1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City Launch Bugs & Issues Reporting

Kirsty

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Please remember we have a Bugs forum (click me) where you can either make a topic for your issue, or reply to existing ones, so it's all a little bit more organised for everyone, thanks!

Long time lurker here :) Anyway, there's a funny bug when you set the subtitles to Italian... the amount of money is displayed as 3(real amount)$ as you can see in this picture (should be $ 10000):

Grand-Theft-Auto-Vice-City-The-Definitiv

• Like 2

There's a bug involving the ambulances I think, at least on PC. Like, you slay dozens of gangbangers on a rampage and no ambulance comes to fix them up. Actually it never comes for an NPC, no matter what. 

A few more things I forgot in the last post (on Switch):

-In Phnom Penh 86 and Supply & Demand you can't listen to the radio when Lance is behind the wheel. I'm guessing it's because you're not "in the vehicle" like normal.

-The explosion at the mall in Cop Land can now kill you, unless you make sure to run far enough from the cafe.

-Not sure if it would be considered a bug or if it's consistent, but when I was doing paramedic in Vice Point, absolutely no patients would spawn at the beach. Just stuck out to me since that's my preferred spot to do it!

1 minute ago, marcinn25 said:

There's a bug involving the ambulances I think, at least on PC. Like, you slay dozens of gangbangers on a rampage and no ambulance comes to fix them up. Actually it never comes for an NPC, no matter what. 

I just had one during the endurance race. I trashed my car and needed a replacement, but there was no traffic. An ambulance came for the ones I ran over, and I used it to win the race😎

There're some bugs with audio.

1. When you enter a cop car/ambulance/firetruck, the audio track of background talk always starts from the beginning. That annoys a little

2. Sometime when you switch between radio stations the current one resets to the beginning. Sometimes when you re-enter the car the current track skips and the next one starts

24 minutes ago, Extracowboy said:

2. Sometime when you switch between radio stations the current one resets to the beginning. Sometimes when you re-enter the car the current track skips and the next one starts

Noticed that too. I was going to listen to every station in their entirety, but Wave 103 kept resetting on me.

Anyone else noticed that the cars explode way too fast when they lay on the roof?

Also at Viceport the railings are off.

VCBug.jpg

• Like 2

Ok There is a invisible wall. The part where you have to get the cop uniforms there is a police bribe, to the left there is a helicopter, most of the way along there is a wall that you crash into but only two spaces let you go through

PS5 could anyone else confirm?

45 minutes ago, Fox55 said:

Anyone else noticed that the cars explode way too fast when they lay on the roof?

Also at Viceport the railings are off.

VCBug.jpg

That problem happen only with 60 fps and more, not with 30 fps

Just noticed they removed the wiggling palm trees when you fly by with a heli. It was such a cool and simple effect. Couldn't make the individual leafs whiff back then, so they just added this. Now, technically the individual leafs could be affected by the blades, but they're just completely static.

Spoiler

ezgif-6-e6845904b48f.gif

Another odd thing. I was at 99%, couldn't figure out what I had missed and I redid the boat yard with the other boat (I think I remembered something about having to do it with both boats, not just one) and well…

Spoiler

ezgif-6-7297bea7d082.gif

And the airport traffic is seriously f*cked. Not that those cars shouldn't even be there, they're just at random heights.

Spoiler

ezgif-6-9949af5d1c46.gif

Edited by sejoki
updated image urls

Floating

10.png18.png

7.png33.png

Coming through.

1.png12.png

31.png32.png

34.png6.png

9.png

Sanches wheel is attached in wrong place.                                                                                            Red lamp doesn't work on this landing anymore.

11.png16.png

You can just look behind these walls.                                                                                                     This is mess.

20.png22.png

Quality 👌                                                                                                                                                 This display doesn't work anymore.

23.png24.png

Keep out or in?

26.png26-1.png

See trough glass? I don't think it suppose to look like this.                                                                   Magazines from future. Year 1991

27.png28.png

Nice lines.                                                                                                                                                  These cool light float.

29.png30.png

How close I was when it finally spawned right way.

13.png14.png

These are missing ads on the sides.

3.png2.png

14 minutes ago, MrLorenzo said:

Floating

10.png18.png

7.png33.png

Coming through.

1.png12.png

31.png32.png

34.png6.png

9.png

Sanches wheel is attached in wrong place.                                                                                            Red lamp doesn't work on this landing anymore.

11.png16.png

You can just look behind these walls.                                                                                                     This is mess.

20.png22.png

Quality 👌                                                                                                                                                 This display doesn't work anymore.

23.png24.png

Keep out or in?

26.png26-1.png

See trough glass? I don't think it suppose to look like this.                                                                   Magazines from future. Year 1991

27.png28.png

Nice lines.                                                                                                                                                  These cool light float.

29.png30.png

How close I was when it finally spawned right way.

13.png14.png

These are missing ads on the sides.

3.png2.png

I'm unable to save Lance in 'Death row' mission,  I get to him before the time expires but nothing happens. He dies everytime on screen. I can't progress any further!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

- Headlights light cones doesn't get rendered in bumper camera view

I think the rear do not work either when in a car. 

