Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. Bugs*

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

There needs to be a hip hop dlc in GTA online


Booke
 Share

Recommended Posts

HamwithCheese
18 hours ago, Booke said:

Seems like all yall aren't fans of the genre despite playing gta san andreas which is gangsta rap themed

Well this is GTA 5, which is not GTA San Andreas. The whole point of Gta5 is to cover as many niches and interests so that more players will take interest. GTA isn't GTA anymore. It's more like Fortnite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rev. Gnash
16 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

Not at all. Not liking  a certain music genre =/= hating it.

 

The issue is that it's a little over saturated with hip hop and variety is the spice of life. If GTAO had had 60% metal rock I would've been annoyed if people wanted MORE metal rock.

 

Agreed. I love Hip Hop, but other genres of music exists and should have some representation.

 

 

3 hours ago, Xachury said:

Hip hop needs to die, degenerate music.

 

Earth needs to die, degenerate planet.

 

Edited by Rev. Gnash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lonely-Martin

Hip hop isn't my favourite genre, but I generally like all types of music and enjoy trying new stuff. I do like plenty of earlier stuff, but find it's not anywhere near as good as it once was. Maybe it's just me not exploring the genre like I once would.

 

I don't feel we 'need' more hip hop music, I'd not oppose it if it's good (to my ears at least), but as an overall theme of a DLC where (as rumoured) we work for/invest into a record label and do jobs, it could be fun and Dr Dre is one artist I do enjoy of the genre. Be even better if there was a Suge Knight type that we can bitchslap around LS, lol.

 

I prefer dance/trance/electronic/rave/DnB etc so naturally would always enjoy more of that.

 

But I do agree with others, more rock music would be welcomed here too. Be fitting to buy a bar linked to our MC's and have live bands in there along with a pool table to enjoy. I feel that's more 'needed' than either hip hop or dance etc.

 

And San Andreas is my favourite GTA. ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

suicidal_banana

With the whole Dr Dre thing in cayo perico im pretty sure you'll get your wish soon, even though i do kind of agree there's plenty of hip hop already i wouldn't mind a DLC focused on it IF its going to bring some of the 'more classic' hip hop artists i actually like (wich appears to be the case) and not these new autotune and/or facetattoo fools i have zero interest in. Besides Dr Dre i'd really love to see a few different artists with different styles, any of these would be great in their own way:
- 2Pac*
- Notorious B.I.G*

- Snoop Dogg

- Missy Elliott

- Busta Rhymes

- Eminem
- Ludacris
- 50 Cent

* = If R* really wanted too and record labels would be willing, they could totally make models & piece together voice lines based on reference material.

 

---


Slightly off-topic but what i'd actually also love to see is some 'classic' dance/edm folks in some other DLC, give us Fatboy slim, or Chemical Brothers, something like that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LL Cool L

OP talks about owning and running a record label and everyone complains about radio music....ok

 

yh record label DLC would be cool, dont care about the genre but getting involved in the Vinewood music scene, be it pop, rock, hip hop would be sick, the celeb parties, corruption, threats record label wars, artist happiness, award show assignations etc, your actions having an effect on radio DJ chatter...

 

I can see the potential for a good DLC here

 

everyone sh*tting on other people's music taste should be very ashamed......

 

i think they generally messed up the hip hop culture in this game, the clothing aint right, the jewellery is stiff and uninspired the sneakers are horrible, lowriders DLC was very good tho and you can barely do any gang gritty stuff unless u rinse out some gerald missions....the black or (hip hop lol) hairstyles except maybe two are horrendous!! i have made a topic on this very issue, it needs more in a sense the ones added were not done right, replaced? updated maybe? one can hope.

 

then again this is a PS3 game so i can deffo cut it some slack.

 

 

believe it or not there are people that like the things you don't like, what a surprise!!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DrKrankenstein

hip hop is like capitale. annoying, over produced, and effortless.

todays hip hop is junk anyway,autotuned,single bass loop,and a retard screamin his lungs out>look at chu travis

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yellow Dog with Cone

Even when I agree that hip hop has been quite over represented in the most recent updates already, I don't get the hate that said genre as a whole gets on this forum.

