1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas has the BEST IA Cyberpunk has not in open world games...

CJ0013

Do you ever dropped your gamepad at San Fierro fuel station in a gang war (or not), just for looking THE GTA's LIFE ?

it's in what R* excel : too many AI scripts, so much "little" details...

(in RDR 1 on PS3, if u kick MacFarlane's dog, he runs after you, & get feared & stop asap you "exit" the pistol !!! so nice AI !!! it's just for a game.)

if u take CDPR' Cyberpunk game, the peds have no AI at all, they just walk... just differents wears.

in GTA IV & V it's less interesting too..

no, GTA SA is Amazing ! TOO MUCH LIFE IN THE STREETS,

gang wars, drive-by's, house'breaking (sry my english..), ... pfff...

all prefer SA as Best GTA.... VC has best story, but both are my favs...

more things todo in SA, & better AI ever !

Edited by CJ0013

I agree GTA SA has a lot of things to do. The NPCs sure fell more natural, in spite of their limitations. But, GTA 4 and GTA 5's AI are way ahead. I like GTA 4's AI above anything else because they're a blend between sophistication and natural responsiveness. Unlike GTA V where most of the AI are scripted to do most actions.

• Like 2

You’d be surprised of how much detail is actually cut from GTA San Andreas. Like lots of scenarios with dialogue and audio. I don’t understand why Rockstar disabled some of them. But yeah, I agree with you

2 hours ago, Havi said:

You’d be surprised of how much detail is actually cut from GTA San Andreas. Like lots of scenarios with dialogue and audio. I don’t understand why Rockstar disabled some of them. But yeah, I agree with you

I used to have this mod which brought back lots of stuff from Beta San Andreas, I swear, the cut missions alone prolonged the game for that playthrough of mine. Lots of cool stuff were inevitably removed from the game probably due to some constraint.

The good thing about these Definitive Editions is that they brought back some of these Beta NPC textures in some form. My GTA IV playthroughs usually take me about 3 days to complete with about 4 hours per session. Meanwhile GTA V and GTA SA playthroughs usually take me 5 days up to a week, especially on the latter.

Guyz.. u all talkin about gunfight ia lol..

U not catch it.

I played all gta since 1 and observed all.

->

Gta iv and v have no LIFE....

SA is full of livings ..

https://www.twitch.tv/xmk2_13

its not to sponsorise a channel like i really dont care lol ^^..

its just to show you im streaming GTA citizens AI !!!

its really nice ! Interesting :

- flying plane sometimes

- angry driver sometimes

- surprised citizen after a punch fight in angel pine

- HOUSE MUSIC ❤️ .....

- walking fools

- talking fools..

there so so so much things u missed in gta after life in san andreas...

i dont talk about gang wars.. like when u observe a land limit with bolosses sh*t.... and the drive-by dudez u got in the car shoot them all.

crazy, more evolved ai in a gta.

-> smoke a cigarette .. drop gamepad.. and observe GTA LIFE.

😜

Edited by CJ0013

- somes citizen of angel pine park their car in the garage...

- some dealers ask u want some.. u respond pos or negative..

- camp a road... they wait behind.. if they bored.. they double..

- sometimes a fool chased by cops..

- etc etc..

U know what im talkin about :

Gta sa is best gta ever.. for all.

Even i love Scarface much... when i play it in summer :)

- thugs discussing in Grove Street...

- sreet girls ask for a pass.....

- guyz shouting at you in a car..

What else i can say more more than all "little gtas"... ?

- san fierro tramway

- zone 51 guarding jeeps...

There r too much scripts compared to latests gta in the story.....

- bad car drivers...

Its not only 3 ai speaking near a store...

ArmA 3 game has great ai too...

In SA :

- when u park on a cross road.. guyz take u off the car and start a punch fight...

- tv helicopter filming gang wars..

- différents cars / citizens walkers.. doing their ai...

- ai nerves meter lol..

Edited by CJ0013

It is known that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was mythical at the time it came out, it marked a before and after.

Cyberpunk sucks.

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

if u park on a "cross-roads", people horns, if it's too long they crash or double your car, or a guy get down , exit you from your car & fight you.

there like an invisible positive/negative meter on C.J. ...

also sometimes u see pass an outlaw pursuit-ed by 1-2 cops car..

