GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Guys, I have already asked, but in 7 hours I could not achieve anything. UnrealEngine doesn 't cook .uexp and .ubulk files, of any size, a variety of types, but only .uasset and that's it. I tried 4.62.2 and 4.7.1, there is no difference, despair is already coming, maybe someone knows

11 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Just wondering about the juicy stuff that was cracked open in the PC and Switch versions, any of that which will benefit modding the games? Would be hilarious if it did tbh.

😏😏😏

Anyway. Looks like GTA San Andreas used to have a bunch of Health Pickups which are disabled. Teleported to these locations but indeed, description matches but no health pickups

r6c96fF.png

nikkomonogatari
10 minutes ago, MimoKroko said:

Guys, I have already asked, but in 7 hours I could not achieve anything. UnrealEngine doesn 't cook .uexp and .ubulk files, of any size, a variety of types, but only .uasset and that's it. I tried 4.62.2 and 4.7.1, there is no difference, despair is already coming, maybe someone knows

had the same problem earlier. turned out there's a separate folder for cooked contents.  it should be on /YourProject/Saved/Cooked.

Thanks again for the help. elpapimejor  

• excuseme 2

GTATrilogyMods

Hi! I'm a bit confused about what I am doing incorrectly.

I am trying to change a single texture as a test mod, but it's not working.

I notice other texture mods have 3 file types: .uasset, .ubulk, and .uexp. I can only export the .uasset file which gives me a PNG.

When I cook the PNG through Unreal Engine it only gives me a .uasset file. After editing the PNG how do I get new .ubulk and .uexp files? Do I need to? Is changing a single texture actually this complicated?

Sorry I'm new to Unreal Engine and would like to learn but it's been overwhelming.

Nevermind I saw the post above and that worked! What is the most efficient way to do this? Seems very long lol.

Edited by GTATrilogyMods

Just now, GTATrilogyMods said:

Hi! I'm a bit confused about what I am doing incorrectly.

I am trying to change a single texture as a test mod, but it's not working.

I notice other texture mods have 3 file types: .uasset, .ubulk, and .uexp. I can only export the .uasset file which gives me a PNG.

When I cook the PNG through Unreal Engine it only gives me a .uasset file. After editing the PNG how do I get new .ubulk and .uexp files? Do I need to? Is changing a single texture actually this complicated?

Sorry I'm new to Unreal Engine and would like to learn but it's been overwhelming.

Check if asset saved (* symbol on asset miniature show if not).

• Like 1

if anyone is willing to take a request, just to test if it's possible, can someone remove self-centering camera And make the slow vertical camera as smooth as the horizontal camera?

• Like 5

Lock n' Stock
7 hours ago, Precursors Fun World said:

I wonder how Rockstar's response was to GSG, seeing how they seemed so supportive of the community modding the games, this is what I found in one of the .ini files of the config folder

"; Hello Friends! Hope you are having a nice day. Place any console variables you want to
 ; explicitly override regardless of the user settings in this file. Have fun! Love, GSG"

The remasters might be of a very questionable quality , but GSG truly are very friendly developers with the community

Another reason why GSG shouldn't be blamed for this disastrous launch, in spite of the DE's many problems.

• Like 8

I found this on YT, it was funny so I thought about posting it here too:

"It's all bugs down there, Sonny. None of the families would touch that sh*t."

"Times are changing."

"We can't keep our PC turned while Rockstar ripped the reward."

"So we send some modders down to do the dirty work for us and cut ourselves a better experience."

"Who's our contact down there?"

"Rockstar Games Launcher, shmuck of a launcher...How's he gonna hold the Trilogy's leash?"

"We don't need him to, we'll just let some modders lose in Vice City."

"and we give them some cash to get started, ok?

"Give them a few months, than we go down, sue them because of what they're doing.."

Edited by ChubbyB0b

Any way someone can make a mod where CJ doesn't take eight years to close a vehicle door before running away after exiting a car? Slows things down annoyingly so. You have to wait for him to close the door before you can run off.

signature? i hardly knew her

49 minutes ago, homework said:

Anyone think Cleo will eventually be a port to this version?

