3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

"Remastered" is not excuse to be lazy!

cnp12

I saw the Trilogy's space configuration, almost same as 20 years ago.

We need GTA IV's physics in GTA III, especially more building interior with III and VC.

At least share SA's content with III and VC!

Unfortunately, none of these have been mentioned...

Allow player to enter the cutscene and main building(Like Police HQ)'s  interior outside the mission, also not make character disappear and only exist in the cutscene like ghost for no reason after the cutscene over like Assassin's creed is too much and unreasonable request???

I thought R* is better than Ubisoft~

Many people just prove R* is not only never better than the other studios, but also LAZY than them~

Edited by cnp12
add sentence

Chazza354
24 minutes ago, cnp12 said:

We need GTA IV's physics in GTA III

I'm no game dev, but even I understand that this is so much easier said than done, it would basically require a full remake to accommodate all the ways that the game will be effected when you make such fundamental changes. Maybe we'll get ground-up remakes for the 30th or 40th anniversaries, but these are supposed to be faithful to the originals, and they never claimed anything different.

24 minutes ago, cnp12 said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, do you want gyms, planes, character stats etc? Many fans are happy with the way these games each have their own characteristics and features. I personally wouldn't be too happy if they just crammed all the SA content into 3 and VC - those things are what makes San Andreas a special game and it would feel shoehorned and unnatural to me, not to mention that those maps are smaller and don't really have the space to accommodate a lot of the SA features in my opinion.

Tbh one feature from San Andreas I could get down with is swimming - especially in VC - because as it stands, getting in and out of boats is the most dangerous activity in the game. I can't think of any missions that the addition of swimming would break, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

Edited by Chazza354

RECO-BEAVER-BURGERS

GTA IV's physics would be cool but I do not think its necessary for a remaster however sharing content from San Andreas with GTA III & VC would be reasonable and badass for example adding the stats from San Andreas would be neat hell add in all of the customization that SA had would be really cool imagining Tommy & Claude being able to walk into different clothing stores and having a bunch of new separate clothing items to create a personalized version of them sounds awesome especially if they had interiors, likewise adding some of SA activies to GTA III & VC such as the burglaries or gangwars would be amazing.

34 minutes ago, RECO-BEAVER-BURGERS said:

sharing content from San Andreas with GTA III & VC would be reasonable and badass for example adding the stats from San Andreas would be neat hell add in all of the customization that SA had would be really cool imagining Tommy & Claude being able to walk into different clothing stores and having a bunch of new separate clothing items to create a personalized version of them sounds awesome especially if they had interiors, likewise adding some of SA activies to GTA III & VC such as the burglaries or gangwars would be amazing.

Finally, someone understands what I want to say.

I just want III and VC popular as SA, by sharing SA's content.

Don't tell me after 20 years passed, Claud and Tommy still unable to to SWIM!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chazza354 said:

I'm no game dev, but even I understand that this is so much easier said than done, it would basically require a full remake to accommodate all the ways that the game will be effected when you make such fundamental changes. Maybe we'll get ground-up remakes for the 30th or 40th anniversaries, but these are supposed to be faithful to the originals, and they never claimed anything different.

Unreal engine 4's physics is also a badass, its only depends on how much hard work that Rockstar Game want to Invest.

51 minutes ago, Chazza354 said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, do you want gyms, planes, character stats etc? Many fans are happy with the way these games each have their own characteristics and features. I personally wouldn't be too happy if they just crammed all the SA content into 3 and VC - those things are what makes San Andreas a special game and it would feel shoehorned and unnatural to me, not to mention that those maps are smaller and don't really have the space to accommodate a lot of the SA features in my opinion.

I just want III and VC popular as SA, by sharing SA's content.

Chazza354
1 minute ago, cnp12 said:

Unreal engine 4's physics is also a badass, its only depends on how much hard work that Rockstar Game want to Invest.

54 minutes ago, Chazza354 said:

Maybe there will be some improvements to physics bro, I didn't mean to be disparaging, sorry if it came off like that. I just don't think we can expect something as different as the Euphoria engine. You never know, maybe they have some surprises up their sleeve in terms of features.

KingAJ032304
1 hour ago, Chazza354 said:

Tbh one feature from San Andreas I could get down with is swimming - especially in VC - because as it stands, getting in and out of boats is the most dangerous activity in the game. I can't think of any missions that the addition of swimming would break, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

I still think VCS perfected it if they don't want it SA style

CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, cnp12 said:

I saw the Trilogy's space configuration, almost same as 20 years ago.

We need GTA IV's physics in GTA III, especially more building interior with III and VC.

Unfortunately, none of these have been mentioned...

