GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

8 minutes ago, pxel said:

Hello,

I though of a short list of mods :

- Changing the awful rain texture on the floor, and the rain itself (not only for SA but for VC an III too)

- Add fog to San Andreas

- Restore censored elements

- Switch back Candy Suxxx from Yeti model

- Improve some faces of famous characters

- Add more cars in the streets ?

It's nice that some people are already modding the game, thank you all

Fog might be possible with "r.Fog 1" in the configuration file. I haven't tested, though.

Edited by apdapreturns

21 minutes ago, pxel said:

Hello,

I though of a short list of mods :

- Restore censored elements

- Switch back Candy Suxxx from Yeti model

It's nice that some people are already modding the game, thank you all

It's only one dixie flag (and the original Haitian friendly censorship, they can reverse that because it's just awkward) and Candy Suxxx doesn't actually look like that, was done using the character model switch cheat, which contorts characters to match the player skeleton.

13 minutes ago, TahaWael said:

is there is any way to get all the original radio songs back?

on san andreas all the cut music are still there in the files, its disabled by a script

noone knows how to edit said script yet

Also disable the permanent button prompts on the screen in certain vehicles. I only need to be told once how to toggle the f*cking taxi mission I don't need it to be on the screen constantly

• Like 4

2 hours ago, K1llMan said:

Some radio tests here. Only music replace for now. Same algorithm as for textures but Sound Wave assets needs to be properly configured.

1RYneUV.png

I noticed that in order to actually change the lenght of the audios, the RADIO_CLASS file "Duration" must be edited. I am attempting to restore removed audio from Double Cleff FM and ran into the cut song being overwritten by CLASS_2. How would I go forward with overwriting RADIO_CLASS script, should I simply save a .txt file in Unreal Engine and do the same process, or is there a difference?

LrAwpkc.png

Help, UE don't create .uexp file, only .uasset (replacing texture)
Please, I can't go to bed until it works out...

Edited by MimoKroko

producerofdestruction

The original Vice City mission icons, the letter ones would be  nice. Since somebody has done SA

I just wanna say that this conversation is circulating on many news pages as a cause for the rockstar launcher problems. However... Don't stop ;)

4 minutes ago, Petarkco said:

They've pulled the games probably because of the inclusion of the original files.

If you have them, back them up.

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/1459306290992324608?s=20

GavhHJQ.png

I don't know if this is real. Has anyone archived that link?

edit: no way https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/1459309045895077891

Edited by apdapreturns

It's reassuring to hear we should have some of the original soundtrack restored (hopefully pretty easily if it's just controlled by script)
Can't call this the "definitive" edition and cut the soundtrack. 
So is there a work around to getting the game working again? Someone mentioned running the Launcher on offline mode works, but no luck for me... 

2 minutes ago, evilrex said:

It's reassuring to hear we should have some of the original soundtrack restored (hopefully pretty easily if it's just controlled by script)
Can't call this the "definitive" edition and cut the soundtrack. 
So is there a work around to getting the game working again? Someone mentioned running the Launcher on offline mode works, but no luck for me... 

Same here. Nothing works

so basically now the launcher started working again but the problem is that the trilogy disappeared from it.

DAMN BASTARDS GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK USELESS SACKS OF sh*t!!!!

Probably they didn't like the first texture mod :'D F*** T2!      T2 like: "Yee? F*** U 2!!"

Edited by noname_dev

I think R* know by now that there's no point trying to fight against modding, there's just too many great minds to solve anything they put in the way.

Most likely they just want to clean things up a little to protect their pride. 

Does anyone here have the files, mind if ya'll share it to me? 😏

I think it's low key funny that you guys dug in the files and saw the dev notes and unlicensed music and they panicked and took all three down lmao I'm just hoping I don't gotta reinstall the games whenever they come back cause I got all 3 in atm

• Like 1

as we work to remove some data files that were unintentionally included in the new versions of these games

Dafuq does that mean? So the whole uncompiled files stuff was not intentional then?

What a horrible launch. Do they even verify their games before actually publish them? Jesus F Christ. Now the games are not even available on the launcher, for who knows how long. Lmao. RDR II was a complete mess at launch too, I guess we were warned...

Edited by Sexualizer
  • Like 3

i feel like a f*cking idiot now for pre-ording this sh*t, it's so f*cking sad and frustrating that now i have to pirate to be able to play it, i'll refund it right now and i'm not gonna buy any goddamn sh*t from rockstar again.

I guess some corporate pigs been following this thread, lol.

There are two possibilities:

A) Uncompiled stuff and the unlicensed radio stuff are the unintentional files they're talking about. Well, too late. What's on the internet is forever.

B) They're talking about unlicensed radio files.

Option A is more likely imho.

2 minutes ago, ItachiAkai said:

i feel like a f*cking idiot now for pre-ording this sh*t, it's so f*cking sad and frustrating that now i have to pirate to be able to play it, i'll refund it right now and i'm not gonna buy any goddamn sh*t from rockstar again.

I did the same thing and i feel very frustrated. do you knwo how to get a refund? i want a refund too