3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Complaints & Criticisms Topic

Spider-Vice

Use this topic to air your grievances and criticisms about the game. Just please be civil between one another, and make an attempt to follow the general forum rules regardless of one's opinion and we'll all be good.

There is no need for insults or getting aggressive over contrary opinions. Begin!

• Like 3

billiejoearmstrong8

I suck and didn't see the whole list of discussion threads! Apologies, feel free to delete this.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

2 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

A thread simply for posting your opinions on the game whether positive, negative or (probably for most people) somewhere in between wouldn't encourage these extremes and divisiveness.

Then how come everytime we try and have that it ends up in a bloodbath?

billiejoearmstrong8
Just now, Jason said:

Then how come everytime we try and have that it ends up in a bloodbath?

Maybe I'm too optimistic but it seems a shame there can't be civil discussion between people with different opinions. And seems like dividing it just sets up for two camps to fight in both places. But I dunno, I noticed there are other threads where more can be discussed and edited my post so never mind.

• Like 1

You can use the pinned launch topics for general debates and discussions. These are just specific areas for "like-minded" folks to gather.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Maybe I'm too optimistic but it seems a shame there can't be civil discussion between people with different opinions.

I can speak for literally all of GTAF staff when I say we completely agree.

It's either the way we have it at the moment or a bloodbath that results in a moderation nightmare, it's a no-win scenario for us we're just going with the one that results in the least arguments.

• Like 4

billiejoearmstrong8

Yeah I took a better look at the list of topics and realised there was no need to complain, sorry guys!

• Like 1

Why do shadows cast from the sun move the way they do? Instead of moving smoothly with the sun they move in large timed bursts. I’m hoping this is a bug

Time 32:21

Tank has now really fast reloading, but fun thing happens when he shoot down helicopter,that helicopter crashed and multiplied(!) with one of them started spinning and flying like bullet towards CJ.

I never experienced this kind of bug in original SA. Every time I see video, I found more and more bugs and glitches...

• Like 3

Lock n' Stock

I think someone else pointed this out before, but aren't the palm trees in both VC and SA geographically incorrect? It also looks like both games share the same textures for them.

2 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I think someone else pointed this out before, but aren't the palm trees in both VC and SA geographically incorrect? It also looks like both games share the same textures for them.

Well the only palm tree that is native to Los Angeles in real life is the California fan palm. I am not a palm tree expert but I think the palm trees you in SA aren't California fan palms. They have a thick cluster of leaves near the top of the tree and the leaves you see are clustered together creating a thicker image of the top. They also don't reach far.

Washingtonia%20filifera%20old%20Phoenix.

Washingtonia_filifera_image64.jpg

Edit: Just because it's the only tree native there it doesn't mean they couldn't have planted other trees. So it doesn't necessarily mean that the game is geographically incorrect.

Edited by GhettoJesus

1 hour ago, Ondr4H said:

Time 32:21

Tank has now really fast reloading, but fun thing happens when he shoot down helicopter,that helicopter crashed and multiplied(!) with one of them started spinning and flying like bullet towards CJ.

I never experienced this kind of bug in original SA. Every time I see video, I found more and more bugs and glitches...

I hate to see mount chilliad like that, I think there is not even clouds or any fog effect in mount chiliad now? I hope somebody proves me wrong..

• Like 2

My biggest concerns are the vegetation taking time to load in forest and desert areas. Gym muscle mechanics don't work properly. Draw distance is a bit too much. 

60 FPS bug like the slow swimming is still present. 

Edited by SquoniX

Only complaint I truly have imo judging from gameplay is just the draw distance, other than that once I'm actually playing it, it'll probably not bother me as much

flavored_poop

Are there no different animations for buff and fat CJ?

He runs and walks with the same animations.

Buff:

Fat:

Edited by flavored_poop
  • Like 2
  • excuseme 1

Just heard from vloggers that a huge swath of music has been removed from at least San Andreas and Vice City. Not a deal breaker for me. But disappointing. I'm really hoping they make up for it in maybe later patches? Visually, it looks impressive, but waiting till tomorrow to experience it first hand.

2 hours ago, MrSmity said:

The voice lines seem to have lost a lot of quality, you can easily tell on this scene.

Original: 

"Definitive":

The Definitive copium edition

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, S1aveUnit said:

Just heard from vloggers that a huge swath of music has been removed from at least San Andreas and Vice City. Not a deal breaker for me. But disappointing. I'm really hoping they make up for it in maybe later patches? Visually, it looks impressive, but waiting till tomorrow to experience it first hand.

A LOT is missing IMO, it's a huge letdown and makes me somehow glad I didn't preorder

BS_BlackScout

I really, really dislike some stuff in this. 

Why didn't they bother fixing old bugs from Mobile and PC? 

Why did they ditch the far clip making it look ridiculous sharp clear and added 0 atmospheric fog/haze?

Where are the PS2 props next to Four Dragons? 

Midtones... What are midtones?

Why is the lighting so crushed to the extremes of a histogram instead of being evenly distributed? Sometimes you can't see sh*t, that did not happen in the old game. 

I was either generally okay or even positive now I'm leaning towards negative about this game in particular. 

Edited by BS_BlackScout

BS_BlackScout

Extremely flat brightness.

unknown.png

Eye/lens/whatever adaptation is a thing, why not implement it?

The scene gets dark, you bump up the brightness and apply bloom to the rest.
The scene gets lighter, you bring down the brightness and let bloom only apply on very, very bright spots like the sun.

Edited by BS_BlackScout

In my opinion only the effects (particles, water etc..) are good, the lighting needs some tweaking, the draw distance is to big for the map they should have kept the fog effect to hide the fact that the map is not that big but overall it's just a modded game... They have missed a lot of opportunities such as new animations, more vehicles/weapons, new sound effects etc...

EDIT: "Old Reece"...

Edited by 'stote
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrSmity said:

The voice lines seem to have lost a lot of quality, you can easily tell on this scene.

Original: 

"Definitive":

I noticed that indeed, glad it's not my ears being screwed by a cold. The original has much better audio quality and the voices are not like in your head like in the so called "definitive" edition. The only one thing I like in the definitive edition is the radar. The rest is simply sh*t. It's like they literally installed some kind of ENB series with Project 2dfx and so on. Yeah right, €60 for this sh*t. Nope, f*ck this edition. Originals 4Life!

• Like 3

MrGTAmodsgerman
5 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

San Andreas is todally correct as far as i have seen. But reuses GTA V assets which reminds me too much of V.

While VC have the same L.A palm trees instead of tropical coconut ones. Yea, they are incorrect. There are some correct plants in Vice City, but the most iconic ones at Ocean Beach aka Ocean Drive aka Coconut Grove is useing those GTA 5 date palm trees and not "coconuts". I also noticed that they replaced some other plants with some V models instead of trying to remake those plants.

• Like 1