On the surface, I agree.

Yes, this is a remaster, but I think all games should receive enhancements and extra content to add longevity to the game.

Some things I can think of:

- Swimming in VC

- GTA SA style wardrobes for the other two games

- Extra activities from SA into GTA 3/VC

- Small aircraft for GTA 3

Etc.

Additionally, some new content should help:

- Better more realistic physics 

- New vehicles

- Random characters 

- GTA 4/5 levels of pedestrian interaction

That sort of stuff.

• Like 2

I don't think it's about being lazy. They want to preserve the original feel of the games, so they're upgrading the visual and fixing some of the clunky mechanics. If you remake the games in the IV engine they would be a completely different (and new) beast. Sounds more like an artistic choice to me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wolfman_ said:

If you remake the games in the IV engine they would be a completely different (and new) beast.

So now already it is a whole different beast. They remade it, but in Unreal Engine not Rage.

What difference does it make that they remade it with Unreal Engine rather than Rage? I don't mean that in a technological, I mean it in staying true to the original. The whole engine got swapped out and it has GTA V style weapon, vehicle and player controls. Even R* says it will be different. At this point would it be really be that bad for the games to be implement on Rage (or on UE4, but in a better way)?

Edward Nashton

I'm more interested in seeing better aiming and driving mechanics, which is supposedly happening. Swimming in III and VC would be cool but those games weren't really designed with that in mind, I feel like you'd get stuck or have to swim a long way to find a way back to the surface if you fall in - especially considering III's map design. It would be cool if they make it so falling in water isn't an instant death anymore and you just get teleported back to the surface. It would save a lot of headaches. 

• Like 3

gtafaninwest

I wonder how the trilogy would turn out if Dan, Lezlie, and Lazlow were still around. R* really isn't the same without them. Corporate greed (cough... Take-Two) has really did a number on R*.

Edited by gtafaninwest
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, gtafaninwest said:

I wonder how the trilogy would turn out if Dan, Lezlie, and Lazlow were still around. R* really isn't the same without them. Corporate greed (cough... Take-Two) has really did a number on R*.

Aaron Garbut (Art Director) is still at the studio, but it makes you wonder if he even got to green light it or not.

CynicalMexican
7 hours ago, LaszloR1 said:

Aaron Garbut (Art Director) is still at the studio, but it makes you wonder if he even got to green light it or not.

We'll probably find out when the game releases and such. My gut tells me he probably assisted with the art direction... but I am only going off my gut.

8 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

I don't think it's about being lazy. They want to preserve the original feel of the games, so they're upgrading the visual and fixing some of the clunky mechanics. If you remake the games in the IV engine they would be a completely different (and new) beast. Sounds more like an artistic choice to me.

I have to agree with this. The LoadGamePL videos are a good example of this. Like, it looks good, and I wouldn't mind playing it... but at the same time, it wouldn't feel "right". It just feels they ported over the old games into GTA 5.

Maybe a lot of the original aspects of the games were too spaghetti for RAGE.

7 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

Maybe a lot of the original aspects of the games were too spaghetti for RAGE.

I'm pretty sure the code itself isn't ported over. From the way I see it it might actually be easier to just take the data from the missions for example and redo the logic rather than try to make the old code compatible with UE4.

Edited by LaszloR1

Dingleman

I think it'd kind of ruin the fast pace of the game if we made the player and ped physics too realistic. I'd love for a semi arcade feeling with a bit of spit and polish. Either original physics or a toned down Saints Row ragdoll would keep me happy!

UE4 can definitely do some half decent ragdoll physics, I guess it just comes down to what they decided on?

22 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

Are you justify after 20 years, Claude and Tommy still can't swim and climb is great???

On 10/26/2021 at 11:25 PM, cnp12 said:

especially more building interior with III and VC.

You just ignored these part in purpose, don't think I don't know your argument tactics!😏

Allow player to enter the cutscene and main building(Like Police HQ)'s  interior outside the mission, also PREVENT character DISAPPEAR and only exist in the cutscene LIKE GHOST for no reason after the cutscene over, GREAT EXAMPLE like Assassin's creed.

Is this too much and unreasonable request???

I thought R* is better than Ubisoft~🤔

You just PROVED R* is not only never better than the other studios, but also LAZY than them~

Edited by cnp12
  • Like 2

Thomas Cavendish
18 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

If you remake the games in the IV engine they would be a completely different

They don't need to remake it in IV engine to improve those games and the experience.
They could improve the city, scenery, landscapes, npcs, traffic, contents, and keep the old art style.
They just decided not to improve anything.

