3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Paramedic level 12 hard as heck

Niteye

I remember it was already an endurance round in the original, but the DE has some things that make it even harder than it used to be.

- There's more traffic, cars get deadlocked on intersections

- More gangs, the cartel shoot from in front of the hospital in Staunton, and some Triads appear in front of the one in Portland (I remember the road in front of the hospital always being safe originally)

- I don't remember if the original did this but the patients like to run into the ambulance before you're stopped and knock themselves down

Anyway, I got level 12 in staunton, when only the cartel hate you originally, but in this one I can barely get to level 2 before the ambulance gets destroyed. I think the only way of still doing it in DE is in portland before anyone hates you.

loseruser

Point your camera straight down at the road, it cancels distant vehicle and ped spawning.

2 hours ago, Niteye said:

I think the only way of still doing it in DE is in portland before anyone hates you.

It's no different in OG. Just the game was designed.

• Like 1

I did it in Staunton. Ignore the road where cartel is (around construction site) and use mouse and look back and front, it will remove all vehicles and npcs, it will make it easy to complete.

CynicalMexican

Just do it when you're in Portland and no gangs hate you. It was pretty straightforward for me.

• Like 2

kjahcleveland

It’s actually much easier now. The emergency vehicles take such beating compared to the OG III. But yeah you definitely want to to ambulance missions in Portland right after you finish the first mission. 

• Like 7

damian001

I did it as soon as I unlocked Staunton, before doing Asuka's first mission that gets the Mafia to hate you. Also, the  cartel doesn't hate me yet.

edit: this mod i downloaded to make gta3 playable on Win10 had a script that made gangs friendly. 🤦‍♂️ gonna have to restart the game because its perm. on saves.

Edited by damian001

The game crashes on me every time I get to level 11 or 12, tried several times now.

Given up and waiting for a patch. 

2 hours ago, damian001 said:

Also, the  cartel doesn't hate me yet.

Cartel hates you since very beginning.

• Like 6

CynicalMexican
On 11/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, kjahcleveland said:

It’s actually much easier now. The emergency vehicles take such beating compared to the OG III. But yeah you definitely want to to ambulance missions in Portland right after you finish the first mission. 

Doing the side missions to start the game is recommended so you can actually use the perks that come with completing them

I was just on my second to last pickup in lvl 12 in Staunton, had to drive through the death zone and well, died. Can't do it in Portland because I always run out of time. Time isn't an issue in Staunton, neither is the car health in general, but when they blast you with Uzis with aimbot precision even though you're speeding through, it deteriorates pretty fast.

I know you take over the construction area, but turn the Yardies against you.

Is there a point where you take over the construction but are still friendly with the Yardies?

3 hours ago, sejoki said:

Is there a point where you take over the construction but are still friendly with the Yardies?

Yardies will always hunt you, if you completed all their missions.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:51 PM, kubon352 said:

Yardies will always hunt you, if you completed all their missions.

Well, yes. I just didn't remember if you had to complete their missions in order for the Yakuza to take over the construction area. Turns out you don't, you just need to get to Grand Theft Aero and the story doesn't require you to make more enemies on the way.

So I guess there are two windows to do paramedic - either after Luigi's Girls, or if you struggle with time in Portland, after Grand Theft Aero. The Cartel is still around, but so are the Yakuza to deflect them a little.

CynicalMexican
On 11/24/2021 at 6:01 AM, sejoki said:

I was just on my second to last pickup in lvl 12 in Staunton, had to drive through the death zone and well, died. Can't do it in Portland because I always run out of time. Time isn't an issue in Staunton, neither is the car health in general, but when they blast you with Uzis with aimbot precision even though you're speeding through, it deteriorates pretty fast.

I know you take over the construction area, but turn the Yardies against you.

Surprisingly I don't have any issues in Portland for the most part with Paramedic. I guess I'm just extremely familiar with the roadways there.

5 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Surprisingly I don't have any issues in Portland for the most part with Paramedic. I guess I'm just extremely familiar with the roadways there.

I wouldn't have ran into any issues either if the game hadn't spawned 3 patients deep in Cartel territory on level 12. By the time I got to the second one, my car was trash. The last green dot was right next to the parking lot entrance. A couple more feet and I would have been done. I saved 138 patients so far and I'm still not done. I just don't want to go through it anymore 😭

I will though, but this is by far the most frustrated I've ever been in 18 years of playing GTA.

• KEKW 2

All side missions are to be completed after Luigi's Girls. Otherwise, it's torture later.

• Best Bru 1

ThePlake0815
1 hour ago, kubon352 said:

All side missions are to be completed after Luigi's Girls. Otherwise, it's torture later.

This was already a fact in the OG game, so I don't get all the fuss for the Defective Edition on this topic...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThePlake0815 said:

This was already a fact in the OG game, so I don't get all the fuss for the Defective Edition on this topic...

People forget or haven't played OG, and were not expecting something like this.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 2:47 AM, kjahcleveland said:

I noticed this, on OG GTA 3 your ambulance would explode after literally 3 smashes, I'm pretty sure they're invincible now during paramedic missions

On 11/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, Niteye said:

I remember it was already an endurance round in the original, but the DE has some things that make it even harder than it used to be.

- There's more traffic, cars get deadlocked on intersections

- More gangs, the cartel shoot from in front of the hospital in Staunton, and some Triads appear in front of the one in Portland (I remember the road in front of the hospital always being safe originally)

- I don't remember if the original did this but the patients like to run into the ambulance before you're stopped and knock themselves down

Anyway, I got level 12 in staunton, when only the cartel hate you originally, but in this one I can barely get to level 2 before the ambulance gets destroyed. I think the only way of still doing it in DE is in portland before anyone hates you.

