2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How is Rockstar Games woke?

MetroFloaty

3 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Exactly. And there's an extremely high chance that the "younger, more ideologically charged" generations are more easily offended.

Its pretty much guaranteed, every generation is more sensitive

3 hours ago, Yoona said:

I just hope GTA VI will make fun of both Democrats and Republicans not just Republicans like many western games do nowadays (looking at you Ubisoft)

Saying people are fascist and women/minorities haters for not liking woke idealogy is worth of reporting your post.

I hope so too, it would be classic GTA to make fun of both but these days games and most comedy shows only make fun of Republicans/conservatives which gets repetitive

4 hours ago, Yoona said:

I just hope GTA VI will make fun of both Democrats and Republicans not just Republicans like many western games do nowadays (looking at you Ubisoft)

Saying people are fascist and women/minorities haters for not liking woke idealogy is worth of reporting your post.

The problem is that republicans make it very easy to make fun of them, they are as we like to call "Low Hanging Fruit".

Democrats are from what I have seen a huge mish mash of political ideologies and races, many of them don't like each other and constantly fight

but Republicans are like a cult, they damn near always vote the same, dress the same, pray the same, etc. It's creepy as f*ck. If you ever vote against anything remotely republican, you are ostracized & called a "RINO", no matter if you voted for the greater good of the common people.

The only republican based group not subject to that are the radicalized Trump & Q-anon supporters, who are legitimately a threat to the safety of america.

Republicans demand loyalty, which while not a bad thing, gets taken to the extreme with that party. Also the amount of bullsh*t that gets thrown around by that party is astronomical.

For instance, California's Gun Laws were specifically caused by republicans, solely because African American's were using their right to open-carry as a protest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

Even the NRA jumped all in on supporting the above act, drafted by career republican Don Mulford & signed off by then governor Ronald Reagan.

That is just one example, Republican party has done some downright evil sh*t over the last several decades, Democrats, as stupid as they may be, are not on the level of the republican party.

But I digress, I am not registered as a Democrat nor Republican, I am registered as Independent, and I prefer it that way because my political ideology is my own, as humans are a complex creature and the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wakka387 said:

The problem is that republicans make it very easy to make fun of them, they are as we like to call "Low Hanging Fruit".

Democrats are from what I have seen a huge mish mash of political ideologies and races, many of them don't like each other and constantly fight

but Republicans are like a cult, they damn near always vote the same, dress the same, pray the same, etc. It's creepy as f*ck. If you ever vote against anything remotely republican, you are ostracized & called a "RINO", no matter if you voted for the greater good of the common people.

The only republican based group not subject to that are the radicalized Trump & Q-anon supporters, who are legitimately a threat to the safety of america.

Republicans demand loyalty, which while not a bad thing, gets taken to the extreme with that party. Also the amount of bullsh*t that gets thrown around by that party is astronomical.

For instance, California's Gun Laws were specifically caused by republicans, solely because African American's were using their right to open-carry as a protest.

Even the NRA jumped all in on supporting the above act, drafted by career republican Don Mulford & signed off by then governor Ronald Reagan.

That is just one example, Republican party has done some downright evil sh*t over the last several decades, Democrats, as stupid as they may be, are not on the level of the republican party.

But I digress, I am not registered as a Democrat nor Republican, I am registered as Independent, and I prefer it that way because my political ideology is my own, as humans are a complex creature and the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

It's also very easy to make fun of Democrats and famous people that post Tweets like this 

cher

And people obsessed with cancel culture, race, genders, pronouns, calling others nazis/fascists and other stuff that I hope to see in GTA VI.

Edited by Yoona

CynicalMexican
23 minutes ago, Yoona said:

It's also very easy to make fun of Democrats and famous people that post Tweets like this 

cher

And people obsessed with cancel culture, race, genders, pronouns, calling others nazis/fascists and other stuff that I hope to see in GTA VI.

Tbh most first world celebrities are just massively cringe.

5 hours ago, Wakka387 said:

I'm Mexican, so I kinda see everything from the USA/Canada/EU/ANZAC as a giant sack of sh*t lol even though our politics a a God damn sh*t show.

