4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA III Launch Bugs & Issues Reporting

GTAKid667

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Please remember we have a Bugs forum (click me) where you can either make a topic for your issue, or reply to existing ones, so it's all a little bit more organised for everyone, thanks!

The pager tone sometimes doesn't play correctly. 

Also, why did they make the pager black? Not a bug, but changing it from red to black just seems unnecessary. 

• Like 2

Countdown to annou... Oh, right...

The GTA VI Leak Archive | GTA VI Timeline of Events | Analyzing the Past

PS5 AI pathing is messed up or the roads seem to be in different spots the the textures and cars are using the sidewalk.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

PS5 collision and textures are out of align with barriers also the road marking draw around you as you drive in this car park this is all at the staunton island hospital although the barries do spawn elsewhere with the same issue.

• KEKW 2

Matt McMuscles posted a video where he played the Xbox Series X version of GTA III: Definitive Edition due to the PC version being unavailable, and all of the game's sounds are broken and don't sound right at all.

He did not edit the footage, that's how the game actually sounds like on the XSX at the moment.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

On 11/12/2021 at 3:36 AM, Zerdical said:

controller not working, keyboard not working. Only mouse. Issue happens for all 3 games, literally can not even play

Windows 7? Do you use a legit copy of the game or a cracked one? It is unclear whether it is a game or a crack issue.

Does anybody play on a legit (non-cracked) version of the trilogy on Windows 7?

Edited by Thug_

11 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

Okay, I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or if I'm just not remembering it. But this keeps happening to me, where npc will attempt to dive out of the way of my car, when I drive dangerously near them. The problem is, they don't actually dive out of the way of my car... they dive into my car and get squished.

This didn't happen originally, right?

This was always a constant problem on the PS2, funny but really annoying when a police car was behind you.

Barriers secluding Callahan Bridge are back.

edit: oh wait, they tend to get invisible during gameplay :kekw:

Edited by kubon352

11 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

The pager tone sometimes doesn't play correctly. 

Also, why did they make the pager black? Not a bug, but changing it from red to black just seems unnecessary. 

GTA 3 on Mobile had it black, and it's probably built upon that which wasn't a bad build

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clipper95 said:

GTA 3 on Mobile had it black, and it's probably built upon that which wasn't a bad build

Yeah, it did, I'm aware. But I still don't like it. Now I know how the Star Wars fans felt when the Special Editions released lmao. So many unnecessary changes.

(They were the first versions I ever saw, so they never bothered me).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

This was always a constant problem on the PS2, funny but really annoying when a police car was behind you.

It's not. Just gone back and checked. It's far far worse in the Definitive Edition. Pedestrians literally dive into my car. On PS2 they dive to the side, away from my car. Just captured some clips, so I'll upload soon and update the post.

For those who want a further draw distance for GTA 3, thanks to @SanjiX7 for finding this

Find CustomSettings.ini in Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA III Definitive Edition\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Remove the ";" in front of gta.worldcomp.distmult and play around with the value, i left it at 3.0 but it did have a large performance hit.

BEFORE:

Grand_Theft_Auto_3_Definitive_Edition_Screenshot_2021.11.15_-_21.24.01.17.png

I didnt like how you couldnt see all the night lights in upstate unless you got really close to it (around the car dealership)

AFTER:

Grand_Theft_Auto_3_Definitive_Edition_Screenshot_2021.11.15_-_21.22.53.65.png

Now we can see the lights on the mountain aswell as some buildings in portland are rendered nicer. 

MrGTAmodsgerman

PC

Minimap corrdinates are todally off. The whole map is also using GTA SA art style instead of GTA III one.

Spoiler

1QTT8Cx.jpg62f7iJT.jpg

Gap in subway tunnel somewhere (location unknown)

Spoiler

axSlhEe.png

Collision accuracy issue

Spoiler

6NeIGeE.png

Normals issue on the ground

Spoiler

1RjwM3x.png

Missing bridge collsion which i am not sure, maybe was on purpose. I tried first driving trough the bridge in the mission where you have to go back to first island. Which at the end have to be done direclty by the pier trough a boat (which safed a lot of time anyway at the end) But the option with the bridge failed.

Spoiler

iXv2cnR.png

vq7t7Xx.png

ae2SVBn.png

And there is a issue which i can't make images of. With controller connected onto PC (Xbox 360 in my case), it looks like that i can't aim much that high with it. I failed serveral time the mission where you have to throw grenates into that room. I was very confused until i found out that i can throw them much higher by using right click mouse.

That was the mission:

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman

Bugs:

• The timer for the mission appears at the very right edge of the monitor, although in the SA (DE) it is located relative to the HUD. My monitor resolution is 2560x1080 (21:9).
  • The tips at the top left overlap the pager.
Edited by dnl
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

Minimap corrdinates are todally off. The whole map is also using GTA SA art style instead of GTA III one.

The player icon also renders above the road, but below the grey lines denoting a bridge, on the pause map.

---

Xbox Series X

fcihZ1t.png

I can also confirm the minimap is off on Xbox Series X, not just PC.

