1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

There needs to be a hip hop dlc in GTA online

Booke

With hip hop being a big thing in gta with it being a part of the radio ever since the first game and rappers being in the game voicing characters, playing themselves, and hip hop djs hosting radio stations and rappers being guests on the radio. A hip hop dlc should be a thing one day. They could make it to where you could own a record label and sign, drop, and release different artists and they should make it to where you can be a corrupt record label owner like suge knight and have the option to threaten your artists if they won't do anything for you. They should also add  hip hop fashion from 80s-2000s like they could add all the oversized jewelry, Adidas tracksuits, kangol hats, classic Adidas sneakers, bucket hats, that was all worn in the 80s, timberland boots, overalls, tank tops, hoodies, jackets, and sweaters that was worn in the 90s, basketball jerseys, football jerseys, hockey jerseys, and baseball jerseys, a white t shirt under any t shirt you wear except for the white tee itself, doorags, bandanas under hats and beanies, oversized white tees and black tees, wrist and arm bands, new era baseball, basketball, and football hats with the mlb, nba, nfl logos on the back, varsity jackets with all the basketball, baseball football teams on it, long polos, fur coats, track suits, and all the jordans, filas, pumas, nikes that was all worn in the 2000s. they could do so much with this dlc bro

Edited by Booke

CarimboHanky
1 hour ago, Booke said:

They could make it to where you could own a record label and sign, drop, and release different artists and they should make it to where you can be a corrupt record label owner like suge knight and have the option to threaten your artists if they won't do anything for you

add the option where i can get artists killed via drive-by and you got my approval!

jokes aside, i think such dlc will die faster than the car meet 😂 if anything what the game needs is a proper quality of life update, fix and balance stuff, improve what we have already instead of adding more content to try cover up all the broken stuff the game has.

lnterloper

Almost every station have hip-hop on, we have even a "mumble rap" dedicated radio station, we have Escalades, Dub wheels, Hip-hop fashion, Low Riders that where added in multiple updates, Corncrow hairs and Afros, we have "blings" to wear, all types of Jerseys you can imagine, we even have Jerseys to hang on our Penthouse walls.

Are you sure we don't have enough Hip-hop culture on the game? Maybe having a Lowrider dance contest like in San Andreas would be cool since would give a reason for all the Hydros we have, but do we need more?  

Edited by lnterloper

Shiloh Comes

After the reception Gobby Doris and Muppetmann got, that looks less than likely. And Iinterloper is right, if you asked me to name the main themes of this game I'd agree that one has been done to death.

• Like 2

lnterloper

I had this list made with suggestions in another thread for future updates, I will post it here so you can see some different stuff, most of this music are from "intersecting" musical genres that have greater chances of being interesting for more people but less obvious than recommending mainstream stuff.

Dj Shadow - High Noon (Trip-hop / Pursuit theme)

Spoiler

Carpenter Brut - Turbo Killer (This French Synthwave artist will make you feel in a boss fight, if Rockstar ever add a Raidboss in GTA I feel like fighting it with this playing)

Spoiler

Sensations Fix - I Don't Wanna Go (This will need a short explanation, this is a Italian Progressive Rock band doing a transition from it to New Wave it's from 79/80 and it's a mix between both with that Vice City/80's energy to it)

Spoiler

New Order - Turn the Heather on (This is a cover, a dark goth cover of a Reggae song that surpasses the original, made by a legendary band, fast paced that fit many moods)

Spoiler

Lifelike - So Electric (Original Mix) (Electronic music with soul with that 80's energy for cruising)

Spoiler

Peaking Lights - Lo Hi (Another example of not so obvious Reggae like Electronic music that is trippy and can take you to places)

Spoiler

Clan of Xymox - 7th Time (A Dutch Dark Wave Rock band, this track features a groovy bass line with a nice ethereal feel to it)

Spoiler

Glen Check - Concorde (a South Korean indie band, influenced by western music with nice synths and this song is full of energy as a can of Red Bull, I could totally see this playing in Worldwide FM)

Spoiler

DIIV - Sometime (If you think about it, there is not a lot of Indie Rock in the GTA soundtrack, this tracks fits well with driving and all it's energy and catching melody)

