GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Whoever has the version with the unintentional files should archive it and back it up, then when they finally post the authorized versions, get those and do a diff compare to isolate the changed and removed files.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Magic_Al said:

Whoever has the version with the unintentional files should archive it and back it up, then when they finally post the authorized versions, get those and do a diff compare to isolate the changed and removed files.

Pirated version of the games is day 1 version of the game , so those will be archived it forever in the internet don't worry

Damn, so if they are litterlay changing/encrypting the game files so we can't have an easy access to it, I guess most modders will just use the original files since there's probably some people that have already backed-up everything. New version will just become useless if this happens. And with that, you'd probably be better off with an illegal copy of the game, smh.

4 minutes ago, Sexualizer said:

Damn, so if they are litterlay changing/encrypting the game files so we can't have an easy access to it, I guess most modders will just use the original files since there's probably some people that have already backed-up everything. New version will just become useless if this happens. And with that, you'd probably be better off with an illegal copy of the game, smh.

Just like after the No More Hot Coffee patch.

Actually, someone could use the 1.0 version to make a clever, legal binary-comparison downgrader that restores the forbidden files and mod-friendliness.

Edited by Magic_Al
  • Like 3

I wonder how Rockstar's response was to GSG, seeing how they seemed so supportive of the community modding the games, this is what I found in one of the .ini files of the config folder

"; Hello Friends! Hope you are having a nice day. Place any console variables you want to
 ; explicitly override regardless of the user settings in this file. Have fun! Love, GSG"

The remasters might be of a very questionable quality , but GSG truly are very friendly developers with the community

Edited by Precursors Fun World

10 minutes ago, Precursors Fun World said:

Pirated version of the games is day 1 version of the game , so those will be archived it forever in the internet don't worry

Just in case, if you have it, back it up.

4 minutes ago, Magic_Al said:

Just like after the No More Hot Coffee patch.

Actually, someone could use the 1.0 version to make a clever, legal binary-comparison downgrader that restores the forbidden files and mod-friendliness.

Is downgrading even a possibility with the RGL tho? lol. Bet my ass that Rockstar will do everything so that players can't launch the game without it being updated to the last version.

Just now, Maelubiyet said:

Just in case, if you have it, back it up.

I'm not letting these files go anywhere, trust me.

Anyways, I tried putting r.fog 1 in customsettings.ini for san andreas but that did nothing I think

5 minutes ago, Sexualizer said:

Is downgrading even a possibility with the RGL tho? lol. Bet my ass that Rockstar will do everything so that players can't launch the game without it being updated to the last version.

It's super annoying to try to keep the RGL from updating offline games which is why I switched my downgraded GTA IV to the Steam version but I'm sure there must be some way.

nikkomonogatari

Hi. I tried making texture mod with  unreal engine. but when i tried cooking my content its compiling thousands of shaders.  is this normal? quiet new to this sorry.

Mc6Oh3R.png

Edited by nichigo13

51 minutes ago, Sexualizer said:

Do they even verify their games before actually publish them?

Yeah this is what's irking me too. It's fine for an in-house release to be fully trusted as many times the studios do the code & asset reviews themselves, but a release by external studios, especially full of dev tools, documentation and source code, along with music tracks that were never supposed to be in the game (equals potential lawsuits), this stuff needs to be verified.

R* even sent out a list to the media of the removed tracks that didn't match the final release because GSG f*cked up the shipping and R* NYC (as publishers) f*cked up the verification. Baffling, especially as GSG has previous history of leaks.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Luckily if you installed the games prior to the takedown and were in offline mode and started the games before this mess you can launch them. i'm holding on to dear life keeping my laptop in sleep mode just to be able to play, but this whole mess is not looking good at all.

2 minutes ago, Magic_Al said:

It's super annoying to try to keep the RGL from updating offline games which is why I switched my downgraded GTA IV to the Steam version but I'm sure there must be some way.

Yeah got IV on Steam too. And now I'm kinda regretting buying this DE on RGL, but like most people I couldn't just wait. And I can't even get a refund since I've played the game for more than 2 hours yesterday. Fantastic. I feel betrayed, lmao.

"This never happened when people had to work 16-hour days at the studio instead of working from home!" — some executives, probably.