-> u not see THAT evolved AI in gta IV or V, im sry !

cp2077 people (street "npc") have no soul. & it's a 2-way kill : quick-hack or piew-piew... (it's not a cyberpunk, not a RPG or Deus EX 1&2 !)

.. always imagined a GTA 2132 but i'll never play it, too old.. RC as drones, bad-ass auto AIM... & gamepad.. :)

R* is the past the present i think...

people r not captured by the future.. they need some sort of "realism". CDPR tried & failed, finally... 😕 but it's a polish studio.. it's not Hollywood.

Edited by CJ0013
  • Like 2

6fangedcutthroatTV
1 hour ago, CJ0013 said:

if u park on a "cross-roads", people horns, if it's too long they crash or double your car, or a guy get down , exit you from your car & fight you.

there like an invisible positive/negative meter on C.J. ...

also sometimes u see pass an outlaw pursuit-ed by 1-2 cops car..

-> u not see THAT evolved AI in gta IV or V, im sry !

cp2077 people (street "npc") have no soul. & it's a 2-way kill : quick-hack or piew-piew... (it's not a cyberpunk, not a RPG or Deus EX 1&2 !)

.. always imagined a GTA 2132 but i'll never play it, too old.. RC as drones, bad-ass auto AIM... & gamepad.. :)

R* is the past the present i think...

people r not captured by the future.. they need some sort of "realism". CDPR tried & failed, finally... 😕 but it's a polish studio.. it's not Hollywood.

1: There is no hidden or "invisible" positive/negative meter on CJ. It is Respect stat & it is visible whenever you pull up the stats view. There IS hidden positive/negative meter in GTA IV & GTA V. You can make it rain too much & more depending on behavior. Same is true for SA, so there might be a hidden meter in SA, more deep than Respect, after all. 

2: In both GTA IV & GTA V you can see cops chasing & shooting or arresting criminals. In GTA IV they will actually take them to the car then drive them away in the back seat.

I think you are right; GTA games need to be 1980 to present day - future is not a good fit, the literal crap in GTA Online we all dislike except for griefers who like that futuristic stuff. Why I do not even play that game anymore. Older than 1980, take 2 can do Mafia or other games, GTA in 70s or before would be dumb & too bland. You can have relics of the past, old songs, old cars, but older than 1980s setting would be garbage. 1980s the way Vice did it is great. Trying to do that "Groovy brady bunch bell bottoms" crap from 70s in GTA would be pretty corny. Worst selling gta of all time is london expansions & that was just an internal fun mod the team did on their own that was not even supposed to be released originally.

Cyberpunk needed a few different design choices & it might have been really good. I did not play it personally, I did not like that they went more deus ex/system shock style instead of open world witcher/gta/far cry/new assassins creed styles in the future. I think you know what I mean. I know they scrapped a lot of the depth, it still is a pretty niche presentation, not as widely acceptible as easily as gta or witcher adventure or RPG games. I will play it eventually, a little bit at least. I will wait for "please buy it" sale because I know I won't spend a lot of time in it. Made the mistake to buy RDR2, very niche, too boring. Good art, otherwise just a very repetitive boring game that simulates way too much, from opening "Every drawer" to loot something or having to feed a horse, myself, etc - boring game.

Rockstar Games basically died in 2014 & most people just do not realize it yet. Leslie Benzies left, it is over. Dan Houser left, now, too. He made his own company now, not related to Rockstar at all. Not a new rockstar - his own thing, AWAY from rockstar. So It is really over for Rockstar now. They are going to do woke games or not at all. All they have left now is "militantly-leftist" Sam Houser & so the games would be stupid. The team changed from a somewhat small to medium team to a 3000 people, basically glorified outsourcing house, outsourcing to India Technicolor they bought etc. Nothing against the employees, however Rockstar is just not ever going to be the same. We will not get games from them like we did before. They used to drop great games every year. Now they do not even expand their existing games with DLC stories - a no-brainer. They probably cannot do it anymore. 

Game industry is overran with "politically correct", very degenerate leftist developers & artists right now. I do not know whether we will ever get good, real strongly controversial games for a while. Look at the picture of Grove Street Games employees - tells you the same 1000 words in a simple glance. "Everything woke turns to sh*t" - Amen, Donald Love, Amen. I don't judge people entirely based on their appearances, however you can tell a lot by comparing the Defective/Definitive Edition to the team that built it, that I can tell you.

