GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

27 minutes ago, hoquillo said:

Yeah, that's a crucial step in the process of modding UE4 based games. You can't simply put the .uasset into the ~mods folder, first you need to create the .pak file for the game to read it. Every UE4 game works with .paks.

I did pack the cooked files into a .pak file and used that, I did have both those .uasset and .uexp files together, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work then.

8 minutes ago, simkas said:

I did pack the cooked files into a .pak file and used that, I did have both those .uasset and .uexp files together, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work then.

It should. 

I really wonder how the modding community of other UE4 games with similar assets size checker bypassed it... 

2 minutes ago, hoquillo said:

It should. 

I really wonder how the modding community of other UE4 games with similar assets size checker bypassed it... 

I did originally use UnrealPak to pack it before, the guide I found on that Aliens discord seems to suggest using a different program, I will try to pack using that, maybe that will somehow bypass the check.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simkas said:

I did originally use UnrealPak to pack it before, the guide I found on that Aliens discord seems to suggest using a different program, I will try to pack using that, maybe that will somehow bypass the check.

Tons of luck pal, keep us updated! 

• Like 1

To make modding possible, someone need to find an adress for "GNames", "GObjects" a"GWorld" and "UObject::ProcessEvent" function.

Already tested  that addresses for example of position are dynamic, so without pointer to world, global array of objects we can do nothing

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/unreal-engine-4-a/234317-uworld-offset.html

17 minutes ago, nichigo13 said:

https://www.mixmods.com.br/2021/11/sade-naruto-pedifp-correr-como-naruto.html

mixmods just released their second mod for the definitive edition. so it begins... hoping we can get some tutorial soon.

Huh, so if he replaced the internal ped.ifp file, that means that the game is still using animations from the original files. That means that any animation mod for the original games should work here if repackaged correctly.

• Like 3

aboy_trappedinabox

Due The Poor Optimiztion That Grove Street Games Did to The DE I Wish The Modding Community Create Mods That Stablize The Game For Low End Rigs if 
this Happens Then I Will Happily Buy Those Games
Lol Dont Lets Us Down 😢

1 hour ago, hoquillo said:

Tons of luck pal, keep us updated! 

Regarding this, the .pak file packed using that other tool did not trigger that "serial size mismatch" error, but I did get an error about "corrupt data found", which is at least different. I will see if I maybe messed up something with the packed files.

I'm hoping that the guy from that mixmods website might post something regarding modding since he did manage to edit some texture.

Edited by simkas

Checked out that texture mod. There are some payload headers. Maybe he used some code for it? :O

BULKDATA_PayloadInSeperateFile	If set, payload is stored in a .upack file alongside the uasset.

hmmm.

Edited by noname_dev

So. Could someone please provide in one archive all the uncompiled scm scripts and main.scm that were found in the GTA San Andreas Definitive Edition files? I will be very grateful!🙏

1 minute ago, zakkaz said:

It's still a mod of MixMods.

Yeah? I made it, lol.

(I mean, i converted the original mod to SA:DE)

1 minute ago, ThePedro004 said:

Yeah? I made it, lol.

What packing method did you use? :) Would you share with us?

3 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

Yeah? I made it, lol.

Love the white tank top mod lol.

also what program/software did you use? that doesn't give an error

Edited by Aymen123
correction

8 minutes ago, Raskul said:

So. Could someone please provide in one archive all the uncompiled scm scripts and main.scm that were found in the GTA San Andreas Definitive Edition files? I will be very grateful!🙏

Much like all previous games, directly sharing unmodded files from any of the games isn't allowed, please do not do it in this topic.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

4 minutes ago, noname_dev said:

What packing method did you use? :) Would you share with us?

Yeah:

Download Unrealpak

Pick your mod files and place in the following structure:

ModName/Gameface/Content/SanAndreas/(here are the files you modify as an example)

Then drag the ModName folder to the UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat

It will generate a pak, rename it to 500-Modname_P.pak

the _P is an argument to tell Unreal this is a patch, dunno if it works tbh.

then place it in the ~mods folder which is located in the same folder as the gta.pak

For textures, you will need to generate the ubulk, uasset and uexp in Unreal Engine 4.26.2.

Edited by ThePedro004

5 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

Yeah? I made it, lol.

I saw a post on facebook they said something like "We was the first made a Mod for DE", but maybe I am wrong.

Well done m8.
I'll sure use that mod.

3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Как и во всех предыдущих играх, прямой обмен немодифицированными файлами из любой из игр запрещен, пожалуйста, не делайте этого в этой теме.

Of course, I'm sorry.

• Like 1

Vice City DE ain't that bad afterall, I watched more gameplay videos and noticed that a lot of stuff that LF Mod fixed in original is also fixed in DE. However, there's also stuff from LF mod which DE didn't fix, which begs the question how can they fix some stuff and not the rest while also breaking something that was never broken in the first place. Really weird.

Just now, zakkaz said:

I saw a post on facebook they said something like "We was the first made a Mod for DE", but maybe I am wrong.

Well done m8.
I'll sure use that mod.

Yeah, It was Jéssica Natália. We helped each other until we found the structure for packing the .paks.

Yeah:

Download Unrealpak

Pick your mod files and place in the following structure:

ModName/Gameface/Content/SanAndreas/(here are the files you modify as an example)

Then drag the ModName folder to the UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat

It will generate a pak, rename it to 500-Modname_P.pak

the _P is an argument to tell Unreal this is a patch, dunno if it works tbh.

then place it in the ~mods folder which is located in the same folder as the gta.pak

For textures, you will need to generate the ubulk, uasset and uexp in Unreal Engine 4.26.2.

By UnrealPak do you mean the same UnrealPak that comes with the engine itself?

1 minute ago, simkas said:

By UnrealPak do you mean the same UnrealPak that comes with the engine itself?

You can find it on github. 

Yeah, It was Jéssica Natália. We helped each other until we found the structure for packing the .paks.

Totally right.
Do you will make a video tutorial?

It'll be so usefull.

1 minute ago, zakkaz said:

Totally right.
Do you will make a video tutorial?

It'll be so usefull.

As soon as I download Unreal Engine :)