GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

1 minute ago, simkas said:

It works if you point your model to the original materials and then replace the textures that material would use. For example, with the colt 45, I make my custom SM_colt45 use a dummy MI_colt45 material instance (the material can be completely blank, as long as it is an instance and has the correct path and is then applied to the model) and then just replace the textures that the original colt 45 model would use.

But what if the mesh has multiple textures/materials?

5 minutes ago, producerofdestruction said:

Wasn't there a mod that adds the extra lines of dialogue to the story.

Yes, some dialogue audio files still remain but a few of them never existed. That's the beauty of this in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

Anyone got models to work? I did but I couldn't get textures to work.

Do you attach new materials? I think only problem with material and texture paths. Can you try to recreate directories structure inside unreal editor and then cook all together to make correct engine paths?

2 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

I mean the model's textures xdddd

Because we have to redo materials :) I have managed to Redo radar mats and they have partially worked. I'm trying to find the original material/shading parameters. They are using this https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/API/Runtime/Engine/Engine/EMaterialShadingModel/ .

1 hour ago, mk68 said:

I don't think so, it's kind of impossible because they remove it from the first patch of the game and now this trilogy is ported from the mobile version which is the updated version of the original game. if as you say ESRB will have really different say on that. 

Let me clear things up a bit here. The Hot Coffee and every single cut content or whatever, are still in the game. The original data of these games are in game files. I have got my hands on them too. All of the code has been commented out like for many years, that's nothing new. So please, whoever saw his tweet, don't make a big deal out of it because this is in every GTA San Andreas version that exist.

Edited by Havi

2 minutes ago, noname_dev said:

Because we have to redo materials :) I have managed to Redo radar mats and they have partially worked. I'm trying to find the original material/shading parameters. They are using this https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/API/Runtime/Engine/Engine/EMaterialShadingModel/ .

I tried to redo some materials but it didn't work :/

5 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

But what if the mesh has multiple textures/materials?

Then that's a problem. Until we can figure out how to have custom materials, you'd have to merge all the materials of the model into one.

9 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

I tried to redo some materials but it didn't work :/

You need to make a blueprint cite to have a texture,

Bones+mesh + texture + material = blueprint

Edited by xiaogui319

9 minutes ago, simkas said:

Then that's a problem. Until we can figure out how to have custom materials, you'd have to merge all the materials of the model into one.

Yeah I tested it now, managed to make it work by redirecting to the original Material Instance. Next step is to learn how to modify original Material Instances.

• excuseme 1

5 minutes ago, Havi said:

I'm so glad that we didn't get this old version of the classic meme

7rqqaYj.png

which file is that and is it from the switch version?

4 minutes ago, xiaogui319 said:

Could you demonstrate please?

1 minute ago, ThePedro004 said:

Could you demonstrate please?

I don't know how to operate,Because I don't understand UE4,I am also testing models and textures

has anyone encountered this problem?,When i start loading game, it will show this.

Corrupt data found, please verify your installation

40 minutes ago, Precursors Fun World said:

So , that line that Samuel L Jackson says during the final mission where Tenpenny raginly curses CJ is actually an unused line from the prologue? damn

Maybe he was supposed to say it both at the beginning and at the end. Would make sense for dramatic effect.

Sorry for asking again, but it got buried.

Will it be possible at any point to easily replace radio stations in III like in the original? I have a version of Game Radio I'd really like to use.

signature? i hardly knew her

Right after you leave CJ's mom's house.

Devs are pretty consistent and updated when it comes to their comments. So I'm just gonna assume that this was the original text but later changed with revision

Current
Smoke: You want to drive?

CJ: Yeah, that's cool.

Old dialogue

Smoke: You want to drive?
CJ: Sure. That's dope.

H8dYcup.png

Edited by Havi

26 minutes ago, xiaogui319 said:

This is incorrect, you do not need to edit any blueprints to replace any models or textures.

And for all the people who thought Ballas was always Ballas, unfortunately not.

They were once called Flats. I wonder how they came up with that name, haha

yofhYZp.png

Well, I managed to change the model with texture, but it need's to be the same number of textures of the original model. Until we find out how to properly edit Material Instances, thats the only way to change the game models:

5A7aj5l.png

-Gaming4Life-
1 hour ago, Aymen123 said:

maybe the vados peds mod can be ported if models are swappable?

yeah but keep the GSG peds heads because pados peds heads look weird and don't look like the original peds, some don't and some don't at all

Pathing disabled after the funeral cutscene. Make sense to be turned off here. Would just be annoying

rlczBnf.png

If any of you guys will ever experience this, then you know why

HwqV7dF.png

Edited by Havi
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

Well, I managed to change the model with texture, but it need's to be the same number of textures of the original model. Until we find out how to properly edit Material Instances, thats the only way to change the game models:

5A7aj5l.png

so we cant even deform the original models? 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:14 AM, Quinn_flower said:

I hope a restore stations mod will come out soon

that was fast..

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but gotta ask yourself, why would Micheal and Trevor be in this Trilogy ? 🧐
IQl3qbC.png