Spoiler

Air - Dead Bodies (Give me a good heist with Trevor, Michael and Franklin, put me as a escape driver with this blasting and cops trying to hit me please)

Spoiler

Severed Heads - Dead Eyes Opened (Joakim Edit) (This 80's band from down under made this synth masterpiece in the year I was born, the lyrics are about beheading, fit the psychos of GTA very well)

Spoiler

Camo & Krooked - Nothing is older than yesterday (think about a song that fit gunfights so well that probably is a "frag montage" materialized)

Spoiler

The Whitest Boy Alive - Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix) (Another case of a song transformed by Fred Falke into something from another dimension)

Spoiler

Van She - Jamaica (Mad Professor Dub) (Another option for a less obvious usual Reggae options out there)

Spoiler

Skylar Spence - Private Caller (This list was missing some Vaporwave)

Spoiler

Ellen Allien & Apparat - Turbo Dreams (look at the name of the song, that's all you need to do)

Spoiler

• Like 3

whywontyoulisten
9 hours ago, Booke said:

With hip hop being a big thing in gta with it being a part of the radio ever since the first game and rappers being in the game voicing characters, playing themselves, and hip hop djs hosting radio stations and rappers being guests on the radio. A hip hop dlc should be a thing one day. They could make it to where you could own a record label and sign, drop, and release different artists and they should make it to where you can be a corrupt record label owner like suge knight and have the option to threaten your artists if they won't do anything for you. They should also add  hip hop fashion from 80s-2000s like they could add all the oversized jewelry, Adidas tracksuits, kangol hats, classic Adidas sneakers, bucket hats, that was all worn in the 80s, timberland boots, overalls, tank tops, hoodies, jackets, and sweaters that was worn in the 90s, basketball jerseys, football jerseys, hockey jerseys, and baseball jerseys, a white t shirt under any t shirt you wear except for the white tee itself, doorags, bandanas under hats and beanies, oversized white tees and black tees, wrist and arm bands, new era baseball, basketball, and football hats with the mlb, nba, nfl logos on the back, varsity jackets with all the basketball, baseball football teams on it, long polos, fur coats, track suits, and all the jordans, filas, pumas, nikes that was all worn in the 2000s. they could do so much with this dlc bro

Most of the clothes you listed are already in stores and have been for ages.

Quinn_flower

No. More. Rap and today music

its trash horrible god previous sounds tracks were better than this crap they keeping putting in updates

universetwisters

There's already like six rap stations lol let's get some disco stations

HamwithCheese

I love how people say "need" for something they want. The game is in such a state right now that little thing would only occupy them for a few minutes.

Like cool, you get to wear some shoes you like and listen to music you already listen to, awesome.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

Alright I get what yall saying that hip hop is already a huge thing in the game with it being all over the radios and the fashion already being there but all what I'm saying is they should add all the hip hop clothes from the 80-2000s like I don't see nobody rocking a single du rag in the game, nor there's not enough basketball jerseys which is a big thing of hip hop fashion, or people rocking multiple chains which another big thing of hip hop fashion and gold and silver bracelets, and some rings which are also part of hip hop fashion and jewelry, plus I never see anybody wearing old gen fitted caps of all the hd universe basketball, football teams in the game and fitted caps are a huge thing and been a huge thing for decades in hip hop fashion and they don't even allow to rock the fitted caps backwards or allow us to rock a du rag under it

Rev. Gnash

"f*ck this rap sh*t, I listen to classical." (c) Slum Village- Fall in Love

Classical or Jazz stations are desperately needed in this game.

Sticking with the S.V. theme - the Gap Mangione sample.

NO!

We need a Scandinavian Folkemusik DLC.

HELL AND GORE CHUNG HOP FATHER ALLAN ALLAN LAY! *sips snaps* HEY!

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

lnterloper
45 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:
Spoiler

Interesting song, reminds me somehow of Camel, with this Progressive Rock + Marching band/Military Marching Song vibe.

