2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Saint Mark's instant death Should it be changed?

Sebor

For those of you who remember in GTA 3 after a certain point in the story the Leone family will try to kill you on sight. The problem is that they will start carrying shotguns at this point and they will blow up your car in matter of seconds every time you go in their neighborhood. Walking is also out of the question. The entirety of the Saint mark's area becomes a no go zone that you.

Should this be changed as it was kind of absurd that a decent size of the map become a complete no go zone or should it be kept this way to keep the orginal experience?

• excuseme 1

10 minutes ago, Sebor said:

For those of you who remember in GTA 3 after a certain point in the story the Leone family will try to kill you on sight. The problem is that they will start carrying shotguns at this point and they will blow up your car in matter of seconds every time you go in their neighborhood. Walking is also out of the question. The entirety of the Saint mark's area becomes a no go zone that you.

Should this be changed as it was kind of absurd that a decent size of the map become a complete no go zone or should it be kept this way to keep the orginal experience?

Nah, it's motivation to unlock the Bulletproof Patriot again 😉

• Like 1

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

11 minutes ago, Mikeol1987 said:

Nah, it's motivation to unlock the Bulletproof Patriot again 😉

lol that is true, I am really just 50 50 about it in general. I guess the easy fix would be to take away their shotguns.

1 hour ago, Sebor said:

lol that is true, I am really just 50 50 about it in general. I guess the easy fix would be to take away their shotguns.

Seeing the screenshot of III's cops crouching makes me think we will get some fair improvements in NPC interactions and animations so hopefully they do adjust it like you say

• Like 3

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

i think they should just adjust the insane shotgun damage. Instead of 2 shots to blow up a car maybe the third shot sets the car on fire, but even then good luck getting out and running away... you're gonna have a swarm of mafiosos around you 

Maybe they could fix it to where if you perform a stealth kill with a silencer (if they go as far as allowing customization of weapons), the mafia will never know how the perpetrator is.

I think the best way to go about this is to make it a toggle. Yes, having a setting named "Shotguns on mafia members" sounds stupid but both sides would be happy. Though is it really as challenging as people claim? I have never had an issue with them and during a mission for D-Ice where you take his Infernus to Portland the mafiosos aren't hostile so they don't interrupt any missions either. Only Espresso 2 Go I guess.

Edited by GhettoJesus

K2yjoYK.png

10 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

Only Espresso 2 Go I guess.

Yes and in that mission, their Shotguns are replaced with Uzis so they aren't as deadly.

It's an interesting conversation, I don't personally think it needs to be changed but I can also see why it would be frustrating to newer players and those who don't complete all of the collectibles early. It makes sense from a story perspective that the Mafia want you dead so I feel they need to be hostile to an extent, but they could perhaps tone it down a little. I think @Zerdical's suggestion of tweaking the Shotgun damage is pretty good, it'd mean that the area is still pretty no-go but you aren't instantly killed if you find yourself there :p

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GTAKid667 said:

Yes and in that mission, their Shotguns are replaced with Uzis so they aren't as deadly.

Huh you learn something new everyday. Guess they really nerfed them where they could then.

K2yjoYK.png

It'd be interesting to see what they do with this problem from the original game & I think all of us really don't need to deal with it again

I think they should just have pistols or something different that is less powerful than the shotgun, but at the same time something that'd make sense for the Leone Family to be carrying for a sidearm of course. 

I think it should be tweaked. The mafia should definitely still be hostile towards you but it should be more realistic. The shotgun should be adjusted so it's not so OP and the Mafia should have to actually see you. I always thought the most ridiculous part was how good they are at spotting Claude drive by in a car going 70+ mph.

• Like 2

I hope to god they don't nerf the shotgun and M16. Part of the fun for me was trying to survive a night in Portland after killing Sal (we don't need spoilers again do we???) without a Rhino or BP Patriot

Maybe I'm confusing this with something else, but wasn't the shotgun damage in III a sort of oversight or something? I thought I remember hearing it was supposed to be much less, but it just never got fixed obviously.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, crashoverride93 said:

nerfing the shotgun would make one of the rampages harder. So I dont know.

you're right, less fire rate or damage

• Like 1

crashoverride93
4 minutes ago, Daviddslr said:

you're right, less fire rate or damage

What I am saying is I am not much of a fan of making things harder but the rampage where you have to blow up vehicles with the shotgun would be a bit if it was nerfed.

• 4 weeks later...
All of my GTA 3 play has been on PS2. For the annoying constant attack on sight by gangs and Mafia I use a cheat disc and enable the 'gangs ignore you' code.

Some areas having some gang attacks is ok, but in GTA 3 the gang attacks are overdone. A fix without cheat codes could be to add the option in the settings menu to have all gangs or selected gangs ignore the player.