2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Praise & Appreciation Topic

Spider-Vice

Love the new games? Express yourself here! Much like the criticism topic, please keep it civil, follow the general forum rules regardless of one's opinion about something and please keep it civil. There is zero need for insulting or bickering.

Begin!

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Nah nah nah Gta 6

this updated hot coffee is bussin'

I would say that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas looks good. Not as good as Grand Theft Auto III, though.

However, I like how the sunny San Andreas look. 

Edited by Americana

Lonely-Martin

I played all 3 a little, but San Andreas was where I spent the most time exploring and driving about. Felt great to hold on a BMX and twat about too.

I just know this'll entertain, couldn't stop looking around enjoying the views and I look forward to getting stuck into my favourite of the GTA games here in San An. Took me back to those times we get a new GTA and are too distracted to play more missions for a while and just settle into the game.

Visited many of my more favourite spots, and it's pretty cool how as I was plodding about what I kept remembering along the way. From certain missions to where guns are or jumps etc. Already can't wait until I get some free time tomorrow to get stuck in. Yay!

This definitive edition looks impressive. Granted, I've only had a look at some YouTube videos but I'm really surprised at how much I like it and some of the positive reports from users about the controls etc. I'm looking forward to begin my new SA journey again. 

• Best Bru 2

7 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

This definitive edition looks impressive. Granted, I've only had a look at some YouTube videos but I'm really surprised at how much I like it and some of the positive reports from users about the controls etc. I'm looking forward to begin my new SA journey again. 

You mind sending me  a postcard screenie from Palomino Creek, Back-o-Beyond, Angel Pine, and Bayside? Also, I'd love to see sandstorms in the Definitive Edition.

Just now, DODI3OG said:

You mind sending me  a postcard screenie from Palomino Creek, Back-o-Beyond, Angel Pine, and Bayside? Also, I'd love to see sandstorms in the Definitive Edition.

Ha! I wish! I'm in work only watching YouTube videos

37 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

Ha! I wish! I'm in work only watching YouTube videos

I don't even have a platform to play these games rn. I sold my PS3 and PS4. So I can focus on work and saving for the PS5. It'd take ma a long long time to prolly get back into San Andreas.

Started with SA today like I planned. Man! The world is so nostalgic and more immersive than what Cyberpunk 2077 is. I love how the game plays so smooth. Nevermind how the characters look, how some of the voices sound, etc. Whatever common complaints. I can't really say anything bad. The game is exactly how I saw it first all those years ago.

7 minutes ago, S1aveUnit said:

Started with SA today like I planned. Man! The world is so nostalgic and more immersive than what Cyberpunk 2077 is. I love how the game plays so smooth. Nevermind how the characters look, how some of the voices sound, etc. Whatever common complaints. I can't really say anything bad. The game is exactly how I saw it first all those years ago.

Yeah, it just takes me back to when i first played it. I'd give it a 7/10 for now, but with the incoming patches it will probably get close to a 10. No regrets buying it.

In this version, pedestrians will now get caught on fire when crossing whether you started it or not. This is awesome. Even bystanders will get caught of fire by the burning ped. They look real charred up afterward.

Edited by gtafaninwest

Game looks and feels incredible. There are some bugs yeah but overall it does feel familiar and new at the same time. Really wish the co-op option was still there though but with online play instead. Maybe expanded to 4 players. Could only imagine how chaotic a 4 player rampage could’ve been. Overall though great game, great graphics and lighting. Will definitely revisit the PS2 version from time to time.

I'm actually this was a remaster and a ground up remake as it feels nostalgic finding weapons, tags, cars, locations, ect you already had memorized from playing it over and over the years...feels like a homecoming!!!

MagicManGotNoJams

I really enjoy how the peds in San Andreas (i haven't played the other 2 yet) look different like they change colors from time to time or that they have different accessories on like one of the hookers just had sunglasses on or some of the peds with bucketheads don't wear them sometime really like that about this

Having an absolute blast playing through it. It feels and looks exactly how i wanted it too. It also helps that i played the OG GTA SA on PS2 last week.

I could just stand on a street corner in the hood and watch the world go by for hours

4 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

I like how this thread feels almost dead compared to the other one.

If somebody is enjoying the game they are more likely to be playing it than bitching online. Where as if you hate the game you want to go online and vent about it.