 

It's not like a rock or metal station would be any better or anything, cuz let's be real, there ain't no way that R* would pay to license for Metallica or Zeppelin or whatever, there's a reason why the recent radio stations have either underground or up and coming artists alongside more established acts.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DrKrankenstein
13 hours ago, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

Even when I agree that hip hop has been quite over represented in the most recent updates already, I don't get the hate that said genre as a whole gets on this forum.

 

It's not like a rock or metal station would be any better or anything, cuz let's be real, there ain't no way that R* would pay to license for Metallica or Zeppelin or whatever, there's a reason why the recent radio stations have either underground or up and coming artists alongside more established acts.

wich rock and metal station? gta hasn't got any metal, just punk and a  lil of classic rock. zeppelin isn't metal either,thats just folk songs. metallica? too expensive. there are thousands of artists they could pick. yet they follow the same logic as our radio stations today: 10 mediocre songs by bands you've never heard of nor wanted to hear.

 

still slippin was named after their work ethic. a slippery slope down south.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man just give me something other than classic rock or this punk rock bs and rap, I would want to honestly see bands like korn, tool and mudvayne. I mean they wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to license. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MayoChiki
On 11/26/2021 at 12:54 AM, LL Cool L said:

OP talks about owning and running a record label and everyone complains about radio music....ok

 

yh record label DLC would be cool, dont care about the genre but getting involved in the Vinewood music scene, be it pop, rock, hip hop would be sick, the celeb parties, corruption, threats record label wars, artist happiness, award show assignations etc, your actions having an effect on radio DJ chatter...

 

I can see the potential for a good DLC here

 

everyone sh*tting on other people's music taste should be very ashamed......

 

i think they generally messed up the hip hop culture in this game, the clothing aint right, the jewellery is stiff and uninspired the sneakers are horrible, lowriders DLC was very good tho and you can barely do any gang gritty stuff unless u rinse out some gerald missions....the black or (hip hop lol) hairstyles except maybe two are horrendous!! i have made a topic on this very issue, it needs more in a sense the ones added were not done right, replaced? updated maybe? one can hope.

 

then again this is a PS3 game so i can deffo cut it some slack.

 

 

believe it or not there are people that like the things you don't like, what a surprise!!!

 

yeah, and running a night club was also a good idea

the car meet and underground racing scene was also a good idea

lowriders and benny's was also a good idea

 

the problem is that all good ideas die because there is zero interactivity with other players. no one wants to be an associate of some random or a mc enforcer because there's nothing to gain from it, so all businesses end up being run solo unless you have a friend willing to use their time for free. hire npcs and they are more of an issue (auto shop employees trashing cars). another reason is that whatever little interactivity is there ends up becoming a money glitch simply because there's a new blue marker to exploit, which is why we can't sell to another players or form any form of in-game meta economy

 

sure, running our own record label sounds nice, but here's how it goes:

 

* receive message/phone call of some random new douchebag telling you there's a business opportunity and meet them there

* intro cutscene that ends up with you buying one of seven new places, half of which no one will ever use because they're in the middle of nowhere

* buy place and go for the intro cutscene

* new character and another new character are there, tell you business is almost ready but there's some issues about equipment

* play intro mission where you somehow end up in paleto driving a van with your equipment

* cutscene explaining how business works and the world of possibilities that are there (actually just two kind of missions and some random events)

* business is set and it works similar to nightclub, with a popularity bar that controls your daily profits

* missions include classics like recovering stolen equipment, driving a target to a location, defending places and killing competition

* maybe a new set of storyline missions similar to the casino ones (best storyline btw, Agatha is best girl btw)

* whenever you're there you get endless nagging from the npcs that you work for despite being your business ("hey boss, you took care of that thing?")

