1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Hidden Interiors Universe – Blue Hell [and All That] Remains!

triks

So, just fired up the Definitive Edition tonight and one of the first things on my mind, of course, was attempting to portal jump from the Ganton Gym into the nether realms of the notorious underworld more commonly known as the Blue Heavens/Hell.

To my surprise, the Jetpack exploit remains unchanged as far as I can tell.

Of course, it's common knowledge that Grove Street Games made [mostly] only improvements to existing models in The Trilogy DE, so I am not entirely sure whether anybody will find this worth mentioning; however, many new objects and models have been added to the existing world environment (especially in most of the mission cutscene interiors,) so I am now excited as to what other secrets may have survived this remaster and, very curious at the potential of other little hidden gems – which GSG destined for the cutting floor – having been left behind.

Do you think that might be worthy pursuing?

BH-01.png

BH-03.png

Brothel01.png

Brothel01-Rm01.png

Edited by triks
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

As far as I’ve seen the code and fixes they made, fairly all the OOB glitches and such should still be here. Rockstar Games made a ‘RAGE to Unreal’ plugin that’s being used for the project. Another plugin made my Thomas Williamson, head of GSG, made a plugin for compatibility between old file types. 

There are only a few classic building models that are actually modified to help with environment and lighting. I’d say, have fun and pursue ❤️

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

On 11/14/2021 at 12:47 AM, Silorian said:

Is the Liberty City area still explorable? 

Not sure yet – the problem with exploring the rest of Liberty City in the original was that the interior is located far above the allowable flying altitude, so trying to use the Jetpack (without a mod to remove the height restriction) would just end up making you slide around and eventually fall through the map.

Nevertheless, I think the Jetpack physics have been altered in the DE and manoeuvrability seems to have been improved somewhat, so staying above the height limit seems a bit easier to do.

I'll definitely take a look when I get the chance.

Edited by triks
Jetpack control is much, much worse. Trying to strafe doesn't even work properly anymore.

9 hours ago, triks said:

Not sure yet – the problem with exploring the rest of Liberty City in the original was that the interior is located far above the allowable flying altitude, so trying to use the Jetpack (without a mod to remove the height restriction) would just end up making you slide around and eventually fall through the map.

Nevertheless, I think the Jetpack physics have been altered in the DE and manoeuvrability seems to have been improved somewhat, so staying above the height limit seems a bit easier to do.

I'll definitely take a look when I get get chance.

You can use trainers, they are already out. The site I told you about, just go there, it is in one of the posts.

47 minutes ago, kasa said:

Are the hidden tattoos still there?

Whoa, now that's a throwback!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the unused San Fierro tattoo parlor end up getting restored when they released the Xbox/360 versions?

Definitely something I'm keen to look into, though – just have to wait until my son goes to sleep lol

39 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

You can use trainers, they are already out. The site I told you about, just go there, it is in one of the posts.

Oh sweet :) do any of those trainers include the Unlimited Jetpack Height hack? That's the one thing that'll make this whole thing a walk in Jefferson Park.

I tried getting to Liberty City earlier but kept screwing up near the Warehouse portal (the one you must teleport to first in order to enter the San Fierro Garage then reach LC.

There's another way to manipulate the running executable using CheatEngine and do the same hack, but I highly doubt the memory addresses will be exactly the same in the DE, so that'll take a bit of time to pull off – I'll exhaust my other options first I think lol

59 minutes ago, triks said:

Whoa, now that's a throwback!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the unused San Fierro tattoo parlor end up getting restored when they released the Xbox/360 versions?

Definitely something I'm keen to look into, though – just have to wait until my son goes to sleep lol

Oh sweet :) do any of those trainers include the Unlimited Jetpack Height hack? That's the one thing that'll make this whole thing a walk in Jefferson Park.

I tried getting to Liberty City earlier but kept screwing up near the Warehouse portal (the one you must teleport to first in order to enter the San Fierro Garage then reach LC.

There's another way to manipulate the running executable using CheatEngine and do the same hack, but I highly doubt the memory addresses will be exactly the same in the DE, so that'll take a bit of time to pull off – I'll exhaust my other options first I think lol

It is actually kind of meh now that I saw the options, mostly just cheats in a dialog menu.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:25 PM, JDantz25 said:

Just tried to do the interior thing with granton gym you can use a jetpack and get out of bounds but once you fly out some reason the jetpack goes down and you cant come back up is it patched or doesnt work in definive edition 

Just thought I'd drop you here – the Ghost World is fully functioning as per the old versions of the game :)

WH02-01.png

Int-Name-BROTHEL1-Missing.png

Edit: By the way, make sure you remember to take out all four people in the gym before trying to access the other interiors otherwise you'll instantly start dropping towards the bottom of the map.

Yes, while it's true you could sometimes get away with not killing them in the original game, with the new (and less forgiving) Jetpack physics I wouldn't really count on it.

Edited by triks
Just a quick tip.
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 12:09 AM, Havi said:

. Rockstar Games made a ‘RAGE to Unreal’ plugin that’s being used for the project. Another plugin made my Thomas Williamson, head of GSG, made a plugin for compatibility between old file types. 

Wouldn’t this be a “RenderWare to Unreal” plug-in? If I recall correctly the first GTA to use RAGE was GTA4.

13 minutes ago, damian001 said:

Wouldn’t this be a “RenderWare to Unreal” plug-in?

yes.

Cutter De Blanc
On 11/14/2021 at 12:27 AM, kasa said:

Are the hidden tattoos still there?

The San Fierro tattoo parlor was fixed, its not hidden anymore

geDYvFp.jpg

I couldn't find the second brothel or liberty city

EDIT: Found it by going to a sub urban then teleporting to -750.80 491.00 1371.70

HFm9G1W.png

K5DMYwe.png

We need to talk about this knife...

vdLfBZU.jpg

Edited by Kilowog01
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1

On 11/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, triks said:

I'll definitely take a look when I get the chance.

Not using a very uncommon form of flying, your missing out. :D

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

12 hours ago, Kilowog01 said:

geDYvFp.jpg

I couldn't find the second brothel or liberty city

EDIT: Found it by going to a sub urban then teleporting to -750.80 491.00 1371.70

HFm9G1W.png

K5DMYwe.png

We need to talk about this knife...

vdLfBZU.jpg

Awesome shot of the unused strip club, that one always made me laugh back in the day because of the constantly respawning peds lol.

By the way, nice find! I actually came across the UE console on Nexus about half n hour ago – doing this to get to LC instantly came to my mind, but you beat me to it...

...and yeah, what the hell is up with that monstrosity of a knife?! You'd literally need two people just to lift the damn thing!

10 hours ago, Xiled said:

Not using a very uncommon form of flying, your missing out. :D

Haha, good ol' Joshimuz. Used to watch some of his VCS speedruns a few years back.

I've actually pulled that trick off sucessfully once before, but I recall the setup being a right pain in the ass. 'Twas a good laugh, though!

Edited by triks
Grammar