Shout out to Ann Coulter. Rich limo conservative whiny rich girl gets offended at the sight of a Mexican flag lmao.

• Like 2

José_Sócrates

Tbh I think if they made the next game's protagonist one of those woke people and made him/her/(them?) carry out crimes to fulfil their "woke" agenda, it would be an extremely hilarious concept and damn good way to parody "wokes".

12 hours ago, Jezus Holy Christ said:

I encourage every internet fascist reading this to take five minutes out of their busy workday of hating women and minorities online, to google "statue of happiness". There's no way you've played that Rockstar game and still call them woke.

Here we go. But I agree with you. Women are awesome, women can do no wrong, women are very victimized in today's society, women are very empowered. Any criticism directed at women certainly comes from not only fascists, but incel fascist neckbeards. #killallmen #menaretrash #menarepigs #allmenarepotentialrapists. Sorry for the f*cking rant, but comments like this where women are painted as this victim class just trigger me nowadays, especially since they usually imply that any criticism is equal to hate, which is not true and it's a very harmful way of thinking.

4 hours ago, Yoona said:

cher

to be fair, that is Cher. She has been off her rocker since she broke up with Sonny.

But alas, you miss the point how that despite Democrats being cringy and stupid, they are not as evil or conniving as republicans.

The Republican party seems to want power at any cost, going as far as changing district lines in order to make things more favorable to their party. This is a very calculated move, where in several cases the GOP has outright

removed representation from latino & african american communities.

Some examples over the last few years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-maps-are-designed-to-weaken-democrats-on-election-day-duke-math-expert-says/ar-AAQhZkh

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/north-carolina-judges-toss-maps-slam-gerrymandering-stinging-ruling-n1049411

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-carolina-judges-gerrymandered-gop-friendly-districting-eric-holder

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/missouri-judge-finds-gop-redistricting-measure-misleading-72423995

https://www.businessinsider.com/partisan-gerrymandering-has-benefited-republicans-more-than-democrats-2017-6?op=1

There is a huge difference between changing districts based on changing demographics (Proper), and changing them in an effort to consolidate political power (Improper)

4 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

I'm Mexican, so I kinda see everything from the USA/Canada/EU/ANZAC as a giant sack of sh*t lol even though our politics a a God damn sh*t show.

Shout out to Ann Coulter. Rich limo conservative whiny rich girl gets offended at the sight of a Mexican flag lmao.

Afro-Hispanic here, I agree it is hilarious to see people get so personally offended if someone speaks spanish or has a mexican flag near by.

Like, spanish has been a language spoken in america for hundreds of years, hell, parts of america used to belong to mexico. so the idea that "english" is the only language that should ever be spoken in america is preposterous at best.

Also, the same people who bitch and moan about mexican flags tend to be the same that defend the "never actually used by confederates" confederate flag to the death.

🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by Wakka387
  • Like 2

billiejoearmstrong8

The US democratic party is a neoliberal centre-right party. It's not an extreme political position. It doesn't even make it to left of centre, let alone far left. The US republican party is an extreme, almost far right party. They're not joked about equally because they're not anywhere near equal extremes. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Wakka387 said:

to be fair, that is Cher. She has been off her rocker since she broke up with Sonny.

But alas, you miss the point how that despite Democrats being cringy and stupid, they are not as evil or conniving as republicans.

The Republican party seems to want power at any cost, going as far as changing district lines in order to make things more favorable to their party. This is a very calculated move, where in several cases the GOP has outright

removed representation from latino & african american communities.

Some examples over the last few years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-maps-are-designed-to-weaken-democrats-on-election-day-duke-math-expert-says/ar-AAQhZkh

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/north-carolina-judges-toss-maps-slam-gerrymandering-stinging-ruling-n1049411

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-carolina-judges-gerrymandered-gop-friendly-districting-eric-holder

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/missouri-judge-finds-gop-redistricting-measure-misleading-72423995

https://www.businessinsider.com/partisan-gerrymandering-has-benefited-republicans-more-than-democrats-2017-6?op=1

There is a huge difference between changing districts based on changing demographics (Proper), and changing them in an effort to consolidate political power (Improper)

Afro-Hispanic here, I agree it is hilarious to see people get so personally offended if someone speaks spanish or has a mexican flag near by.

