1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Definitive Edition Modding Tutorials by @Havi

rtx raytracing is coming according to a banner on the Nvidia driver !!!! ❤️

• excuseme 2

Has anyone been able to get the cutscenes to work in 21:9? I tried changing some hex-values with HXD but no luck. Also a big thank you to all of you in the community for the fixes and improvements to the game.

29 minutes ago, R2star said:

The only banners I see are about DLSS, I don't see any indication of raytracing features being announced?

CaptiveNut
47 minutes ago, R2star said:

There was some mention of RTX in the original config files before the gta.pak was edited for PC players.  It wasn't fully there that I could see, but I reckon a few people noticed it and were expecting it.

akraminsev

friends, tell me how to make a texture of poor quality, in the HD version?
ePWghHI.jpg

CaptiveNut

Starting on a wheel replacement for Vice City with original textures but more detailed wheels.  Looking ok so far.  Might do some full custom and detailed ones after this.

Alloy-mod-ingame.png

OrphicNinja

Figured out that its possible to use any texture for the radar so I went ahead and put this together 

EofMvYm.jpg

Get the mod here if you like it: Radar Mod

LeakyLine
8 hours ago, womanyetha said:

Do you guys know how can i manage my mods' load order?

Change the numbers that the .pak files have at the front of the filename. 1 is lowest priority.

KleinMarquez

Unreal Engine modding still annoys me, like how MW2019 Weapon Sounds Mod made Cut Radio Songs Restored not compatible. And also Improved Busted Screen doesn't work even though deleting another mod like Better Rain that uses GTAIII folder or changing number priority won't solve it.

Edited by KleinMarquez

about gta san andreas: i like to have the minigun in the loadout instead of the rocket launcher , but i noticed that even if i modify the weapon.dat the game deliberately avoid to include the minigun in the group of the heavy weapons , so that block may be somewhere else , what file do you think it can contain that block ?

"ObjectPath": "Gameface/Content/SanAndreas/Weapons/T_gun_m4_BC.0"

Anyone knows what ".0" at the end means?

Kilowog01

Here...have some nightmare fuel!

1Y3GU0C.jpg

Theoretically this model is NSFW, but my rigging/weight painting is so disastrous that the model censored itself lol

• KEKW 2

37 minutes ago, YIbnuN said:

Anyone knows what ".0" at the end means?

this is the export index

in this case, it is referencing the first (and probably the only) export of the file "Gameface/Content/SanAndreas/Weapons/T_gun_m4_BC"
an export will always have a type, a name, and a list of properties. All UE assets contain a list of exports

you may sometimes see "Gameface/Content/SanAndreas/Weapons/T_gun_m4_BC.T_gun_m4_BC"
it is the same thing but instead, it uses the export name to pinpoint a specific export in the asset

• Like 3

Can someone make Biggie CJ head please 😂

Was wondering something. When I go inside any clothing store in SA I get this huge FPS drop from 70 to like 20. Does anyone else also have this problem and can you find what's causing it? Interiors should have even better performance than outside but damn

Edited by pi4a7a

womanyetha
3 hours ago, Kilowog01 said:

Here...have some nightmare fuel!

1Y3GU0C.jpg

Theoretically this model is NSFW, but my rigging/weight painting is so disastrous that the model censored itself lol

I'd like to use this as my main character

is someone trying to modify the values of the weapons in gta vice city ? because i barely modified some values and the game just crashed with a "fatal error" screen o.O, but i barely ported the loop values of the fire animation from a weapon to another one o.O , probably is a block and not something that i did wrong , so watch out people :O

20 minutes ago, occrlop said:

is someone trying to modify the values of the weapons in gta vice city ? because i barely modified some values and the game just crashed with a "fatal error" screen o.O, but i barely ported the loop values of the fire animation from a weapon to another one o.O , probably is a block and not something that i did wrong , so watch out people :O

I'm just waiting for someone to create better models for the guns. They look huge and ridiculous especially the python.

