GTA Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Modding

TheLandstalker
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Much like previous game releases, you may not directly share unmodded files directly from the game in this topic, thanks!

GTAForums Mod Showroom - mind the mod forums rules at the top - and remember ShareMods or paid links aren't allowed!

I know someone already said, but how about adding cut songs?

Will it be possible?

And restoring cut dialogue in vice city

• Like 2

Oh I know that, I thought that was the way you were doing it, I had that problem the first time I tried. This is all fairly new to me.

My only modding experience lies in ETS2/ATS and Mudrunner.

11 minutes ago, Precursors Fun World said:

hey , if anyone is willing to take a request, just to test if it's possible, can someone change CJ's default Pant's texture? he is literally using a upscaled version of his 2004 pants and it looks goddamn awful compared to the rest of textures of his wardbrobe pieces or any other peds in general

GSG really got lazy in a lot of aspects for san andreas, and the pants are one of the many times that are really bothersome

S969DTn.png

on it, soon on MixMods.

Guys.. car mods Will be a challenge. I can feel the pain right now. I have to figure out how they work but the exported file with Bones and meshes baked together slowing me down. I think know how they work but it's not really clear for me yet. 

Where and how do I find the MainSCM in VC DE? I have an SCM that I wanna use in DE as well. Can someone please guide me? I'm new to modding.

5 minutes ago, elpapimejor said:

Tried doing a car replacement mod but all i get is a fatal error once im ingame and said car spawns

Grabbed a car mod from gtainside, ran the dff through dragonff, exported as fbx, imported into ue 4.26.2, renamed to SKR_greenwoo (Greenwood,) cooked, packed with unrealpak, placed in mods folder, launch game, load save, leave house, game explodes

14 minutes ago, Maelubiyet said:

Not to kill the hype or anything but I feel like right at this moment they're encrypting the files.

There's not a whole lot they can do, even if they encrypt the .pak files, finding the decryption keys is relatively easy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, elpapimejor said:

Grabbed a car mod from gtainside, ran the dff through dragonff, exported as fbx, imported into ue 4.26.2, renamed to SKR_greenwoo (Greenwood,) cooked, packed with unrealpak, placed in mods folder, launch game, load save, leave house, game explodes

FbrDu2B.png

I feel you. Same here :'D 

3 minutes ago, noname_dev said:

FbrDu2B.png

I feel you. Same here :'D 

I don't get this one, i only get the fatal error, and game dies once i press ok

44 minutes ago, Jinx. said:

Ped speech would definitely need a script. Depending on how close the game is to the originals, the old script could perhaps be ported over.

How much of Ped speech is in the game right now? I watched couple of gameplays and it seems like it works like it should, like when you crash tommy speaks, etc...

49 minutes ago, Maelubiyet said:

Not to kill the hype or anything but I feel like right at this moment they're encrypting the files.

countless folks will have them backed up by now.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

1 hour ago, ragesje said:

Will it be possible?

I'm kinda restraining myself of playing these games, until all the songs are back.

1 hour ago, ThePedro004 said:

S969DTn.png

on it, soon on MixMods.

I'm installing it right now! and i'm happy how modding is going to work, similar to a mod loader it seems

Just now, Precursors Fun World said:

I'm installing it right now! and i'm happy how modding is going to work, similar to a mod loader it seems

You think we're gonna see mod installation programs? Like SAMI back in the day and stuff

6 minutes ago, ThePedro004 said:

06zBbAD.png

Managed to change blood textures

Looks a lot better! On that matter, can someone check if removing the outline on enemies being targeted is possible, maybe by making the material invisible or something? :colgate:

• Like 3

bee-game.png

Lmao must have been a pain in the ass

namco-hud.png

They were going for a classic Namco style hud for their arcade minigames, interesting I guess but also kinda obvious.

5 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

You think we're gonna see mod installation programs? Like SAMI back in the day and stuff

maybe, seeing how the folder hierarchy works right now , an installer making the process quicker might actually happen

pwqTold.png
ahh, as i predicted, there is a dedicated plugin for unreal to bridge rage and renderware date . Gonna get back to mining and see if we missing something, they left the whole unrealengine project behind without the c++ files, maybe its somewhere I missed, but this in theory means we should be able to use those plugins independently of the project file and pack data in right format

1 hour ago, ragesje said:

Will it be possible?

Yes, all the cut data is in the game, someone mentioned before its controlled by a separate file so modding that file should work

Why would they need one for RAGE and Unreal? If they're remasteing RDR or GTA IV they could just used the RDR2 version 🤔

Edited by Mainline421

1 hour ago, Precursors Fun World said:

hey , if anyone is willing to take a request, just to test if it's possible, can someone change CJ's default Pant's texture? he is literally using a upscaled version of his 2004 pants and it looks goddamn awful compared to the rest of textures of his wardbrobe pieces or any other peds in general

GSG really got lazy in a lot of aspects for san andreas, and the pants are one of the many times that are really bothersome

Already done [SA:DE] Proper HD Jeans

Also they are this [GTA Trilogy] No Busted Wasted Overlay

• Like 3

great, we only need to remove San Andreas UI assets on III and VC (also maybe restore original wasted font)

6 minutes ago, Mainline421 said:

Why would they need one for RAGE and Unreal? If they're remasteing RDR or GTA IV they could just used the RDR2 version 🤔

I believe the RAGE bridge would be for the Social Club and Launcher services which are a part of RAGE. The Launcher itself runs on a version of RAGE for instance.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Some radio tests here. Only music replace for now. Same algorithm as for textures but Sound Wave assets needs to be properly configured.

1RYneUV.png

• Like 4

Somebody gotta figure the model replacement so the sausages gabagooler Tommy can be replaced with this

• Like 3