4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City Definitive Edition Complaints & Criticisms Topic

Kirsty

15 minutes ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Forget dual mirrors, how about the fact that these doors next to the windows on the building have no balconies?

How could GSG add parallax interiors to this exact building but forget to change the exterior – that's mental.

25 minutes ago, kBlaise said:

Not really a fair comparison. That video is offline rendered and way beyond what you could achieve with UE4. I think they definitely could've done something more eye popping with the lighting in cutscenes, they look really bland in the remakster.

• Like 2

Just now, 54137845213 said:

Not really a fair comparison. That video is offline rendered and way beyond what you could achieve with UE4. I think they definitely could've done something more eye popping with the lighting in cutscenes, they look really bland in the remakster.

Imagine if that video was remade with the DE models and textures.

MeatSafeMurderer
21 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Speaks for itself...

The rotors are running at about 3 RPM...fantastic!

25 minutes ago, 54137845213 said:

Any experienced lighting artist could achieve something very similar to these renders in UE4 that performs well real-time. Just google 'UE4 lighting demo reel' and you'll find dozens of examples in people's portfolios.

• Like 3

The Coconut Kid

Been playing VC on and off since last night. Lots of fun. Environments are stunning.

Some minor annoyances. No real complaints.

• No more first person camera. Very annoying when it comes to look around for small details.
  • AI driving is out of control. Feels like I'm getting smashed into every ten seconds.
  • The new target outlines when you lock on are tacky. I don't want someone to light up like a Christmas tree when I'm about to light them up.
  • Taillights aren't showing on vehicles at night.
  • Vehicles are very quick to blow up. Literally you get out and they go bang.

8 hours ago, Dingleman said:

I find it a bit odd that Ken's uses his chain as the cutoff point when shaving his chest hair.

kPdReqF.png

Im definitely sure that in DE he cant scare kids even when he tried. Why? He looks like one of them...

Well, I pre-ordered the Switch version of the Trilogy - and it's not been available all day today.  The page Rockstar put up on it yesterday states that it would be released worldwide at 10am EST (US) - which translates to 3pm UK time - it's now 3:10pm UK time, and I still can't play the trilogy.

Rockstar should've allowed it to be played at midnight in each timezone.

MeatSafeMurderer
38 minutes ago, Mindshower said:

qv1vG46.jpg

soul/soulless

It's really unfortunate that people are obsessed with graphics above all else. Yes, undoubtedly the definitive edition is more impressive on a technical level...but like you said, it doesn't have the soul. And it's not even a modern visuals thing, studios like BluePoint, Toys for Bob, etc, have proven that you can completely remake a game, basically from the ground up, whilst keeping the core completely intact. Just look at something like Shadow of the Colossus, the remake is visually on a whole 'nother level than the PS2 version, but it's still very obviously looks and feels like SotC. No...what the DE is missing is passion. It's a cashgrab that was outsourced to a studio that couldn't give a rat's ass...and it shows.

I kinda hate how the did zero to add some functions that can with little effort improve gameplay.

So limit of flying height of helicopters and planes are still here.

Tommy swimming now? Are you mad? We are too lazy here at GSG, we are just copy/pasting game from renderware to unreal!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, sonnyC said:

What's PC performance like? I'm hearing that GTA3 isn't optimized at all.

What are your specs? If you have an RTX GPU it should run pretty well in 1440p. On 10 series GPUs there might be drops below 60 FPS at ultra settings.

9 minutes ago, DEALUX said:

What are your specs? If you have an RTX GPU it should run pretty well in 1440p. On 10 series GPUs there might be drops below 60 FPS at ultra settings.

Not my specs, but someone else is running a GTX 1080 Ti and apparently it rarely, if ever, goes above 60FPS. I'd have thought a 20yo game with a mostly cosmetic remaster would run smoothly even on low-end hardware.

23 hours ago, rbix said:

My favorite radio station.........

jTeZEbT.png

I've heard Japanese Boy and Video Killed the Radio Star.

• Realistic Steak! 1

2 hours ago, LeakyLine said:

I've heard Japanese Boy and Video Killed the Radio Star.

Yeah I heard every song except Billy Jean, so only that song is missing from Flash.

Russi4nW4rrior

This shows how much GSG cares. They couldn't even be bothered with the R* official logo... (look at the mini-map)

I just noticed on top of the star being wrong the "R" isn't correct either. Look at the bottom that connects to the star it isn't even at the same angle and it is overall to straight. This is how GSG treats R*'s legacy.

pXlHyWQ.png

Edited by Russi4nW4rrior

14 minutes ago, Russi4nW4rrior said:

This shows how much GSG cares. They couldn't even be bothered with the R* official logo... (look at the mini-map)

pXlHyWQ.png

That looks so cheap, like many other little things.

Wasted screen cringes me out. Looks like something from android game.

Edited by MrLorenzo

I've been playing VC (PS4) some more, and have siden a couple of bugs/glitches. 

-Besch hut popped in about 10m in front of my car while driving on the beach

-Multiple cases of vehicles that have nosedived into the road (then proceeding to explode)

- A couple of cars that seem to have spawned upside down for some reason (also exploding of course).

Also, whoever from R* distributed that radio station track list, well, I don't even know what to say about that sh*tshow. For instance Flash FM seems to actually include every song that was listed as removed except for Billy Jean.

32 minutes ago, teitur said:

I've been playing VC (PS4) some more, and have siden a couple of bugs/glitches. 

-Besch hut popped in about 10m in front of my car while driving on the beach

-Multiple cases of vehicles that have nosedived into the road (then proceeding to explode)

- A couple of cars that seem to have spawned upside down for some reason (also exploding of course).

Also, whoever from R* distributed that radio station track list, well, I don't even know what to say about that sh*tshow. For instance Flash FM seems to actually include every song that was listed as removed except for Billy Jean.

I was very surprised to hear Running With The Night by Lionel Richie again. That song was only in the very first PS2 release.

• Like 2

Haven't bought and played it myself yet and right now I don't think I will either. From what I've seen so far I'm a bit disappointed. I honestly expected more upgrades as far as animations and all that stuff go. While the upgraded city looks great and all, it feels off to me. On the contrary, the characters look like crap. Seeing/hearing about different bugs and whatnot kind of puts me off as well. I still have the original PC box at my disposal if I ever feel the urge to revisit (the classic) VC.

This game holds such a historic importance to me as it really launched my biggest interest in life - 1980's culture and heavy metal music. Almost 20 years later they remain my biggest interests, thanks to this game. I was absolutely obsessed with VC as a kid and I more or less played it religiously between 2002-2006. I basically "lived" inside of this game. But watching gameplay of this DE version of it, I just feel like there are too many changes done to my old baby, you know? Maybe this is better left alone imo, to keep my memories of the original intact.

Edited by Watain

2 hours ago, Russi4nW4rrior said:

I just noticed on top of the star being wrong the "R" isn't correct either. Look at the bottom that connects to the star it isn't even at the same angle and it is overall to straight. This is how GSG treats R*'s legacy.

pXlHyWQ.png

I don't actually remember but did that place originally had a logo on the map too? it's been so long.

Edited by The_Ghost

Russi4nW4rrior
20 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I don't actually remember but did that place originally had a logo on the map too? it's been so long.

It did not it was added with this remaster.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Russi4nW4rrior

1 minute ago, Russi4nW4rrior said:

It did not it was added with this remaster.

Ah I thought so, they did a poor job with that one they added in there lol

41 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I think it was meant to be like a little Easter egg.

And they just put it on the map .

• Like 1