Like, spanish has been a language spoken in america for hundreds of years, hell, parts of america used to belong to mexico. so the idea that "english" is the only language that should ever be spoken in america is preposterous at best.

Also, the same people who bitch and moan about mexican flags tend to be the same that defend the "never actually used by confederates" confederate flag to the death.

🤷🏾‍♂️

You also need to acknowledge that hyperprogressive communist teens/young adults whose gender identity is their whole personality also vote democrat.

Do they not count?

billiejoearmstrong8
4 minutes ago, MetroFloaty said:

You also need to acknowledge that hyperprogressive communist teens/young adults whose gender identity is their whole personality also vote democrat.

Do they not count?

Would they call themselves democrats though? I think most people in that category are unimpressed with the democrat party and either don't vote, vote third party or begrudgingly vote for them as a vote against the republican party.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Would they call themselves democrats though?

Perhaps not, but they still represent a large part of their voter base which doesn't make it too hard to poke fun at them

Jezus Holy Christ
7 hours ago, José_Sócrates said:

Women are awesome

Agreed. Isn't humanity inherently great?

I didn't want to reply to the cop-caller from earlier, but you spoke very clear and blunt so I'll do it to clear things up. First off, I agree with ZERO of the below statements:

7 hours ago, José_Sócrates said:

women can do no wrong

women are very victimized in today's society

Any criticism directed at women certainly comes from not only fascists, but incel fascist neckbeards

#killallmen

#menaretrash

#menarepigs

#allmenarepotentialrapists.

any criticism is equal to hate

I don't think this is the right place to be talking about what my point of view and my perspective is or what my views are on these - mostly exaggerated - issues. I'll just leave it at saying I don't think there's such a thing as "all minorities vs whites", or "sinners vs god-fearing republicans", or "greedy women vs oppressed men". I find these battles to be fabricated ones, damn near nonexistent ones.

I think there is a failing system in place. Pitting people against each other, buys that system some time. And I believe that's what's happening here. Good ol "Divide and conquer".

I don't think Rockstar has done any so-called "woke" thing ever, so I'll use an example that infuriated a lot of people: I didn't like the Saints Row reboot's cast of main characters that much. I didn't find a topless chef boy to be that great of a fit for a criminal empire themed game. But does that mean Volition are "woke", pushing a certain agenda? No. If I had an agenda I wouldn't trust those dummies with pushing it!

They're just a company in this vast sea of companies trying to communicate with younger generations and that's a tale as old as time: A company trying to make something their target audience "relates to". Is it going well? Is it politically charged? Hell no. But politically charged media outlets, take things like this, warp them into something that's useful for their side of the fabricated, damn near nonexistent battles that are trendy right now, and help instigate fights between people.

• Like 3

When you realize that Americans don't behave like peds in a Grand Theft Auto game: :cringekek:

1 hour ago, MetroFloaty said:

Do they not count?

I do not count the political position of teenagers nor young adults as their brains have not fully developed (Development of the human brain tends to end around the mid-late 20s).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3621648/

1 hour ago, Jezus Holy Christ said:

Agreed. Isn't humanity inherently great?

I didn't want to reply to the cop-caller from earlier, but you spoke very clear and blunt so I'll do it to clear things up. First off, I agree with ZERO of the below statements:

I don't think this is the right place to be talking about what my point of view and my perspective is or what my views are on these - mostly exaggerated - issues. I'll just leave it at saying I don't think there's such a thing as "all minorities vs whites", or "sinners vs god-fearing republicans", or "greedy women vs oppressed men". I find these battles to be fabricated ones, damn near nonexistent ones.

I think there is a failing system in place. Pitting people against each other, buys that system some time. And I believe that's what's happening here. Good ol "Divide and conquer".

I don't think Rockstar has done any so-called "woke" thing ever, so I'll use an example that infuriated a lot of people: I didn't like the Saints Row reboot's cast of main characters that much. I didn't find a topless chef boy to be that great of a fit for a criminal empire themed game. But does that mean Volition are "woke", pushing a certain agenda? No. If I had an agenda I wouldn't trust those dummies with pushing it!

