GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Hm I have fatal error still. I did skinning and rigging to the new car model it's the same exact naming, cooking is fine, repack too. Running out of idea :/

Edited by noname_dev

Hey modders, I've been looking into this thread for a while, just know you're doing amazing work by saving this mess! And remember, you're doing this for community's and GSG's sake, not for rockstar! Screw rockstar and take2.

4 hours ago, floof said:

Has anyone found the encryption key. I'm assuming they're using a traditional AES key. If you have it could you point me to the offset in the executable?

The .pak format looks pretty trivial from first glance. Offset 9-12 should be a uint32 indicating table size. Table starts around offset 72

There doesn't seem to be any encryption. You can unpack the .pak file by using a tool like UEViewer or passing "-gta-unpak" as an argument to the game, if I recall correctly.

Just made an account to thank all the modders and dataminers out there that are saving the legendary trio from the hands of incompetent corporations

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iNSANE666 said:

Also the mods for GTA Vice City and GTA 3, which bring back the Original Menu options are uploaded too, no more San Andreas menu sounds to ruin you VC and III experience.

Where are you releasing these?

Just now, simkas said:

Where are you releasing these?

Nexus mods, Trilogy are currently awaiting moderation over on Nexus, as soon as moderators add these 3 games, mods will immediately go live.

Cheers!

Anyone have any luck compiling the sa scripts? Seems like the compiler is missing 2 required files:

• Plugins\\SanAndreas\\Source\\SanAndreas\\Private\\FrontEnd\\TouchInterface_SA.h: Contains an enum WidgetIDs
  • Plugins\\GTABase\\Source\\GTABase\\Classes\\HID_Base.h: Contains an enum HIDMapping

1 hour ago, iNSANE666 said:

Also the mods for GTA Vice City and GTA 3, which bring back the Original Menu sounds are uploaded too, no more San Andreas menu sounds to ruin you VC and III experience.

Until they go live on Nexus, here is the Vice City Original Menu Sounds mod:

https://www.upload-4ever.com/536d5otdzxzb

I would have posted all of them, but currently I am on work, this is the only one I have on my phone, don`t ask me why LOL.

10 minutes ago, iNSANE666 said:

Until they go live on Nexus, here is the Vice City Original Menu Sounds mod:

https://www.upload-4ever.com/536d5otdzxzb

I would have posted all of them, but currently I am on work, this is the only one I have on my phone, don`t ask me why LOL.

Youre a god man!!!!

*proceeds to go after modders cauz economy is threatened, yet fails to ship the game without uncompiled source giving the modders even more things to play with*, well done *clap clap*
joker-arthur.gif

Edited by casualplayer

Anybody here know how to open the .pak file? I am having trouble with it.

Also, where can we store our custom music?

1 minute ago, NasranSalleh said:

Anybody here know how to open the .pak file? I am having trouble with it.

Also, where can we store our custom music?

Just use UModel if you want to access the .pak file, though disable the option to load textures on it as it crashes the model viewer

Just now, ihcorochris said:

Just use UModel if you want to access the .pak file, though disable the option to load textures on it as it crashes the model viewer

Ok, thank you!

After messing with the .pak file, I was able to extract the Ruger model and its textures using FModel and decided to slightly modify them so we have a faithful recreation of the PS2 Ruger, modified from the same model.

(Apologies if its not visible on the forum post, I have no idea why the Insert option isn't working)

https://imgur.com/a/fuT3GpJ

Edited by ihcorochris
  • YEE 2

1 minute ago, ihcorochris said:

(Apologies if its not visible on the forum post, I have no idea why the Insert option isn't working)

https://imgur.com/a/fuT3GpJ

Use the link with the extension (.jpeg/.png) at the end - 

YZ5wu2a.jpeg

• Like 3

I couldn't even get that far. I had the uasset of a colt, put it in the content folder in a new UE project but nothing showed up?

I can't seem to upload images here. Anybody know how? Sorry, a little rusty with the forum.

20 minutes ago, Digital_X said:

I couldn't even get that far. I had the uasset of a colt, put it in the content folder in a new UE project but nothing showed up?

You can't use the original extract .uasset files, they're encrypted. If you want the models, you have to export it into a .psk using umodel and then import that into whatever modeling program you have. Then you can import it into the UE4 editor using any common 3d model format.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

21 minutes ago, Digital_X said:

You have to convert uasset model to psk/gltf with umodel or Fmodel

23 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Use the link with the extension (.jpeg/.png) at the end - 

YZ5wu2a.jpeg

Are you making a PS2 mod? Looks good. Don't mind me asking, did you make PS2 Kruger texture from scratch or did you use PS2 one, sorry if it's dumb question.

Any software to import custom asset into the .pak file?
I have edited the audio a little, and curious as to how to put some files back in the .pak

Edited by NasranSalleh

Just now, NasranSalleh said:

Any software to import custom asset into the .pak file?

Only replacement in Unreal Engine :)