2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[DE WIP] GTA Trilogy Character fixes. (Tommy Port WIP)

BRONXBX

So I'm gonna try and re-texture a lot of people in the GTADE with up-res'd versions of their OG game ones and blend em etc, I've already done a Ken fix and it's on Nexus mods which is where anything else I upload will go but I'll post previews here. 

20211116143729_1.jpg GTA 3 Style Claude

GTA VC Style Tommy 20211116133107_1.jpg

20211116010630_1.jpg SA Style Reece, just gotta figure out why his hair texture isn't showing lol

Just now, Eassa said:

I think the issue is the mouth, it looks off, but generally better than the one we got in the DE

Noted. Imma look into that

Just now, BRONXBX said:

Noted. Imma look into that

Good luck, Modders like you are what keeps these games alive, I appreciate what y'all are doing.

Awesome work! If the remaining ones look anything like your Ken texture, this could really restore some of the essence of the originals while retaining updated models.

• Like 2

Claude looks great! Def. like how I remember OG Claude more or less. Now this may seem like a ridiculous nitpick, but could you provide a version without the golden zipper?

I keep seeing it as rusty rather than golden and it looked fine earlier, gotta say if it was golden in OG III I doubt I could have ever been able to tell with the few pixel textures haha.

Either way, thanks for the mods, keep up the great work! I was just gonna go with your darker hair Claude, but I'm really liking this one, nevermind the tiny nitpick. Cheers!

1 hour ago, WTFX said:

Claude looks great! Def. like how I remember OG Claude more or less. Now this may seem like a ridiculous nitpick, but could you provide a version without the golden zipper?

I keep seeing it as rusty rather than golden and it looked fine earlier, gotta say if it was golden in OG III I doubt I could have ever been able to tell with the few pixel textures haha.

Either way, thanks for the mods, keep up the great work! I was just gonna go with your darker hair Claude, but I'm really liking this one, nevermind the tiny nitpick. Cheers!

It's cool, actually saw on his 3 texture his zipper was gold or rusty instead of silver so I just went off of that lol

52 minutes ago, BRONXBX said:

It's cool, actually saw on his 3 texture his zipper was gold or rusty instead of silver so I just went off of that lol

For real? I need to take a second look at the old GTA III, haha. Nevertheless, no need to even bother with a different version, it really isn't noticeable either way for me on 1080p at least.

But the main positive here is the face looking correct.. Sure, they messed up the other Trilogy characters even more from the looks of it, but Claude wasn't himself either until now. Thanks!

20211117190639_1.jpg With the help of Zebel on the GTA DE modding discord I am able to see my resculpt in action! Still gotta fix some broken holes around his neck, back of his head and around his ears but I am liking it so hopefully I can fix those lol

• Like 2

20211117200023_1.jpgSo got this idea from a comment on my 3 Style Claude to do an Xbox version so I did, might take some liberties and tweak the frown he has on the xbox model cause it doesn't really look too good on this one lol

20211118074142_1.jpg VC Tommy port WIP, mixed it with some DE stuff and gave him the HQ DE clothes textures, just gotta find out why he's a bit shiny lol

These are really good so far with the mix. Can't wait to see our boy Lance get the same treatment. Since they did him really dirty.

5 hours ago, Solidcal said:

These are really good so far with the mix. Can't wait to see our boy Lance get the same treatment. Since they did him really dirty.

He's on the list, Imma see if I can do something with his OG VC and VCS stuff to make him look better lol

20211121030719_1.jpg?width=615&height=67 20211121030932_1.jpg So even though this CS model stuff is kicking my butt I was finally able to get him to show without crashing, still gotta fix his mouth but I am happy he shows lol and added his first Suit

• Like 2

G The Generous

His head is too small compared to his body which makes him look unnatural, a little bit adjustment and it will be great!

42 minutes ago, G The Generous said:

His head is too small compared to his body which makes him look unnatural, a little bit adjustment and it will be great!

Is it really? I've heard it is by multiple people but since this is straight from his VC cs model I just ignored them as it should be the right size lol

G The Generous
1 hour ago, BRONXBX said:

Is it really? I've heard it is by multiple people but since this is straight from his VC cs model I just ignored them as it should be the right size lol

VC CS model has the right size but DE model is not, you will have to adjust either one of them.

Edited by G The Generous

VCS Head WIP, idk what happened with his eyes they looked fine in Umodel lol 20211122055502_1.jpg?width=255&height=58 Wanna do the same with Vic but I can't find his PS2 cutscene head anywhere lol

20211122080819_1.jpg?width=208&height=3020211122080816_1.jpg VCS Vic head, kept the hair and stuff since this is his 1986 look just wanted him to look more like how he should lore wise lol it's hard to get a good shot of him but these I feel people can see whats changed

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blingu said:

Did you change anything in Tommy's lips?

Nope, that's his head straight from VC, it's his CS head since that's the most HQ head he got lol

10 minutes ago, RRT94 said:

A small request but, can you fix Lance's cop outfit? The DE one is very poorly upscaled and looks awful

Ngl I was considering it, I might take a look at the new cop model and see if theres any way I can merge it with Lance. if so I'll update him with that if it all works ingame

• Like 2