4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Error 0x50060000

dommerts35

dommerts35

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the forum and I want to talk about this error.

Some time ago I wanted to play RDO, but I couldn´t because of this error. I tried to login my Social Club and ask Rockstar about it, but I couldn´t neither because I was not able to enter the page, so I thought maybe is just a temporary problem. Already passed 2 weeks and I still have this problem. I used a VPN to enter the page and login so I could ask Rockstar about it. They replied me with possible solutions but none of them worked. This was the request:

Me: Error 0x50060000 I can´t play online. Never happened before, also I have a similar problem with GTA Online. I can´t enter Social Club neither.

Rockstar replied with the chatting, or email response to talk about it. I prefered the chat. They said:

Rockstar:

Thank you for replying to us.

We understand that you are facing error 0x50060000 while playing Red dead online and would like to request you to please clear the cache from your PS4 and check if the issue still persists.

Temporary files and data are often stored on the console to help the overall performance of the game. Unfortunately, these cached files can get corrupted over time which can lead to things like freezes, game loading errors or connectivity issues. Please Note: Performing these troubleshooting steps will not hinder your ability to play or delete any save data/progress you have currently made. Steps:

Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller

Select Turn Off PS4

Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds

Restart the PlayStation 4

Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game Note: This will also reset your brightness setting and choice of language.

If the issue still persists, please get back to us and we will be happy to help.

Obviously I did as they said, but it didn´t worked. So I replied:

Me: Nope, didn´t worked. I turned off my router for 10 minutes and it didn´t worked neither. I tried to clear the ps4 cache, didn´t worked. I´m desperate already. Some months ago, the game was going well, why now? My IP got banned or something?

Rockstar: 

Thank you for replying to us.

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persist. In this case, we request you please try the troubleshooting steps in this article, as they have been successful to resolve many connection issues:

If you are still facing connection issues after trying the steps in the article, we will need some screenshots. 

Once we receive this information, we will be able to investigate your issue further.

Me:  Didn´t worked.

I send the screenshots about this stuff. I opened the ports they asked for.

Rockstar: 

Thank you for writing back to us.

We understand your concern with regards to unable to play Red Dead Online. We're glad to assist you.

We thank you for providing us the requested screenshots. We have checked the screenshots and request you to try changing DNS setting as follows and then reset your router by unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for about 10 minutes. Restart the game client and check to see if your issue is resolved.

Change your Domain Name Servers (DNS)

Go to Settings

Select Network

Select Set Up Internet Connection

Select Wifi/LAN (depending on what you use to connect)

Select Custom

Select / Enter the following details

-

IP Address Settings = Automatic

-

DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify

-

DNS Settings = Manual

-

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

-

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4 (These are Google DNS Addresses)

-

MTU Settings: Automatic

-

Proxy Server: Do Not Use

If the issue persist, please contact Internet Service Provider (ISP) and then check the below Network Ports are open and change the NAT Type to Open. Please attach the screenshots of the below Network Ports showing us Open.

PlayStation Network uses the following ports for communication with game servers:

Port 465 (TCP)

Port 983 (TCP)

Port 1935 (TCP)

3478 (TCP)

3479 (TCP)

3480 (TCP)

Port 3478 (UDP)

Port 3479 (UDP)

10070 - 10080 (TCP)

We Recommend the following additional ports to be opened for Red Dead Online:

Port 6672 (UDP)

Port 61455 (UDP)

Port 61456 (UDP)

Port 61457 (UDP)

Port 61458 (UDP)

Ports 30211-30217 (TCP)

If you have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us back, we will be glad to assist you further.

Have a nice day!

Guess what, it didn´t worked. They replied:

Rockstar:

Thank you for getting back to us.

Below you will find some troubleshooting that should help resolve the issues you are experiencing. These troubleshooting steps come directly from Sony's website.

Step 1: Booting Up in Safe Mode:

The PS4 system has the ability to start up in Safe Mode. This allows access to several functions that can provide you with a way to clean up and potentially fix many issues you may be experiencing.

Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.

Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.

Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

When you have successfully booted the console in safe mode several options will be made available to you.

