1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA III Launch Bugs & Issues Reporting

GTAKid667

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Please remember we have a Bugs forum (click me) where you can either make a topic for your issue, or reply to existing ones, so it's all a little bit more organised for everyone, thanks!

Playing GTA III DE on PS4. My main issue is I cannot adjust the safe zones/screen size of the game.

When I deliver a car to the import exprt garage, the screen says:

"elivered like a pro. Complete the list and there will be a bonus for y"

In san Andreas the dialog sub titles are appearing half way off screen at the bottom

• Like 1

livesunderthelighthouse
3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

In the Mission "Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up", Pay n Spray's door sounds keep playing repeatedly instead of just once. Has anyone else encountered this?

Yeah, its actually all doors, in salvatore mansion, bomb shop and another p'n's also.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Is it normal to hear San Andreas pause menu sounds in III and Vice City? It just sounds weird to me in these games. III and Vice City had it’s own unique sound when navigating the pause menu. I mean, it’s not really that big of a deal

considering there are many more other issues.

Also, speaking of menus the OG ones were way better.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Xbox series x version.

Collision issues acrossed the whole game but especially with the yellow guard rails over the whole map of 3. Half of each ones collision box isnt lined up at all so half of each rail you can walk through and the other half of its box is in the space between it and the next rail so if you go in between you will almost definitely get stopped by it. Sucks bc these are all over the roadsides and even in parking lot entrances. Can really suck when in a chase and you get stopped bc of this issue. 

Edited by Calelsun

Cheesy Vaginas

PS5 version

1. Garage door sounds loop incorrectly 

2. Boat sounds loop incorrectly

3. Stinger engine sound loops incorrectly at top speed (possibly other vehicles, too?)

4. Too many things floating and not touching ground such as light posts, fences, piles of leaves, etc.

5. Some props and effects are places they don't belong. Some things sticking through walls, placed at wrong angle, etc. And there should not be piles of leaves on a bridge with no trees around and there should not be freaking rain puddles and leaves IN AN UNDERGROUND TUNNEL.

6. It rains inside some garages.

7. If you look at the ocean while it's raining you will notice the rain does not pass through ocean water on screen correctly.

8. The rain itself is too white and looks ugly with white streaks all over screen. (More of a design choice than bug)

9. Boat used in S.A.M. mission does not turn correctly with handbrake like it used to. Haven't tried other boats.

10. During Donald Love cutscene when he's running on treadmill, his footsteps can be heard throughout cutscene even after he steps off treadmill. (I believe this started with Xbox port)

11. During Kenji's mission Shima when the Diablos rough up Uncle BJ's Deli, the exterior of the shop no longer shows damage after it was vandalized. (If not a bug then either laziness or oversight of important details)

12. Frame rate issues obviously.

13. Esperanto does not seem to brake correctly. It brakes much slower than before.

14. Sprinting is delayed after tapping X with tap to sprint turned on.

I will post more when they come to me.

Switch version : Almost all garage doors have a repetitive sound glitch.  Vehicle spawns seem to be massively screwed up in such a way that it makes incredibly rare vehicles insanely easy to get.  (Try finding a Mr Whoopie on the PS2 game, then try again on the Definitive edition - you can spend tens of hours looking for one on the PS2 no matter what you try, yet in the Definitive Edition if you're in certain vehicles, you can't move for them spawning in all over the damn place)

Can't tell if a bug or intentional cloths/clothes/clothing?

DE

unknown.png

Original

unknown.png ZIP-GTAIII-logo.gif

PS5 version: GTA III DE:

- In order to theft/steal an auto, you must to be stopped before. In the original you can be moving and meanwhile press triangle to steal an auto.

- Some textures don't match or are not sticked to the collision object, so you can "sink" into an object or vice versa: you bump into something invisible.

- Graphic glitches with the fog, if you look up the sky and turn the view around you, you can see "segments" of fogs, with this form: <<< or >>>

3 hours ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

PS5 version

1. Garage door sounds loop incorrectly 

2. Boat sounds loop incorrectly

3. Stinger engine sound loops incorrectly at top speed (possibly other vehicles, too?)

4. Too many things floating and not touching ground such as light posts, fences, piles of leaves, etc.

5. Some props and effects are places they don't belong. Some things sticking through walls, placed at wrong angle, etc. And there should not be piles of leaves on a bridge with no trees around and there should not be freaking rain puddles and leaves IN AN UNDERGROUND TUNNEL.

6. It rains inside some garages.

7. If you look at the ocean while it's raining you will notice the rain does not pass through ocean water on screen correctly.

8. The rain itself is too white and looks ugly with white streaks all over screen. (More of a design choice than bug)

9. Boat used in S.A.M. mission does not turn correctly with handbrake like it used to. Haven't tried other boats.

10. During Donald Love cutscene when he's running on treadmill, his footsteps can be heard throughout cutscene even after he steps off treadmill. (I believe this started with Xbox port)

11. During Kenji's mission Shima when the Diablos rough up Uncle BJ's Deli, the exterior of the shop no longer shows damage after it was vandalized. (If not a bug then either laziness or oversight of important details)

12. Frame rate issues obviously.

13. Esperanto does not seem to brake correctly. It brakes much slower than before.

14. Sprinting is delayed after tapping X with tap to sprint turned on.

I will post more when they come to me.

About the 4 point (floating objects) it's a bug from the original. I was playing the "original" GTA III (PS4 version, that is a "PS2") and as you say, there are some light posts, fences, shrubbery... floating.