I'm from time when Rockstar used to release the best games of all the industry. There were no arguments, no discussions, no doubt about it. When they announced something, it was a blast. It was unanimous.
It was going to be the best game.
This time has gone. The world has changed.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

Spider-Vice
14 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

There were no arguments,

Oh man I guarantee you that wasn't true :kekw: Things got ugly even during GTA V's pre-release, before people used GTA Online as an argument, due to the delays, extremely long periods between info drops, then things being cut etc etc etc.

• Like 3

GhettoJesus

I am the last person to go easy on slacking when it comes to remastering such great games as these, but how were they lazy in terms of content?  The physics are always a hot topic and personally I am glad we aren't getting GTA IV physics. Also, as mentioned above me, you can't just wave a magic wand and put replicate those physics 1:1. Ye, sharing content would be cool but I wouldn't call R* lazy for not doing this. Personally I don't mind it. Plus they are probably aiming to say faithful content wise (if they already failed with character models at least don't fail with content)

MiamiViceCity1986

GTA V massively watered down GTA IV’s Euphoria physics with a greater development budget so the chances are of it being included in the definitive edition are somewhere between “no chance” and “in hell”.

Well I have proof that there is no Ragdoll and Real time car damage.

Too lazy for year 2021 and price 60-70 dollars or euro.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

GTA V massively watered down GTA IV’s Euphoria physics with a greater development budget so the chances are of it being included in the definitive edition are somewhere between “no chance” and “in hell”.

Those were due to the excessive CPU requirements of the Euphoria engine. That contributed a whole lot to GTA IV being one of the least optimized games of all time.

7 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

Well I have proof that there is no Ragdoll and Real time car damage.

Too lazy for year 2021 and price 60-70 dollars or euro.

That actually depends. On the real time car damage I'm pretty sure they went with the old school method, but the Unreal Engine has a couple cool in-built things for ragdolling, not as good as Euphoria, but good.

7 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

The physics are always a hot topic and personally I am glad we aren't getting GTA IV physics.

I don't know why you feel that way, I wouldn't want GTA 4's exact Euphoria either due to the performance impact, but anything that is an improvement (or more modernized) would be a nice addition imo.

Also, as mentioned above me, you can't just wave a magic wand and put replicate those physics 1:1.

It is certainly harder to do with Unreal than with Rage, but unreal has ragdoll stuff as well.

Ye, sharing content would be cool but I wouldn't call R* lazy for not doing this.

I would. The character models don't fit in the world neither with their style neither with their models quality (in a sense that they are higher fidelity than the world around them). Also way too many styles clashing from realistic lighting and reflections to cartoony characters. If they were not lazy they would've adopted the world to fit their characters or their characters to fit the world. But they didn't do either.

Edited by LaszloR1

GhettoJesus

I would. The character models don't fit in the world neither with their style neither with their models quality (in a sense that they are higher fidelity than the world around them). Also way too many styles clashing from realistic lighting and reflections to cartoony characters. If they were not lazy they would've adopted the world to fit their characters or their characters to fit the world. But they didn't do either.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough but when I said content I meant side activities. I agree that they were extremely lazy with character models and that they couldn't settle on a style.

Edited by GhettoJesus

DoubleDutch

I really cant see them not adding ragdolls. In UE4 it is probably more to work recreate the sh*tty pre-animated physics than it is to just add ragdoll physics. A fan added ragdoll physics to San Andreas and it didn't seem to affect the game at all. It just improved it and made running people over more satisfying. The pre-animated stuff in the old games was seriously sh*tty. There's zero benefit to carrying it over. It was just bad, and only existed due to technical limitations

1 minute ago, GhettoJesus said:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough but when I meant content I meant side activities. I agree that they were extremely lazy with character models and that they couldn't settle on a style.

Oh side activities. Yeah I wouldn't want those changed in their mechanics either. Those should retain their original form aside from looks.

CynicalMexican
7 hours ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Tbh, I'd rather have a different physics engine. Something like Watch Dogs or Mafia II. Seeing Euphoria in those old games would be kinda weird.

• Like 1

Those were due to the excessive CPU requirements of the Euphoria engine. That contributed a whole lot to GTA IV being one of the least optimized games of all time.

Nope. You can mod better Euphoria into V at no performance cost. IV's performance problems were unrelated to physics.

• Like 3

UltimateAntic

Calling this remaster 'lazy' is IMO the height of bad manners.

• Like 1

Muller147

Remaster isn't what is used to justify laziness in games, 'live service' is devs + publishers favourite phrase for that nowadays.

The trilogy may end up being a lot of things but lazy isn't going to be one of them, San Andreas' last offering is what being lazy, careless and incompetent with a game looks like.

• Like 1