2. Support

3. Suggestions

What’s the worst aspect of GTA SA?

BennyGod

billiejoearmstrong8

Probably how ridiculously and needlessly complicated the dating system is

That or the NRG 500 Challenge

• Like 3

The road rage drivers. Accidentally bump into a car and sometimes they relentlessly follow you and keep crashing into/tailgating your car. Though I heard this doesn't happen in all versions but not sure. 

And driving on highways in this game is the worst

Edited by Wayne Kerr
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Mr Hole in One

V0Ontqa_180x180_1_75.png

2 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

The road rage drivers. Accidentally bump into a car and sometimes they relentlessly follow you and keep crashing into/tailgating your car. Though I heard this doesn't happen in all versions but not sure. 

And driving on highways in this game is the worst

I actually find the road ragists really fun for some reason, they just don't show up too often on the original PS2 version :panic:

I'm mainly bothered by the smooth-brained AI of my mission companions.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

Buying clothes and the repetitive undetailed interiors.

• Like 3

The hunger mechanic. I always used the cheat to disable it, although I might not do that this time around, but we'll see.

This next one isn't exclusive to SA, but it is a thing in SA that grinds my gears. Temporary features only used once during one mission and never used again outside of that mission and also interiors only visited once during a mission and then never again. That sh*t is stupid and R* needs to stop it.

Examples: 

That mission where you use the helicopter with the magnet attached to the bottom to fly off with an armored truck. I was so stoked when I was allowed to keep that helicopter after the mission, the first thing I wanted to do after completion was to take it for a spin and fly off with some random cars. Sadly the helicopter loses its magnet after the mission. Super lame.

And that mission where you go in that building in Las Venturas to get some blueprints or whatever. Nice interior, rather large too from what I remember and it's unique. After the mission if I recall correctly you can't go back in. Just a one off feature that gets taken away as quickly as it's introduced. Why?

What game dev wants to spend time and effort fleshing something out in their game only to go "Ya know what? Let's just make this available only once in the whole game and never use it ever again ever. Ever." So stupid.

And f*ck Zero.

IiKihFW.png

2 hours ago, Tacymist said:

The hunger mechanic. I always used the cheat to disable it, although I might not do that this time around, but we'll see.

This next one isn't exclusive to SA, but it is a thing in SA that grinds my gears. Temporary features only used once during one mission and never used again outside of that mission and also interiors only visited once during a mission and then never again. That sh*t is stupid and R* needs to stop it.

Examples: 

That mission where you use the helicopter with the magnet attached to the bottom to fly off with an armored truck. I was so stoked when I was allowed to keep that helicopter after the mission, the first thing I wanted to do after completion was to take it for a spin and fly off with some random cars. Sadly the helicopter loses its magnet after the mission. Super lame.

And that mission where you go in that building in Las Venturas to get some blueprints or whatever. Nice interior, rather large too from what I remember and it's unique. After the mission if I recall correctly you can't go back in. Just a one off feature that gets taken away as quickly as it's introduced. Why?

What game dev wants to spend time and effort fleshing something out in their game only to go "Ya know what? Let's just make this available only once in the whole game and never use it ever again ever. Ever." So stupid.

And f*ck Zero.

Yeah, and how come there’s only one mission when you use the police spikes? Would be fun in free roam

3 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Road rage drivers that follow CJ are only exclusive to PC versions. Would definitely get on my on rear end every once in a while as crashing is hardly avoidable on SA's freeways systems. It's disastrous traffic on a whole other level that no other gta has captured. 

OT: Simple closet try ons. Could've been a little faster at times instead of the slow try ons with CJ and his huge selection of clothes. 

Edited by Big_Smiley
  • Like 2

Throwing in something that wasn't mentioned yet: the fact that your dating progress can deteriorate at 100%. Just let me be if I maxed out my relationship with a girl. Also not being able to climb ladders.

K2yjoYK.png

NSGhostbusters - GHOSTIE

Having the date progress go down immediately after a successful date.

Edited by NSGhostbusters - GHOSTIE
punctuation mistake

If I have to choose one, it will be the short distance around the player where cars exist. You turn around and the car is no longer there, or see cars endlesly emerging from a cul de sac. Driving on highways is also made worse by this.

The new developers should expand this distance in the new version if it doesn't aim to be a perfect replica and requires more memory than a NASA spacecraft.

Edited by j7n

22 hours ago, Simaxsas said:

For me it's the boring collectibles especially the 50 oysters also buying clothes

Definitely this. I was never a fan of the 100 packages from previous titles, but the tags, oysters, horseshoes, snapshots and then unique jumps to boot? It was a lot.

The one thing that always comes to mind, though, is Photo Opportunity. I'm sure everyone knows why but I'll quickly summarize it now;

You have to drive from San Fierro into the middle of nowhere. Not a very fun drive. After that you have to drive Cesar's car from the middle of nowhere to Angel Pine. Take some photos, which is easy enough, but you have to listen to CJ and Cesar SCREAMING at each other, since the mission was originally meant to take place in a helicopter but the audio didn't get rerecorded. Then, when the mission is over... you get dumped at a fuel station outside of Angel Pine, with all missions still taking place in San Fierro. That mission really sucks.

• Like 1

The mission Amphibious Assault, and when you have to increase your swimming skills to start the mission, drives me crazy lol

+you spend 50 hours to be muscular to the max and you lose it all in 5 minutes

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 9:08 PM, DonToreno said:

The mission Amphibious Assault, and when you have to increase your swimming skills to start the mission, drives me crazy lol

+you spend 50 hours to be muscular to the max and you lose it all in 5 minutes

That's why I prefer to stay skinny when playing. Stamina seems more important in this game than strenght