2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA San Andreas Coming to Oculus!

Spider-Vice

NITW_cat_run_left_1_00004.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

Did not see that coming. I wonder if it'll look the same as DE San Andreas, or if this is something separate from that? Since they mention it's been "years in the making".

Also sucks that it's exclusive to like one headset from one manufacturer in an already niche market. 

Edited by Xerukal

1 minute ago, nob said:

Presuming that this is Dundee's work.

Nope. Cross-posting from the other topic, it's most likely by VGD aka ex-Team Bondi, who also made LAN VR.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/rockstar-vr-aaa-open-world-game-video-games-deluxe-la-noire-the-vr-case-files-studio/

Also, this also explains the Oculus references found in the Rockstar Launcher years ago when RDR2 PC released. Oculus says this has been in development for many years. At the time people (incl. me) even thought it was for RDR2.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:04 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Not just the companion app. There's Oculus and Vive stuff in the launcher too, but we have LA Noire VR that supports both so. Might be for RDR2 too though, I believe it might have support.

greenmario2099

even if it is gonna be definitive edition they need to improve car interiors and other things.I wonder what it is gonna look like

4 minutes ago, nob said:

Presuming that this is Dundee's work.

Probably by Video Games Deluxe (Developers of L.A. Noire)

Edited by RoughD

1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

Nope. Cross-posting from the other topic, it's most likely by VGD aka ex-Team Bondi, who also made LAN VR.

Interesting to see them work together again after Rockstar's extremely poor treatment of Team Bondi. Is this going to be the DE?

• Like 1

K2yjoYK.png

This will help VR a lot! VR needs big games that everyone knows to make it a standard. As someone who uses VR for three years now I am soo happy by this unexpected news!

BTW I made VR topic last year so if there are fellow VR fans here, now it's perfect time to resurrect the thread;

Didn’t see that one coming this morning! I’m curious if it’s the definitive edition or the classic? From the way it’s all worded, it sounds like the classic. It’d be a good testing ground if GTA could succeed in VR for future games like VI. I’m not personally invested in it as I’d probably get motion sickness :sadkek: but we’ll see how this pans out. 

fib_ufo_small.png

2 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

Didn’t see that one coming this morning! I’m curious if it’s the definitive edition or the classic? From the way it’s all worded, it sounds like the classic. It’d be a good testing ground if GTA could succeed in VR for future games like VI. I’m not personally invested in it as I’d probably get motion sickness :sadkek: but we’ll see how this pans out. 

I kinda doubt it's gonna be classic, it would look too bad in VR. I do think it will be DE version mainly because UE4 works amazing for VR. 

Oculus have mentioned this has been in the works for a number of years, so it's kind of conflicting, I suppose they could be sharing codebases between the two "sister" studios though (GSG and VGD), for each DE version.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/games-at-connect-2021/?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=1-aw-facebookconnect-20211028&utm_term=1&utm_content=quest

Today at Connect, we announced that the Rockstar Games classic Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is in development for Quest 2. Get a new perspective on Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas as you experience (again or for the first time) one of gaming’s most iconic open worlds. This is a project many years in the making, and we can’t wait to show you more of it.

Here's hoping a PSVR port, since LA noire came for it too... Gameplay will be absolute puke fest sure, but holy sh*t if there's one thing I would still like to experience about San Andreas, it would be to actually BE there. 

Motion sickness depends on the person, but GTA sounds like the "worst" type of game for VR 😁 Also driving itself "feels" really wrong using motion controllers, I wonder how they manage to make it more enjoyable. Tbh, I almost feel the steering wheel support necessary for heavily vehicle based game as this.

If it doesn't come for PSVR, then I seriously start thinking about buying a gaming PC and Oculus just for this...

Even if it's the visuals of the definitive edition, I think SA's mechanics feel too dated to be fun in VR from a first-person perspective. Especially compared to Resident Evil 4. I'll reserve judgment until they actually show the game, but when the L.A. Noire VR dev's job posting said "AAA," I expected something more contemporary. Maybe Sony will fund such a project for their next headset. 

Russi4nW4rrior

So this is DOA then. No Steam? No Vive or Index? Imagine even owning a Facebook product.

And if it's anything like RE4 its gonna be censored like hell. Thanks Facebook for ruining VR gaming.

4 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Oculus have mentioned this has been in the works for a number of years, so it's kind of conflicting, I suppose they could be sharing codebases between the two "sister" studios though (GSG and VGD), for each DE version.

Does that confirm that it isn't DE? The details are a bit confusing.

K2yjoYK.png

2 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

Does that confirm that it isn't DE? The details are a bit confusing.

I just don't see it not being DE, they have to port it to a new engine to work in VR... Would be a bit pointless to also keep the old graphics considering graphics haven't aged well, nor they are really designed to be seen that up close. 

Edited by pingli

What if they were going to implement FPS mode for the DE version but then made a deal with Facebook for an additional VR port too? 

Yeah, I know they said that they worked for years...

Edited by SquoniX
  • Like 2

I think it'd be wise to brace your selves for cut content here. There's a lot of parts of the game that won't work well in a VR situation and will either have to be completely changed or out right removed for a good VR experience.

I'll be very surprised if there's not big things like select missions changed or cut to smaller stuff like fight styles cut, as they'll probably serve little to no purpose with motion controls.

Any parts of the game that require a third person camera will likely change, though saying that it's not impossible to adapt them. Astrobot is a game played from a top down third person perspective and it works brilliantly... but it was designed from day 1 around VR.

What the actual c*nt, the one time people weren’t hoping for GTA news, and they drop a nuclear bomb on us like this. I’ve never been interested in VR but I might have to give this a try. 

• Like 2