 

maybe some more, some less but you know that's how it'd go. the problem is that r*ckstar doesn't like to spice things up. they sell a business at a starting point of +5 million that most people never make back anyway because all businesses have the same re-skinned model. there are never new mechanics, it's always "do smaller missions so you can do bigger mission" and net 50k for 10 hours of play

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

El Diablo 702
6 minutes ago, MayoChiki said:

 

yeah, and running a night club was also a good idea

the car meet and underground racing scene was also a good idea

lowriders and benny's was also a good idea

 

the problem is that all good ideas die because there is zero interactivity with other players. no one wants to be an associate of some random or a mc enforcer because there's nothing to gain from it, so all businesses end up being run solo unless you have a friend willing to use their time for free. hire npcs and they are more of an issue (auto shop employees trashing cars). another reason is that whatever little interactivity is there ends up becoming a money glitch simply because there's a new blue marker to exploit, which is why we can't sell to another players or form any form of in-game meta economy

 

sure, running our own record label sounds nice, but here's how it goes:

 

* receive message/phone call of some random new douchebag telling you there's a business opportunity and meet them there

* intro cutscene that ends up with you buying one of seven new places, half of which no one will ever use because they're in the middle of nowhere

* buy place and go for the intro cutscene

* new character and another new character are there, tell you business is almost ready but there's some issues about equipment

* play intro mission where you somehow end up in paleto driving a van with your equipment

* cutscene explaining how business works and the world of possibilities that are there (actually just two kind of missions and some random events)

* business is set and it works similar to nightclub, with a popularity bar that controls your daily profits

* missions include classics like recovering stolen equipment, driving a target to a location, defending places and killing competition

* maybe a new set of storyline missions similar to the casino ones (best storyline btw, Agatha is best girl btw)

* whenever you're there you get endless nagging from the npcs that you work for despite being your business ("hey boss, you took care of that thing?")

 

maybe some more, some less but you know that's how it'd go. the problem is that r*ckstar doesn't like to spice things up. they sell a business at a starting point of +5 million that most people never make back anyway because all businesses have the same re-skinned model. there are never new mechanics, it's always "do smaller missions so you can do bigger mission" and net 50k for 10 hours of play

This is gta business in a simple nutshell, just about every business dlc we have gotten we as players asked for and we’re let down by the sheer lack of options to make running said business even remotely fun.  “Hey let’s sell a warehouse full of coke and use a slow ass mail van to make our delivery in while being hunted by flying dildos with homing rockets in a public lobby, said nobody ever”.  Who here has even touched their Mc businesses, cargo, or promoted the nightclub unless its x2$$ and in a private lobby?   The problem “for me at least” will be the fun will wear off within the first few hours to never be touched again due to having to deal with the majority of the gta player base being a huge pile of douche bags that only play to make others miserable cuz muh kd bruh.  R* knows this and just doesn’t care as long as the cash cards keep selling.  Sadly if the next dlc is running anything in public lobbies the excitement will die off sooner than opening a present containing socks & underwear at Christmas.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yellow Dog with Cone
6 hours ago, DrKrankenstein said:

wich rock and metal station? gta hasn't got any metal, just punk and a  lil of classic rock. zeppelin isn't metal either,thats just folk songs. metallica? too expensive. there are thousands of artists they could pick. yet they follow the same logic as our radio stations today: 10 mediocre songs by bands you've never heard of nor wanted to hear.

Zeppelin are actually considered one of the fathers of heavy metal, alongside bands like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, but I guess that what most people associate with heavy metal are bands from the 80s and onwards.

 

Sure there are many, many bands they could choose from, but let's be honest, they would most likely go with whatever is cheaper to license, which will end up with more underground artists, newer ones or deep cuts from famous bands instead of their hits, which personally I wouldn't mind (I'm all for discovering new music after all) but then people will go "why didn't they put x by y  band???"

 

6 hours ago, DrKrankenstein said:

still slippin was named after their work ethic. a slippery slope down south.

Still Slipping was actually named after the album of the same name by Joy Orbison.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HamwithCheese

R* also likes to pretend to be hip and alternative. Look at the cars and clothes they add. You know whenever they approach these groups they'll be all too eager to have the chance to appear in the biggest game of last decade. 

Edited by HamwithCheese
Why didn't yall tell me I said clothes twice
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mexicola9302

Bottom Line, there is no Hip Hop needed.

 

And i like to be 100% correct. There is enough Hip Hop...