6 hours ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

Always been that way. It's a heavy bastard of a car.

Cheesy Vaginas
29 minutes ago, Helegad said:

Always been that way. It's a heavy bastard of a car.

Damn I don't remember it being that bad. I just played the original all the way through last week, and several times before. Maybe it's the extra input lag.

I've been playing on PS5 and these are the bugs and issues I've noticed so far, including some which have already been mentioned. I'll keep this post updated with any further issues I find. I'd recommend people to consider filing bug reports on the Rockstar Support website too.

There are also a few consistency and continuity issues:

• The Radio Wheel uses icons from GTA San Andreas and Liberty City Stories. Particularly an issue with K-Jah and MSX because in those games they have slightly different names which are reflected in these logos.
  • The game logo is inconsistent in several places. The original logo is used in the intro video but that one is to be expected as they're using the same video. However, the loadscreens seem to use a hybrid logo featuring the modern "Grand Theft Auto" text and the old white "III" spaced from the "Auto", while the pause screen uses the new logo with the red "III" joined like the newer games. Perhaps there were different logos throughout development?
  • If we want to be particularly picky, there are a few weapon and map icons from the other games too, as well as the San Andreas menu sounds.
Edited by GTAKid667

PS5 version: GTA III DE (same VC and SA):

- It's not displayed a date/hour for savegames slots (it's a mess if you play using some slots).

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:43 PM, GTAKid667 said:

I've been playing on PS5 and these are the bugs and issues I've noticed so far, including some which have already been mentioned. I'll keep this post updated with any further issues I find. I'd recommend people to consider filing bug reports on the Rockstar Support website too.

There are also a few consistency and continuity issues:

• The Radio Wheel uses icons from GTA San Andreas and Liberty City Stories. Particularly an issue with K-Jah and MSX because in those games they have slightly different names with are reflected in these logos.
  • The game logo is inconsistent in several places. The original logo is used in the intro video but that one is to be expected as they're using the same video. However, the loadscreens seem to use a hybrid logo featuring the modern "Grand Theft Auto" text and the old white "III" spaced from the "Auto", while the pause screen uses the new logo with the red "III" joined like the newer games. Perhaps there were different logos throughout development?
  • If we want to be particularly picky, there are a few weapon and map icons from the other games too, as well as the San Andreas menu sounds.

Some problems happen only with 60 or more fps (more fps only on PC, of course), so try to use 30 fps

Not a bug but: i want original menu sounds in GTAIII & VC

Edited by FulVal85

Playing on Xbox One after the mission "Rigged To Blow" i have a constantly have a marker leading me to a pay n spray and the icon is constantly on my map even if im not near it

Playing gta 3 DE on ps4 and I’ve noticed Claude doesn’t turn his head/body to look at peds when they’re passing by or he doesn’t use his middle finger when cars blowing their horn at him like in ps2 and mobile versions. Wonder if it’s just ps4, maybe bug preventing the animation or was removed. 

On PS5, in the Kenji mission where you have to steal a Yardie Lobo, it never spawns in the Yardie Area. I've tried everything, like restarting the app, and it still doesn't spawn.

unknown_-_2021-11-13T160737.746.png

Yakuza Diablos

The much feared El Burro - Kenji Coalition is here... the Diabluzas!

They f*cked with these games so hard they broke the lore, I'm done. :sadkek:

Darealbandicoot

The headlights cast this strange texture on certain roads PS5

e9ae42c0458c0eaef23edcaf67756dbf.jpg

Edited by Darealbandicoot

My issues so far

NPC dies instantly when hitting a train

Vehicle explodes way too quick

Bugged out fog

Bugged out rain

Game wont load

Hate this sand texture

Hate this water texture

• Like 1

Physics bug: After a vehicle takes enough damage to start burning, they explode twice as fast in 'Performance Mode' (60fps) vs 'Fidelity Mode' (30fps).

Xbox Series X, but I presume this happens on PS5, also.

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 2
  • excuseme 1

23 hours ago, apdapreturns said:

There are only bathroom for women in Belleville Park.

Q6BLIkc.png

why-are-you-why-are-you-gay.gif

They used the wrong LPD logo.

spfpjug.png

They most likely googled LCPD and took the first thing that popped up on the search results, it's the HD Universe LCPD logo that appeared in IV and it's episodes featuring the very iconic police brutality at the center of it. It also has "City of Liberty" on the sides.

This is the original where it just says "Liberty City"Bgr6Nj5.png

I know oversights like these are small and not worth mentioning but they pile up and just goes to show how little they cared about preserving them with AI upscaled textures that completely missed the point to just plastering GTA IV and V textures in it.

Truly a disastrous cash grab.

PS5. GTA III DE. Fidelity mode.

Rendering fog issue (and weird rain pattern on the floor) when the fog begins to appear and look up the sky around you.

Edited by sutalu

17 minutes ago, kubon352 said:

It's raining in Salvatore's mansion

It's a common bug with rain. You can even notice it raining inside the police van, in the intro cutscene. It rains in a lot of 'indoor' locations throughout the trilogy.

Okay, I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or if I'm just not remembering it. But this keeps happening to me, where npc will attempt to dive out of the way of my car, when I drive dangerously near them. The problem is, they don't actually dive out of the way of my car... they dive into my car and get squished.

This didn't happen originally, right?

Original GTA III - Peds dive out of the way of your car

GTA III "Definitive Edition" - Peds suicidally dive into your car

Edited by Len Lfc
  • KEKW 1