Possibly, but if the games are based on the mobile ports, then it may be the mobile version of Cleo that is ported. If that is correct (and I don't know if it is) then a lot of the existing Cleo scripts for pc will need to be modified, because the mobile and pc versions have different opcodes. You would also have to change references to widgets on mobile Cleo scripts to certain keys on pc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Havi said:

😏😏😏

Anyway. Looks like GTA San Andreas used to have a bunch of Health Pickups which are disabled. Teleported to these locations but indeed, description matches but no health pickups

r6c96fF.png

Is there a topic with all those findings?

C*ckstar Games / Take 2 is probably going to go on a DMCA rampage for these mods or any "downgrade" patch once they are done with their "unintended content" removal patch.

Modders, don't be discouraged by this. Don't release your mods if that happens, do them for "personal use" and show them off. Whoever is interested will find a way to get in touch ;)

2 hours ago, Havi said:

😏😏😏

r6c96fF.png

Not only should there be a thread for these finds...

someone should also be posting them on TCRF

https://tcrf.net/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

31 minutes ago, Shilizon said:

How can I get 3D models? I tried using FModel, but it only saves materials and textures

You have to use umodel, you just have to set it to not load any textures, as that makes any opening/exporting of models crash umodel. Then you can use that model with textures exported from fmodel.

2 hours ago, floof said:

Has anyone found the encryption key. I'm assuming they're using a traditional AES key. If you have it could you point me to the offset in the executable?

The .pak format looks pretty trivial from first glance. Offset 9-12 should be a uint32 indicating table size. Table starts around offset 72

You don't need a AES key, the .pak files are not encrypted.

1 hour ago, Pootispowse said:

Possibly, but if the games are based on the mobile ports, then it may be the mobile version of Cleo that is ported. If that is correct (and I don't know if it is) then a lot of the existing Cleo scripts for pc will need to be modified, because the mobile and pc versions have different opcodes. You would also have to change references to widgets on mobile Cleo scripts to certain keys on pc. 

Yeah I remember the mobile Cleo. It wasn't too bad for mobile GTA SA, but it wasn't the CLEO we knew.

Hi 

Do you also have the disappeared trilogy definitive edition from Rockstar Launcher? Which did you pay for?

Now I can't play.

Edited by gongel

29 minutes ago, simkas said:

You have to use umodel, you just have to set it to not load any textures, as that makes any opening/exporting of models crash umodel. Then you can use that model with textures exported from fmodel.

You don't need a AES key, the .pak files are not encrypted.

Is it possible to make the models have the correct coordinates?

6 minutes ago, Shilizon said:

Is it possible to make the models have the correct coordinates?

What do you mean by that?

3 minutes ago, simkas said:

What do you mean by that?

I want to load part of the map into blender, but all models are at zero point

4 hours ago, iNSANE666 said:

Here are some of the mods I made for GTA 3 so far.

Better Wasted Screen:

Reveal hidden contents

1-1636780243-110473981.png

Better Busted Screen:

Reveal hidden contents

2-1636781945-342395969.png

Maria Menu Screens (Instead of Misty):

Reveal hidden contents

3-1636784717-121104698.png

Better Rain (A bit less "fake rain" effect, looks better in motion now, TBH Screenshot doesn`t do it justice):

Reveal hidden contents

4-1636786894-1704789411.png

All of the mods are uploaded on Nexus mods, they should be live soon (Well as soon as Nexus adds the game to their list 😛)

Much more to come, to all 3 games.

Also the mods for GTA Vice City and GTA 3, which bring back the Original Menu sounds are uploaded too, no more San Andreas menu sounds to ruin you VC and III experience.

Edited by iNSANE666

10 minutes ago, Shilizon said:

I want to load part of the map into blender, but all models are at zero point

Check out ipl files. That hold the brush data I think :)

7 minutes ago, iNSANE666 said:

Also the mods for GTA Vice City and GTA 3, which bring back the Original Menu options are uploaded too, no more San Andreas menu sounds to ruin you VC and III experience.

holy sh*t where?

1 hour ago, Shilizon said:

How can I get 3D models? I tried using FModel, but it only saves materials and textures

Dunno if Gildor has updated UModel but it's worth a try.

Oh and was it just me or did GSG implement an SCM interpreter within UE4? Or at least that's what I can interpret.

14 minutes ago, iNSANE666 said:

Also the mods for GTA Vice City and GTA 3, which bring back the Original Menu options are uploaded too, no more San Andreas menu sounds to ruin you VC and III experience.

Wow these are so fantastic man, great job 👍

• Like 1