If you do it on Staunton, you get A sh*t TON of time, you can just avoid the Cartel area entirely and use the other road, the one next to the stadium to get to the hospital. Time isn't an issue in Staunton, here the focus is on patience and careful driving.  Just do it before the Yardies hate you at least, and only enter the Cartel territory if a patient spawns there.

Also, it's actually not that hard to do it on Shoreside, you just have to get lucky on the first 3 levels with the spawns of patients, on DE that part is easier since you can figure out where they are on the map, on the original version you had to guesswork. 

Edited by lol232

It was hard already in orginal game and now in Definitive Edition cars are less resistant to damage so it is even more harder. Personally I think it is best to do paramedic at the beginning of the game in first city.

See.. I messed up and finished all missions first! Now going back through and cleaning up and.. well yeah. This is going to suck!

2 hours ago, KingCraigx said:

See.. I messed up and finished all missions first! Now going back through and cleaning up and.. well yeah. This is going to suck!

You can do it on Shoreside Vale, it really isn't that bad once you're past level 3.

If there's any side mission that deserves the hate, it's Vigilante in San Andreas. I tried doing it in Los Santos and I gave up. The gangs shoot at you, you always get a wanted level, you can't lose a wanted level in a police vehicle, Pay N Spray won't repair your vehicle and cop cars only spawn unlocked in the restricted parking lot, and enemies get strong and can easily destroy your vehicle. It's easy to get 2 stars and bribes are especially scarce in GTA SA.

What a horrible side mission.

• Like 1
  • CJ Wat... 1

On 11/29/2021 at 6:56 PM, lol232 said:

You can do it on Shoreside Vale, it really isn't that bad once you're past level 3.

It is still a little bit demanding because of the fact that gang members are spawning near construction site.

6 hours ago, Szewczenko said:

It is still a little bit demanding because of the fact that gang members are spawning near construction site.

That's in Staunton, in Staunton you can just entirely avoid the site unless enemies spawn there. In Shoreside, they spawn in one road in Cedar Grove. Just collect patients there fast and get out.

Each time you get a time bonus (the first time you deliver 3 patients at once at a level from level 4 and onwards) you get a health boost of 110 health on the ambulance. The Ambulance has max 1000 health by default, as do most vehicles in GTA III, so with the "time bonus" you also get a 11% health increase. The catch is that it's not capped at 1000, meaning you can get over the 1000 limit if you keep driving well and getting the bonus.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, CynicalMexican said:

you can't lose a wanted level in a police vehicle

The game always remembers where you parked your last vehicle, you can leave one in front of the pay and spray to occasionally visit if the heat gets too high. Takes like ten seconds to swap and respray vehicles and you have 60 to get back into a police vehicle. Sometimes having a wanted level will benefit you, since the police will quickly bring you a new car if you destroyed yours. ;)

I recommend doing vigilante in Las Venturas. I always thought it was most fun to do there. Lots of easily memorizable cop bribes. Over a dozen inside city limits. Big, wide highway ring around the city. Terrain is flat, lots of shortcuts. Remember you're not just limited to drivebys, you can get out and fire miniguns and rockets or snipe the criminals which also applies to all the games. I usually snipe in III/VC, in SA I use the minigun.

Hate that I keep bringing it up but canceling vehicle spawns by snapping the camera down is really the best strategy in these games and the solution to almost every seemingly insurmountable challenge in them. It's an unfortunately very cheesy dirty trick but extremely powerful.

If you didn't know about it already the mechanic comes from the way the game engine cleans up the streets of peds and vehicle AI when you're not near them as to not bog down the CPU with a bunch of pathing computation for traffic you're not near and can't even see. The way it works is while a vehicle is in the distance in the "ghost" state [just fading in from being spawned] quickly snap your camera away and look back at it again; it will be gone. You can do this to re-roll vehicle spawns, like say slow utility vans keep spawning and you'd prefer a Cheetah in that moment, or if you're collecting import/export vehicles and want to get them faster by continuously respawning them (useful in Shoreside Vale since the majority of that list can be collected directly outside of the import garage within a couple of minutes), but the camera flick trick is mostly used to make traffic stay the heck outta your way when you're driving fast, because if your camera is pointing straight down, cars and peds just won't spawn at all. Only some get through but for the majority of the time, you can basically drive through the city with just the minimap. It cancels pedestrian spawning as well, meaning rival gangs aren't shooting at you, and the sidewalks are clean and safe to drive on. I spend the majority of my time playing the games looking down. It's kinda humorously fitting, considering GTA's top-down camera origins.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 6:51 PM, loseruser said:

The game always remembers where you parked your last vehicle, you can leave one in front of the pay and spray to occasionally visit if the heat gets too high. Takes like ten seconds to swap and respray vehicles and you have 60 to get back into a police vehicle. Sometimes having a wanted level will benefit you, since the police will quickly bring you a new car if you destroyed yours. ;)

I recommend doing vigilante in Las Venturas. I always thought it was most fun to do there. Lots of easily memorizable cop bribes. Over a dozen inside city limits. Big, wide highway ring around the city. Terrain is flat, lots of shortcuts. Remember you're not just limited to drivebys, you can get out and fire miniguns and rockets or snipe the criminals which also applies to all the games. I usually snipe in III/VC, in SA I use the minigun.

I instead just recommend either getting a minigun from its spawnpoints in the game and shooting every enemy normally, or unlocking Hunter and doing Vigilante with that.