2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA: San Andreas is overhyped

Ifxfdh

I fell like people overhype and ovverate ths game. the missions are ok, story is simply a dumpster can, cj is a trash character.

Map is actually pretty good, graphics are trash but im gonna ignore that cos the game was made in like 2004, being able to travel to san fierro and los venturas thru and airplane was VERY nice, 10/10 on that, guns are OK i guess? vehicles and mobility is pretty good. All in all this game is kinda overrated, i wouldnt call it a very bad game but its very overrated. most ppl that ike this game like it cos they remember laying it when they were young, not cos its a good goame. Old doesnt mean gold, and the Gta community needs to realize that.

Cant wait to get cancelled for making this *lip licking emoji

• Bruh 2

The best time to delete was yesterday.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinion and it's ok if you don't like it, can't force you to.

8 hours ago, Ifxfdh said:

I fell like people overhype and ovverate ths game. the missions are ok, story is simply a dumpster can, cj is a trash character.

Map is actually pretty good, graphics are trash but im gonna ignore that cos the game was made in like 2004, being able to travel to san fierro and los venturas thru and airplane was VERY nice, 10/10 on that, guns are OK i guess? vehicles and mobility is pretty good. All in all this game is kinda overrated, i wouldnt call it a very bad game but its very overrated. most ppl that ike this game like it cos they remember laying it when they were young, not cos its a good goame. Old doesnt mean gold, and the Gta community needs to realize that.

Vanilla San Andreas didn't age insanely well but it's still an awesome game, and it especially was in 2004. 

I enjoy San Andreas with mods more than certain modern games, it's addicting to do missions, take over territories, free roam to kill drug dealers to then go spend the cash you earned buying guns, clothes, eating etc. 

It was ahead of its time and had a really addictive and fun gameplay loop, and if you couple that with mods that freshen up the mechanics like gun recoil, better effects and better sounds it feels like a total joy to play. 

The story wasn't a masterpiece of storytelling but it was alright for a GTA game from 2004, it tells the tale of a hoodrat gangbanger being forced around the state and discovering different places, peoples and cultures in the process, becoming a fully-fledged cosmopolitan and breaking the mold of being a gangbaner from south central, and the dialogue writing was actually really good and still holds up to this day, unlike in the previous entries.  

• Like 2

All GTA games are overhyped but this particular one has so much sh*t to do & RPG features that no other game came close to competing with. Even GTA 5 doesnt offer the same amount of features or exploration (since frankly hd LS despite being bigger falls short in comparison to 3 towns)

10 hours ago, Ifxfdh said:

gr8 b8 m8. i rel8 str8 appreci8 nd congratul8. i r8 dis b8 an 8/8. plz no h8, i'm str8 ir8. cr8 more cant w8.

• excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1

10 hours ago, Ifxfdh said:

You just don't understand. 

Yes the graphics are bad, but it still looks good and has good aesthetics. The story is what most 2004 games were. Actually much better than most. Okay CJ is little lame character, but still good for 2004 made video game character. Missions are fun and again its 2004 game not 2020 game.

Im talking about the original version though. The definitive edition remaster is trash.

Sure theres some things that could be improved like adding ragdoll physics and better npc's/ more npc varity, better controls,, but other than that the original is just some best of the  best for 2004 and still playable.

Its set in 90s and for that reason is fully 90s themed. If you have no interest about 90s cultures and setting,, or you are too young to know anout it, I could understand why its not appealing to you.

29 minutes ago, Mktz1 said:

You just don't understand. 

Yes the graphics are bad, but it still looks good and has good aesthetics. The story is what most 2004 games were. Actually much better than most. Okay CJ is little lame character, but still good for 2004 made video game character. Missions are fun and again its 2004 game not 2020 game.

Im talking about the original version though. The definitive edition remaster is trash.

Sure theres some things that could be improved like adding ragdoll physics and better npc's/ more npc varity, better controls,, but other than that the original is just some best of the  best for 2004 and still playable.

Its set in 90s and for that reason is fully 90s themed. If you have no interest about 90s cultures and setting,, or you are too young to know anout it, I could understand why its not appealing to you.

vice city is set in the 80s and is 8x better lol

• Bruh 1

39 minutes ago, Ifxfdh said:

vice city is set in the 80s and is 8x better lol

I dont agree. That is just your personal opinion. Its not better in any way other than in your head lol. Was it really needed to make new topic based on personal opinion and preference? It basically just means you are not interested in 90s setting, the street gang theme and the story of the game. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences. I never finished the VC story and did not play much but it was much worst graphics and game play than SA imo.

1 minute ago, Mktz1 said:

I dont agree. That is just your personal opinion. Its not better in any way other than in your head lol. Was it really needed to make new topic based on personal opinion and preference? It basically just means you are not interested in 90s setting, the street gang theme and the story of the game. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences. I never finished the VC story and did not play much but it was much worst graphics and game play than SA imo.

no, sa is simply not uique and sucks in every way

1 minute ago, Mktz1 said:

if you disagree than disagree, but im putting facts into way sa is bad

• YEE 2

Just now, Ifxfdh said:

no, sa is simply not uique and sucks in every way

WTF?... 🤣 Am I talking to 10 years old?

You come up with several reasonable arguments "No. You're wrong, I'm right."  - Annoying Childhood Friend - quickmeme

This is you right now

Considering that OP's contributions in this thread are just "I think these things are good and these are bad" without anything to elaborate on or even any point of discussion, I'll lock this before it devolves into something stupid.

f you're going to make a thread on your opinion, please have something more substantial about why you think what you think, why you think certain things are good and bad instead of just stating that they're good and bad.

Thanks!

• Like 3

gwZr6Zc.png