GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Just now, Gforce said:

Don't give up, it's not hard to create a shortcut, right mouse over the game exe and go down to send to \ desktop(create shortcut) in the context menus, right mouse over the shortcut and go to properties, then copy the picture

ejdxqDk.jpg

But i didn't give up yet im still searching for a way to do it but thanks 

2 minutes ago, Prst said:

In general, if I were you, I wouldn't make mods for a remaster out of principle

why that? 

4 minutes ago, Prst said:

It's not a remaster, it's an ENB and a texture upscaler for 60 dollars

5 minutes ago, Prst said:

Sure, we might forget about it and let it go. 

But the difference between us and Rockstar/Take Two is that we are gentlemen/gentlewomen, we don't care Take Two can sue our asses, we don't care they released a low quality product. We, unlike the monkey corporations, have indeed principles.

4 minutes ago, WhitePolarFox said:

Hello guys. Just added russian dub for "legendary scene"

Есть же новая русская озвучка, хотя эта конечно имеет некоторую атмосферу. Как будто VHS кино 90х

https://libertycity.ru/files/gta-vice-city/139740-novyjj-rusifikator-gta-vice-city-2020.html

3 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

But the difference between us and Rockstar/Take Two is that we are gentlemen/gentlewomen, we don't care Take Two can sue our asses, we don't care they released a low quality product. We, unlike the monkey corporations, have indeed principles.

It seems to me that this makes no sense, given the technical condition of the remaster. I'd rather wait for re3/revC to unlock and make mods for it, having the source code opens up endless possibilities.

2 minutes ago, zukmario said:

i wouldn't say that.. not defending anyone here and 60$ is a helluva price tbh.. but it's still a porting. I see a lot of great things coming in the modding community now that we don't have to deal with RederWare limitations anymore. I mean sure, i was the first person who hoped in a RAGE engine remake but that was never the plan. I Was skeptical at the beginning but i am starting to see the bigger picture. The game is out since 2 DAYS and we are doing so much progress already. In 6 Months (ok maybe I'm being too optimistic here..) we'll probably see stuff like huge map mods with all 3 GTAs in one if they keep the pace.. Integrating new Models and Textures between Games seems like an easier task to me as all 3 games are now way more "similar" to each other. This is not so bad imo. From a console gamer standpoint.. well.. things gets a lil more itchy:D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AmW_47_2 said:

But they already gave me the method of the unrealpaktool and i didn't get it i tried it but nothing

For easy method for me i create folder for unrealpak compile and unrealpak extract, then for extract i move gta.pak to extract then drag n drop to unrealextract.bat

Edited by zeck48

8 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

right exactly.. There is no expectations and no deadlines in the Modding community.. no big amount of money and surely no company reputation involved. We should not care and proceed doing what we have always done, making good games great. 

15 minutes ago, zukmario said:

its really not though, this set up technically allows for much better mod support than ever before. Modders did most the work for free in past, for this its really not bad cost if it was better optimised and waited on release. Hopefully GSG get the time and funds they require, they were on right track. The way they moved games to new engine reminds me a lot of past mods like SA:Render and other replacements, except this one is compatible with all the mods for most part

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zeck48 said:

For easy method for me i create folder for unrealpak compile and unrealpak extract, then for extract i move gta.pak to extract then drag n drop to unrealextract.bat

I put the gta.pak in a random file in desktop and i drag the gta.pak file to the unrealextract.bat but it does nothing

2 minutes ago, AmW_47_2 said:

I put the gta.pak in a random file in desktop and i drag the gta.pak file to the unrealextract.bat but it does nothing

I recommend you to extract .pak with command prompt -gta-unpak

1 minute ago, Akazuki said:

but if you do that how you gonna mod the game since the mods use the ~mods folder with .pak extention?

2 minutes ago, Akazuki said:

How? like What prompt should i write?

40 minutes ago, Gforce said:

Don't give up, it's not hard to create a shortcut, right mouse over the game exe and go down to send to \ desktop(create shortcut) in the context menus, right mouse over the shortcut and go to properties, then copy the picture

ejdxqDk.jpg

2 minutes ago, AmW_47_2 said:

How? like What prompt should i write?

Don't be lazy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MimoKroko said:

Don't be lazy

But how i don't know what should i write to do it if you know tell me 

Edited by AmW_47_2

1 hour ago, Havi said:

There you go:

prologue (mediafire.com)

1 hour ago, Havi said:

The audio is so crisp that I can hear the voice actors smacking and then in-game it sounds like ass crack

uo2YUd5.png

it's not that high quality as you said, its still have some compression...

Just now, Kratos007 said:

it's not that high quality as you said, its still have some compression...

Yeah of course, it's ADPCM, it does that. But the current audio in Definitive Edition is downgraded.

• Like 1

Wannted Reneggade
1 minute ago, Havi said:

Yeah of course, it's ADPCM, it does that. But the current audio in Definitive Edition is downgraded.

hey bro, where do u get the high quality audio files from?

@AmW_47_2

1. Create a shortcut of your desired game.

2. Right click > Properties > go to the Target Line box as shown in the image above.

3. At the end of the Target Line box after the quotations put a space then -gta-unpak

4. Start the game and let it run, it should close out when it finishes.

My GTA 3 game showed a blackscreen, I wasn't sure if it was it done or not but I alt tabbed after a few seconds and had some folders.

Edited by Digital_X
Typos
  • Like 3