2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What’s the first thing you’re going to do in Vice City Definitive Edition?

Algonquin Assassin

billiejoearmstrong8

If I was going to play it, get in a car to listen to the radio and enjoy hearing the hurricane that I share a name with mentioned. Then see if I can still get to the second island early, and likely find that I can't and be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

Try the Num8 / stoppie spam trick on faggio 

2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

If I was going to play it, get in a car to listen to the radio and enjoy hearing the hurricane that I share a name with mentioned. Then see if I can still get to the second island early, and likely find that I can't and be disappointed.

There's really something fascinating about getting into the 2nd island for the first time. First time I did it was with "Fascination" playing on the radio. ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

There's really something fascinating about getting into the 2nd island for the first time. First time I did it was with "Fascination" playing on the radio. ❤️

billiejoearmstrong8
39 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

First time/first few times playing that's definitely true! I enjoy sneaking there early now though, if you do that you can complete like 40% of the game before the first mission lol, and be set up with lots of cash and advantages. Fun alternative way to just playing naturally and doesn't feel like cheating since you get there through ingenuity and skill. It's kind of cool that they didn't make it impossible with a wanted level etc in VC.

My favourite way is the one where you get a 2 star wanted level in an ambulance and use it to jump over a certain bit of water into the golf course, then wait on low ground next to the water for a police boat to come close enough, kill the cops and jump in and steal it, and boom you can go to the second island and get off in the north of Downtown. If you complete some side stuff to make some money first you can buy the Skumole Shack or Hyman Condo and save there too. And from there you have access to helicopters and can complete tons of the side content on both islands.

The other one I've been successful with is parking a tall vehicle at the left side of the locked gate to Starfish Island where there's a part of the invisible barrier you can jump on from the top of the vehicle to get round it. Then go to the north west of the island and wait for a boat to come close enough to jump on (just random ones or get a wanted level for police boats) - this part is much harder than with the golf course method though. It's also useful once you've already been to the second island early and have over 80 hidden packages but screw things up by dying without saving there so you need to get back - at that point you'll have a sea sparrow at the mansion so all you have to do is get round the gate. 

There's multiple other ways as well, eg ways to glitch through road barriers. But I bet most of them won't work in the new version. First one possibly could since it isn't a glitch or design mistake or anything, just making use of the ambulance/water physics and police behaviour to do a jump and steal a boat. We'll see I suppose - maybe people will even find new ways.

Probably not my first but one of my fondest memories is finding the bf injection on the beach and taking it through the back alleys of ocean drive, on the beach and up north towards the dirt/sand track.

Thats first on my bucket list

Edited by Fidzy

Edit

Edited by ThePlake0815
wrong game

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 3:38 PM, PhPmayan said:

Get in the Faggio and check if they didn't delete 'Billie Jean' lol

I guess this didn't age pretty well

So I just did the mission Shakedown, a mission I had all sorts of trouble with back in the day and kept failing it because cops killed me or I ran out of time, stupid 5 minutes, ON MY FIRST GO.... I think I love this game

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When i have played vc definitive first time, i was focused on beating the game and i did only missions.