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big Molio

I said a hip hop, the hippie, the hippie dippy

hip hip hoppa ya don't stop the rocking to the bang bang boogie

say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogedy beat

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DrKrankenstein
On 11/27/2021 at 8:03 PM, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

Zeppelin are actually considered one of the fathers of heavy metal, alongside bands like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, but I guess that what most people associate with heavy metal are bands from the 80s and onwards.

 

Sure there are many, many bands they could choose from, but let's be honest, they would most likely go with whatever is cheaper to license, which will end up with more underground artists, newer ones or deep cuts from famous bands instead of their hits, which personally I wouldn't mind (I'm all for discovering new music after all) but then people will go "why didn't they put x by y  band???"

 

Still Slipping was actually named after the album of the same name by Joy Orbison.

zeppelin isn't metal bro.nor is sabbath, or kiss, or deep purple. not even the friggin beatles.

ask any metalhead what they think of those posers,overhyped and mediocre.

 

i knew it was the album of orbison, i just don't care about that. Still slipping exactly decribes what is going on with red dead online, the remaster,and latest dlcs and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DrKrankenstein said:

zeppelin isn't metal bro.nor is sabbath, or kiss, or deep purple. not even the friggin beatles.

ask any metalhead what they think of those posers,overhyped and mediocre.

 

i knew it was the album of orbison, i just don't care about that. Still slipping exactly decribes what is going on with red dead online, the remaster,and latest dlcs and support.

Metal music fan here and I love Zep and Sabbath. Everyone knows that BS is an originator of the genre. First albums were more doom metal than anything though. Most metal bands of my generation started from their love of Sabbath, Kiss, Zepplin, Motörhead and even Queen. Sabbath laid the groundwork for Thrash and Motörhead brought the speed. 
 

Judging by the use of Bro you must be young and into the current “core” bands or something like FFDP. Which is fine, there is good and bad in any genre. Just no need to get all defensive though and trash the old school, which is something the new school is very fond of doing. Most old farts do the opposite though so I guess us dad rock types deserve it to some degree. 
 

Will agree with you 100% that KISS is hot f*cking garbage though. 

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheGhostFromPast

No, no and NO!!! If there will be a a hip hop DLC in GTA online then, most likely, I'll stop playing this game completely because I doubt that I'll be able to play it without something like Ibuprofen.

  

On 11/27/2021 at 12:31 AM, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

Even when I agree that hip hop has been quite over represented in the most recent updates already, I don't get the hate that said genre as a whole gets on this forum.

 

 

It's not like I hate hip hop songs. There are some good songs which I like. In my case the problem is that R* already has managed to add in the game mostly the worst hip hop songs on this planet. I don't want more crappy hip hop songs.

Edited by TheGhostFromPast
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ElGrandoSmokio69
On 11/23/2021 at 4:15 AM, lnterloper said:

Almost every station have hip-hop on, we have even a "mumble rap" dedicated radio station, we have Escalades, Dub wheels, Hip-hop fashion, Low Riders that where added in multiple updates, Corncrow hairs and Afros, we have "blings" to wear, all types of Jerseys you can imagine, we even have Jerseys to hang on our Penthouse walls.

 

Are you sure we don't have enough Hip-hop culture on the game? Maybe having a Lowrider dance contest like in San Andreas would be cool since would give a reason for all the Hydros we have, but do we need more?  

Maaaaann no disrespect but "mumble rap" aint really a thing my dude, it's just a thing old people call modern rap lmao

 

 

18 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

No, no and NO!!! If there will be a a hip hop DLC in GTA online then, most likely, I'll stop playing this game completely because I doubt that I'll be able to play it without something like Ibuprofen.

  

 

It's not like I hate hip hop songs. There are some good songs which I like. In my case the problem is that R*  already has managed to add in the game mostly the worst hip hop songs on this planet. I don't want more crappy hip hop songs.