They're just a company in this vast sea of companies trying to communicate with younger generations and that's a tale as old as time: A company trying to make something their target audience "relates to". Is it going well? Is it politically charged? Hell no. But politically charged media outlets, take things like this, warp them into something that's useful for their side of the fabricated, damn near nonexistent battles that are trendy right now, and help instigate fights between people.

you pretty much hit the nail on the head, this "culture war" stuff is poison to the mind and only serves to cause conflict where none should exist.

The fact that Facebook was caught using said manipulation to create engagement on it's platform in an effort to raise profits should be an eye opener.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/07/29/1030260/facebook-whistleblower-sophie-zhang-global-political-manipulation/

As for the Saints Row reboot, I agree that it is just appealing to the younger "Gen Z" generation and following current trends, granted Saints Row has always been pretty silly after 1 & 2, so I don't know what people were expecting... In the last entry of the series you go to hell & fight the devil, and in the entry before that, you fight off an alien invasion in a virtual environment as the president of the United States. The reboot seems fairly tame in that regard, which I feel is a good thing.

Honestly, it is like people forget that "Creative Freedom" is a thing that exists.

Edited by Wakka387
  • Like 3

Officer Ronson

If you ask me, they probably didn't include the Confederate flag on Phil's shirt because its a bitch to re-draw. Other than that, maybe it's a corporate mandate from take-two to avoid any further minor controversy, because there's surely a shortage of journalistic websites looking for the next big scoop to cash in. 

José_Sócrates
4 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

The US democratic party is a neoliberal centre-right party. It's not an extreme political position. It doesn't even make it to left of centre, let alone far left. The US republican party is an extreme, almost far right party. They're not joked about equally because they're not anywhere near equal extremes. 

Don't want to get off topic, but wow are you kidding me? The Republican party in the US, an extreme right wing party (you said almost right wing, but the real meaning of extreme in this context is right wing)? When there are literally fascist parties in some countries in Europe? Democrats are center-right, Republicans are right, but just slighty to the right of Democrats. Period. Anything else comes from a misinformed opinion. And all the discussion here is futile. There is no worse party. The both parties are sides of the same coin, it just so happens that the blue side is facing up at this moment, but it may change in a few years. And I bet that the same parties (pun intended) are profiting the same way whether republicans or democrats win the election.

• Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
6 minutes ago, José_Sócrates said:

Don't want to get off topic, but wow are you kidding me? The Republican party in the US, an extreme right wing party (you said almost right wing, but the real meaning of extreme in this context is right wing)? When there are literally fascist parties in some countries in Europe? Democrats are center-right, Republicans are right, but just slighty to the right of Democrats. Period. Anything else comes from a misinformed opinion. And all the discussion here is futile. There is no worse party. The both parties are sides of the same coin, it just so happens that the blue side is facing up at this moment, but it may change in a few years. And I bet that the same parties (pun intended) are profiting the same way whether republicans or democrats win the election.

They're more extreme than democrats is what I mean. They're right, getting towards the far right (but not actually far right or extreme far right as some much worse parties in the world are). Heading towards far right can be described as an extreme position for a major political party though, imo. Whereas democrats are so far from extreme left they're really not even left. 

On 11/3/2021 at 9:40 AM, SageFan said:

L1vWGBm.jpg

It will be interesting to see what the Phil's trailer interior (at 0:20) looks like in Definitive Edition

Ah yes I'm sure Far Left isn't a danger to America, unlike Far Right... oh wait....

Also Democrats wanting to let illegal immigrants from South America to USA is definitely a dangerous thing, and that applies to ANY COUNTRY in the world.