Just now, gjk-23__ said:

I'm just waiting for someone to create better models for the guns. They look huge and ridiculous especially the python.

how curious that you mentioned the python now that i am modifying it's values , in any case i perfectly remember that the game never crashed in the original version , it happened that some values caused the weapon to not work as intented , but it never crashed for something stupid as apply the animation loop from another weapon like it is doing now

4 minutes ago, occrlop said:

how curious that you mentioned the python now that i am modifying it's values , in any case i perfectly remember that the game never crashed in the original version , it happened that some values caused the weapon to not work as intented , but it never crashed for something stupid as apply the animation loop from another weapon like it is doing now

My only guess is why they look huge is to fit in the new hands even though I think some of them clip through the hands anyway.

Just now, gjk-23__ said:

My only guess is why they look huge is to fit in the new hands even though I think some of them clip through the hands anyway.

oh i see , but i also need to know something about what i said , in the original version i managed to increase the speed of all the weapons , and now instead the game crash almost each time i modify it

i even reinstalled the game , still crash if i barely place the animation loop values that come from another weapon , and again , all modifications that i applied to the original version with no problem at all , now it just crash with the damn fatal error of unreal engine , hmm , maybe it depend on the fact that the game cause conflicts between the data in the big .pak file and the one in the mods folder ? this didn't happened with gta san andreas

ok i started to notice some reasons for that damn fatal error , it seem that change the P section in the weapons.dat called "animation to play" mess up with some weapons , but still , i perfectly remember that i actually managed in the original game to apply the one hand stance to each single weapon , so sick and tired of playable characters who use weapons with two hands like they are some skinny girl trying to tame a dog on a leash that is 10 times bigger than her , one f*cking hand , that's the way for handing weapons :D

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 8:10 PM, TheCrazyMercenary said:

GSG is not supposed to be blamed for this

Why?? Why Have you decided that? 

Whos at fault here? NOT the people that worked on the sh*tty ports?? What?!

You're allowed to be mad at the terrible work done by the said worker, AS WELL as the party that wrote the contract and hired the worker... 

What logic are you using where its literally only the fault of the person that hired them? 

Did you know... the multi billion dollar company couldve hired someone better 😦😦 that must be shocking to you, i know.

Stop supporting these people. They never cared. Your acting a fool defending someone using your fanship as a tool for quick profit... 1wkt671weo181.png?width=1547&format=png&

FullMetal

Haven't seen anyone busy with this deal yet so here it goes. I'm very curious to see GRIM's firearm models and textures return in the GTA Definitive Edition. To me those were always must install mods and it would be cool to see them return.

https://www.gtagaming.com/grims-weapon-pack-volume-iii-f1546.html

https://www.gtagaming.com/grim-s-weapon-pack-volume-ii-f1518.html

https://www.gtagaming.com/grim-s-weapon-pack-volume-i-f1400.html

https://www.gtagaming.com/grim-s-weapon-pack-volume-iii-mac-10-expansion-pack-f1545.html

And again, all the bright minds working modding out for the definitive edition and fixing the job GSG did: you guys are under appreciated and deserve so much credit!

thalilmythos
1 hour ago, kas-loc said:

Why?? Why Have you decided that? 

Whos at fault here? NOT the people that worked on the sh*tty ports?? What?!

You're allowed to be mad at the terrible work done by the said worker, AS WELL as the party that wrote the contract and hired the worker... 

What logic are you using where its literally only the fault of the person that hired them? 

Did you know... the multi billion dollar company couldve hired someone better 😦😦 that must be shocking to you, i know.

Stop supporting these people. They never cared. Your acting a fool defending someone using your fanship as a tool for quick profit... 1wkt671weo181.png?width=1547&format=png&

There's a BITCH AND MOAN topic, go there to BITCH AND MOAN we're modding here.

• Like 8

akraminsev
21 hours ago, OrphicNinja said:

Figured out that its possible to use any texture for the radar so I went ahead and put this together 

EofMvYm.jpg

Get the mod here if you like it: Radar Mod

please tell me in which folder should I look for map textures for VC DE? I also want to transfer it, only in VC

It would be nice If these games were split in 3 mod topics based on each game instead of putting them all together in one forum.

How can I get Ultimate ASI Loader working in SA:DE? I want to try CLEO Redux.
I followed the installation guide and it says to rename the loader to dsound.dll or something compatible... but I don't know where to put it. It doesn't work in the same path with SanAndreas.exe

• Like 2