Define good hiphop, I'm curious to what your definition of what good is, because most of the times y'all who act like this go into modern rap just to sh*t on it and don't try to make an effort to actually try and listen to it

Edited by ElGrandoSmokio69
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ElGrandoSmokio69 said:

Maaaaann no disrespect but "mumble rap" aint really a thing my dude, it's just a thing old people call modern rap lmao

 

  • KEKW 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheGhostFromPast
3 minutes ago, ElGrandoSmokio69 said:

Maaaaann no disrespect but "mumble rap" aint really a thing my dude, it's just a thing old people call modern rap lmao

 

 

Define good hiphop, I'm curious to what your definition of what good is, because most of the times y'all who act like this go into modern rap just to sh*t on it and don't try to make an effort to actually try and listen to it

 

Something that doesn't sound like a cacophony.

 

Do I really need to explain that everybody has their own musical taste? 🙄  Besides, if someone will make a song which sounds more like a cacophony than a song, then don't expect me to say something nice about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ElGrandoSmokio69
Just now, TheGhostFromPast said:

 

Something that doesn't sound like a cacophony.

 

Do I really need to explain that everybody has their own musical taste? 🙄  Besides, if someone will make a song which sounds more like a cacophony than a song, then don't expect me to say something nice about it.

Nah I get people have different opinions, it's just that most people on this forum just endlessly bash it since 2007, and from what I see, most of them are just rock and metal fans who are too ignorant to try and listen to it, and just go sharing their hate to everyone

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yellow Dog with Cone
6 hours ago, DrKrankenstein said:

zeppelin isn't metal bro.nor is sabbath, or kiss, or deep purple. not even the friggin beatles.

ask any metalhead what they think of those posers,overhyped and mediocre.

Any metalhead worth their salt would actually acknowledge Zeppelin, Sabbath and Deep Purple as the godfathers of Heavy Metal, hell, the first use of said phrase was in "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf in 1968.

 

And sure, The Beatles ain't Metal by any means, but you can't deny that songs like "Revolution", "She's So Heavy" and specially "Helter Skelter" had a heavy and distorted sounds that paved the way to genres like Metal and Punk.

 

Hell, the entire foundation of Heavy Metal as a genre lies in Blues and Psychedelic Rock, so if anything, any metalhead that can't appreciate the sheer influence those bands have not only in Metal but in music as a whole, that's the real poser.

 

2 hours ago, dieseltech20 said:

Will agree with you 100% that KISS is hot f*cking garbage though. 

I actually, unironically like KISS tho 😔

 

But then again, I also unironically like U2 too so idk really 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ElGrandoSmokio69 said:

Nah I get people have different opinions, it's just that most people on this forum just endlessly bash it since 2007, and from what I see, most of them are just rock and metal fans who are too ignorant to try and listen to it, and just go sharing their hate to everyone

 

Everyone here agrees that everyone will always have different tastes, but, there are some things that are universally of good taste and some others that don't. I read some time ago in a scientific article that our brain works in patterns, and that the pleasure associated with music comes from the brain trying to predict the patterns, and if predicted right, you receive small amounts of dopamine, so there is always going to be patterns that fit better, more brain structures. 

 

The argument here, for me at least, is not if Hip-hop is good or bad; but if it is over represented or not in the game. Also saying, "hey old man" you don't know about Hip-hop, is not a real argument since, I grew in the 90's and I saw: Hip-hop, Trip-Hop, Drum n'bass, Grunge, Shoegaze and many other genres being born, so being an old man is not a real problem for understanding what each genre is trying to do in a musical sense.

 

 

Let's look at Tricky - For Real; Solid lyrics, solid rhythm, melodic rich with a cool Sitar base; the Lyrics are about how Hip-hop artists like to be "gangsta", while he want to sing and rhyme and make his living while having realistic expectations from the music world. 

Edited by lnterloper
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheGhostFromPast
Just now, ElGrandoSmokio69 said:

Nah I get people have different opinions, it's just that most people on this forum just endlessly bash it since 2007, and from what I see, most of them are just rock and metal fans who are too ignorant to try and listen to it, and just go sharing their hate to everyone

 

It is wrong to hate something just because the majority hates it, but I can understand why people hate song which sounds more like a meaningless noise than a song.  

 

Honestly, this doesn't happen only with hip hop. It also happens with other stuff like TV shows. Some people haven't seen certain TV shows, yet it doesn't stop them from spreading their hate towards them.