MonoChrome213
5 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yeah this is what's irking me too. It's fine for an in-house release to be fully trusted as many times the studios do the code & asset reviews themselves, but a release by external studios, especially full of dev tools, documentation and source code, along with music tracks that were never supposed to be in the game (equals potential lawsuits), this stuff needs to be verified.

R* even sent out a list to the media of the removed tracks that didn't match the final release because GSG f*cked up the shipping and R* NYC (as publishers) f*cked up the verification. Baffling.

so there won’t be “video killed the radio star” and “japanese boy” on flash fm after they patch everything up?

i guess i’m gonna go for a refund :jkek:

Edited by MonoChrome213

5 minutes ago, nichigo13 said:

Hi. I tried making texture mod with  unreal engine. but when i tried cooking my content its compiling thousands of shaders.  is this normal? quiet new to this sorry.

Mc6Oh3R.png

yes

28 minutes ago, Precursors Fun World said:

I wonder how Rockstar's response was to GSG, seeing how they seemed so supportive of the community modding the games, this is what I found in one of the .ini files of the config folder

"; Hello Friends! Hope you are having a nice day. Place any console variables you want to
 ; explicitly override regardless of the user settings in this file. Have fun! Love, GSG"

The remasters might be of a very questionable quality , but GSG truly are very friendly developers with the community

Their mobile ports are all moddable just like the pc versions. And GSG have stated before that they're aware of the modding community and are impressed with what they've managed to do.  

Hard not to feel for them a little bit with how all of this has been handled - hope they're doing ok. 

• Like 3

arisfelbonilla
22 minutes ago, Pootispowse said:

Todos sus puertos móviles son modificables al igual que las versiones para PC. Y GSG ha declarado antes que están al tanto de la comunidad de modding y están impresionados con lo que han logrado hacer.  

Es difícil no sentir un poco por ellos con la forma en que se ha manejado todo esto, espero que estén bien. 

while take two or R is the opposite of
It only remains that that is why they released the trilogy that left many things open :fartkek:

Edited by arisfelbonilla

Greetings, 

Does anyone know where to download present mods for these 3 titles? 

And does anyone know what "unintended" files they are talking about? I don't care if they release the game again with locked files the internet have their files already lol 

16 minutes ago, AIGAMER said:

Greetings, 

Does anyone know where to download present mods for these 3 titles? 

And does anyone know what "unintended" files they are talking about? I don't care if they release the game again with locked files the internet have their files already lol 

"unintended" files are most likely the copyrighted music included, locked by a script that would've been cracked eventually. Also maybe they included too much uncompiled code 

Edited by MaveriX

2 minutes ago, MaveriX said:

"unintended" files are most likely the copyrighted music included in San Andreas, locked by a script that would've been cracked eventually. Also maybe they included too much uncompiled code 

Definitely Vice City as well.

signature? i hardly knew her

8 minutes ago, LeakyLine said:

Definitely Vice City as well.

Day 1 DE had unlicensed music in Vice City too? Locked behind a script?

Edited by MaveriX

1 hour ago, Precursors Fun World said:

honestly amongst all this the GSG team should get the most credit, they are very likely working under harsh conditions, most people that work directly for rockstar leave, i suspect they have a good team dynamic and this is the most they could pull of with time given and monetary restrictions, you can so tell rockstar was trying too hard to get this 20 anniversary of the ground and didnt give GSG enough resources. I have a feeling if this was delayed by half a year we'd be looking  at a very different game

• Like 3

So where are we at with modding this trilogy (SanAndreas) in specific?

I tried messing with the save files but since they're .Sav instead of .b or whatever the originals were its kind of finicky. I renamed an 100% original SA save game and it fatal crashed obviously lol.

6 minutes ago, plk4 said:

honestly amongst all this the GSG team should get the most credit, they are very likely working under harsh conditions, most people that work directly for rockstar leave, i suspect they have a good team dynamic and this is the most they could pull of with time given and monetary restrictions, you can so tell rockstar was trying too hard to get this 20 anniversary of the ground and didnt give GSG enough resources. I have a feeling if this was delayed by half a year we'd be looking  at a very different game

Agreed, the blame is not on GSG. I bet the release was rushed.