GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Just now, noname_dev said:

Only replacement in Unreal Engine :)

To my understanding, only way to mod the game is to make a new UE4 project right? So for every single mod from the internet, people would need to create a new UE4 project based on the modded one before.

4 minutes ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Are you making a PS2 mod? Looks good. Don't mind me asking, did you make PS2 Kruger texture from scratch or did you use PS2 one, sorry if it's dumb question.

It was mostly a test to see if it was possible to achieve the same look as the PS2 Ruger without modifying the base model too much, and no the texture wasn't made from scratch, all I did was edit the default texture in photoshop.

2 hours ago, iNSANE666 said:

Also the mods for GTA Vice City and GTA 3, which bring back the Original Menu sounds are uploaded too, no more San Andreas menu sounds to ruin you VC and III experience.

can I get a link to these? can't find them

EDIT:

or can you reply with a link when your mods go live on nexus?

Edited by MaveriX

1 minute ago, kemaliciouZ said:

To my understanding, only way to mod the game is to make a new UE4 project right? So for every single mod from the internet, people would need to create a new UE4 project based on the modded one before.

Yes. You need to create a blank project, import some stuff and Cook it, repack it and fingers crossed :D Texture mods are easy to do, models are challenge a bit. I'm working on car mods, trying to figure out how they work. No luck yet. 

4 minutes ago, noname_dev said:

Only replacement in Unreal Engine :)

What does this mean? Do I need to download the Unreal Engine software?

Well, I was able to get some environment models. But the problem is that they have no textures and all the models are at one point. I got textures too, but apparently blender just doesn't load textures

Hi. Would it be possible for someone to explain to me how to properly open .uasset and .uexp in UE? I've exported some files using FModel, but I can't open them in UE. I guess I'm missing something? Thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaveriX said:

can I get a link to these? can't find them

EDIT:

or can you reply with a link when your mods go live on nexus?

I will reply with the link, currently one mod is available here, that is Vice City Original Menu Sounds.

35 minutes ago, NasranSalleh said:

I can't seem to upload images here. Anybody know how? Sorry, a little rusty with the forum.

I'd like to know too

5 minutes ago, NasranSalleh said:

What does this mean? Do I need to download the Unreal Engine software?

yes , you can download it through epic games launcher

2 minutes ago, iNSANE666 said:

I will reply with the link, currently one mod is available here, that is Vice City Original Menu Sounds.

thanks

7 minutes ago, iNSANE666 said:

Hi your link does not work, it says it is some kind of virus website and asks me to install some weird toolbars.

10 minutes ago, sidneyneil said:

Hi your link does not work, it says it is some kind of virus website and asks me to install some weird toolbars.

Just use AdBlocker and you`re good, hopefully mods will go live on Nexus soon.

20 minutes ago, vinoltenii said:

Hi. Would it be possible for someone to explain to me how to properly open .uasset and .uexp in UE? I've exported some files using FModel, but I can't open them in UE. I guess I'm missing something? Thanks!

You can’t use exported uassets, you have to either convert them back to the unconverted format or (listen to this one) just don’t use them at all :)

We need modders to fix this as well..

GSG really sucks

Edited by sidneyneil

@Havi 

Sorry intrusion, but I have a doubt. You who managed to access the file, could you tell me if it is still possible to add Gang 9 and Gang 10 in: pedgrp cargrp

Tried to dig into some BPs. To find out how vehicles work. They are imported the original DFFs but just for using it's mesh. Every special vehicle has it's own blueprint. Hydra, A400, Firetruck etc. It calls VehicleBase BP, it has functions/data about siren modules etc. This blueprints holding their controller data too I bet. Cannot found their meshes/files belongs to handling.cfg but I think VehiclesBase Blueprint adresses it. Over that BP I think there's their translation layer that is not included in the files. Tried to increase vehicle spawn rate, but it just partially works. The spawning "ratio" is small, vehicles just appearing close, It's sadly engine side. Trying to find some references for that. Keep digging forward :)

• Best Bru 1

7 minutes ago, NasranSalleh said:

Besides Unreal Engine, is there any way we can add files into the .pak ?

You're not supposed to add files into the .pak file, there is no reason to do that. And as far as I know nothing can create .uasset files outside of the Unreal editor itself.

6 minutes ago, simkas said:

You're not supposed to add files into the .pak file, there is no reason to do that. And as far as I know nothing can create .uasset files outside of the Unreal editor itself.

Thank you.
For now, it looks like it's quite challenging to mod the audio files, but then again, I hope there will be a more lightweight solution down the line.

TheCrazyMercenary
1 hour ago, sidneyneil said:

GSG really sucks

Dont blame GSG, they did a great job, they support modding (go back a few pages), its Rockstar that sucks here.

GTAVlookscool

Is it possible to re-colour the radar map? Make it orange for GTA III.
I'm looking through the files, can't find a texture. I think it's rendered using vector graphics.
There must be a piece of code to adjust the colours.
Radar ring would have to be changed to black as well.

3 minutes ago, banq said:

Trying to achive a little bit more canonical look for Tommy. Huge thanks to iNSANE666 for helping me out with files from uengine 

Hide contents

qwWSMcucWXg.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96

iDNLwYn6ih4.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

Woahhh, nice job! 

13 minutes ago, GTAVlookscool said:

Is it possible to re-colour the radar map? Make it orange for GTA III.
I'm looking through the files, can't find a texture. I think it's rendered using vector graphics.
There must be a piece of code to adjust the colours.
Radar ring would have to be changed to black as well.

fD4Nps0.png

That's how radar looks like :) 

2 minutes ago, noname_dev said:

fD4Nps0.png

That's how radar looks like :) 

okay but hear me out, these blender files probably are using textures that are just plain colours, which means you don't have to edit every 3d model of the radar, just find the textures which are just colours and replace them with different shades of orange for III

then try and see if this change affects all of the other 3d radar pieces

Edited by Precursors Fun World
  • Like 1

I decided to unpack the MSX FM radio from GTA 3 DE just to check if the quality of the radio stations is the same and unfortunately it is - 32KHz sample rate and also they use OGG format now

msx.png

• Like 3

Hey people, what version uf UE4 does the trilogy use? I can't access the archives bc UEViewer asks me this and crashes if I select the wrong one

4 minutes ago, Precursors Fun World said:

okay but hear me out, these blender files probably are using textures that are just plain colours, which means you don't have to edit every 3d model of the radar, just find the textures which are just colours and replace them with different shades of orange for III

then try and see if this change affects all of the other 3d radar pieces

They are not textures. :) Just materials.

AKu4gDc.png

IJIWaPh.png

• KEKW 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1