1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Rockstar Launcher downtime - GTA Trilogy now back on PC

Mainline421

Kratos007
31 minutes ago, NasranSalleh said:

Greetings.

Does anybody know where we can store user music in the Trilogy DE games?

We can't.

• Bruh 2

NasranSalleh
1 minute ago, Kratos007 said:

We can't.

Oh, that's a bummer. But thanks for replying.

Looks like I will open VLC instead lol

• Like 2

StarJet905
2 hours ago, beatlemnkyhuman said:

I don't want a refund, I want to escape my miserable life and play video games.

That's it. Why aren't I allowed to play video games?

I just wanted a week of gta San Andreas, that's all I f*ckin wanted. 

Damn it all to hell.

Get a refund.
But if you have the old GTA SA, get silentpatch on it and start playing. Still runs wonderfully even on Windows 10 with silent's work.

33 minutes ago, Kratos007 said:

We can't.

Wait, so User Track Player really isn't in the PC version? Holy sh*t

• Like 3

Kratos007
4 minutes ago, StarJet905 said:

yes, another reason for me to get a refund.

this game just piece of shi.t

Edited by Kratos007
  • Like 2

StarJet905
3 minutes ago, Kratos007 said:

yes, another reason for me to get a refund.

this game just piece of shi.t

The PC version somehow got the most awful treatment all around 
Maybe Rockstar should just stop trying to release games there

• Bruh 1

beatlemnkyhuman
21 minutes ago, StarJet905 said:

Get a refund.
But if you have the old GTA SA, get silentpatch on it and start playing. Still runs wonderfully even on Windows 10 with silent's work.

I don't have the old games. I trusted rockstar. I'm a big dumb idiot. It's a miracle I've lived this long tbh kekw

Edited by beatlemnkyhuman

StarJet905
6 minutes ago, beatlemnkyhuman said:

I don't have the old games. I trusted rockstar. I'm a big dumb idiot. It's a miracle I've lived this long tbh kekw

Well then 

At least that's all the more reason to get a refund 

beatlemnkyhuman
7 minutes ago, StarJet905 said:

Well then 

At least that's all the more reason to get a refund 

But I want to play the games and I want to use the mods.

Im serious, I can play these games forever.

StarJet905
Just now, beatlemnkyhuman said:

But I want to play the games and I want to use the mods.

Im serious, I can play these games forever.

We don't know if this will remain moddable for long 

And even if you want to play it later, get a refund now. You can rebuy at a later date if/when the thing actually comes back up and you feel like it by then
Right now, the PC version is outright unplayable and everyone who can get a refund should do so.

Spider-Vice

Based on the fact that apparently the Switch version has some fixed textures (Top Bun is not a thing on Switch, unless everyone's still recycling memes and they did patch it on all platforms on day one), the .pak files are allegedly already encrypted post day one patch and even more leaks were present on that platform, I'm actually seriously starting to question GSG's source control pipeline - this kind of thing should not happen in a same-day multiplatform release. How are the contents of the builds so different to the point they are shipping more internal tools and code on one build than the other?

Is there no .gitignore? No .p4ignore if they use Perforce (like main R*) to ignore any tools, scripts or source code that may indeed be necessary to have inside the game build directories, so it doesn't actually make it to the main repo/build machine? Or if the issue was leaving it in the Unreal project directories and the games "cooked" with those files, did they just forget they were there and that those things shouldn't be shipped for retail?

Better yet, how are there texture fixes on one platform and not the other? Do they have a repo per platform and don't sync them up? Are the asset libraries different instead of being reused and compiled from the same source, with just format/resolution changes depending on platform? It's just weird. This is not to call GSG incompetent or lazy, as again, as I mentioned before, that's not how that works - but when you see stuff like this, you kind of start to question how organised they truly are, as the lead developers for the project.

No game development pipeline is perfect and most if not all of them have flaws, leftovers can happen in every single software build, but this just seems a little too careless when it involves leaving straight up tools and code in the build.

Obviously R* NYC as the publisher and as the ones who submit the builds to their own Launcher and other stores should have vetted this as well, and I feel like they trusted it too much and didn't accompany GSG's process closely enough, making the blame theirs as well, especially when it's not the first time GSG just leaves sensitive internal data in their games.

If this is the case, it might be yet another one of the reasons why the PC build is taking longer to be brought back, not only they may have to reorganise everything, but they probably want to make sure all the suable stuff that can be modded back in (soundtrack + potentially Hot Coffee) is nuked from the builds even if they encrypt the .pak's.

Again, I don't think GSG is completely doomed with this, and they will most certainly scramble to fix at least some of the issues, but I do think they need to be followed more closely by R*'s publishing if all of these mistakes are caused by their studio's pipeline, and R*'s publishing should work to ensure this doesn't happen instead of just (seemingly?) blindly trusting their work. If R* is to start outsourcing smaller projects like remasters to publish themselves, I think there needs to be a much higher level of scrutiny versus in-house projects.

