1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Radio Soundtrack in the GTA Trilogy

Capt.Bojangles

8 minutes ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

FB-IMG-1636178300746.jpg

Take this with a LUMP of salt.

IF that should be proven true, WOW, what a disaster ... basically all the best songs taken out. WOW. Congrats.

10 minutes ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

FB-IMG-1636178300746.jpg

They didn't even bother to add new songs to replace those in their so called "Definitive Editions", if this is true that is.

beatlemnkyhuman
7 hours ago, SoulStorm64 said:

Seeing as one of the songs on the list is a reference in an achievement for the release. yeahhhhh no

8 minutes ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

FB-IMG-1636178300746.jpg

IF it is true (which I don't think so it is) then holy f*ck, that's worse than Vladivostok FM situation...

One thing that does feel a little bit fishy is Ice Cubes - "Today Was A Good Day", mainly since we have the achivment with that name for SA. 

Capt.Bojangles
3 hours ago, Dudu RDRII said:

They didn't even bother to add new songs to replace those in their so called "Definitive Editions", if this is true that is.

4chan could be right or 4chan could be wrong they was a " leak " from there said  like 4 days later they'd announce gta 6.

Lmao, some people here actually taking the bait, bet 4chan leaker is having a field day reading this thread.

That's without a doubt the sh*ttiest, most illogical leak ever, purely made to enrage the fanbase. And believe me I've seen lots of sh*tty fakes.

Capt.Bojangles

if thats true they'll be like what 3 songs top on each station lmfao

2 minutes ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

4chan could be right or 4chan could be wrong they was a " leak " from there said  like 4 days later they'd announce gta 6.

GTA 6 announced this year? I highly doubt it, I can realistically see it being announced next year though, after GTA 5's ReRemaster is already out, probably to be released in 2024.

Capt.Bojangles
3 hours ago, Dudu RDRII said:

GTA 6 announced this year? I highly doubt it, I can realistically see it being announced next year though, after GTA 5's ReRemaster is already out, probably to be released in 2024.

okay, what was said before the Trilogy was officially announced a " leak " said it would release December 12th 2022 and 4 days after the announcement they would announce gta 6 was in the works.

we all seen that was wrong.

1 minute ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

okay, what was said before the Trilogy was officially announced a " leak " said it would release December 12th 2022 and 4 days after the announcement they would announce gta 6 was in the works.

we all seen that was wrong.

Yeah, I think GTA 6 will be announced next year, then 2 years later it will be released, same as GTA5 and RDR2.

1 hour ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

FB-IMG-1636178300746.jpg

Whether or not GTA 3 still has the Scarface soundtrack on Flashback F.M is make or break for me. 

Capt.Bojangles
3 hours ago, Nardz937 said:

Whether or not GTA 3 still has the Scarface soundtrack on Flashback F.M is make or break for me. 

we don't know if it's true or not. 4Chan has been wrong about a lot.

Just now, Capt.Bojangles said:

we don't know if it's true or not. 4Chan has been wrong about a lot.

I understand and am leaning toward this list being false myself. 

• Like 1

Funny how all "removed" songs are also the most popular ones, the ones that people love and listen the most or songs that are synonymous with GTA games (and vice-versa). If by some chance list of removed songs is true/real, R* could face fan outrage, I mean they will still face some for other stuff but it will be multiplied in this case. Like you guys said, the list is unlikely/questionable. 

Capt.Bojangles
3 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Funny how all "removed" songs are also the most popular ones, the ones that people love and listen the most or songs that are synonymous with GTA games (and vice-versa). If by some chance list of removed songs is true/real, R* could face fan outrage, I mean they will still face some for other stuff but it will be multiplied in this case. Like you guys said, the list is unlikely/questionable. 

well i'm not saying it's real but it wouldn't be the first time they've removed a lot of songs from these games. the original mobile ports radio stations are completely gutted.
honestly i guess we'll have to wait for release date to see if it's true but I'm willing to bet it's not.

DeftMacaroon510

They didn’t even try to make that list convincing. “killing in the name” was removed from older version of San Andreas yet it’s not in that list like all other previously removed tracks, At least put SOME effort in if you’re gonna troll lol.

• Like 2

Capt.Bojangles
3 hours ago, DeftMacaroon510 said:

They didn’t even try to make that list convincing. “killing in the name” was removed from older version of San Andreas yet it’s not in that list like all other previously removed tracks, At least put SOME effort in if you’re gonna troll lol.

i think it's funny they mentioned billie jean too which has been removed for years now like thats something new.

Edited by Capt.Bojangles
  • Like 3

Capt.Bojangles

this gem better be there.

Fun Fact: first trailer i ever seen of this game way back in 02'

i also like how they are using different sound effects in this trailer then what was really in the game :kekw:

Edited by Capt.Bojangles

There is honestly no excuse for R* not to re-license the original soundtracks for those games. 

