Vice City Launch Bugs & Issues Reporting

Kirsty
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Please remember we have a Bugs forum (click me) where you can either make a topic for your issue, or reply to existing ones, so it's all a little bit more organised for everyone, thanks!

3 hours ago, MrLorenzo said:

Celling like it he original game.                                                                                                                I like how boats spawn in groups.

29.png30.png

Anyone else have these lines on the water?

31.png32.png

Sinking road.

33.png

Based on those screenshots, Reefer is still bugged (white bottom), it should be randomly painted just like in original game. More issues to fix.

MasterDesmond

Issue when loading up the game there’s no audio playing but there is in the menu. I have to restore default settings in the audio options then it works.

Issue with reflections on Police car

Spoiler

Bpdz55Z.jpg

Half of car is transparent

Zo3LURG.png

And here when i walked away

66lpOvK.jpg

Edited by dev1ance

22 hours ago, GTaGB said:

Ok There is a invisible wall. The part where you have to get the cop uniforms there is a police bribe, to the left there is a helicopter, most of the way along there is a wall that you crash into but only two spaces let you go through

PS5 could anyone else confirm?

Yup, I know the spot you're talking about, it's the same on Switch too. There's supposed to be a fence there, same as the ones around it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrenalist said:

😂Mohammed Toast🤣

Wait... is that Sonnys face? WTF? He really wants that money, always coming after you.

This can't be real. These games are a nightmare, a disgrace and an absolute disease... I mean, they totally destroyed the legacy of these games. Even when i play the original i will always think about that face being there in the DE. I can't even... I'm speechless. They turned their most influential masterpieces into a meme.

Edited by Streifenkarl

I've just been posting issues I found to Twitter, wasn't aware there was a thread... here's some of the stuff I logged, some stuff I didn't post to Twitter yet:

Ocean Beach life guard house disappeared entirely, I think this is the one the package is also supposed to be on, but I previously collected it:

Ocean Beach near one of the rampages, I think this is the molly' one...? The textures aren't aligned with the existing collision from the previous game... how this got past the devs I have no idea...

The marker to prompt you to go the guy's house in "The Chase" didn't spawn. Had to kill myself to restart the mission.

Fence in washington where the sparrow spawns later doesn't render at all:

Broken physics in RIOT, never seen this before in the original game - floating cars from a gunshot:

There's also an issue in copland where if you try to leave the mall to the closest door, you die instantly - this doesn't happen in the original game and is the player's first instinct to go to - terrible change.

• Like 4

On 11/11/2021 at 3:58 PM, JoeFury1997 said:

Firefighter is broke. After completing a level sometimes the timer will freeze and the cars won't spawn

Similar thing happened with the Taxi Fares. Was doing the 100 fares for 100%, and it stopped spawning Pedestrians to pick up after 57

5 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Comet in Vice City uses San Andreas model and not Vice City's...

From what I have read here, it's not San Andreas. It's either PS2 or Xbox (I don't remember exactly) Vice City model which is really similar to the SA one. 

5 minutes ago, marcinn25 said:

From what I have read here, it's not San Andreas. It's either PS2 or Xbox (I don't remember exactly) Vice City model which is really similar to the SA one. 

Yeah, I found out that too, it's not PS2, because PS2 and PC have the same model, it's from XBOX. However I still kinda feel they should've sticked to the original PS2 model. Also I read somewhere that they added some OG LOC stuff in Vice City which makes 0 sense lorewise because during the 80s, OG Loc would've been either a baby or child, so they even managed to break the lore if thats true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Equinoxe1 said:

WSbg9CE.jpeg

Can you check DownTown Hospital wall across the concert building, I think it has same issue.

Mission "Copland" is broken.

*Xbox Series X.

Even the alternate method of triggering the final sequence is borked.

Boatyard asset first mission can be repeated upon reloading save, and giving you another $2000 pickup... it accumulates and now i'm up to $20,000 everytime is full. This is PC btw.

Also, dont know if it was mentioned, but the Dodo with the banner doesnt have the banner, and there's no litter and newspapers in the ground.

Edited by Matias11D
adding YT link instead of gfycat

The Faggio's engine noise is bugged. When tapping the accelerate trigger, the sound just 'starts'. It used to build up, but now it just hard starts unnaturally.

Comparison.

Original - Working correctly:

"Defnitive Edition" - Broken:

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

Do you remember that it is possible to snipe seagulls in the original? There is also a corresponding line in the stats. I have spent some time trying to snipe one in the remaster - unfortunately it didn't work out. Seagulls' sprites fly around but shooting them doesn't have any effect. Looks like this mechanics is broken too. Correct me if i'm wrong.

1qI6O0c9JWQ.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

Edited by Thug_
  • Like 2

Taxi & police car reverse lights don't work.

What should happen: When you reverse, the white lights light up.

What actually happens: Red brake lights light up. White lights remain dimmed out.

Even most regular vehicles that didn't have white reverse lights still had their lights just change to a white glow. That is missing, too. 

It kinda' makes sense, as now it's much sharper and higher resolution, so a white glow might not look right. But regardless, the taxi and police car lights should work. But they don't.

---

Xbox Series X, but presumably all platforms.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

Vice City has a lot of radio problems. Sometimes when changing radio station, it will just stop playing until you change again and get audio back.

VCPR also has a LOT of skipping. Only about a second or so, almost as if there were cuts to censor certain words. But where the skips happen there are no 'bad' words being used.

I will update this comment with some clips, if I manage it.

---

Xbox Series X

This video shows a line of dialogue being skipped on VCPR.

This video shows dialogue being prematurely cut before playing the next song.

This video shows the radio station "V-Rock" not playing at all, after changing station.

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 2

jlm5lRl.png

Various floating lamp posts (also present in GTA III)

azBiZ95.jpg

Tommy... eating his phone?

MJHYS6T.jpg

The map GPS freaking out (happens in GTA III, too)

E6k4hSJ.png

Edited by Len Lfc

jlm5lRl.png