Swimming Speed Issues

When_Is_GTA7_Out?

When_Is_GTA7_Out?

OK, I rarely use GTAF these days so apologies if this has been answered before (I am sure it has)

So I downloaded this to play again after many years, apart from all of the glitched and bugs it has been fun. Last night I managed to get to Woozies missions Amphibious Assault and managed to get my lung capacity up in order to start the mission. All good so far ..... I get to the checkpoint where I have to dive (RT button on XB) and then (A) to swim but all CJ does is stay static and not move forward so I am unable to reach the checkpoint and continue. CJ simply does not want to swim and I cannot even make him dive deeper.

I don't remember this problem on the original so wondering if it is a glitch or something I am doing wrong. Without being able to get past this point the game has become redundant as I cannot continue the story missions and move forward.

Is there a work around?

Thank you

9 hours ago, AgentPlum said:

OK, I rarely use GTAF these days so apologies if this has been answered before (I am sure it has)

So I downloaded this to play again after many years, apart from all of the glitched and bugs it has been fun. Last night I managed to get to Woozies missions Amphibious Assault and managed to get my lung capacity up in order to start the mission. All good so far ..... I get to the checkpoint where I have to dive (RT button on XB) and then (A) to swim but all CJ does is stay static and not move forward so I am unable to reach the checkpoint and continue. CJ simply does not want to swim and I cannot even make him dive deeper.

I don't remember this problem on the original so wondering if it is a glitch or something I am doing wrong. Without being able to get past this point the game has become redundant as I cannot continue the story missions and move forward.

Is there a work around?

Thank you

Unfortunatley @AgentPlum this is a bug with SA since its PC release in general. It ties wayback to the framerate, in the game if you are over 30 FPS the physics in this game act up for some reason.

Since this is the DE which was based off the mobile ports (which those where based off the PC version) this bug makes swimming in general broken on all platforms. and i dont believe there is an option to limit the framerate on console/PC since we all have moved on from 30 FPS these days.

Maybe you've played the game on PS2 or on Xbox back then and didn't have these issues.

16 hours ago, AgentPlum said:

CJ simply does not want to swim and I cannot even make him dive deeper.

Well... They're the same developers who made the f*cked up mobile release, and it had the same bug

When_Is_GTA7_Out?
18 hours ago, __L_e_e said:

Unfortunatley @AgentPlum this is a bug with SA since its PC release in general. It ties wayback to the framerate, in the game if you are over 30 FPS the physics in this game act up for some reason.

Since this is the DE which was based off the mobile ports (which those where based off the PC version) this bug makes swimming in general broken on all platforms. and i dont believe there is an option to limit the framerate on console/PC since we all have moved on from 30 FPS these days.

Maybe you've played the game on PS2 or on Xbox back then and didn't have these issues.

Yes I have played on PS2 many years ago and completed the game with no problems. At least the problem is not just me, that is something. I literally tried changing controller options and invert etc and I cannot get past that checkpoint so as I say the game is now redundant unless R* perform a fix. I was going to buy the definitive edition in hard copy in December when it releases as I love VC but with all of these problems I would need confirmation the stories can be completed before I spend hard earnt cash.