After spending a decade raking in micro transactions in Shark cards for GTAV, which in itself is one of the biggest selling entertainment products in history, you think they'd put that money to good use and invest in their games. I don't believe for a second they couldn't afford to do it. I'm not sure what other factors could be holding it back, but I'm sure as hell they could offer a certain amount to win those songs back. Money talks. And they have money. 

If Free Bird isn't in San Andreas, I will go back to having not played any GTA since 2013.

6 minutes ago, LotusRIP said:

There is honestly no excuse for R* not to re-license the original soundtracks for those games. 

After spending a decade raking in micro transactions in Shark cards for GTAV, which in itself is one of the biggest selling entertainment products in history, you think they'd put that money to good use and invest in their games. I don't believe for a second they couldn't afford to do it. I'm not sure what other factors could be holding it back, but I'm sure as hell they could offer a certain amount to win those songs back. Money talks. And they have money. 

If Free Bird isn't in San Andreas, I will go back to having not played any GTA since 2013.

This. They are multi-billion company, they can buy those licenses, the question is: Do they want to? It appears that they don't give a single f*ck these days.

Need For Madness Auto
Just now, ChubbyB0b said:

This. They are multi-billion company, they can buy those licenses, the question is: Do they want to? It appears that they don't give a single f*ck these days.

CircoLoco & something music will be promoted 

• Bruh 1

7 minutes ago, LotusRIP said:

Record companies and estates. Some musicians have died and the people in charge of their estate either hate GTA or want even more money. Record companies maybe all those people that Sam used to know all left and want more money and won't give Rockstar a discount.

Just now, ChubbyB0b said:

Yeah it's really a matter of how committed they are to actually making good games. They used to have so much passion and treated it like as if they were artists. If they have that level of passion for the Trilogy still, the right thing would be to restore the soundtrack licensing. That's the only way it could really be a definitive edition. If anything, they could add more songs! But I'd be happy with just the original soundtrack alone. 

Fingers crossed. I don't believe those leaks. But the idea of not listening to Free Bird while making that trek from LS to San Fierro is just... Unfathomable. Lol. 

• Like 7

I completely understand not being able to relicense certain songs due to estates, musicians' stances or other circumstances outside of Rockstar's control. But if it comes down to sheer money, unless the amount is truly astronomical, I see no reason as to why they can't shell out more than usual, given their vast, money printer-level success over just the past decade alone (nevermind the success they've had post-3D GTA, but before GTAO ever blew up). 

You're going through the effort of re-releasing these games with all these enhancements, these games where the music and audio in general are such a vital part of the atmosphere & vibe of each decade they're representing. Just pay the f*cking money. You won't bleed from it. 

• Like 4

Capt.Bojangles

expect the worse. Rockstar have shown they've been sh*tty with music license unless it comes to Holy GTA 5 then they'll do whatever helps sell those shark cards.

Edited by Capt.Bojangles
  • Like 4

Capt.Bojangles
3 hours ago, Xerukal said:

You're going through the effort of re-releasing these games with all these enhancements, these games where the music and audio in general are such a vital part of the atmosphere & vibe of each decade they're representing. Just pay the f*cking money. You won't bleed from it. 

of course it's about money, even for the Record labels, they don't wanna spend anything but wanna collect everything, this is what we call Corporate Greed, it infects every business sooner or later.

Edited by Capt.Bojangles
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

FB-IMG-1636178300746.jpg

Yeah, I don't buy it. 

Even if it was true, they better have some good substitutes for these missing songs.

cuban gang member
3 hours ago, Capt.Bojangles said:

FB-IMG-1636178300746.jpg

Rockstar butchered  Vladivostok FM but at least they had some replacements.that leak is totally fake.

• Like 1

Hi all! I've taken the liberty to split recent discussion about the supposedly leaked lists and the soundtrack in general to a topic where it'll be easier to keep up with discussion specific to alleged leaks, soundtrack cuts, and other things, without it being lost in the general chat topic, that is also easier to link to. There are soundtrack topics for each game too in their sections, but given this is more general atm, we can have one here too.

The 4chan "leak" has pretty much already been debunked as first there is no access to encrypted preload files on modern platforms (after release it's a different story for PS4 and Nintendo Switch), the radio files would be inside other game files that would need to be cracked first, and there is an achievement in SA that references one of the allegedly cut songs.

------

As for the discussion itself, I think it's not just about money either, some estates simply and legitimately don't want the songs or artist likenesses used in anything, and in some cases much less GTA. Yes, it is out of R*'s control many times. In cases where it isn't and it's just about money I agree they could stretch the budget at least for those games, but the music industry is super relentless and many times they want fully-fledged large percentages of a product's profit and despite R*/T2 being rich as hell, you can't just give a million artists all the money in the world just because, because they'll be trying to scam ya.