gta 4's very bad pc optimization, any fix?

davidthebinger

davidthebinger

as we all know the pc port for gta 4 is very badly optimized. has anyone made a build to fix it? (maybe silent?) if not, should i just emulate the xbox 360 version? 

If you downgrade from the Complete Version to 1.0.8.0 and below; you can use ZolikaPatch to remedy some of the bad optimizations to give you a little boost in performance.

Other than that, the best solution I've found to iron out a lot of the stutters and frame drops with GTA IV is using DXVK (if your GPU supports it). Tried it myself, and the framerate outputted at a locked 60 fps at 1440p resolution at all times except areas where there's a large concentration of peds and vehicles on my GTX 1060 3 GB.

All you need to do for installation is download the latest version of DXVK, and drop "d3d9.dll" and "dxgi.dll" from the x32 folder into GTA IV's directory.

From there, you'll experience stutters initially as DXVK is caching the shaders so play the game for a bit, and eventually the game will run buttery smooth on your system once it finishes caching enough shaders.

davidthebinger
7 hours ago, Be-Deliver said:

If you downgrade from the Complete Version to 1.0.8.0 and below; you can use ZolikaPatch to remedy some of the bad optimizations to give you a little boost in performance.

Other than that, the best solution I've found to iron out a lot of the stutters and frame drops with GTA IV is using DXVK (if your GPU supports it). Tried it myself, and the framerate outputted at a locked 60 fps at 1440p resolution at all times except areas where there's a large concentration of peds and vehicles on my GTX 1060 3 GB.

All you need to do for installation is download the latest version of DXVK, and drop "d3d9.dll" and "dxgi.dll" from the x32 folder into GTA IV's directory.

From there, you'll experience stutters initially as DXVK is caching the shaders so play the game for a bit, and eventually the game will run buttery smooth on your system once it finishes caching enough shaders.

thank you very much, ill try this out

• 1 month later...