GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Just now, AmW_47_2 said:

Hello folks does anyone know how to unpack the pak file? Because right now im lost and confused 

22 minutes ago, Sweest said:

Hopefully this can help you. : )

1 minute ago, TAMPIM said:

SICK dude wtf 😮   , why didnt they put this quality 🤬

These are actually the OG audio files. Not altered by the other versions/remastered. So they are very pure and I don't understand why Rockstar or GSG didn't put effort into the audio system. That interview that I read is complete bullsh*t. 

"When we were looking for the audio, it was compressed, as it should be. But then we'd try to find the source audio and we often couldn't"

These are ADPCM files (Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation). It's a lossy compression format that is implemented for XAudio2. I am not sure what they have done, but even though these audio files might have lost some quality, it still sounds super clear. The data is there, they can use it. I just don't understand why they didn't put any effort into this. End result, everyone can hear right now in the game, it sounds like they are speaking through a tin can

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RafaStunter said:

Some people already done that on MixMods

I see that and there is mostly textures. OMG definitive edition textures are so ugly, literally AI upscale of old textures.

4 minutes ago, zukmario said:

Damnnnnn, It sounds nice, can there be a mod that makes the audio sound this good?

Yes, I'm sure someone can pull it off and replace the entire sound bank (let's just call it like that). But if we use them raw, file size is gonna go up immensely and we don't want that. So if someone goes ahead and do this, needs to be optimized to some degree without too much quality loss.

21 minutes ago, stef_92 said:

On the original PC version, only Game FM has a 44.1 KHz sample rate and I think it's the only radio station with this quality. And yes, you might be right that they just don't have the sources anymore and simply export the same files into different formats. Just like the did with the 128kbps mp3s for the mobile ports.

There was an official Soundtrack Vinyl for gta 3 with Game-FM songs 8-Off Agallah, Sean Price & Bazaar Royale / Royce Da 5'9" & Pretty Ugly – Rising To The Top / Spit Game (2002, Vinyl) - Discogs.

I guess they had access to higher bitrate files because of that. Most songs in that radio were actually made specifically for gta 3 so I guess Rockstar owned the copyright for those and they were able/allowed to replace the songs with the higher bitrate version. But I'm just speculating.. 

That's just for SA though right? I imagine the vice city in-game lines sound just as compressed as they did before

(unless someone can prove me wrong... )

23 minutes ago, Sweest said:

I don't understand these methods it will be easier if they made videos about it

Edited by AmW_47_2

38 minutes ago, Havi said:

The audio is so crisp that I can hear the voice actors smacking and then in-game it sounds like ass crack

uo2YUd5.png

Now someone just needs to find a way to convert the uncompressed SFX mod into the Definitive Edition, then it will sound great.

4 minutes ago, Smellord said:

There was an official Soundtrack Vinyl for gta 3 with Game-FM songs 8-Off Agallah, Sean Price & Bazaar Royale / Royce Da 5'9" & Pretty Ugly – Rising To The Top / Spit Game (2002, Vinyl) - Discogs.

I guess they had access to higher bitrate files because of that. Most songs in that radio were actually made specifically for gta 3 so I guess Rockstar owned the copyright for those and they were able/allowed to replace the songs with the higher bitrate version. But I'm just speculating.. 

Rockstar released digital albums of the in-house radio music for the 10th anniversary.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/grand-theft-auto-iii-music-from-head-radio-original/485228814

https://music.apple.com/us/album/grand-theft-auto-iii-music-from-lips-106-original-video/485228325

Some other GTA3 stations are all tracks selected from one licensed album each.

MSX FM: https://music.apple.com/us/album/moving-shadow-01-1-mix-by-timecode/104111032

K-Jah: https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-scientist-rids-the-world-of-the/956181541

Flashback 95.6: https://music.apple.com/us/album/scarface-music-from-the-original-motion-picture/1440761314

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Havi said:

I uploaded a part of the the GTA San Andreas Intro audio here
Post info | SndUp

Definitive Edition - 00:00 - 00:15

ADPCM quality - 00:18 - 00:41

ADPCM sounds better. What is wrong with the way they imported the sounds?