Edited by Yoona
  • excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1

4 hours ago, Yoona said:

Ah yes I'm sure Far Left isn't a danger to America, unlike Far Right... oh wait....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas

During the 2016 campaign, the organization falsely claimed to have shown that the Hillary Clinton campaign accepted illegal donations from foreign sources.[39] Two Project Veritas members were sued for defamation by an employee of Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) who was wrongfully depicted as a "willing participant in an underage sex-trafficking scheme". The suit resulted in two settlements: O'Keefe issued a statement of regret and paid the ACORN employee $100,000 in 2013; the other Project Veritas member paid the employee an additional $50,000 in 2012.[45]

In 2017, Project Veritas was caught in a failed attempt to trick The Washington Post into posting a fabricated story about the Roy Moore sexual misconduct allegations.[17][18][46][47] Rather than uncritically publish a story that accused Republican candidate Moore of impregnating a teenager, The Washington Post critically examined the story that they were presented with, checked the source, assessed her credibility, and ultimately found that there was no merit to her claims, and that instead Project Veritas was trying to dupe The Washington Post.[32]

O'Keefe has been barred from fundraising for Project Veritas in Florida, Maine, Mississippi, Utah, and Wisconsin, partly because of his federal criminal record for entering a federal building under fraudulent pretenses and partly because Project Veritas has repeatedly failed to properly disclose O'Keefe's criminal convictions in applications for nonprofit status. Similar disclosure issues for the group's registration also exist in New Mexico, New York, and North Carolina.[48][49][50]

On February 11, 2021, the Twitter account for Project Veritas was "permanently suspended for repeated violations of Twitter's private information policy." At the same time, O'Keefe's personal account was temporarily locked for violating the policy pending the deletion of a tweet.[51][52] Twitter permanently suspended O'Keefe's personal account on April 15 for violating the website's policy on "platform manipulation and spam", which prohibits the use of fake accounts to "artificially amplify or disrupt conversations". O'Keefe denied that he used fake accounts on Twitter and stated that he intends to sue Twitter in response.[53][54]

In September 2021, the headquarters of Project Veritas in Marmaroneck, New York was destroyed in Hurricane Ida.[55][56] Later that month, the organization announced that it had been scammed out of $165,000 in what appeared to be a business email compromise attack. Attackers monitoring O'Keefe's email communications with his attorneys succeeded in interjecting an email from a similar-looking account into a conversation about an invoice payment, and the organization transferred funds to an account operated by the scammers.[57]

Yea, I am going to go out on a limb and say that I don't trust the video that you posted considering the persons track record & history.

Senator Mary Landrieu (2010)

O'Keefe and colleagues were arrested in the Hale Boggs Federal Complex in New Orleans in January 2010 and charged with entering federal property under false pretenses with the intent of committing a felony, at the office of United States Senator Mary Landrieu, a Democrat. His three fellow activists, who were dressed as telephone repairmen when apprehended, included Robert Flanagan, the son of William Flanagan, acting U.S. Attorney of the Eastern District of Louisiana.[172][173] The four men were charged with malicious intent to damage the phone system.[174] O'Keefe stated that he had entered Landrieu's office to investigate complaints that she was ignoring phone calls from constituents during the debate over President Barack Obama's health care bill.[175]

The charges in the case were reduced from a felony to a single misdemeanor count of entering a federal building under false pretenses.[176][177] O'Keefe and the others pleaded guilty on May 26. O'Keefe was sentenced to three years' probation, 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 fine. The other three men received lesser sentences.[178]

In August 2013, O'Keefe revisited the incident by releasing a video entitled: "a confrontation with former U.S. Attorney Jim Letten on the campus of Tulane University". Letten is a former Republican U.S. Attorney who recused himself from the Landrieu incident because he knew the father of one of the men involved. The video shows Letten accusing O'Keefe of "terrorizing" Letten's wife at their home, of harassing him, and trespassing on the Tulane campus. He called O'Keefe a "coward" and a "spud", and referred to O'Keefe and his companions as "hobbits" and "scum".[179]

Abbie Boudreau (2010)

In August 2010, O'Keefe planned a staged encounter with the CNN correspondent Abbie Boudreau, who was doing a documentary on the young conservative movement. He set up an appointment at his office in Maryland to discuss a video shoot.[180] Izzy Santa, executive director of Project Veritas, warned Boudreau that O'Keefe was planning to "punk" her on the boat by trying to seduce her—which he would film on hidden cameras.[180][181] Boudreau did not board the boat and soon left the area.[180][181]

