4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA San Andreas: Definitive Edition - Modding Wishlist

BoringPedsDumbCops

On 11/10/2021 at 6:35 PM, BoringPedsDumbCops said:

sixpence did a similar thread for GTA III. Here are some things I think really need work.

WISHLIST:

• Fixed faces
    • Many faces, particularly side-characters have terrible faces.. way too cartoony.
  • PS2 Color Correction
    • A color-correction that makes the experience more like the original, with more of a warm/orange tone.
  • Modern fog/focus blur on distant scenery
    • A lot of people mention how the clarity of distant scenery kills the sense of scale. I'd like to be able to see Mount Chiliad from everywhere, but not every detail on it.. a GTA 5-esque focus blur/fog would be perfect.

This isn't EVER going to happen OP. You see, with C* forcing an ONLINE connection in order to PLAY A SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE GAME, it's likely not possible to have any modded content in your game folder. 

I'm really hoping I'm wrong on this. But the fact you need to always have to go through the launcher login process is a HUGE RED FLAG.  And if so, the launcher will definitely detect whatever mods you might have on your system.  Then send you a dirty message about a potential perma ban. I'm uncertain if C* has become that f*cking demented enough to log mods in your single player folders. Then ban you when you try to go online in a totally separate session to play GTAO.  Whatever the [email protected] they did with the last update, their anti cheat algorithms are officially on CRACK. 

I had mods in all my GTA game folders. From SA, GTA IV, and GTAV. Had these stored in A SEPARATE COPY of the game folder i.e. a special designated mod folder. Which kept it separate from the vanilla game with zero modded files. That way, never ran risk of forgetting to move any mods from game folder before going online. Yet just before logging into GTAO last week, got that bot message that "mods where detected in my game folder" ?? LOL  How THE f*ck did their AC bot algorithm ever come to that conclusion. When the RGSC launcher is on a DIFFERENT INTERNAL drive v. the EXTERNAL HD all my modded GTA game folders are kept??

If I didn't know better, I'd swear C* jumped the Exceptional [email protected]$ bandwagon. And started deploying anti consumer SECUROM based software that spies on your HD fiel system.......

2 hours ago, PkUnzipper said:

This isn't EVER going to happen OP. You see, with C* forcing an ONLINE connection in order to PLAY A SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE GAME, it's likely not possible to have any modded content in your game folder. 

I'm really hoping I'm wrong on this. But the fact you need to always have to go through the launcher login process is a HUGE RED FLAG.  And if so, the launcher will definitely detect whatever mods you might have on your system.  Then send you a dirty message about a potential perma ban. I'm uncertain if C* has become that f*cking demented enough to log mods in your single player folders. Then ban you when you try to go online in a totally separate session to play GTAO.  Whatever the [email protected] they did with the last update, their anti cheat algorithms are officially on CRACK. 

I had mods in all my GTA game folders. From SA, GTA IV, and GTAV. Had these stored in A SEPARATE COPY of the game folder i.e. a special designated mod folder. Which kept it separate from the vanilla game with zero modded files. That way, never ran risk of forgetting to move any mods from game folder before going online. Yet just before logging into GTAO last week, got that bot message that "mods where detected in my game folder" ?? LOL  How THE f*ck did their AC bot algorithm ever come to that conclusion. When the RGSC launcher is on a DIFFERENT INTERNAL drive v. the EXTERNAL HD all my modded GTA game folders are kept??

If I didn't know better, I'd swear C* jumped the Exceptional [email protected]$ bandwagon. And started deploying anti consumer SECUROM based software that spies on your HD fiel system.......

Bruh.

It is very much pawwsible. Mods do come out already.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PkUnzipper said:

mods are already out for this game lol 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TomilovSenya said:

Bruh.

It is very much pawwsible. Mods do come out already.

Until you find yourself on RGSC posting your "Unban me C*" thread 😒

5 hours ago, PkUnzipper said:

Until you find yourself on RGSC posting your "Unban me C*" thread 😒

Well you can just use a "unoffical" copy to not risk your account, If you know what I mean :fartkek:

• Like 2

1. Fix muscular CJs posture because he still moves and stands like skinny CJ

2. Restore the whitewall tires for the lowriders, I don't understand why they were removed.

3. Lore friendly clothing and color variations for CJ like matching jeans to go with the dark blue chore coat like the ballas wear.

4. Bring back the drug dealing mod

Someone mention that mods for DE already exist, where do I find them? And how much will it take for moddersto start rolling out mods for this game? I'm specially interested in vegetation (better palms) mod and drawdistance. 

Edited by Duran89

My Wishlist:

-Nice limiter mod, to add new stuff like cars, peds and weps etc. to the game

-SkyGFX type of mod to make it look little bit like PS2 graphics

-Silent patch (but I heard silent will not mod the game)

On 11/17/2021 at 8:37 AM, GFBMMC said:

Nobody?? Really??

Hot Coffee Mod. 😳

Woah Dude, That went from 0 to a 100 real f*cking quick

thescatman112

I wish if there was a mod that would bring back the old controls. I can't deal with how weird flying a helicopter is.

2 hours ago, thescatman112 said:

I wish if there was a mod that would bring back the old controls. I can't deal with how weird flying a helicopter is.

This, together with a vertical movement fix inside cars (At least for SA:DE, didnt play III or VC)

CynicalMexican

It would be nice if someone made a mod where ped corpses don't disappear until you move off-screen, or they at least stay there for a long time, like GTA III

I'm playing GTA 3 Definitive Edition and it's surprisingly satisfying to have a bunch of corpses on the street. Sadly, in the later games (the original releases too) they nerfed this so the bodies would disappear after 40 seconds or so, so you don't get that "corpses piling up" feel, which is lame.

Another mod: accurate license plates! 

Edited by CynicalMexican

CynicalMexican

Another idea that came to my head: vegetation and props! Having something like Project Props would help mask the overkill draw distance, as would denser forests and more trees.

Speaking of trees, having most of the palm trees in LS replaced by washingtonia robusta trees would be a huge plus.

Midnight Hitman

If R* doesn't add it: Fog, heat/haze, proper sandstorms, atmospheric/unique sky colors for SF, LV, LS and surroundings (like in the OG versions, at least the nights in deserts/LV looked different as I remember), and other effects that were removed from the OG versions.

And adding back all those little (destructable) props that were scattered around the countryside - those little stones and trees and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Mobile Vehicle Customization, just like in one car tuning mod?

Also coordinates display mod, useful for future cleo/scm scripts.

Edited by KleinMarquez

Hotcoffee, ragdoll mod, black market mod, gang war all over the map on lore/appropriate territory.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:59 AM, Midnight Hitman said:

If R* doesn't add it: Fog, heat/haze, proper sandstorms, atmospheric/unique sky colors for SF, LV, LS and surroundings (like in the OG versions, at least the nights in deserts/LV looked different as I remember), and other effects that were removed from the OG versions.

And adding back all those little (destructable) props that were scattered around the countryside - those little stones and trees and so on.

Heat Haze is already in the game

Midnight Hitman

@Sonny_Black

Where?

I don't mean that heat effect when using the hydra, I mean that blurry heat effect that San Andreas had on hot/sunny weather (especially the desert and Las Venturas looked great with that).

• 2 weeks later...
FixationOnDarkness

I really hope to see something like Codewalker (GTA V) where the map can be modified while rendered.