14 minutes ago, AmW_47_2 said:

I don't understand these methods it will be easier if they made videos about it

Unpacking is simple, the game exe will even do it for you

1. Install game to non-Program Files directory

2. Unmark read-only

2a. Create a shortcut to game exe

3. Change launch arguments to -gta-unpak

4. Boot the game

5. When game closes itself, navigate to install directory.

6. unpacked games files now in the \Gameface\Content folder

7. Remove launch argument -gta-unpak from shortcut after unpacking

copied mostly from that Reddit link
Edited by Gforce
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, banq said:

Trying to achive a little bit more canonical look for Tommy. Huge thanks to iNSANE666 for helping me out with files from uengine 

Reveal hidden contents

qwWSMcucWXg.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96

iDNLwYn6ih4.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

Here is an example of a good Tommy model

Spoiler

HAE3-Ixtg3-KM.jpg

RNzt-RUXar-Xw.jpg

4-Lnxmd8ra-VU.jpg

I converted the OG files to .flac for whoever wants to enjoy these tunes :D

If you have a great headset, these will sound great. Go jam to them while you scroll through this thread

In result of the quality, the .rar will be 174.82 MB, sorry folks 😅

BEACH_PARTY
END_CREDITS

FPresident

GTHang

HollyWood

LOWRIDER_EASY
LOWRIDER_HARD
MISSION_COMPLETE_MONEY

MISSION_COMPLETE_RESPECT

PROLOG

Download: BEATS (.flac) (mediafire.com)

Edited by Havi
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Smellord said:

It's not only Game, they have HQ source for the whole soundtrack, even I have the Moving Shadow 01.1 compilation n CD. Head and Lips got their songs released in high quality in 2011, Flashback is simply the soundtrack from Scarface which is also available. K-Jah features a couple of tracks from an album by The Scientist, etc. The only detail is that the radio stations also have voice over by radio hosts and MCs

-Gaming4Life-
On 11/11/2021 at 3:45 PM, Panzermann11 said:

Texture, model and sound mods seem sensible enough, but mods like Silent Patch would be unlikely considering Take-Two's campaign against mods. Plenty of modders, including Silent, the creator of the aforementioned mod have lost hope on modding due to that.

Wasn't Take2 against map mods and dyom only?

Edited by TTGMR

5 minutes ago, Gforce said:

Unpacking is simple, the game exe will even do it for you

1. Install game to non-Program Files directory

2. Unmark read-only

2a. Create a shortcut to game exe

3. Change launch arguments to -gta-unpak

4. Boot the game

5. When game closes itself, navigate to install directory.

6. unpacked games files now in the \Gameface\Content folder

copied mostly from that Reddit link

Still don't get it i tried to do it until i got the third part but thanks for the help anyway

2 minutes ago, TTGMR said:

Wasn't Take2 against map mods and dyom only?

map mods are the best things, the community is gonna get bored after 17 years ffs

Does anyone know how to launch the game? I have the game installed, since they removed the game from the launcher

Just now, Havi said:

Does anyone know how to launch the game? I have the game installed, since they removed the game from the launcher

there is a "way"... but I'm afraid I cant post it here for.. REASONS.. >.> 

1 minute ago, Havi said:

Well I can launch it because I got it the Jack Sparrow way

Just now, zukmario said:

That means that I went to a carrabian island and got it from there and in Cuba there is a special edition and yeeee 😳

1 minute ago, zukmario said:

That means that I went to a carrabian island and got it from there and in Cuba there is a special edition and yeeee 😳

yea I think I was on the same.... island... as well :D

• KEKW 1

2 minutes ago, AmW_47_2 said:

Still don't get it i tried to do it until i got the third part but thanks for the help anyway

Don't give up, it's not hard to create a shortcut, right mouse over the game exe and go down to send to \ desktop(create shortcut) in the context menus, right mouse over the shortcut and go to properties, then copy the picture

ejdxqDk.jpg

• Like 2

Mind the piracy talk, as we don't condone it here, modding is one thing, piracy is another. Thanks. Also, please remember, no sharing of original game files here.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away