CNN later published a 13-page plan written by O'Keefe mentor Ben Wetmore. It listed props for the boat scheme, including pr0nography, sexual aids, condoms, a blindfold and "fuzzy" handcuffs.[180][181][182] When questioned by CNN, O'Keefe denied he was going to follow the Wetmore plan, as he found parts of it inappropriate.[181] Boudreau commented "that does not appear to be true, according to a series of emails we obtained from Izzy Santa, who says the e-mails reveal James' true intentions."[183]

Following the Boudreau incident, Project Veritas paid Izzy Santa a five-figure settlement after she threatened to sue, which included a nondisclosure agreement.[184]

Attempt to solicit voter fraud (2014)

In October 2014, O'Keefe and his two colleagues attempted to bait staffers for Congressman Jared Polis (D-CO) and then-U.S. Senator Mark Udall, as well as independent expenditure organizations, into approving voter fraud, according to several staffers who interacted with O'Keefe and his colleagues. Staffers began photographing O'Keefe's crew and advising them that what they were advocating was illegal; one nonprofit said they contacted police.[185]

Attempted sting of Open Society Foundations (2016)

On March 16, 2016, O'Keefe attempted to call Open Society Foundations under the assumed name of "Victor Kesh", describing himself as attached to "a, uh, foundation"[sic] seeking to "get involved with you and aid what you do in fighting for, um, European values."[sic] O'Keefe forgot to hang up after recording the voicemail, and several more minutes of audio were recorded, revealing that he was attached to Discover the Networks and planning a series of attempts to create embarrassing videos or other recordings of targeted groups.[186][187]

Failed attempt to sting The Washington Post (2017)

Beginning in July 2017, Project Veritas operative Jaime Phillips attempted to infiltrate The Washington Post and other media outlets by joining networking groups related to journalism and left-leaning politics. She and a male companion attended events related to the Post, and their conversations with journalists were sometimes covertly recorded.[188]

In November 2017, The Washington Post reported that several women accused Republican Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of pursuing them while they were teenagers and he was in his 30s.[189] Later that same month, Jaime Phillips approached The Washington Post and falsely claimed that Moore had impregnated her as a teenager and that she had an abortion.[189][190] In conducting its usual fact-checking, the Post discovered multiple red flags in her story. They found a GoFundMe page in her name that said, "I've accepted a job to work in the conservative media movement to combat the lies and deceipt [sic] of the liberal MSM." After a Post reporter confronted her with the inconsistencies during a video-recorded interview, Phillips denied that she was working with an organization that targets journalists, and said that she no longer wanted to do the story.[189] She was seen outside Project Veritas' office in Mamaroneck, New York, with her car remaining at the office's parking lot for more than an hour.[189] O'Keefe declined to comment about the woman's apparent connection to Project Veritas.[189][190] Instead of running a story about Phillips' supposed pregnancy, the Post published an article about the attempted sting operation. The Post decided to disclose Phillips' original discussions made off the record, saying that Phillips' lies voided any agreement to keep those disclosures confidential.[189]

Hours after the Post published this story, O'Keefe released a video which he claimed exposed the newspaper's liberal bias.[191] The video includes undercover footage of conversations with two Post employees, national security reporter Dan Lamothe and product director Joey Marburger.[192] These employees explained to undercover Project Veritas operatives the difference between the news reporting of The Washington Post (which calls out the Trump administration's missteps while giving "him credit where there's credit" due) and the Post's opinion editorials; O'Keefe said that this exposed the Washington Post's "hidden agenda."[191][193]

O'Keefe was criticized for his failed sting, and The Washington Post was praised. Rod Dreher of The American Conservative praised the Post and called on conservative donors to stop giving money to O'Keefe's outfit.[194] Dan McLaughlin of the conservative National Review said that O'Keefe's sting was an "own goal" and that O'Keefe was doing a disservice to the conservative movement;[195] Jim Geraghty of the National Review made a similar assessment.[196] Byron York of The Washington Examiner said that O'Keefe's "idiocy" was "beyond boneheaded," and that "O'Keefe really ought to hang it up."[197] Ben Shapiro, the conservative editor in chief of The Daily Wire, said that the botched sting was "horrible, both morally and effectively."[197] Conor Friedersdorf of The Atlantic wrote, "If James O'Keefe respected the right-wing populists who make up the audience of Project Veritas ... he would tell them the truth about all of the organizations that he targets. Instead, Project Veritas operates in bad faith, an attribute it demonstrated again this week in the aftermath of its bungled attempt to trick The Washington Post."[198] Noah Rothman of the conservative magazine Commentary chastised O'Keefe for being exploitative of his audience: "No longer are institutions like Veritas dedicated to combating ignorance in their audience. They're actively courting it."[199]