Edited by 6fangedcutthroatTV

AI in games, could make the game, feel real Alive, but the gameplay is what really, make it feel good.

Edited by MANITDARK
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 9:39 AM, 6fangedcutthroatTV said:

1: There is no hidden or "invisible" positive/negative meter on CJ. It is Respect stat & it is visible whenever you pull up the stats view. There IS hidden positive/negative meter in GTA IV & GTA V. You can make it rain too much & more depending on behavior. Same is true for SA, so there might be a hidden meter in SA, more deep than Respect, after all. 

2: In both GTA IV & GTA V you can see cops chasing & shooting or arresting criminals. In GTA IV they will actually take them to the car then drive them away in the back seat.

I think you are right; GTA games need to be 1980 to present day - future is not a good fit, the literal crap in GTA Online we all dislike except for griefers who like that futuristic stuff. Why I do not even play that game anymore. Older than 1980, take 2 can do Mafia or other games, GTA in 70s or before would be dumb & too bland. You can have relics of the past, old songs, old cars, but older than 1980s setting would be garbage. 1980s the way Vice did it is great. Trying to do that "Groovy brady bunch bell bottoms" crap from 70s in GTA would be pretty corny. Worst selling gta of all time is london expansions & that was just an internal fun mod the team did on their own that was not even supposed to be released originally.

Cyberpunk needed a few different design choices & it might have been really good. I did not play it personally, I did not like that they went more deus ex/system shock style instead of open world witcher/gta/far cry/new assassins creed styles in the future. I think you know what I mean. I know they scrapped a lot of the depth, it still is a pretty niche presentation, not as widely acceptible as easily as gta or witcher adventure or RPG games. I will play it eventually, a little bit at least. I will wait for "please buy it" sale because I know I won't spend a lot of time in it. Made the mistake to buy RDR2, very niche, too boring. Good art, otherwise just a very repetitive boring game that simulates way too much, from opening "Every drawer" to loot something or having to feed a horse, myself, etc - boring game.

Rockstar Games basically died in 2014 & most people just do not realize it yet. Leslie Benzies left, it is over. Dan Houser left, now, too. He made his own company now, not related to Rockstar at all. Not a new rockstar - his own thing, AWAY from rockstar. So It is really over for Rockstar now. They are going to do woke games or not at all. All they have left now is "militantly-leftist" Sam Houser & so the games would be stupid. The team changed from a somewhat small to medium team to a 3000 people, basically glorified outsourcing house, outsourcing to India Technicolor they bought etc. Nothing against the employees, however Rockstar is just not ever going to be the same. We will not get games from them like we did before. They used to drop great games every year. Now they do not even expand their existing games with DLC stories - a no-brainer. They probably cannot do it anymore. 

Game industry is overran with "politically correct", very degenerate leftist developers & artists right now. I do not know whether we will ever get good, real strongly controversial games for a while. Look at the picture of Grove Street Games employees - tells you the same 1000 words in a simple glance. "Everything woke turns to sh*t" - Amen, Donald Love, Amen. I don't judge people entirely based on their appearances, however you can tell a lot by comparing the Defective/Definitive Edition to the team that built it, that I can tell you.

it changed coz we growed... kids will prefer & know only gta v..

70s 80s 90s even 2000 were love generations...

GTA were Fun-games "do what you can't", but R* may had political menaces & tribunals too much... censures.....

if u musician, u do your sauce.. but now u need to do popular/buzzy more than content. so u escape "business sh*t"... same for game devs..

but it's a pleasure personally to retrieve this SA DE, i will play VC next summer. GFX r good, it's "agréable". good nostalgie :)

radios r forever... there will be mods, i wait.

but ye : gta's nowadays r more gangsta-educational-drug-dealing tutorial than "FUN game where u shoot police & laugh".. but it's a society pb... i dont want children actually !!!

edit: i DO like cyberpunk games, it's a drug ! Shadowrun, Deus Ex,... too rares 😕

Edited by CJ0013
  • Like 1

For me the biggest WOW effect when I was playing GTA SA was when someone steal my car parked at Ganton. That was really amazing thing and I couldn't believe it.