Jump to content

GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding


TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Recommended Posts

GTA3:

-It's just PC audio converted to OGG-VORBIS

 

SAN ANDREAS:

-THE CUT MUSIC HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE FILES, THEY'RE JUST DISABLED BY SCRIPT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

GTA3:

-It's just PC audio converted to OGG-VORBIS

 

SAN ANDREAS:

-THE CUT MUSIC HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE FILES, THEY'RE JUST DISABLED BY SCRIPT!

What about VC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

GTA3:

-It's just PC audio converted to OGG-VORBIS

 

SAN ANDREAS:

-THE CUT MUSIC HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE FILES, THEY'RE JUST DISABLED BY SCRIPT!

 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h2gvxwobp2g6l92h23

Not so bad guys after all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

So people would be interested in a restored radio mod for this right? Just getting a feel of it before I waste my time.

Absolutely.

signature? i hardly knew her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

GTA3:

-It's just PC audio converted to OGG-VORBIS

 

SAN ANDREAS:

-THE CUT MUSIC HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE FILES, THEY'RE JUST DISABLED BY SCRIPT!

What about VC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Havi said:

Path: Gameface\Content\OriginalData\GTASA\data
ap3SoTB.png

what are you using to extract the content? ue viewer doesnt seems to let extract files or navigate through that folder you mention

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 12:11 AM, RRT94 said:

What about VC?

Probably the same as GTA 3.

 

EDIT: Nope. Ash said Vice City was split in seperate tracks.

Edited by Panzermann11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

So people would be interested in a restored radio mod for this right? Just getting a feel of it before I waste my time.

I'd definitely be interested in a mod that restores audio quality in case it's been butchered. Eventually a SFX mod that adds in the "I designed the PS2". I pray sfx can be copy pasted frol the old games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

GTA3:

-It's just PC audio converted to OGG-VORBIS

 

SAN ANDREAS:

-THE CUT MUSIC HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE FILES, THEY'RE JUST DISABLED BY SCRIPT!

What about the audio quality?
Did they remaster each radio station with newer studio versions of the tracks or is it plain upscaled OGG?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A modding topic? I thought modding was bad behavior™ that causes irreparable harm!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

12 minutes ago, feversection said:

What about the audio quality?
Did they remaster each radio station with newer studio versions of the tracks or is it plain upscaled OGG?

Grand Theft Auto 3 is just the PC audio converted to OGG VORBIS, VC and SA however are new converts, sadly low bitrate (128kbps VBR) but have an actual higher used frequency range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, guard3 said:

A modding topic? I thought modding was bad behavior™ that causes irreparable harm!

 

It's bad behavior when they lose money. This is their latest so they are fine with it. It's just business to them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

GTA3:

-It's just PC audio converted to OGG-VORBIS

 

SAN ANDREAS:

-THE CUT MUSIC HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE FILES, THEY'RE JUST DISABLED BY SCRIPT!

Unfortunately, I didn't really follow this situation - in the Definitive Edition, the same tracks are missing on the radio on the occasion of the expiration of the license, as for example in Steam and the mobile version? Am I right? 
In this case, it reminds me of the situation with the mobile version - there the cut tracks were also present in the sound archives, but were not played due to a lock in the game code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

 

 

Grand Theft Auto 3 is just the PC audio converted to OGG VORBIS, VC and SA however are new converts, sadly low bitrate (128kbps VBR) but have an actual higher used frequency range.

Does this mean that all we need to do to get removed songs back is convert them to same format and just put in there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Igor Bogdanoff
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

So people would be interested in a restored radio mod for this right? Just getting a feel of it before I waste my time.

good modding this sh*t, when all is in one pak file and rgl is a bitch when it comes to modding

rLDswx2.png1626894873381.gifyardies-in-pip-2022.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ItachiAkai said:

what are you using to extract the content? ue viewer doesnt seems to let extract files or navigate through that folder you mention

seconding this: can't seem to find it.

 

edit: seems like you can use gta-unpak.

Edited by apdapreturns
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Raskul said:

Unfortunately, I didn't really follow this situation - in the Definitive Edition, the same tracks are missing on the radio on the occasion of the expiration of the license, as for example in Steam and the mobile version? Am I right? 
In this case, it reminds me of the situation with the mobile version - there the cut tracks were also present in the sound archives, but were not played due to a lock in the game code.

 

GRAND THEFT AUTO 3

- This is just the PC audio converted to OGG-VORBIS

 

VICE CITY

- Every radio station has been split up at key points and goes in order of track number, any songs that were removed for the 10th Anniversary are missing here

 

SAN ANDREAS

- ALL MUSIC IS HERE, it's just disabled by script

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ash_735 said:

 

ГРАНД КРАЖА АВТО 3

- Это просто компьютерный звук, преобразованный в OGG-VORBIS

 

ВИЦЕ-ГОРОД

- Каждая радиостанция была разделена по ключевым моментам и идет в порядке номеров треков, любые песни, которые были удалены к 10-й годовщине, здесь отсутствуют

 

САН-АНДРЕАС

- ВСЯ МУЗЫКА ЗДЕСЬ, просто отключена скриптом

I mean exactly San Andreas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excuse my ignorance but how exactly would I do that? everytime I even try previewing something the tool says pick a version, I do then it gives an error and closes out I must be doing something wrong lol

Edited by BRONXBX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So all the assets are in one .pak file. Not familiar with it, but is it normally possible to modify those files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.