• Like 3

The thread is here for people to post praise but a criticism topic will be much more active always in any case, it's like online reviews. :p 

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Algonquin Assassin
5 minutes ago, Chazza354 said:

Does anyone truly believe this is worthy of appreciation or praise? lol. At best it's ok/fine/bare minimum.

Well an admin made the thread so yeah I guess there’s a worthiness for some appreciation and praise.

The negative critics have their own thread to vent out as much as they want so why can’t others have some where to post what they like and want to praise? 

Anyway I’m just getting into the story and again like GTA III and Vice City most of what I’ve seen has been very impressive. Even though I’ve never been a huge San Andreas fan I’ve always admired some of its little intricacies.

Haven’t been to the countryside yet, but from what I’ve seen in images it looks really cool especially with the new foliage models and grass textures.

• Like 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Well an admin made the thread so yeah I guess there’s a worthiness for some appreciation and praise.

The infinite draw distance really ruins this game for me and just because of that I have to stick to the old versions despite the graphical improvements. They should have reduced the fog but not completely wipe it off the map. It's ridiculous to see Mount Chiliad from Las Venturas.

Algonquin Assassin
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

The infinite draw distance really ruins this game for me and just because of that I have to stick to the old versions despite the graphical improvements. They should have reduced the fog but not completely wipe it off the map. It's ridiculous to see Mount Chiliad from Las Venturas.

I don’t get why you had to quote that specific part of my post just to say that, but ok? *shrugs*.

• Like 2

nicktestbranch

i'm saddened that they didn't expand beyond the one city in the mission Saint Mark's Bistro, that city looks like it could have its own game

TheSantader25
Just now, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

I don’t get why you had to quote that specific part of my post justto  to say that, but ok? *shrugs*.

Your post was too long so I had to cut a bit of it down. Technically I meant to quote the whole thing.

Algonquin Assassin
3 minutes ago, nicktestbranch said:

i'm saddened that they didn't expand beyond the one city in the mission Saint Mark's Bistro, that city looks like it could have its own game

It does. It’s called GTA III and LCS.😛

1 minute ago, TheSantader25 said:

Your post was too long so I had to cut a bit of it down. Technically I meant to quote the whole thing.

Each to their own, but I kinda prefer the increased draw distance simply for the fact I can see Downtown Los Santos now and not feel like everything is shrouded in a persistent fog.

nicktestbranch

wow, i'm at least hoping Los Santos will get a RAGE game someday too

• KEKW 1

28 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Haven’t been to the countryside yet, but from what I’ve seen in images it looks really cool especially with the new foliage models and grass textures.

Most of the models and textures for the new foliage are from GTA V.

24 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

UdDqTQd.png

Actually, there's still some kind of fog in the game. The draw distance is just messed up that when you get to a higher elevation, the fog is no longer visible.

11 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Each to their own, but I kinda prefer the increased draw distance simply for the fact I can see Downtown Los Santos now and not feel like everything is shrouded in a persistent fog.

I also love the increased draw distance as I used to max it out in my GTA SA playthroughs and even heavily modded it. The thing is, they messed up the way things are rendered high up in the air. Unlike GTA V where the fog is still visible even if you can see from one end of the map to the other.

i have been complaining a lot (at least for me) but i will say that the environments in all 3 of these are stellar. san andreas is probably my favorite out of the bunch - i really love what they did with los santos. as @MiamiViceCity1986 noted the increased draw distance does a lot for making the place feel less stuffy

• Like 1

nicktestbranch

On a non-sh*tposting note, I have been seeing video and pictures of San Fierro. I think they did a superb job with remastering parts of it, considering in the original it seemed to be a rushed map. I'd love to see San Fierro in the HD universe someday as I consider it a fairly scenic city, even if it's challenging to come up with a relevant story where its location fits a satirical view. It's a shame we didn't get the full San Andreas in GTA V, but I don't necessarily blame anyone for sticking to Los Santos, while revisioning the countryside. It's just that the pieces that made San Andreas feel diverse and open in its game were missing from GTA V without San Fierro or Las Venturas.

With that note, I haven't watched much of Las Venturas yet to give judgement as a fan who doesn't plan to buy the Definitive Edition in the near future. 

The fire spreading 🔥  effects are absolutely amazing!

The fire burns for hours (in game clock) and just keep spreading!