And also once again, R* should really revamp their communication strategies because it doesn't benefit anyone being silent until the last moment. Why "maintenance" but not "there is an issue with the PC version of the GTA Trilogy and we had to disable the Rockstar Games Launcher", or if their security departments found the files, why not say from the get go "removing unauthorised files"? The Launcher was down for far too long, when all they could've done... is what they did on Friday night. Delist only the Trilogy. I assume a metric ton of meetings, potentially after-hours, happened to discuss the strategy, but on the outside it just looked plain messy.

Did they think it was a higher level security incident at first I wonder? Even then, within the first 3 hours they probably could've realised it was just a security incident with the game itself.

I don't mean to point fingers specifically at either company, they both are at fault in different ways, but in a sense I think the domino effect was caused mostly by one of the sides, there needs to be a level of self-awareness of your process as well, not just "handholding" from the publisher, although there also should be a level of "handholding" from the publisher to ensure these things don't happen.

I just wanna actually play the games myself (and legitimately...) so pls fix. :p 

EDIT: Apparently Top Bun is yet another pre-release meme, it's fixed on the PS5 too. Sigh people recycling memes from the first unfixed Aussie streams.

Edited by Spider-Vice

IzzyBlues

They really f*cked up with this release. Unless they pull a miracle out of their ass, I'm probably going to skip this altogether and save my money for something else. What I would give to be a fly on the wall at Rockstar right now.

• Like 3

Spider-Vice

That said, last night it looks like they added some minimum version numbers to the RGL files (title_metadata.json) which are way higher than the day 1 Trilogy release (1.0.0.14296), could be a good sign that there's a new build ready to push on PC, at least I hope so. I don't think it's a workaround to not let people play as it was delisted on Friday and these changes were added last night at 11:30 PM GMT.

"minRglVersion": "1.0.53.576",
			"minGameVersion": "1.0.0.14377",

This is most likely to force every owner to update when it's available again and to say that the game can only run if you use both those Launcher and game versions.

What is really annoying, the release was on the 11th, now it's already the 14th. Since 5:00 pm on November 11th, the launcher and the trilogy stopped playing. Now more than 3 days have passed and so far no feedback on how it will go on ... this is really an outrage on the part of Rockstar Games ... I thought the trilogy was great and GTA 3 is fun to play, but when will they bring it finally back on the pc?

• Like 2

BS_BlackScout

Welcome to DRM shenanigans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

That said, last night it looks like they added some minimum version numbers to the RGL files (title_metadata.json) which are way higher than the day 1 Trilogy release (1.0.0.14296), could be a good sign that there's a new build ready to push on PC, at least I hope so. I don't think it's a workaround to not let people play as it was delisted on Friday and these changes were added last night at 11:30 PM GMT.

I mean, in your honest opinion, how soon do you think we're looking at? If we're talking any longer than a day from now, I'm just gonna refund it. I really wanted to f*cking play it today because its my only day off lol. 

• Like 2

Spider-Vice

I'm hoping within 48 hours if that information is anything to go by and means what I think it means. :/ 

Kratos007
8 minutes ago, jamesos said:

I mean, in your honest opinion, how soon do you think we're looking at? If we're talking any longer than a day from now, I'm just gonna refund it. I really wanted to f*cking play it today because its my only day off lol. 

same bro, I didn't ask for refund yet because I still believe they will push some update soon.

Edited by Kratos007

Changing the textures is by far one of the easy tasks, because no code involved. Do you think they will update the characters models? 

• KEKW 2

1 hour ago, WhizKey said:

What is really annoying, the release was on the 11th, now it's already the 14th. Since 5:00 pm on November 11th, the launcher and the trilogy stopped playing. Now more than 3 days have passed and so far no feedback on how it will go on ... this is really an outrage on the part of Rockstar Games ... I thought the trilogy was great and GTA 3 is fun to play, but when will they bring it finally back on the pc?

So I think they only remove the licensed music and these code snippets that no one should have seen. That's it.

20 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I'm hoping within 48 hours if that information is anything to go by and means what I think it means. :/ 

Another question, since it seems you're pretty well versed with datamining, coding, or whatever; why has it taken them this long to remove what seems to be simple audio files and bits of scripting?

30 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Hopefully not more then 24hrs, i even didnt finish downloading SA.. i mean damn!

2 companies that f*ck over GTA players on PC

Circa 2021.

8Wc0ZPL.jpg

Edited by ragesje
  • KEKW 2

1 hour ago, WhizKey said:

So I think they only remove the licensed music and these code snippets that no one should have seen. That's it.

And took them forever to deploy?

I doubt that

BroomstickFanatic

Anyone know a way to play without RGL?

Try first to connect to RGL (you can't open GTA without that), and try to open GTA by game folder

BroomstickFanatic
5 minutes ago, FulVal85 said:

Try first to connect to RGL (you can't open GTA without that), and try to open GTA by game folder

That doesn't work. Am I just going to have to wait?

Cracked launcher I guess. But that will prevent you from scoring Accomplishments on your Social Club account.

Spider-Vice

The game is back on the Launcher, as predicted!

• Realistic Steak! 2