Jonathan Chait of New York magazine said that O'Keefe, having set out to prove that the Post was fake news, ended up disproving it. O'Keefe's plot collapsed because it was premised on a ludicrously false worldview, wrote Chait. "The Washington Post does not, in fact, publish unverified accusations just because they're against Republicans." O'Keefe's attempts to prove rampant voter fraud have failed "because voter fraud is not rampant."[200]

In 2018, The Washington Post was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting for its coverage of the allegations against Moore, including its exposé of the unsuccessful Project Veritas sting.[9][33]

Attempted stings of perceived enemies of President Trump

The New York Times reported in May 2021 that multiple operatives from Project Veritas were involved in a scheme to discredit F.B.I. employees and other officials who they viewed to be enemies of President Trump. Living out of a large shared home in Georgetown, women employed by Project Veritas went on dates with employees of the F.B.I. to attempt to secretly record them denigrating Trump. National Security Advisor H. R. McMaster was a primary target of this operation, though efforts against him ended in March 2018 when McMaster resigned his position.[201]

Biggus Yikus, now that is some f*cked up sh*t. I am surprised that the owner of Project Veritas is not rotting in prison somewhere, especially with the supposed attacking "Political opponents of trump using spies". Also crazy to see him involved with the insane Erik Prince of Blackwater shame.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/us/politics/erik-prince-project-veritas.html

also, another thing to note https://www.dailydot.com/debug/project-veritas-gofundme/

4 hours ago, Yoona said:

Also Democrats wanting to let illegal immigrants from South America to USA is definitely a dangerous thing, and that applies to ANY COUNTRY in the world.

Honestly, it sounds like your just fearmongering at this point.

America is a country built on illegal immigration, the original settlers were people who got booted out of their own country for being religious nutjobs, so they came to the country that we call america "Illegally" and killed off the natives for the most part. Also, South Americans have far more of a vested interest in keeping the United States functioning than you seem to think. The United States are a buffer for them that keeps other countries from mounting an invasion into the country of "America" as a whole.

Oh yea, fun fact. Guess which country ruined South America & Mexico over the last 40+ years? (Here is a hint, it ain't canada)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change_in_Latin_America

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Nicaragua

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Guatemala

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Colombia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Honduras

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Peru

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Brazilian_coup_d'état

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_intervention_in_Chile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_involvement_in_Contra_cocaine_trafficking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking

Edited by Wakka387
  • Like 3

Gonna pop in and say that this topic is meant to be about Rockstar Games, if ya want to discuss US politics then please do so here in the D&D section.

Thanks!

• Like 2

gwZr6Zc.png

I don't know. People will say anything is woke nowadays. I mean, the word "woke" is being used so much that it probably lost its real meaning and weight a long time ago.

Edited by Wolfman_
English.

8 hours ago, RedDagger said:

Gonna pop in and say that this topic is meant to be about Rockstar Games, if ya want to discuss US politics then please do so here in the D&D section.

Thanks!

to be fair, the term "woke" is deeply imbedded in US politics. As mentioned before, it is a buzz word used by a certain political party to denote if something doesn't fit their beliefs.

5 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

I don't know. People will say anything is woke nowadays. I mean, the word "woke" is being used so much that it probably lost its real meaning and weight a long time ago.

The original term indeed has been lost to time, unfortunately the word was co-opted by undesirables and is still wrongly used to this day.

• Like 2

Back in the day, I considered Rockstar to be a company that likes to take risks by making bold games. Sort of like an underground music label, or a graffity sprayer or an unkown but pretty skilled hip hop artist.

Nowadays, there isn't much differentiating them from other game companies. I often consider THQ Nordic to be the new Rockstar.

