GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

10 minutes ago, MimoKroko said:

I was able to remove this stupid bloody screen, but instead it turned out to be white :)

B8mlt0VdkMM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9AB0K0U36A-8.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

What if you dont remove it? Replace it with a completely transparent .png file might work

1 minute ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Guys, how easy are games to mod? As far as I understand it seems like they are easier to mod than before..

Yup, God bless America and Unreal Engine

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TomasRossOk said:

What if you dont remove it? Replace it with a completely transparent .png file might work

Yup, God bless America and Unreal Engine

That's great to hear!

@almico Looks like it might be possible to get your Tommy remake ingame someday :)

• Like 2

Trying to make my first experimental car mod. I have built it, repacked it but I think it's have naming issues I think. It's not replacing the mesh.

But trying hard until I figure it out. 

9iaVl26.png

9 minutes ago, TomasRossOk said:

Yep, but I need a UE for this, while downloading I tried to fix the Asset Editor

has anyone here figured out if the original pc savegames can be converted for the UE4 version of the games?

Just now, nyan200 said:

do you guys think that it's possible to add cars and not replace them just like in gta 5 ?

Not yet. 

In reference to Vice City (not sure if the other 2 games are affected by this)

Anyone figured out a way to stop the y-axis of the camera from auto centering on the screen?

Or alternatively, if its possible to restore the old 'standard controls' scheme instead of the 'classic/standard' controls hybrid we have at the moment?

Edited by Hanney

1 minute ago, Hanney said:

Anyone figured out a way to stop the y-axis of the camera from auto centering on the screen?

Or alternatively, if its possible to restore the old 'standard controls' scheme instead of the 'classic/standard' controls hybrid we have at the moment?

We would need more reverse engineering for that. U guys need to understand it's unreal engine. Not RW, not RAGE. A whole New and different dimension.

42 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

Lol they made candy suxx fat

oh they removed the game on Pc 

hahahahahahah

rockstar is a joke.. i mean a big fat failed joke

20 minutes ago, Precursors Fun World said:

has anyone here figured out if the original pc savegames can be converted for the UE4 version of the games?

seeing the game is using a lot of the original scripting language, but as unreal engine for its base not RW, in theory, it means whatever the translation layer is right now, that same layer should be possible to be utilised to convert saves,  that will be on the unreal side, unless they decided to keep files similar, I havent looked at the save files it produces so cant confirm 100% either way how easy or hard its gonna be. Things gonna be really easy once we unpack the encrypted files

10 minutes ago, noname_dev said:

We would need more reverse engineering for that. U guys need to understand it's unreal engine. Not RW, not RAGE. A whole New and different dimension.

from everything we seen in engine, its not even just unreal engine, its unreal engine with a translation layer that allows it to very well execute the same functions that renderware did as well as elements of rage (not sure if any code is from rage but assets so far seem to be in shared format)

1 hour ago, ThePedro004 said:

gta3img textures are loose (no more TXD names, all the game textures are loose and with the prefix T_

they have _BC in the end for Diffuse and _N for the Normal Maps

Also, the textures are separated in categories.

This is what it's like in GSG's mobile ports - no txds, all textures loose but contained in a .txt file. 

Guys i bet stupidstargames are sh*tting themselves right now because we uncovered files that were not suppose to see, and the "maintenance " is just a cover up so they can lock files, or its just a guess :prismkek:

But its already too late for them

BS_BlackScout
10 minutes ago, sixpence said:

If just everybody spoke Portugese...

Translation (I speak Portuguese natively):

1 - Create an Epic account and download EGL (Epic Games Launcher). On EGL, download Unreal Engine 4.26, open it and create an empty project.
Imagem

2 - With the empty scene open, press Ctrl + A to select everything and press Delete. Select "Yes All" to remove all default objects, etc.
Repeat the same step for the right side menu.
Go to File - Save All, close Unreal Engine and the Epic Games Launcher.

Imagem
3 - Go to your project's folder (in this case, the Documents folder) and go to "Unreal Projects", "MyProject" and erase all of the content inside the "Content" folder.
Now you have a clean ?working folder?.

4 - Open Unreal Engine, select your project and drag your assets to the lower part of UE.
Imagem

5 - Go to "File", select "Save All", click on Prepare Content for Windows (or similar who knows)
Imagem

6 - Go to your project's folder and grab your compiled files in the "Content" folder.
Imagem

7 - Create folders following the same directory structure as per the original files.
Imagem

8 - Open the AssetEditor, select "Functions" -> "Package Folder", then select the folder with the archives. You'll be able to generate a .pak in the same directory.

(Can't help but notice the 4.25 thing there but I didn't write the tutorial anyway)
Imagem

9 - Go to folder where "gta.pak" is located and create a folder called "~mods", place your mod(s) there.

Edited by BS_BlackScout

Are you dragging the uasset files straight from folder into the Unreal Engine content box? That'll give you the error. They need to be in the Content folder in file explorer.

I may have missed how we replace textures, I want to tackle that before I attempt anything more. I see we have a vehicle imported into what's probably Maya 3D? I only use Blender.

Would be nice to have all this info in a sticky perhaps or put into the OP once we gather enough information.

Edited by Digital_X

4 minutes ago, ilufir said:

Tried putting old vc mods like main.scm, animations or weapon dat - it works like in the original

That's actually pretty cool. TheNGclan once did a mod that restores PS2 animations which were butchered on PC and other ports. This would work nicely :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barbarossa178 said:

What?

Hide contents

fced4eec37d8c5a7290a68089a1ee34c.png

You have to save the audio files. It cannot read that format 😛 FMODEL can export audio.

4 minutes ago, Jinx. said:

That's actually pretty cool. TheNGclan once did a mod that restores PS2 animations which were butchered on PC and other ports. This would work nicely :)

I guess that missing animations and ped speech could be added easily.

hey , if anyone is willing to take a request, just to test if it's possible, can someone change CJ's default Pant's texture? he is literally using a upscaled version of his 2004 pants and it looks goddamn awful compared to the rest of textures of his wardbrobe pieces or any other peds in general

GSG really got lazy in a lot of aspects for san andreas, and the pants are one of the many times that are really bothersome

Edited by Precursors Fun World

Just now, ChubbyB0b said:

I guess that missing animations and ped speech could be added easily.

Ped speech would definitely need a script. Depending on how close the game is to the originals, the old script could perhaps be ported over.

8 minutes ago, Digital_X said:

Are you dragging the uasset files straight from folder into the Unreal Engine content box? That'll give you the error. They need to be in the Content folder in file explorer.

No, that wouldn't work, the uasset files you can extract from .paks are encrypted and are not compatible with the editor. Any files you want to change, you have to create from whatever source files it has, so for textures you would import a tga/png/whatever.