San Andreas Launch Bugs & Issues Reporting

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Please remember we have a Bugs forum (click me) where you can either make a topic for your issue, or reply to existing ones, so it's all a little bit more organised for everyone, thanks!

I'm a huge GTA SA fan, I've spent like 10k hours on it already and I had big hopes for the remaster but it all went to sh*t after few minutes of playing. Frame rate on Xbox One is worse than in RDR2 or GTA 5 with frames dropping down to 18s in open fields with lots of grass. Textures are bugging in every cutscene (I have CJ with afro and beard and it's always his whole face going all blue and pixelated for some reason). The envoirment looks just horrible, there are lots of places where textures are missing, especially in countryside. Game is crashing every now and then, the auto aim is irritating to the point that I had to turn it off and it actually plays better, textures pop in randomly while driving at slightly higher speed, weird grain effect on everything on Xbox One, yea the arms and other body parts in cutscenes 🤐 Thank god it's on game pass otherwise I would refund the fu*k out of it instantly. (FIX THE DAMN DRAW DISTANCE)

• Like 1

(PS5) when u get muscles there's no animation of walking or running differences, same happens when u get fat, the walking animation is the same as if u where skinny, 2nd, why CJ feels so slow when running, he just have 1 velocity, what I mean is that, the faster u tap the running button u are supposed to run faster, but in the definitive edition, u can be killing the button and CJ will still run at 1 velocity, same happens when swimming, 3rd there is textures that are from PS2 still, I understand that in a way because I played this game for 20 years but man... I paid for this, anyway 4th aiming on console is nothing compared to what it was before, aiming feels awkward in this game u have to be aiming 1 by 1 while in the original al version u just tap and tap and tap the aiming button while firing and the character will aim at everybody at almost the same time, 5th and last for me thanks for doing this remaster but I feel that this game wasn't supposed to come out now, this game still have textures bug, some clothes turns into rainbow squares, optimization in PS5 or PC are just horrible, gameplay without what I mention feels meh, but yeah that's all I have to say thx again❤

Edited by Stnfox246

1. In the parking lot, outside Jizzy's place, the ground's collider is a bit above its texture so if you take a vehicle there, you'll see it floating above the ground.

2. Game Breaking Bug, In the mission, Yay Ka-Boom-Boom, if you manage to explode the place with the car but die afterwards, the objects that come after the explosion just become invisible after failing and starting it again, blocking your way and making it impossible for you to finish the mission as the car cannot be parked near the containers. Even failing the mission or loading a safe file doesn't help. You have to close the game and open it again which resets the place.

3.  Many a times enemies get stuck inside of objects like trash cans and sometimes the game doesn't register shooting them. I have had this problem multiple times especially the Catalina bank robbery mission where even after aiming on the head nothing was happening. Sometimes they just freeze in running animation.

4. In the mission, Pier 69, Woozie's boys shot me instead of the enemy and killing them for saving myself fails the mission.

I have reached Toreno's second mission. I am also facing texture pop in and low LOD. Will post if I find more issues.

Edited by Dush2443

- As you walk or drive, the camera auto-recenters.

- While flying a aircraft you cannot freely move the camera around (The camera is locked in a fixed position)

- The flying controls of the jetpack are broken, neither can you freely move your camera around while flying it.  

Not 100% sure if this is already posted, but during mission 'A home in the hills' the lack of fog means you can clearly see the plane is stationary. Timestamp 5:47:52 

Edited by noscrazy

I play on base PS4.

There is a 2-3 second delay in menus changing things, and a slight delay coming out of menu/map into the game.

There is a 2-3 second delay when starting to sprint when tapping X.

There is a long black loading screen when exiting any interiors, I counted to 12 before I loaded in.

It seem I have to press triangle twice before I can exit a vehicle. As if the vehicle has to be stopped fully for a couple seconds before triangle works. I expect to be wasted a few times because of this when vehicle catches fire.

Speaking of which, Ballas shot my car and it caught fire and exploded in 2 seconds, no chance to get out of car even if triangle would have worked right away.

• Like 2

I don't know if it got mentionned yet, but controlling/flipping the vehicle with the keyboard arrows doesn't work anymore, it was present in the OG version tho.
Kind of a huge feature removed in my opinion so I really hope they will add that back..