Edited by lnterloper

Aquamaniac
14 hours ago, Booke said:

Alright I get what yall saying that hip hop is already a huge thing in the game with it being all over the radios and the fashion already being there but all what I'm saying is they should add all the hip hop clothes from the 80-2000s like I don't see nobody rocking a single du rag in the game, nor there's not enough basketball jerseys which is a big thing of hip hop fashion, or people rocking multiple chains which another big thing of hip hop fashion and gold and silver bracelets, and some rings which are also part of hip hop fashion and jewelry, plus I never see anybody wearing old gen fitted caps of all the hd universe basketball, football teams in the game and fitted caps are a huge thing and been a huge thing for decades in hip hop fashion and they don't even allow to rock the fitted caps backwards or allow us to rock a du rag under it

Most people dress like clowns or they wear military clothings, R* should rather do a 80s or 90s GTA VI without stupid clothing.

There is too much of this hip hop BS in this game already. To the point I had to turn off the in-game music.

Mexicola9302

The game needs rock, metal, alternative and blues stations, not more hiphop.

Edit: Or they could at least make the Self Radio use less ressources, it's ridiculous how bad it wastes ressources just to play MP3's.

Playing without Self Radio active 9% cpu utilization, activate Self Radio and boom it goes up by 3-4%, it's silly.

Edited by Mexicola9302

Your Conscience

Plz no, we have way too many rap radios

What we needs is more rock music and biker bars

• Like 7

mrfonzius

Topic: There needs to be a hip hop dlc in GTA online

Nooooo GIFs | Tenor

God-eater

How about a Punctuation & Grammar DLC? Jesus, my f*ckin' eyes...

Are y'all hip hop haters or sumthin?

Seems like all yall aren't fans of the genre despite playing gta san andreas which is gangsta rap themed

Mexicola9302
17 minutes ago, Booke said:

Seems like all yall aren't fans of the genre despite playing gta san andreas which is gangsta rap themed

I only listened to Radio-X and the user radio in that game.

I mean seriously there is enough hip hop in GTA Online already.

• Like 5

Standard Deluxe 59

I'd rather see an early days of rock and roll style update with Hot Rod Lincolns, Rocket 88s, a 409 Impala, perhaps a T-Bucket and a variety of 50's vintage motorcycles to race along Dead Man's Curve. I can't imagine some of the lesser known hits of that era would be particularly expensive to license but if they are and rockstar chooses to cheap out, I'm sure there's plenty bootleg rock groups that would love the publicity that would come with being featured in such an update. 

4 hours ago, Booke said:

Not at all. Not liking  a certain music genre =/= hating it.

The issue is that it's a little over saturated with hip hop and variety is the spice of life. If GTAO had had 60% metal rock I would've been annoyed if people wanted MORE metal rock.

Heck, I want a Double Clef FM radio station so we can have some juicy classic music and a little bit of opera here and there. *chef's kiss*

Edited by EkaSwede
  • Like 4

AirWolf359
4 hours ago, Booke said:

Not hating, but we have already had your hip hop DLCs. You just might have thought they were part of the original game since you're new around here.

Blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM

Los Santos Underground Radio

IFruit Radio

Music Locker Radio

Still Slipping Los Santos

Kult FM

Media Player

Edited by AirWolf359

lnterloper
36 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

Not hating, but we have already had your hip hop DLCs. You just might have thought they were part of the original game since you're new around here.

Blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM

Los Santos Underground Radio

IFruit Radio

Music Locker Radio

Still Slipping Los Santos

Kult FM

Media Player

I love the Blonded tracks: Panda Bear - Mr Noah, Les Ya Toupas Du Zaire - Je ne bois pas beaucoup, Drexciya - Andreaen Sand Dunes, Aphex Twin - IZ-US; but they are buried in a radio where 90% is Hip-hop, I wish radios where more consistent with the genres so people would get what they want, I mean they slipped some Hip-hop even on Kult.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 7:15 AM, lnterloper said:

Almost every station have hip-hop on, we have even a "mumble rap" dedicated radio station, we have Escalades, Dub wheels, Hip-hop fashion, Low Riders that where added in multiple updates, Corncrow hairs and Afros, we have "blings" to wear, all types of Jerseys you can imagine, we even have Jerseys to hang on our Penthouse walls.

Are you sure we don't have enough Hip-hop culture on the game? Maybe having a Lowrider dance contest like in San Andreas would be cool since would give a reason for all the Hydros we have, but do we need more?  

Actually I don't think we've ever had trap metal or emo rap but lets hope they don't,  there's too many of the same sh*t.