has made gta online. A game about cars? You can't really use cars? I dont know 😆 

Free mode simps

God-eater
12 minutes ago, gtafan26 said:

Honestly, I have to agree with this, jets are more annoying and harder to deal with than MKII's,  while I am pretty good at taking jets down with the boom boom sniper ammo, its not the absolute counter to them like a lot like players make it out to be, its very hit or miss, more so if the player is very good at flying.

One hit is all it takes. It won't kill the jet, but it will automatically trigger the eject mechanism. At least that's what it looks like to the shooter. 

On a more serious note, the Exp Sniper is best used vs jets that aren't attacking you specifically. If they are, then the inability to shoot straight up is still a huge handicap. 

• Like 1

GeneralDee

I don't understand why there's not servers that can be customized. Like certain vehicles/weapons not allowed in X server etc. Or user made servers with rules like we had for COD 4 back in the days. For example it would be cool to be in a server that only allowed hand guns for example just for a challenge.

Edited by GeneralDee