Regarding the red marker, it actually stands for a reason. It denotes the very center of the GTA SA map. In the original version, there was a pillar that was in the wrong position.FEJ8BArXIAIgoFu?format=jpg&name=largeFEJ8BpMWYAAh_jP?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

20 minutes ago, djebzer said:

I don't know if it got mentionned yet, but controlling/flipping the vehicle with the keyboard arrows doesn't work anymore, it was present in the OG version tho.
Kind of a huge feature removed in my opinion so I really hope they will add that back..

That ridiculous thing is possible only in GTA V unless we're talking about different things.

Annoying bug in Green Sabre mission. Only 2 out of 3 Ballas gangsters get out of the vans. Can be solved by blowing the vans before any of the Ballas leaves the van. Sorry do not have any proof image, but have this bug in Xbox SX

I've got a fun one. On Xbox series x, every time I get to the credits, the game freezes. Coincidentally it's always when the housers' names show up. 

Edited by Vios Eclipse
Typo

And I think to be done with this game for now. The mission "Just business" is broken and impossible to complete for me: The russians are somehow getting stuck in the sewerage, so CJ and Big Sweet arrive alone in the parking lot, so it doesn't trigger the end of this mission.

By the way, this game looks like "much" better even on "old" gen

This so-called botched "remaster" is so much half-as*edly done, that I would be ashamed to put this work in a curriculum vitae.

Xbox Series S - Performance Mode

CRASH Mission Burning Desire

At the last part, when having to get Denise out of the house, she stays inside with the door closed. 

I take the fire extinguisher and put out the fires, she follows, stays close but as soon as I walk into the marker to get out the burning house, it just shows CJ looking at an empty door from the outside. Denise can be seen clipping through the door, but the door is solid.

There is no way to get back in the house or get Denise out, in order to retry the mission I threw a Molotov at the door, killing her. But after 5 tries I gave up. Even driving off for a long distance or entering a cluckin bell in the hope she might appear outside the door, nothing happens.

This game is not finished unfortunately.

Anyone else experiencing issues with ‘Burning Desire’? 

1 hour ago, Havetaine said:

Do you have DX 12 enabled?

Yeah, otherwise the game will just stutters every 20 seconds 

7 minutes ago, LudovicoDev said:

Yeah, otherwise the game will just stutters every 20 seconds 

DX 12 causes the flickering so you have to live with it or with stuttering.

Be careful of not doing the Bloodring Banger arena, it will corrupt your game and each time you try to save with this activity finished, the game crash. So don't do this activity until they fix the bug.

Outdoor lighting and in halls seem to have motion sensors. Fences at Muscle Beach are flashing and there's kind of junk lying around on roads.

1 hour ago, Mr Samen said:

Be careful of not doing the Bloodring Banger arena, it will corrupt your game and each time you try to save with this activity finished, the game crash. So don't do this activity until they fix the bug.

Someone else reported the same issue, sounds dangerous.. I'll avoid it for now.

BS_BlackScout

I'll take this as a bug:

Using Keyboard and Mouse, whenever you walk with CJ you can freely move the mouse to pan the camera around AS LONG as you don't press A or D to move left and right. If you do the camera will keep on auto-centering and it's nauseating. If you just move the mouse and move forward (W) it will be all good and it won't auto-center.

Edited by BS_BlackScout
  • Like 2

Please take this in consideration:

It's a shame that CJ, when buying a snack at a vending machine or at the hotdog stand/truck, he eats an invisible food, while when buying Sprunk he actually drinks a Sprunk. Yes, I know the invisible food was also in the original, but what's the point of keeping this flaw in a graphically detailed remaster?

To fix this, I suggest putting the burger prop (the one NPCs eat at Burger Shot) or the hotdog model from GTA 5 in CJ's hand during the eating animation.

Edited by XNGamer

Not a big issue but just another weird lack of attention to detail: the military patriot that gets you into the base for Up Up And Away is now red/pink which is an odd choice for a military vehicle lmao

Edited by Chazza354

Yeah, I've seen some pink Patriots driving around on various videos. They don't know that these Patriots should be military? I wouldn't be surprised.