MasterDesmond

Hi I was playing Vice City Definitive Edition today. I noticed these songs being played I’ve recorded them also. I heard these songs wore removed from the game is that true? Cause it’s playing on my PS4 Version.

"Japanese Boy" by Aneka

"Cum On Feel The Noize" by Quiet Riot

"Video Killed The Radio Star" by The Buggles

Edited by MasterDesmond

MrGTAmodsgerman
55 minutes ago, GTaGB said:

I think the rear do not work either when in a car. 

Nah, its just because most of these cars have oldschool US style tailights that work at the same time as brakelights. But they only implemented the seperated options. So tailights and brakelights can't light up all at once which causes tailights not to light up at all.

My save game completely bugged out (Xbox Series S)

I was playing through the print works missions (specifically the Hit The Courier), I died then when the game asked if I wanted to retry I pressed okay and the game instantly crashed straight to the dashboard. Now when I press resume at the main menu it instantly crashes again.

Also, my last manual save before the crash was right as I purchased print works and even loading that manual save the game crashes so I have no way of accessing that save file anymore.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but I'm yet to see anyone talking about it

8 minutes ago, ItIsDragxnz said:

My save game completely bugged out (Xbox Series S)

I was playing through the print works missions (specifically the Hit The Courier), I died then when the game asked if I wanted to retry I pressed okay and the game instantly crashed straight to the dashboard. Now when I press resume at the main menu it instantly crashes again.

Also, my last manual save before the crash was right as I purchased print works and even loading that manual save the game crashes so I have no way of accessing that save file anymore.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but I'm yet to see anyone talking about it

I've just seen the save file corruption thread on the bugs page so it isn't just me, althought that was talking about SA and not VC

3 minutes ago, ItIsDragxnz said:

I've just seen the save file corruption thread on the bugs page so it isn't just me, althought that was talking about SA and not VC

If there seems to be a save corruption issue across the 3 games I suppose we could turn that existing topic into one for all 3 games.

2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

If there seems to be a save corruption issue across the 3 games I suppose we could turn that existing topic into one for all 3 games.

Yeah not a bad idea but it's strange because it doesn't seem to be very common. Only seen me, the other person on the seperate thread and Gtamen on Twitter have this issue. Only thing with Gtamen was that he was able to load back into manual save.

This flower bed has a missing side:

YEYOwHA.png

Floating Bench:

YfpRCrw.png

Edited by NanoHazard
  • Like 3

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

I'm not sure if it's meant to be in the game or not but I heard Lionel Richies running with the night on the radio earlier. Believe it was cut from 2003 onwards

Tommyvercettii

On the back side of diaz's mansion there is an invisible wall, at the upper end of the stairs which are on the left side and the pillar near that invisible wall is also glitchy, tommy sometimes gets stuck into that pillar.

Also, this hour long video shows a lot bugs & glitches which needs to be fixed.

Edited by Tommyvercettii

9 hours ago, Fox55 said:

I noticed they blow up fast in general. They also catch fire pretty quickly. It's almost impossible to steal the fastest boat without killing the gunmen now. Same for Sparrow during Martha's Mug Shot, the FBI agents blow it up in mere seconds. To make things even worse, I was unable to bail out of it when it caught fire in air.

Celling like it he original game.                                                                                                                I like how boats spawn in groups.

29.png30.png

Anyone else have these lines on the water?

31.png32.png

Sinking road.

33.png

I'm unable to save Lance in 'Death row' mission,  I get to him before the time expires but nothing happens. He dies everytime on screen. I can't progress any further!

Now I save him by jumping around to trigger the cut scene.. to take Lance to hospital and can't get there because Diaz men are so aggressive!! They ram into you constantly. It's insane!!

Edited by rooroo88

Cant load my last Save File on PS5 anymore. The Game Crashs after Loading the Savegame.

Last Mission was Bar Brawl. This Mission was buggy too. Alter The Mission the Target Marker has not disappeared.

I saved the Game and load again and then i cant load my Savefile anmore. .. :((

16 hours ago, MasterDesmond said:

Hi I was playing Vice City Definitive Edition today. I noticed these songs being played I’ve recorded them also. I heard these songs wore removed from the game is that true? Cause it’s playing on my PS4 Version.

"Japanese Boy" by Aneka

"Cum On Feel The Noize" by Quiet Riot

"Video Killed The Radio Star" by The Buggles

Those lists going around were very incorrect, the songs cut are basically the same ones that were cut from the previous rereleases, Michael Jackson, Ozzy Osbourne and the like.

Couple more issues I ran into on Switch:

-Didn't have any audio during the end cutscene of Publicity Tour, pausing and unpausing didn't help

-Not sure if this happens before it, but I just finished Check Out at the Check In and tried to go save at the Hyman Condo and whenever I get near the entrance the game crashes, the generic "The software was closed because an error occurred." type.

EDIT: Messing around with it more, it seems to crash whenever you get anywhere near the garage doors, even if you fly above it in a helicopter.

Edited by Elmotus
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1