GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

5 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

So people would be interested in a restored radio mod for this right? Just getting a feel of it before I waste my time.

Damn Right, I endorse this future mod

I wonder if mods like Handling mods, ped data mods, ar data mods, weapon data mods, and so on, from the former Versions of the games, would work when used on the definitive edition.

• Like 1

Here's the cheat list for SA Definitive Edition PC made by @Parik:

https://pastebin.com/sEp1nTHf

It seems the game uses the proper cheat code as well as a random collection of the old hash collision ones (probably so people don't complain when HESOYAM doesn't work)
The three cheat codes from consoles are present now: DOTHEPIMPCHEAT, TAXINITRO, DRIVEONWATER
As well as the new Big Heads code: EXPANDDOME

Edited by MrMateczko
  • Like 3

Only good thing about this Trilogy is that as usual they have leaked plenty of data about the originals development.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Havi said:

1. Download UnrealPakTool

2. Unpack the .rar file and open Crypto.JSON

3. Generate a Base64 Key here and paste it in the JSON on line 13 between the "

4. Copy the gta.pak into the UnrealPakTool folder to make things easier and open up the command prompt

5. Enter in the following command (<ExtractDir> is the path where it's going to be extracted to): 

UnrealPak gta.pak -Extract <ExtractDir> -Filter

Size: 35,0 GB (37.656.766.719 bytes)

Contains: 100.303 Files, 1.278 Folders

Unreal Engine Version: 4.26 (AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\<UE Version Folder>)

There will be raw files.

I cannot seem to get this working.

CMD responds with 'UnrealPak' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What is shown is: C:\Users\(userhere)> UnrealPak gta.pak -Extract C:\Users\(userhere)\Documents\GTA 3 EXTRACT -Filter

Never really looked into UE unpacking so I'm a fish out of water.

I bet it's something proper simple that I'm doing wrong.

Edited by DGX

3 minutes ago, DGX said:

I cannot seem to get this working.

CMD responds with 'UnrealPak' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What is shown is: C:\Users\(userhere)> UnrealPak gta.pak -Extract C:\Users\(userhere)\Documents\GTA 3 EXTRACT -Filter

Never really looked into UE unpacking so I'm a fish out of water.

I bet it's something proper simple that I'm doing wrong.

In your CMD, navigate to the folder where UnrealPak is located. And then once you are in that directory, you can execute any arguments related to UnrealPak but it needs to be in the same directory.

1. Open up your CMD and enter this (your path where UnrealPakTool is located)
2. Once you've done that, you can use the commands. Make sure that gta.pak is in the same folder as UnrealPakTool

cd /d C:\Users\Havi\Desktop\UnrealPakTool

Edited by Havi

6 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Does this mean that all we need to do to get removed songs back is convert them to same format and just put in there?

yes think so

39 minutes ago, DGX said:

Gotcha, cheers.

Maybe not... This looks right to me. CMD start line is where the UnrealPakTool folder is on the Desktop with the gta.pak in it. The key is on the JSON line 13.

ohhh hang on, does the gta.pak need to be in the "-Extract" folder? I thought that's where it was extracting to?

No, put the gta.pak in the same folder where the UnrealPak.exe is. And yes, the files will be extracted to -Extract folder.
I'm not sure but I think your issue might be that your GTA 3 EXTRACT -folder name contains spaces.
Try renaming the folder to GTA_3_EXTRACT for example. Or, try putting the path inside quotation marks "".

Like this: C:\Users\ctxei\Desktop\UnrealPakTool>UnrealPak gta.pak -Extract "C:\Users\ctxei\Documents\GTA 3 EXTRACT" -Filter

I renamed it to "extract" and its working now, so possibly could have been that. Thanks for looking out!

On a side note, how do I get a username change?

Edited by DGX

Got it thanks.

I unpacked some of it, but with a lot of errors. It only extracted 8.16GB of data.

A lot of "pakentry mismatch" I'll leave the cmd up if I can copy and paste it somewhere to be looked at.

20 minutes ago, Digital_X said:

Got it thanks.

I unpacked some of it, but with a lot of errors. It only extracted 8.16GB of data.

A lot of "pakentry mismatch" I'll leave the cmd up if I can copy and paste it somewhere to be looked at.

I was facing a similar issue. I'm using FModel just now and it seems to be working better for me.

• YEE 1

1 minute ago, BS_BlackScout said:

Y'all seen the funky texture?
F4yDK5g.png

is top right part of gta v map or is it something new? i dont think i ever see that when playing gtav

BS_BlackScout

Probably Guarma from RDR2 (ngl haven't played enough of the game to see the island LMAO), but don't be surprised if people go wild and speculate that it's something else lol

Edited by BS_BlackScout
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

OK I ran Fmodel, and everything extracted seemingly without a hitch.

I only extracted Gameface contents, is that enough? Has a lot of UEassets files in folders now.

I really hope somebody mods the game to use the original map colours in III and VC, and also original menus sounds, maybe restore original Wasted and Busted fonts

• Like 2

Not sure what I did wrong exporting the files, I get UASSETS and that's it. ideally I want to extract textures, modify and repack.

Still early days  (for me too!)  Fingers crossed I can figure it out.

Lock n' Stock

I wish you guys the best in correcting the MANY mistakes with this version. Don't let those worthless lumps of dried up dogsh*t at Take-Two discourage you. Happily mod away at this as you did with the originals.

I honestly think this game is beyond saving at this point, I tried to play gta 3 but stopped when I noticed they placed the door at the bitchin dog food factory f*cking upside-down... I'm thinking it would be more worth it to port the good stuff from this into the original game

arturo_baptista
1 minute ago, zanesix said:

I honestly think this game is beyond saving at this point, I tried to play gta 3 but stopped when I noticed they placed the door at the bitchin dog food factory f*cking upside-down... I'm thinking it would be more worth it to port the good stuff from this into the original game

Renderware is too old for this actions. It will explode from one HQ Claude model. I think it will be better to fix the bugs in Remaster than change something in original game.

1 minute ago, arturo_baptista said:

Renderware is too old for this actions. It will explode from one HQ Claude model. I think it will be better to fix the bugs in Remaster than change something in original game.

I dunno, the way I see it there are 2 options

A) Spend an indefinite amount of time catching the quality of DE up to its original releases or

B) Just port the good assets to the original game and add all the fancy stuff later, most of which has already been done

To me one sounds significantly faster than the other, and in the long run would probably look better. Also assuming GSG is regularly patching the game, which I hope to GOD they will, stuff will constantly keep breaking and have to be updated or changed which is a whole other nuisance.