GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

Anybody know a way of adding realistic ragdoll physics?

Would like to have bodies react realistically when hit with car.

Even default unreal engine physics would be good

Edited by MaveriX
  • Like 4

Funny how everyone is focusing on the graphical part. If you can help with reversing, let me know. Dumping SDK should be a priority.

So for some reason the FBI guys in GTA III have FIB written om their jackets, would be dope if that could be fixed 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, inertia997 said:

Funny how everyone is focusing on the graphical part. If you can help with reversing, let me know. Dumping SDK should be a priority.

My friend @LemonHaze, once again, has been working on the SDK. He's obtained most of the necessary pointers for III, if I recall correctly. Then again, you still have VC and SA.

Edited by apdapreturns

I really wish someone could rework the HUD text placements to make it closer to the original games rather than the mobile port...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, apdapreturns said:

My friend @LemonHaze, once again, has been working on the SDK. He's obtained most of the necessary pointers for III, if I recall correctly.

Drop me his discord privately please. I can help.

Edited by inertia997
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yorpie said:

So for some reason the FBI guys in GTA III have FIB written om their jackets, would be dope if that could be fixed 

They probably messed that up because they used GTA V and IV (allegedly) assets in those remasters..

By the way, if possible somebody should make Radar/hud tiny bit smaller.

Barbarossa178
16 minutes ago, K1llMan said:

Some radio tests here. Only music replace for now. Same algorithm as for textures but Sound Wave assets needs to be properly configured.

1RYneUV.png

Привет. Я пытаюсь заменить звуки, напиши подробнее как ты запихал музыку?

Hi. I'm trying to replace the sounds, write more about how you got the music in?

Edited by Barbarossa178

2 hours ago, Maelubiyet said:

Not to kill the hype or anything but I feel like right at this moment they're encrypting the files.

why? isn't the .pak files useful for modding?

and in the dev comments, they say "have fun!", as in giving us this access was a gift?

22 minutes ago, Barbarossa178 said:

Привет. Я пытаюсь заменить звуки, напиши подробнее как ты запихал музыку?

Hi. I'm trying to replace the sounds, write more about how you got the music in?

For now I can say only about radio stations. They have chunks.

WJfWXkw.png

1. Take your music and convert to OGG.

2. Import into Unreal Engine project.

3. Set asset properties in Playback section like on screenshot.

4. Rename asset to file name of replacing asset. FLASH_<1 - 5> - songs, RADIO_FLASH - radio station collection.

5. Save project.

6. In file menu select Content Cooking option, this will create uasset, ubulk and uexp files in Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\<project name>\Content directory of your project.

7. Create directories structure as you see on screenshot (for GTA 3): <mod name>\Gameface\Content\GTA3\Audio\Streams\RadioStreams\FlashFM\

8. Put cooked files in this path.

9. Run in cmd: UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat <path to mod directory> or drag the <mod name> folder to the UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat.

10. Rename .pak file to something like to 500-my_coolest_mod_P.pak

11. Place into Gameface\Content\Paks\~mods\ directory of game.

12. Enjoy new music.

Edited by K1llMan

Barbarossa178
12 minutes ago, K1llMan said:

WJfWXkw.png

4. Rename asset to file name of replacing asset. FLASH_<1 - 5> - songs, RADIO_FLASH - radio station collection.

5. Save project.

6. In file menu select Content Cooking option, this will create uasset, ubulk and uexp files in Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\<project name>\Content directory of your project.

7. Create directories structure as you see on screenshot (for GTA 3): <mod name>\Gameface\Content\GTA3\Audio\Streams\RadioStreams\FlashFM\

9. Run in cmd: UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat <path to mod directory> or drag the <mod name> folder to the UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat.

12. Enjoy new music.

Нажимаю Content Cooking for Windows но он создаёт только uasset а ubulk and uexp нет(

I click Content Cooking for Windows, but it only creates uasset but not ubulk and uexp(

Just now, Barbarossa178 said:

Нажимаю Content Cooking for Windows но он создаёт только uasset а ubulk and uexp нет(

I click Content Cooking for Windows, but it only creates uasset but not ubulk and uexp(

Take a look at your options. Check if all assets saved after changing properties and set Streaming option on. I had the same issue with ubulk file without this.

• Like 1

Barbarossa178
4 minutes ago, K1llMan said:

Take a look at your options. Check if all assets saved after changing properties and set Streaming option on. I had the same issue with ubulk file without this.

Спасибо, помогло. Но в игре голос хрипит

Thank you, it helped. But the voice sounds hoarse in the game.

22 minutes ago, K1llMan said:

41 minutes ago, K1llMan said:

WJfWXkw.png

5. Save project.

12. Enjoy new music.

Could you make a quick video on how you did this? I am very new with Unreal Engine and cannot find "Asset Properties" nor Playback section

EDIT: I also failed to make a "cook" :(

Edited by sixpence

1 hour ago, Yorpie said:

I think it was always like that.

23 minutes ago, sixpence said:

Could you make a quick video on how you did this? I am very new with Unreal Engine and cannot find "Asset Properties" nor Playback section

38 minutes ago, Barbarossa178 said:

Cooked content is going to be in YourProject/Saved/Cooked, not YourProject/Content

27 minutes ago, sixpence said:

3 minutes ago, elpapimejor said:

Cooked content is going to be in YourProject/Saved/Cooked, not YourProject/Content

The output said the cook failed, it said that it did not finish. Appearently something I am doing wrong, would be much easier with a video to explain this.

Is it possible to mod the switch version aswell? considering it is using the same engine as pc, i got my switch modded, and because damn i wanna change the wasted and busted screens

15 minutes ago, MrLorenzo said:

2 minutes ago, MaveriX said:

that's how FBI are called in every GTA game.

It's a pun to avoid legal trouble, like in many other cases:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fib

No, it’s not. All 3D Universe GTA games use FBI name.

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Federal_Bureau_of_Investigation

23 minutes ago, MrLorenzo said:

No it wasnt. In 3D era, they were indeed called FBI.

Hello,

I though of a short list of mods :

- Changing the awful rain texture on the floor, and the rain itself (not only for SA but for VC an III too)

- Add fog to San Andreas

- Restore censored elements

- Switch back Candy Suxxx from Yeti model

- Improve some faces of famous characters

- Add more cars in the streets ?

It's nice that some people are already modding the game, thank you all

24 minutes ago, K1llMan said:

Thanks for the video! However for some reason, there is no UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat in the UnrealPakTool i have? Is there something I am missing?

EDIT: I found a alternative link for one, no worries.

Edited by sixpence