Step 2: Update System Software:

We recommend that you perform this process before running through any troubleshooting as it is possible that your console's software is not the most recent version and this can create issues running the game.

Step 3: Restore Default Settings:

It is possible that the changing of certain settings could lead to issues with sound and display. If you are experiencing any issues of that type this could resolve your issue.

Step 4: Rebuild Database

This process will essentially replace all current data with any available backup data. This can help fix any issues that were a result of any recent changes to the database.

WARNING: The last two options of the Safe Mode list, Initialize PS4 and Reinstall System Software, will result with a complete wiping of any and/or all information on the PS4 and as such we recommend speaking with Sony before moving forward with these steps. Please keep in mind that we CANNOT restore any deleted data and advise you speak with them about how to back up save files on an external device (to prevent any loss of progress).

If issues persist please feel free to get back in contact with us.

Totally useless. Again. 

Rockstar:

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when attempting to access Online features. We'd like to look into this; however, we'll first need some screencaps from a PC connected directly to your Broadband Internet modem. We'll need screencaps from: (pages like speedtest and my IP)

I do as they say.

Rockstar:

Thank you for your reply.

We understand that you are facing error 0x50060000 while playing Red dead online.

We understand how frustrating it may be so first and foremost, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you may have gone through. We know how hard our players work to earn each item in the game and as a fellow gamer, we understand how it feels.

We would request you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

PlayStation Network uses the following ports for communication with game servers:

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 443 (TCP)

Port 3478 (UDP and TCP)

Port 3479 (UDP and TCP)

Port 3480 (TCP)

GTA Online requires the following ports to be open:

Port 6672 (UDP)

Port 61455 (UDP)

Port 61457 (UDP)

Port 61456 (UDP)

Port 61458 (UDP)

We appreciate our relationship with our customers and will always do our best to help out.

If you have any future technical issues or concerns with any of our titles, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Yeah I did that some days ago already.

Last Rockstar reply:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

Your case has been escalated to the proper department for further review. Please note, cases are addressed in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience.

Jesus I hope I get help, it has been a while. Any of you people know what to do? My last resort is talking to my ISP about it, but they don´t work at weekends.

Thanks for reading this boring stuff.

1 hour ago, dommerts35 said:

We appreciate our relationship with our customers and will always do our best to help out.

Ah, yes, the ever-so-reliable reference to some ambiguous "we".

Y61mIY5.gif

Reddit, StackOverflow (and Gaming StackExchange), and game-specific forums are usually a ton more helpful than Rockstar themselves. The specific error code appears to be linked to Rockstar servers in most cases I've looked at. Otherwise, if you've genuinely performed all of the aforementioned fixes... it's either Rockstar servers or something to do with your connection other than the fixes you've attempted (unlikely, I imagine the former is the culprit).

EDIT: In terms of Rockstar Support's first line, you're not speaking with someone who knows how the internet works, how routers/modems work, how data is transferred either wired or wirelessly, what computers need to access the internet correctly, etc. You're speaking with some clueless idiot who is referring to a terribly-put-together PowerPoint (probably created by some general tech who, even though they have a slip of paper signifying some school verifying they attended some courses, doesn't really know how this sh*t works) and simply pasting what's in the PowerPoint into the message box.

If you've done a clean re-install of both the PS4 OS (a.k.a. a "full system reset"; manually uninstall all games and apps, reset to factory OS, update the OS, and then install RDR2) and the game itself, as well as opening/forwarding all ports associated with online access by the game... the issue likely lies on the server's side rather than client's. I reckon since I've had only a few DNS-related issues with anything in the past, you might give OpenDNS a shot.

Edited by WRXSTiFan
Extended info on incompetent first-responder customer support with zero technical knowledge.

dommerts35

Thanks for the tip. But didn´t worked neither, like everything I Tried

dommerts35

The only way to solve this error is using other Wi-Fi connection. Great

stag3coach2

Tampoco te pierdes mucho no pudiendo jugar a semejante simulador de grindeo.

¿Has probado a contactar con tu compañía telefónica para que te cambie la dirección de IP?