• Like 3

Read and watched a few reviews on these remasters. It's such a shame, Rockstar being once hailed as one of the greatest game developers have fallen afoul of this "sell it broken, fix in updates" game. 

I'm having bugs/glitch issues with a completely different game recently released (Jurassic World Evolution 2) but I won't go into that here and now reading on the issues with these games I'm just getting the whole video game industry is relying on 'remasters'. 

I also recently bought NFS Hot Pursuit on PS4, great PS3 game, I was never going to pay the RRP for it however and managed to snag a new copy for £15. I appreciate time and effort goes into making games but I feel very begrudged paying full price for a game that's already been released once, (or 20 times in terms of GTA V). 

Only for said game to be released broken and in some cases unplayable I think developers have a cheek to do this. You can argue "it's not Rockstar's fault" but at the end of the day, it's their logo on the box and credits and they would have had final say to allow this broken, unfinished game to be released. Sorry, having a rant.

Anyone know why o mio babino caro don't appear in the Double cheff radio? i think they don't lost the rights for that song

You get a wanted level for entering your own vehicle (if a cop sees you) when restarting a mission checkpoint.

• Like 1

harry_the_head

Platform: PS4

Version: 1.01

1) In mission "Turismo" - no sound effect when driving through the point

2) Pressing the sprint button works correctly only if you hold it down (option to hold and not repeat pressing is set in the settings)

3) It seems you can't take a prostitute. She sits in the passenger seat and nothing happens.

4) Something with a "get in the car" button. It works, but not always.

5) On Game FM radio (possibly on others), different volume levels on music tracks

• Like 1

Game crashed last night during Gangcar Round up as I was delivering the Diablo Stallion. Garage wouldn’t open and then crash. So frustrating. Luckily second play through it didn’t do that and I was able to complete it. 

Also when I went to paint and spray on second island the door to the garage appeared closed but I drove through it and then it functioned normally. 

Random advice for that mission. I got the Mafia Sentinel down the street from where you get Tony’s missions. Much easier than going to Salvatore’s place. 

Edited by Mz. Hazey

Hayden Matthews

I noticed something different about this version than the original in which I think is a bug. The crosswalk lights are stuck at the walking man not changing to the red hand and also it is no longer using the words like Don't Walk or Walk like back in the old days.

I'm just going to share some of the mistakes I've seen, I hope it's not repetitive.

"Parallax effect" does not match the exterior of some environments.

There's a wall that has a door, but it doesn't, another one has a window, but it has a door.

Confused, shows how they "focused" on the details, sorry for the initial explosion of the video.

https://gameclips.io/Rafamendes93/2e15d03a-2377-4c87-9bc7-432e16c95937/embed

Grids are rigid barriers, some rotate or enter the terrain.

https://gameclips.io/Rafamendes93/b4d8b886-a9b7-4180-a52f-870b025acd36/embed

On 11/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, Helegad said:
  • For multi-monitor setups, the application will not choose the designated main monitor to display on. I literally have to start the application, physically disconnect the unwanted monitor, then reconnect it to get the display on my main.

This is a late reply but I wanted to tell you that I've experienced the same issue, and there is a rather simple workaround for it. There's a windows feature to shift & snap windows between monitors with keyboard shortcuts. This works with all windows on your desktop, and is useful for general purposes in your desktop workspace, but is also useful for correcting window placements of some games that open incorrectly on multi-monitor setups without window titles (as to deny your ability to drag and reorient them.)

Use Win+Shift+Arrow Right or Arrow Left to move a window to the neighboring monitor. It will cycle through all monitors in order as you'd expect.

Use Win+Arrow Right or Arrow Left to move a window into snapped positions within monitors. Like before it will cycle through snapped positions on all monitors as you'd expect.

Use Win+Arrow Up to maximize a window. Use Win+Arrow Down to Restore Down a window, and pressing it once again will completely minimize the window. As expected, pressing up and up again will reverse the previous two actions.

Your bug report is still valid, but this may rid the need for you to unplug your monitor. I've used these hotkeys to place GTAIII:DE on the correct monitor and now the game even launches on the correct monitor as expected. It also runs correctly in 3440x1440 which is the correct output display resolution of the monitor, despite the fact that the settings claim it's running in 2560x1440. I have three monitors, two 2560x1440, one 3440x1440 in the middle. I've had issues like this with tons of games, game opens on whichever monitor it wants to, then adapts the resolution of that monitor (so if it opened in 2560x1440, snapping it to the middle 3440x1440 display will typically keep the 2560x1440 resolution -- some games it will even stretch to fill the space -- some games it just won't fill the space so it just stays running in the wrong resolution fitted to the left side of the monitor; not sure which of these I find worse..) Unfortunately ultrawide and multi-monitor setups don't get a lot of love, but I can confirm Unreal engine does support it. Just Win+Shift from one monitor to another and it should adapt to it correctly.

Hope this helps. 👍

suicidehummer

Hitting Y to enter a car almost never seems to work the first time. I have to hit it multiple times, and unless he's facing right toward the door, he'll just walk into the side of the car again and again. Anybody else getting that?