 

And I'm pretty sure that the same also happens with rock and metal music. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no way in hell the Beatles would license out ANY music for Grand Theft Auto when the brand of the two deceased Beatles was pacifism.

You know what we need more of, that I will admit to liking unironically? Styx. I edited my IV audio meta to get rid of all the TLAD stuff from LRR... except Renegade.

 

The issue with GTAO and their whole Radio Bloat Issue right now is that Kult and Slippin tried to mimic Blonded Los Santos with a "mix" of genres, but failed utterly, while Blonded strung their songs together like it was art. Kult has like, Rock And Roll by the Velvet Underground and Adults are Talking from the Strokes, and thats just about the only two bearable songs on there. I cant name a THING from Slippin.

What Twisters said, we need a DEDICATED Disco station. Or additions to existing radios. Finally license out Everybody Wants To Rule The World for Nonstop Pop! It has actual parallels with the storyline lore! That humongous, god forsaken wheel... Gives me nightmares.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BrynnaDaRosa said:

There's no way in hell the Beatles would license out ANY music for Grand Theft Auto when the brand of the two deceased Beatles was pacifism.

You know what we need more of, that I will admit to liking unironically? Styx. I edited my IV audio meta to get rid of all the TLAD stuff from LRR... except Renegade.

 

The beatles don't own the beatles, everything in the Capitalistic world is for sale if the price is right; a little bit of a trivia, Michael Jackson Bought the Publishing Rights to the Beatles' Song Catalog at the Advice of Paul McCartney in 1985. So in theory the heir or label that owns both Michael Jackson and the Beatles song catalog, can license these to {insert ridiculous example full of violence}, if they want, and IF the price is right, independent of philosophy or ethics.

Edited by lnterloper
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yellow Dog with Cone said:

Any metalhead worth their salt would actually acknowledge Zeppelin, Sabbath and Deep Purple as the godfathers of Heavy Metal, hell, the first use of said phrase was in "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf in 1968.

 

And sure, The Beatles ain't Metal by any means, but you can't deny that songs like "Revolution", "She's So Heavy" and specially "Helter Skelter" had a heavy and distorted sounds that paved the way to genres like Metal and Punk.

 

Hell, the entire foundation of Heavy Metal as a genre lies in Blues and Psychedelic Rock, so if anything, any metalhead that can't appreciate the sheer influence those bands have not only in Metal but in music as a whole, that's the real poser.

 

I actually, unironically like KISS tho 😔

 

But then again, I also unironically like U2 too so idk really 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, they are hard core trolling.  No one is calling Tony Iommi or Geezer Butler a Poser, even if they don't like Sabbath.  Ronnie James Dio, yeah such a poser. John Bonham was one of the greatest and most influential drummers in music. Too many folks think Heavy Metal means chugga chugga chugga riffs and and growling and screaming. While I also enjoy that style I could never limit myself to just one genre of music. 

 

Nothing wrong with U2. I love their early material  and tons of other stuff from the 80s. Growing up then sort of makes it mandatory. I like a couple of KISS songs but as a whole the band is nothing, TO ME. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lnterloper said:

 

The beatles don't own the beatles, everything in the Capitalistic world is for sale if the price is right; a little bit of a trivia, Michael Jackson Bought the Publishing Rights to the Beatles' Song Catalog at the Advice of Paul McCartney in 1985. So in theory the heir or label that owns both Michael Jackson and the Beatles song catalog, can license these to {insert ridiculous example full of violence}, if they want, and IF the price is right, independent of philosophy or ethics.

 

Yeah. That was years ago. The Beatles were my one entire interest, one entire personality trait from about seven years. That part of the song catalog that Michael bought, that was split in half when Michael sold half to Sony, and then Sony ended up selling half of that half at one point. You're forgetting that the Beatles Catalog back in about 2013 was all finally unified under one owner, of which became themselves. They license these songs out to some big, big commercials, make massive amounts of money by licensing out some of their most famous songs to big blockbusters, *safe* movies, like Minions and sh*t. Certainly not Grand Theft Auto.

 

The most GTA can get is Julian's hack solo music from the 80's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.