RECO-BEAVER-BURGERS

I assume most that are saying this at the moment are reacting to the news that the Confederate flag on Phil's shirt has been replaced so they see this as a form of self censorship on R*'s part and to a degree I can understand why some would feel this way after all what's the point in being a video game franchise that is literally built upon satire if you are not able to you know satirize sub cultures as well as mainstream pop-culture people think that the purpose of satire is to just funny comedy but it really is much deeper than that.

This is a summary of what Satire consists of...Satire is a genre of the visual, literary, and performing arts, usually in the form of fiction and less frequently non-fiction, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, often with the intent of shaming or exposing the perceived flaws of individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement. Although satire is usually meant to be humorous, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.

Edited by RECO-BEAVER-BURGERS

CynicalMexican
On 11/5/2021 at 12:25 AM, Alan Wake said:

Back in the day, I considered Rockstar to be a company that likes to take risks by making bold games. Sort of like an underground music label, or a graffity sprayer or an unkown but pretty skilled hip hop artist.

Nowadays, there isn't much differentiating them from other game companies. I often consider THQ Nordic to be the new Rockstar.

So Red Dead Redemption 2 wasn't bold?

Aside from that, it has a lot less to do with whatever garbage politics are coming out of the collective assholes of the US, Canada, EU, UK, and ANZAC, that it has to do with GTA Online and the new model Rockstar is running with.

Rockstar didn't die because of "political correctness" - they just adapted a gaming model that a lot of people (myself included) don't like.

Edited by CynicalMexican

7 hours ago, Antaxi said:

Go woke-gone broke, this is the rule numba one for devs

it means nothing except "They have something I don't like, so I will cause a sh*tstorm online over it to make others not buy it".

Such a dumb thing to want.

The way I see it - whole western entertainment industry is falling a victim to this sh*t.

Even gaming industry, I mean look how the angry woke mob attacked Daniel Vavra's Kingdome Come Deliverance. 

In case with Vavra he didn't back down, 'cause it's his personal project and he's ready to stand up for it. Corporations on the other hand don't give a damn, they'd rather make their product a piece of mild sh*t without any controversy, meeting all the quotas and demands.

Funny thing is - nobody even minds wokeness/inclusivity/tolerance or however you people call it, it was never an issue in a first place, if it's not out of place and dosen't hurt the narrative.

Let's take Saints Row series as an example. From the first original SR game, it never had problems with inclusivity - you had characters of different races and nationalities, but they didn't feel out of place. These characters were beliveable. The narrative was beliveable. It didn't felt like it's forced on you. And now look at SR reboot, college kinds start a gang to pay off student loans? Millenial power fantasy my ass. And I'm not implying anything but it kinda looks to me like male characters were made to look like total joke on purpose. These characters are not beliveable, this rival gang they've shown in trailer would eat them for breakfast, if you ask me. 

Returning to the topic of Rockstar Games - luckily enough they've managed to stay off this route for a pretty long time and not get bullied into total censorship by anyone. Rockstar games made fun and ridiculed everyone and everything - both liberals and conservatives, the way they did Hilary Clinton in GTA 4 was a pimp move. You could see the satire on everyone, even by listening to how NPC's on the street talk or by reading in-game internet and listening to radio talk shows. 

But I guess that times are about to end even for Rockstar. Houser brothers left the company and I'm pretty sure those folks who fill the void are not as ballsy as Houser brothers team were. Call me a pessimist, but I think if they ever release GTA 6 - it won't be as satirical as previous titles, I don't think they will dare to make fun of the angry woke mob. I guess it will be another piece of mild sh*t, from indoctrinated millenial folks for indoctrinated millenial folks. For now, let's just see how much stuff they gonna cut from GTA Trilogy to meet modern society standarts and avoid offending anybody.

P.S. "Wokeness" is not an issue. The issue is a censorship that comes with it. And censorship at it's full is a death of any kind of art.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SonnyNapoli said:

Houser brothers left the company and I'm pretty sure those folks who fill the void are not as ballsy as Houser brothers team were.

Sam Houser is still in the company, and he's doing absolutely nothing to let this backlash die down.